Quantcast

» «
Photo

Addressing V "not being fun" in regards to police combat.

90 replies to this topic
007_eleven
  • 007_eleven

The 80's are never over!

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:51 PM

Good evening GTAForums. So I've being seeing a fair number of complaint threads about GTA no longer being fun due to ridiculous police A.I, we all know about getting 1 star for the silliest of infractions, that's as well as spawn distances is part of the problem that I've witnessed in my proportionately large amount of playtime, and it could be improved, but I have some other ideas regarding combat vs police and other enemies that could make that elusive sense of having "fun" achievable for the average GTAForumer.

-Firstly, the police are very aggressive in this game compared to IV. My strongest memories of LC's finest are them huddling behind cars and taking potshots whilst I methodically blew their brains out with a carbine rifle. Put simply, it's very hard to do the same in V. The police are smarter and are extremely accurate, which isn't really a bad thing, giving more intense gameplay than mowing down hordes of retarded IV A.I. Don't nostalgically reminisce about how "fun" this was, because they were plain dumb and presented little challenge, an occasional all out shooting spree was ok but by no means the glorified peak of gameplay. Now, for V I'd suggest lowering police shooting accuracy a teeny tiny bit and increasing reinforcement spawn time, right now they're sorta like a cyborg army firing lazers at you :p

As my main point, I haven't had the chance to test this yet and it might be simply an effect of A.I accuracy but our characters seem to have less health/weapons do more damage in V than IV, making prolonged firefights difficult. This is partially looked at by the regenerative health system, if you can stay still you can extend the length of a fight, but essentially you're running around at half health and can be finished off easily. We won't be able to compare damage to other players with IV stats until online launches but what does the community think about significantly buffing the amount of player health/lowering weapon damage? Personally I think R* and a proportion of players pushing for realism have made the combat a little too difficult to the point where we're seeing this massive backlash from the playerbase who see realism as the enemy of "fun". Are they partially right in this case, is adding more health a good solution in your opinion? Discuss.

(My own opinion is realism is a wonderfully immersive and entertaining thing in video games but needs to be carefully moderated to not go overboard, cops could be slightly less accurate/intensive and we could do with a fair amount more of health)
  • C4-_-GIBBfather and Wall street banker like this

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:01 PM

Theres nothing wrong with police.   People really need to just stfu and deal with it.

I've yet to be busted or killed by the police...I have no clue what people keep bitchin about.

Cryki
  • Cryki

The Realist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:07 PM

Theres nothing wrong with police.   People really need to just stfu and deal with it.

I've yet to be busted or killed by the police...I have no clue what people keep bitchin about.

Thats a big statement there, Show me your proof.....

• juliangallese likes this

007_eleven
  • 007_eleven

The 80's are never over!

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:12 PM

I've never been busted, killed is another story, they're rather brutal to the point of it being unfair and not fun as many people claim. Skill and not playing tactically/intelligently is part of the complaint process but I'd consider myself a decent GTA player who's been devoted to the series since childhood and I think we could do with a few changes I mentioned in the OP to give people a little breathing room.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:16 PM

I've never been busted, killed is another story, they're rather brutal to the point of it being unfair and not fun as many people claim. Skill and not playing tactically/intelligently is part of the complaint process but I'd consider myself a decent GTA player who's been devoted to the series since childhood and I think we could do with a few changes I mentioned in the OP to give people a little breathing room.

I think the cops are nearly perfect in this game.  Aggressive and dumb as a box of rocks. 

FEDE_snma_ITA
  • FEDE_snma_ITA

Shipped up to Boston

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:21 PM

@Vooodu you have to be stupid or blind not to see how lethal they are!!!
Their aim is that of the finest SAS marksman, they hit you from 100m with a pistol when you're speeding at 150 km/h, they spawn right into your ass every time you put a unit out of combat, their cars can go up to 300 km/h and there is no way to lose a chopper on your six both in cars and helicopters...
I for one liked IV police though i admit they needed some tweakings and a bit more of aggressivity.
They overdone that aspect, and now you're dead as soon as you exit the car.
I therefor agree with the raise of player health a great increase in reinforcement times and a moderate decrease of accuracy for standard officers.
I also think wanted level should have been a mix of IV and current, so you need to stay out of unit visual field and those unit patrol a circular area in proportion of your wanted level as long as you're in it.
Reaction times are also ridiculus in countryside, you kill someone in the fittest woods and police is there shooting at you with air support after ten seconds...
It definetly needs tweakings.

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:26 PM

1: Police are trained marksmen.

2: Police cars are juiced up, as they should be and have experienced drivers.

3: Losing chopper is easy, theres a reason theres alot more alleys and garage houses then in any other gta to date, not to mention tunnels/subway tunnels.

Its hillarious to see one post whine that game is to easy, followed by another post whining to increase players health (body armor is there for a reason).

That said, I do agree that It can be a bit to easy to get the 1 star at times, when theres supposedly no one else around, but thats about it.

• mollemans likes this

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:58 PM

@Vooodu you have to be stupid or blind not to see how lethal they are!!!

So im stupid and blind because I have no issues with the cops?

L M F A O.    I think you have it backwards.

More like you need to be stupid and blind to have a problem with the cops...

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:01 PM

They overdone that aspect, and now you're dead as soon as you exit the car.

It definetly needs tweakings.

So don't get out of the car.. Sounds more like you need the tweaking.

• Gavlaaar likes this

007_eleven
  • 007_eleven

The 80's are never over!

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:03 PM

Chill guys, no need to be calling each other stupid or retaliating over an internet forums just because you have different opinions, it's worse than the arguements between Michael and Trevor! :p
  • N3W Quickness likes this

Rudolf
  • Rudolf

AMF Advisor

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:06 PM

Yes, the cops are a bit overpowered indeed. Saying you've never been killed by the police could be true, if you never screwed around outside the missions or use cheats or escaped them all the time.

But if you do like to screw around and want to engage the police you'll notice how annoyingly accurate they are and how fast they spawn.

Everything has become more realistic but it's a bit over the top.

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:12 PM

The police is relatively realistic. And I think that's the problem here, as the police AI should be easier in order to be "fun". Although the GTA IV Police AI might be retarded, I found it to be more fun. While I do like the "cone view" system in GTA V, the spawning time and getting 1 star for saying something bad to a pedestrian (*wink wink* Hold right arrow in the D-Pad *wink wink*).

1) I'd want the Wanted Down cheat remove all the stars instead of just 1 per 10 button combination. Who wants to remove the stars to a certain point anyway? Like from 4 stars to 2 stars for some reason?

2) No Police-cheat. I'm not a cheater normally, but in my opinion cheats in GTA-games (mainly GTA: SA) are probably the funniest/greatest ones in all of gaming industry, and as I have completed the game I don't have any reason to not to really cheat.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:13 PM Edited by Vooodu, 27 September 2013 - 02:15 PM.

Yes, the cops are a bit overpowered indeed. Saying you've never been killed by the police could be true, if you never screwed around outside the missions or use cheats or escaped them all the time.

But if you do like to screw around and want to engage the police you'll notice how annoyingly accurate they are and how fast they spawn.

I always screw around with the police as Trevor and I Never get killed or caught.     The cops maybe annoyingly accurate but they are also very easy to loose. 

I myself don't do police stand offs because I know I can't win.  I kill only the ones that get in my way as I try to get away.

If you keep kicking the bee hive, you will die.  That's my take...

I mean I even use Free Aim.. So, what evs/

robbo216
  • robbo216

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:26 PM

I love how people are so devoted to defending GTA they'll use anything to back up what most people see as ridiculousness. Do you really think because someone is a trained marksman it means they would be able to shoot someone flying past at a high speed in a helicopter 50 yards above them....with a pistol... every single time! Haha

More on topic, I really don't have an issue with the police, but agree that their response time could be slightly slower than immediate, stealth kills with nobody around should avoid getting wanted levels, and the police shouldn't have a 99% hit rate with their shooting from anywhere within a 1 mile radius of you.

• LeAristocrat likes this

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:31 PM Edited by Vooodu, 27 September 2013 - 02:36 PM.

I love how people are so devoted to defending GTA they'll use anything to back up what most people see as ridiculousness. Do you really think because someone is a trained marksman it means they would be able to shoot someone flying past at a high speed in a helicopter 50 yards above them....with a pistol... every single time! Haha

But, players can do that very easily thanks to AUTO AIM.  Seems to me people don't like an even playing fields.  :D

Its not that bad tho and post like this are highly exaggerated.. They don't land every bullet.  If they did, I would have died to cops a lot of times already. 

Heroesandvillains
  • Heroesandvillains

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:43 PM

The issue isn't necessarily with the police, or necessarily even their spawn times and locations.

This issue is with what infractions cause a one star wanted level.

I'll go out on a limb here and say, simply put, that the stealth mechanics in this game are broken. Though I have successfully used silenced weapons on people during free roam, I have seen times when your character will still get "spotted" in the middle of nowhere with no one other than the victim around. Combine this with the game's police spawning programming (how did they get to the middle of the desert so fast?) and the issue is as clear as day.

Also, pedestrians are a tad touchy to call the police for no reason. In real life, the police would at least hear you out and interview the parties involved. But here, your always immediately the wanted man (yes I realize that given the narrative of the game, our characters are wanted criminals. But every cop everywhere recognizes you? Always?).

Don't get me wrong, The Last of Us aside, this is easily GOTY for me. But reading the OP's take on the complaints, I'm feeling he's a bit out of touch with the crux of people's critiquing.
  • Lisha likes this

NukethewhalesMO
  • NukethewhalesMO

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:38 PM

My main problem is the pedestrians' tendency to call the cops for almost anything. Not to mention that if I kill somebody in a secluded area with nobody else around, i.e. in the middle of the forest, the police are somehow alerted to it.

I'm okay with the police being a force to be reckoned with this time around, I don't think it's a reasonable expectation to get into a shootout with police equipped with a range of vehicles and weaponry and survive; but it's almost like the omniscient guards in TES: IV Oblivion; you do something that barely has any effect on anyone and suddenly half the police force in LS is on you, shooting to kill.

Basically, if they took away or at least seriously nerfed the chance for peds to call the cops or for the cops to somehow be aware of your crimes without there being any witnesses, I'd be okay.

Renaissance0321
  • Renaissance0321

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:17 PM

Vooodu you are a complete f***in idiot. What's your deal? Do you work for Rockstar? I hate when someone makes a valid complaint and some a** bag comes in and says stfu and deal with it.
  • Skober likes this

Skober
  • Skober

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:18 PM

It seems the purpose of the changes from previous GTA games was to make this game more realistic.

IMO, R* missed this by a mile with how police behave...

I can drive around for an hour and only drive by cops pulled over (speed traps), and cops chasing an NPC. But, as soon as I have a wanted level (eg: even one star in the desert away from any road) a cop car unrealistically spawns  in front and or behind me homing in on my position as though I have an IR tag and the spooks are watching me via satellite.

The cone of vision the cops have marked on the map doen't represent actual line-of-sight (cops see trough corners and walls too often).

Driving away and keeping away from cops in pursuit (the map no longer flashes blue/red) will usually prolong the time your wanted -->as soon the previous cars de-spawn, new ones spawn and the invisible timer restarts)).

-- with one star, If I hide in bushes, the search stops in a minute or two. BUT, if I drive untill cops despawn and new ones spawn, I can spend up to 10 min. waiting for the search to stop.

If I bump in to a cop outside the interior of the station in mission row all is fine. But if I touch anyone inside the station (eg: to get a soda, I have to bump who ever is sitting next to it, otherwise the d-pad prompt wont show up)) the cops yell and in 10 seconds I suddenly have 2 stars and they gun me down.

When a crime is committed in reality the police need to be notified and be dispatched to the scene of the crime. But, in GTA V the cops are omniscient and ever-present ((more like agent smith in the matrix)).

IMO, GTA V cops need a complete overhaul. Which could only be done with a massive patch rewriting the A.I.

***Personally I think cops should be tough and shoot like in V but pursue and search like IV -- that would be an inch closer to being realistic

Rjpkool2424
  • Rjpkool2424

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:08 PM

Voodoo has to be a small kid or young teen lmfao. dude is a idiot.

poste pic's of yourself or proof of 5 star cop escapes. thanks.

post skype bro. lets see what u about

Anyway i agree with OP, police are much better than previous titles, but could use just a little tweaking on spawns and probably agressiveness. Depending on amount of stars maybe?

Ren Fujin
  • Ren Fujin

Glamorous

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:11 PM

Biggest issue in my opinion is the fact you could get a wanted level in the middle of nowhere, with no witness around. I still wouldn't mind the police being so aggressive and accurate if this was at least fixed, so we could avoid getting a wanted level by being stealthy. Why not make it so you get wanted only by actually being seen by a police agent, or if a witness was able to call 911 ?

Maybe they could also fix the way police vehicules spawn - I always laugh at how choppers spawn next to my aircraft when I'm so high above the clouds.

Kent_Paul_Jnr
  • Kent_Paul_Jnr

lets bounce

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:04 PM

Biggest issue in my opinion is the fact you could get a wanted level in the middle of nowhere, with no witness around. I still wouldn't mind the police being so aggressive and accurate if this was at least fixed, so we could avoid getting a wanted level by being stealthy. Why not make it so you get wanted only by actually being seen by a police agent, or if a witness was able to call 911 ?

Maybe they could also fix the way police vehicules spawn - I always laugh at how choppers spawn next to my aircraft when I'm so high above the clouds.

stealth and ai needs to be patched -   the 1* wanted in the desert etc is a big let down .. but could be fixed

LzInFaMouSzL
  • LzInFaMouSzL

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:10 PM

You cleary must not do anything but play the missions. The police are overpowered AF. & I've never been BUSTED niether, because the cops are more interested in putting you in the ground than their backseat.

007_eleven
  • 007_eleven

The 80's are never over!

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:33 PM

Reading this it seems people are more concerned about the ease of getting wanted than the process of police actions during a manhunt. Which is fine, it is a huge issue but there are already heaps of threads on that, apart from tweaking police is there any character tweaking you guys feel is necessary? I'd like more health to combat the highly accurate shooting and give more sustained gunfights in GTA:O but maybe that's just me.
  • Skober likes this

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:13 PM

Vooodu you are a complete f***in idiot. What's your deal? Do you work for Rockstar? I hate when someone makes a valid complaint and some a** bag comes in and says stfu and deal with it.

And I hate it when someone complains and thinks its valid instead of dealing with it.   And then starts insulting people who deal with it very easily.

PS... STFU.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:17 PM

You cleary must not do anything but play the missions. The police are overpowered AF. & I've never been BUSTED niether, because the cops are more interested in putting you in the ground than their backseat.

WRONG...  More like you clearly have no clue what I do when playing.    But, I really don't go out of my way to annoy cops. 

No, the police are not over powered.  Not to me anyways. 

Mpower
  • Mpower

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:18 PM

Give us some proof or shut the f*ck up yourself.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:19 PM

Voodoo has to be a small kid or young teen lmfao. dude is a idiot.

poste pic's of yourself or proof of 5 star cop escapes. thanks.

post skype bro. lets see what u about

Anyway i agree with OP, police are much better than previous titles, but could use just a little tweaking on spawns and probably agressiveness. Depending on amount of stars maybe?

IM 33 years old.   And No, I won't post Skype or post anything because I really don't need to prove anything to a forum whiner.

How about you post yourself playing like garbage and getting owned by the cops and il tell you what you are doing wrong.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:20 PM

No and No.... Deal with it kid.  Learn how to play.

Mpower
  • Mpower

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:22 PM

No and No.... Deal with it kid.  Learn how to play.

Calling me kid while using 'deal with it' stupid meme.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users