Quantcast

» «
Photo

Addressing V "not being fun" in regards to police combat.

90 replies to this topic
BettyBlueGT
  • BettyBlueGT

Thug

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:50 PM

Sometimes when I lock myself in a store the one noose guy will just try and rush in alone to kill me.. When I see it I tell my friends "whoa we got a wannabe hero here"

Did anybody notice that sometimes cops will drag other cops away from the fighting? Saw it yesterday but he dragged him away before I got to shoot his hero..
  • GTAVTheHeat likes this

mrhandss
  • mrhandss

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:56 PM

Cops shouldn't trigger when nobody sees you do a crime or when your character stands too close to a cop. they also shouldn't trigger when THEY hit you with their cars.

1 star shouldn't automatically escalate just for resisting arrest (meaning now they are shooting at you just because of a ridiculously dumb reason that was most likely an accident) they shouldn't all be hawkeyed shooters until AT LEAST 3 stars. It's also dumb how long it takes 1-2 star wanted levels to go away. the amount of resources and effort put into chasing players at this level is unbelievably dumb. 

• GTAVTheHeat likes this

namor
  • namor

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:00 PM

The wanted system is bent out of shape in the game, along with the fact that most cop vehicles will just materialise out of nowhere like Captain Kirk and the landing party from the USS Enterprise several yards behind you the moment you've commited an accidental infraction. Case in point - the top of Mount Chiliad, only Franklin and an NPC at the apex observation platform, no other soul around. Franklin bumps into aforesaid NPC, at which point three police cruisers appear just below the observation platform!!! Am I supposed to believe that they drove up a 70' incline all the way to the top of Mt Chiliad. I know that sometimes you have to suspend your beliefs in this game, but that is just f*cked up.

Five years in the making, including a one year delay to "tweak" and improve the gameplay and THIS (amongst other things) is the result? Did they not beta-test the bloody game?

• GTAVTheHeat likes this

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

I can't picture life without a point of view..

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:27 PM

All I have to say is I cannot wait till I can blast on cops with friends and fellow cop haters. I remember on countless occasions they have foiled my plans for awesomeness and cool situations. I tried to steal a buzzard attack chopper only to find that police choppers kept spawning in my path thus me never losing my wanted level, it soon came to a very frustrating and explosive conclusion with my bank account $5,000 lighter.. f*cking cops!!

• Ninjambie likes this

BohanThug
  • BohanThug

Niko Bellic went quiet.

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:38 PM

Yes, the cops are a bit overpowered indeed. Saying you've never been killed by the police could be true, if you never screwed around outside the missions or use cheats or escaped them all the time.

But if you do like to screw around and want to engage the police you'll notice how annoyingly accurate they are and how fast they spawn.

I myself don't do police stand offs because I know I can't win.  I kill only the ones that get in my way as I try to get away.

So maybe don't make stupid comments to the people who actually do want to get into shootouts with the cops, eh?

• Skober likes this

LosoNYC
  • LosoNYC

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:26 AM

police ai is OP and bugged out - watever lable u put on it, it needs tweaking

two weeks after release R* are publically only talking about patching GTAO

what a money grab

Good lord, is that all you do?  Bitch, bitch, bitch.

Police are not OP.  Maybe if you played more and bitched less you would not have so many problems.

You are a real dickhead.

• Skober likes this

ThePotentOne
  • ThePotentOne

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:11 AM Edited by ThePotentOne, 30 September 2013 - 03:14 AM.

I agree with the cops spawning too fast. I shoot down 2 helicopters & think I'm about to get away only to have a helicopter spawn right in front of me. I think rockstar is sending a message to people, crime is a hard life & not worth living.

Edit: Another thing is, when the game goes online you'll have more than just yourself shooting at the cops so it will get a lot easier. I think that's why they made it so hard. Maybe put an option in single player, hard cops or easy cops.

MercyfulFate151
  • MercyfulFate151

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:13 AM

I think it's fun, but it is really hard now. I frequently have to stop, shoot down the chopper then try to escape again. By then they've usually wrecked my car, so I die.

IHateFlightSchool
  • IHateFlightSchool

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:06 AM

Vooodu you are a complete f***in idiot. What's your deal? Do you work for Rockstar? I hate when someone makes a valid complaint and some a** bag comes in and says stfu and deal with it.

TrevorPhilipsInc
  • TrevorPhilipsInc

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:27 AM Edited by TrevorPhilipsInc, 30 September 2013 - 04:34 AM.

The only thing that needs to be done to cops is this.

They need to conduct their on foot "Search & Sweeps" with relation to your last SEEN location.

Currently, police do not seem to initiate their search for you starting in the location of your last seen whereabouts.  Instead they magically seem to know where your elaborate hiding spots.

For example my last SEEN location will be half a mile away - but somehow the police are all still converging on top of my location and it feels like pac man.

If they fixed this one thing omg

I ran from the police near the docks...had helicopters and everything on me. I was on foot and the wanted system was at four stars. I jumped into the ocean and swam to a dock across the way....Was able to evade the police helicopters by diving under water multiple times while crossing over to the next dock.

I then climbed up ran across an open area where another two helicopters descended on me and identified me..I shot one down and the second one lost sight of me as it made a U-turn on the other side of the warehouse...

While the Helicopters view was obstructed by the warehouse I began using the walls of various objects including the connexes (metal containers) to hide behind and when I felt I wasnt going to be spotted by the new helicopter joining the one already on scene AND the increasing presence of police on ground. I was able to make it to an old hoopty that was obstructed by trailers and various objects. This prevented the police arriving from the highway to see me break into and steal the car.

I backed out and drove straight through the army of Police descending on the area including the SWAT Teams on the sides of the SUVs. Multiple Search Cones scanned me as I quickly bolted out of the area. From there I continued to drive north trying to get out of the Docks and the various warehouses.

Worried that even though I had gotten past the swarm at the docks that the cop cars searching the outter perimeter would spot me. I began zig zagging through alleyways between the Warehouses and the streets before I safely made it out of their cordon completely.

So it is do able.

While grabbing that slow as truck as Franklin for the Weed Mission. I was able to drive it down into a tunnel between the canals and subway system effectively losing the police entirely.

And on numerous occasions had prolonged stand offs with the police (dying at the end after reaching max wanted levels and having more cops descend on me then I could solely handle at once) by simply being mindful of where I wanted to pick a fight and hold my ground. I didnt have a 'massacre cops and get away plan'....I fully expect to be gunned down during these firefights and Im totally okay with it. Its a different story when I didnt intentionally start something with them. But Im not going to cry because I picked a fight with the cops and lost.

The Guide actually gives you great tips on how to avoid the police when being pursued. Even at higher wanted levels.

1.) Get out of the Crime scene quickly...Dont stand by and wait for the cops to be called..Expect them to be on their way.

2.) Get your car repainted

3.) Dont drive in one straight direction. Zig Zag through alleys and roads. Even if you just do a large circle around the crime scene...Just keep moving...Theres almost always a gap in the Polices search pattern.

4.) Change cars..When the cops lose sight of you or havent gotten to you yet. Change cars..They wont know its you in the car unless you do something stupid like run down a pedestrian or pop off a round.

5.) While in water dive as often as possible and try to surface randomly...Dont just swim for shore trying to take the fastest route out of water. Zig zag when surfacing.

Salandrea
  • Salandrea

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:27 AM

Huh?...  You are not supposed to win shoot outs with cops.  You are supposed to get the hell away as fast as possible. 

And if you do start a shoot out with cops you better have an escape plan ready.  Because you will die.. 

We did multiple times in the campaign. And me and my friends did it all the time(well, lasted a long time) in GTA4.

We would travel on foot from one side of the map to the other, with 6 stars. And we could live all the way to the end, and it was loads of fun.

^Not possible in GTA5, and it makes the game less fun.

GTA is not about killing cops.  It never was.... 

I'm sorry, is that what my comment said? No, I was referring to a few missions in the game that involved you killing cops(plus the military for f*** sake) and beating them in firefights and escaping.

Plus, fighting cops in the previous games was possible and FUN regardless. In this game, it is not.

So fighting cops is no longer possible?    Well, that's news to me. 

Seriously. Everyone needs to stop bitching.... Its very annoying.

How would you know if it's possible or not? You don't fight them, you cause an incident and then you run away.

Shakengandulf
  • Shakengandulf

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:57 AM

Theres nothing wrong with police.   People really need to just stfu and deal with it.

I've yet to be busted or killed by the police...I have no clue what people keep bitchin about.

You cleary must not do anything but play the missions. The police are overpowered AF. & I've never been BUSTED niether, because the cops are more interested in putting you in the ground than their backseat.

WRONG...  More like you clearly have no clue what I do when playing.    But, I really don't go out of my way to annoy cops. 

No, the police are not over powered.  Not to me anyways.
If something is right for you, why does that make it right for everyone else?
Anyhow, it seems like you're in the minority, well... On this topic anyway.
And im calling bullsh*t on you not being killed by the cops, either you have done sh*t all or you have absolutely gone out of you're way to avoid the cops.
Since i know how bad the cops can be, i avoid them more but i cant prevent death if 2-3 stars kicks in, not all the time atleast.
I wouldnt have an issue with you're posts but its because you go on about everyone either being sh*t, not doing it right or just being wrong and should avoid cops... Which is a huge aspect of gta btw. So accept others are going to have a different opionion and grow up.

CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:31 AM

It's possible, but a lot harder. And you will not last long. After 3 stars, there is very little you can do if you want to fight the cops.

The fact is, it's simply not fun anymore like it was in the past GTA games. I don't understand why you're against allowing us to fight the cops in such a way that we could in other GTA games? It's only a good thing IMO.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:42 PM

They overdone that aspect, and now you're dead as soon as you exit the car.

It definetly needs tweakings.

So don't get out of the car.. Sounds more like you need the tweaking.

Shut the hell up already you damn fan boy.

I love this game, and is by far my favorite GTA along with 4. But it DOES have issues, and cops are one of them.

Sure the game has issues but cops are not one of them... Maybe you should take your own advice and shut the hell up.  No one likes a wittle baby.

Anyone with issues against cops clearly has issues.  My advice would be a shrink or to stop playing.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:46 PM

Theres nothing wrong with police.   People really need to just stfu and deal with it.

I've yet to be busted or killed by the police...I have no clue what people keep bitchin about.

You cleary must not do anything but play the missions. The police are overpowered AF. & I've never been BUSTED niether, because the cops are more interested in putting you in the ground than their backseat.

WRONG...  More like you clearly have no clue what I do when playing.    But, I really don't go out of my way to annoy cops. 

No, the police are not over powered.  Not to me anyways.
If something is right for you, why does that make it right for everyone else?
Anyhow, it seems like you're in the minority, well... On this topic anyway.
And im calling bullsh*t on you not being killed by the cops, either you have done sh*t all or you have absolutely gone out of you're way to avoid the cops.
Since i know how bad the cops can be, i avoid them more but i cant prevent death if 2-3 stars kicks in, not all the time atleast.
I wouldnt have an issue with you're posts but its because you go on about everyone either being sh*t, not doing it right or just being wrong and should avoid cops... Which is a huge aspect of gta btw. So accept others are going to have a different opionion and grow up.

Why does everything neede to be right for everyone?  Why does this current generation think like that. .. This ain't burger king pal, nothing has to be right for everyone.

And yes, I do avoid cops.  That's kind of the point, that's how you NOT DIE.  And seriously 2-3 stars is nothing....  Seriously.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:51 PM

It's possible, but a lot harder. And you will not last long. After 3 stars, there is very little you can do if you want to fight the cops.

The fact is, it's simply not fun anymore like it was in the past GTA games. I don't understand why you're against allowing us to fight the cops in such a way that we could in other GTA games? It's only a good thing IMO.

At 3 stars you should be getting the f*ck outta there.  This ain't a po pop shooting range.   Why do people complain when getting into shoot outs with the police. 

If you do get into a shoot out you need a great place to hold out, the right guns and a good getaway plan.

Im not against people fighting cops.  Im against sh*tty stupid cops that are easy to kill. 

slydog
  • slydog

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:53 PM

Wow check out the bad ass cannot wait to see how owned he will be online when us cops are busting him.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:53 PM

Huh?...  You are not supposed to win shoot outs with cops.  You are supposed to get the hell away as fast as possible. 

And if you do start a shoot out with cops you better have an escape plan ready.  Because you will die.. 

We did multiple times in the campaign. And me and my friends did it all the time(well, lasted a long time) in GTA4.

We would travel on foot from one side of the map to the other, with 6 stars. And we could live all the way to the end, and it was loads of fun.

^Not possible in GTA5, and it makes the game less fun.

GTA is not about killing cops.  It never was.... 

I'm sorry, is that what my comment said? No, I was referring to a few missions in the game that involved you killing cops(plus the military for f*** sake) and beating them in firefights and escaping.

Plus, fighting cops in the previous games was possible and FUN regardless. In this game, it is not.

How would you know if it's possible or not? You don't fight them, you cause an incident and then you run away.

I fight the cops... I just don't stick around till I die.  Theres no point

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:58 PM

Wow check out the bad ass cannot wait to see how owned he will be online when us cops are busting him.

Looking forward to people trying to own me...  Catch me if you can.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:01 PM

Yes, the cops are a bit overpowered indeed. Saying you've never been killed by the police could be true, if you never screwed around outside the missions or use cheats or escaped them all the time.

But if you do like to screw around and want to engage the police you'll notice how annoyingly accurate they are and how fast they spawn.

I myself don't do police stand offs because I know I can't win.  I kill only the ones that get in my way as I try to get away.

So maybe don't make stupid comments to the people who actually do want to get into shootouts with the cops, eh?

Im not making stupid comments to people who want to get into shootouts with the cops.  Im making legit comments toward people who get into shootouts with cops then complain when they die to them.  Right?

gepetto420
  • gepetto420

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:50 PM

3 stars is easy.  im working on escaping 4 stars on a fairly consistent basis.  i've had 4 star pursuits lasat about 15-20 mins.  anyone have some tips to escape from 4 stars ? 

Shiggy
  • Shiggy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:12 PM Edited by Shiggy, 30 September 2013 - 07:12 PM.

Anybody complaining about the police combat being too difficult in this game has clearly never played any of the pre GTA IV games. Actually it seems like most of the people whining about the police being too hard are the same people whining about the driving being too easy. 

GTA IV's police force was a joke. You could box out an alleyway with a car and gun down cops indefinitely, and the police would still keep blindly running to their death. It didn't even feel like the police chased you in the game, make a single turn and you would lose any cops behind you, only to be spotted again by the 12 cop cars that just spawned in front of you.

Now in V we have police chases that are actually entertaining. It feels like every time I get into chase something awesome and totally unexpected happens. In IV, I could sit in a single spot and gun down cops, and I only ran when I got bored of killing the retarded LCPD AI. In V, if I sit in one spot too long the police will flush me out and gun me down. Instead I find that you have to be mobile. Take down any cops in the immediate area and run before backup arrives. You can still have a showdown with cops if you find the right area. I hid out in a parking garage with Trevor and Franklin while running from the cops, and it ended up being the most hectic firefight I've had in game, with cops swarming in from the lower levels, and SWAT teams rappelling in from the roof.

I will be extremely disappointed if R* dumbs down the police AI to appease the crybabies. The game is fine. I can't imagine having anywhere near as much fun with the game if we were still driving around with IV's sh*tty boatmobile car physics and retarded Wiggum Police AI.

kotaco
  • kotaco

Clan mXm

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:17 PM Edited by kotaco, 30 September 2013 - 07:21 PM.

1: Police are trained marksmen.

2: Police cars are juiced up, as they should be and have experienced drivers.

3: Losing chopper is easy, theres a reason theres alot more alleys and garage houses then in any other gta to date, not to mention tunnels/subway tunnels.

Its hillarious to see one post whine that game is to easy, followed by another post whining to increase players health (body armor is there for a reason).

That said, I do agree that It can be a bit to easy to get the 1 star at times, when theres supposedly no one else around, but thats about it.

Being someone who works in the emergency services / public safety in real life, you give your police force a bit too much credit. They are trained, they are generally accurate, but they are in now way special forces operators deadly accurate every time as far as the average street cop goes.

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

I can't picture life without a point of view..

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:17 PM

I took cover in mike's house and killed cops. after a short while they stopped coming into the house because they knew they would die. So their only choice was to wait for me to come downstairs and show myself.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:32 PM

Anybody complaining about the police combat being too difficult in this game has clearly never played any of the pre GTA IV games. Actually it seems like most of the people whining about the police being too hard are the same people whining about the driving being too easy. 

GTA IV's police force was a joke. You could box out an alleyway with a car and gun down cops indefinitely, and the police would still keep blindly running to their death. It didn't even feel like the police chased you in the game, make a single turn and you would lose any cops behind you, only to be spotted again by the 12 cop cars that just spawned in front of you.

Now in V we have police chases that are actually entertaining. It feels like every time I get into chase something awesome and totally unexpected happens. In IV, I could sit in a single spot and gun down cops, and I only ran when I got bored of killing the retarded LCPD AI. In V, if I sit in one spot too long the police will flush me out and gun me down. Instead I find that you have to be mobile. Take down any cops in the immediate area and run before backup arrives. You can still have a showdown with cops if you find the right area. I hid out in a parking garage with Trevor and Franklin while running from the cops, and it ended up being the most hectic firefight I've had in game, with cops swarming in from the lower levels, and SWAT teams rappelling in from the roof.

I will be extremely disappointed if R* dumbs down the police AI to appease the crybabies. The game is fine. I can't imagine having anywhere near as much fun with the game if we were still driving around with IV's sh*tty boatmobile car physics and retarded Wiggum Police AI.

I agree with most of what you said except the 'sh*tty boatmobile car physics'.  I loved GTA 4 sliding/momentum/crash mechanics.  

Weedity
  • Weedity

The Weed Deity Don Weedity

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:36 PM

3 stars is easy.  im working on escaping 4 stars on a fairly consistent basis.  i've had 4 star pursuits lasat about 15-20 mins.  anyone have some tips to escape from 4 stars ? 

It's easier to lose them in the country. Places secluded from roads and what not, it's the helicopters you need to watch out for. You need a fast car, lots of smg ammo, and to get in a very secluded area. 

psychadelic145
  • psychadelic145

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:07 PM

i just wanted to say to some that for one the reason they spawn out of no where is because unlike IV they police are not prominent throughout the city or even the country you seem them occasionally doing something to chase someone or have a shoot out but that's it the idea of why they spawn is because of that factor. Which is also why there is the unforseen issue now that they spawn outta no where. i do agree about the stealthing and how they spawn but if anyone remembers police have always randomly spawned sometimes infront of you or where ever. i agree there is an overall issue perhaps even adding a police difficulty option but that's pretty unlikely. anyways let's try to discuss more than insult.

Virazol
  • Virazol

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:13 PM

The only thing I think should be changed, is how Psychic they are, their spawn distance, and maybe add a Skyrim touch to it.  If you put away your weapons and pull over/stand still then they will make an attempt to arrest you instead of blowing you to smithereens.

Erebosgaminghd
  • Erebosgaminghd

Gaming YouTuber

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:17 PM

I think it's fun, but it is really hard now. I frequently have to stop, shoot down the chopper then try to escape again. By then they've usually wrecked my car, so I die.

Try upgrading your car:

Yorpie
  • Yorpie

I fought the law, and the law lost.

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:49 PM

I think the cops are just perfect in combat.

In IV, they were to easy. Luckely modding weapon damage etc... sorted that out.

NOOSE using teargas to get you out of hiding and cops dragging injured officers into cover is really nice as well. Really glad they brought all the good things about police from previous GTA games into this one. (rope rappeling like in the III era, spike strips just like in vice city (stories) and liberty city stories, randomised roadblocks (not only on bridges like in IV).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users