Photo

Grand Theft Auto V Mysteries and Easter Eggs

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
328 replies to this topic
WrathChildz
  • WrathChildz

Seeker

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:36 PM Edited by WrathChildz, 29 September 2013 - 02:28 PM.

Grand Theft Auto V – Mysteries and Easter Eggs

HI all, here a summary of what we've found in GTA V, started from the "Jetpack hunt" thread.
Huge thanks to AnEvilVet for the summary. I'll put pictures soon. 

First of all, some rules
If you want to show us something, don't tell us with words where it is exactly but show it on a map. (No thumbnail) That will be more easy to find, and tell us the more informations you can.
Don't post to say "You forgot to add this or this, there's no bigfoot, you haven't mentioned that.." please, send me a PM.
Trolls, please, don't f*ck the thread and let us do what we want, if you are here to say "there's no jetpack hurduurr" this is useless and waste of pages.
For the jetpack hunt, if you think about a good theory, try it yourself before posting, even if you're at work, playing with your grandma, can't play because your monkey is dead, nuclear war outside, sh*tstorm.
Keep this topic clear and clean, don't post to say nothing.
Before posting, read all the categories, everything is listed (Tunnels, Space Docker etc..)
PLEASE Don't use the quote button when it's not necessary, or delete all the pictures in that takes a lot of space.

Thanks.
(Sorry for my bad english)
Things we know :

Glyphs
advdTIy.jpg83L6LUz.jpgtnm7Ajp.jpg

At various points in the game world there are Glyphs. These are markings in either red or yellow paint that provide information to the player. The glyphs show under what conditions that UFOs hidden in the map will spawn.
The majority of the markings are on the western side of Mount Chiliad. It is believed that the mural in the cable car station at the summit of Mount Chiliad indicates where these glyphs are to be found.
A glyph has been found in the Grand Senora desert that links a UFO appearance to the Sculpture Park that appears in the south east of the desert.
The Glyphs also appear inside and on the bottom of the hill below the Altruist Camp. In fact, they appear here so prevalently that the Altruists are believed to have painted them.

UFOs
There are four known instances of UFOs appearing within the game.

Underwater
2R2c0U9.jpg
A crashed UFO is underwater of the northern coast of the map, slightly east of the islands on the northern tip. It is believed to be the spaceship that Omega refers to when he says one exploded and scattered spaceship part collectibles around the map.

On Mount Chiliad
P6qRE92.jpg
What is believed to be a hologram of a UFO appears at the top of Mount Chiliad at 3 am on a stormy night when you have completed the game 100% (not true 100%). It is believed to be a hologram as it does not react to bullets or explosions and disappears if you get too close. However, it is unknown from where this hologram is projected. The glyphs on the western side of Mt Chiliad state the conditions for this to appear and further clues including a UFO shaped glyph under the viewing platform at the top and a sign on the far side of the platform stating "Return when your story is complete" also show conditions to make this UFO spawn. It is likely that this is a government made or MIB style UFO as it has FIB (the in game FBI) written on it.

Above the Sculpture Park
UFO-Sandy_Shores-GTAV.png
After completing the game to 100% (not true 100%) a UFO spawns above the Sculpture Park in Grand Senora. This is the same model used for the crashed UFO and the Mount Chiliad UFO (as well as used within some cut scenes within the game) but it is a physical object within the world. It is currently impossible to enter the UFO.

Above Fort Zancudo  
hqdefault.jpg
At 3am, a strange green light forms a shape on top of a bunker within Fort Zancudo. This shape is similar to one found on front of a building in San Andreas. This light is cast by a UFO that looks significantly different to the other models on the map. It is likely that this is a prototype for an advanced stealth plane based upon technology recovered from the crashed UFO (one mission tells you about a submariner who was hired to collect something from the bottom of the sea only to die in a freak 'accident' shortly after). Upon this UFO is written Rearrange and Segregate. If you rearrange the letters in the word segregate it makes Easter Egg. This UFO cannot currently be entered.

Ghost
GhyeyEo.jpg
At 11pm-12pm on Mt Gordo on the eastern side of the map, the ghost of a murdered woman appears floating above the word Jock written in blood. She is the ghost of the ex-wife of Jock Cranley, the Vinewood Stuntman turned Conservative candidate for Governor.

Bigfoot
1bNViJt.png

During a mission called Predator, you have the opportunity to view people in a forest using a thermal camera on a helicopter. Very briefly, the distinct heat signature of Bigfoot appears before disappearing. In a later mission after the main story arc is complete, you get to bump into someone pretending to be Bigfoot, a reference to a mission in the Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare add-on, where you make the Sasquatches extinct.

Infinite 8 killer
VcDd49z.jpg
Around the Gran Senora desert and Sandy Shores are numerous wall writings from someone dubbed the Infinite 8 Killer. It's believed to be a former resident of Sandy Shores called Merle Abrahams who became obsessed with the number 8 and the Ouroboros symbol for infinity. His drawings and writings have led players to believe he has murdered 8 people as part of a ritual and kept the bodies in the area of the islands on the very northern tip of the map.

UPDATE
A sheet of newspaper was found :
"SUSPECTED KILLER MARIE ABRAHAMS DIES IN PRISON"
Marie Abrahams, the suspected infinity killer, passed away last night in Bolingbroke Penitentiary while awaiting trial for abduction and torture Abrahams, 57, was suspected to be responsible for the Infinity Murders, a series of disappearances that happened 5 years ago. Police believed the 8 victims, who were all single young men killed while jogging, were all murdered by the same person and had circumstantial evidence linking Mr. Abrahams for the victims, no bodies were ever found and Abrahams never confessed although he did admit to a weird obsession with the number 8"
Bodies has been found here's the location, also original thread on reddit.

I'll try to find them, I'll post more pictures.
I found 2 bodies out of 8, the location and picture of the bodies will be added immediately after finding the 8 bodies.
If someone wants to help me to find the EXACT SPOT of the bodies, send me a PM. I give credits to everyone that help. 

Learn more HERE

Alien
ewBqkTp.png

At the beginning of the game, you're in a Northern US town of North Yankton escaping from the police. Take a detour offroad and drive along the frozen stream under the bridge. Frozen in the ice of the stream is an alien, similar to those seen later in the main storyline.

Secrets on the Special Edition Map
If you bought the Special Edition of GTA V you got a nifty blueprint map with it. Hold this under a UV light and you will see Trevor Phillips has written some helpful hints. The markings and writings highlight some of the collectible weapons, spaceship parts, letter scraps and submarine parts within the game world as well as showing where some of the military vehicles are kept. Unfortunately, the map does not indicate anything further.

Things we aren't sure :

Mount Chiliad mural
500px-Ii.jpg

In the cable car station at the summit of Mount Chiliad is an odd mural that seems to indicate a series of hidden passages within the mountain that lead to a UFO, a Cracked Egg and a Jetpack.
Notice the Jetpack & UFO are connected together. Why ? We don't know 
 There are a number of squares that contains X's above the symbols for these three items and above the summit is a Glyph that has been seen before referring to a UFO.

The shape of the mural is a reference to the Illuminati pyramid and All Seeing Eye which is found on US currency. The boxes containing Xs mark the locations of a number of the glyphs found on the western side of Mt Chiliad, as mentioned above.

It is unknown what relevance the symbols at the bottom of the mural have as no jetpack or cracked egg has yet been found. It is possible that each symbol refers to one of the three flying UFOs found around the map.

Agents/MIBs
On Mt Gordo slightly north of the quarry there is a cabin next to a radio tower. At certain times of day you will find a civilian in a workman's outfit accompanied by a number of men dressed in suits and shades with a black van nearby.

At certain times of day, you will see at least one civilian in a lab coat accompanied by a number of the same suit wearing civilians around the radio telescope array in the desert area of the map. These are believed to be FIB agents and seem to indicate a darker hidden backstory to the telescope array and towers. No other sightings have been found, but it can be noted that one of the radio telescopes points towards Fort Zancudo.

Underwater Hatch
BQuZCY1.jpg
On the eastern side of the map, underwater is a white structure set into the sea bed. There is a small rectangular window set into the top of this, which lights up when the player draws near. This is believed to be a reference to a structure called The Hatch in the TV show Lost. However, this structure was in the jungle in the TV show and not at the bottom of the sea. The purpose of this structure, if any, is unknown.

Epsilon/Illuminati
As in GTA San Andreas, the Epsilon cult (a spoof of Scientology) exist in the game world. In fact, you can even do missions for them which can result in you gathering ten 'tracts' (religious documents) for them. On the GTA Social Club stats page, there are apparently 15 tracts to collect, not the ten advised of within the game. It is unknown if further tracts do exist or whether or not Rockstar have made a mistake in the stat or have released a hint at further DLC or GTA Online.

The Epsilon Sect and the Illuminati may well be considered one and the same within GTA V. There are numerous references around the game world of structures forming the shape of an eye, referencing the All Seeing Eye of the Illuminati as well as of Pyramids. The Epsilon sect has their symbol on the San Andreas state symbol, much like the Illuminati do on US currency.

It is unknown whether or not the Epsilon/Illuminati have any other impact on the game other than the set missions or adding a general feel to the environment.

The craked egg
0N4PfNz.jpg
At Maze Bank (Pillbox Hill) there is this monument egg-shaped with a crack on it, exactly like the Mt.Chiliad mural also near this egg, there's the FIB tower wich has an Eagle. The epsilon text says this :
"...and they are the tree that was in the lake of knowledge that was in the egg that was near the Eagle..."

Unproven items and fakes

Jetpack photos
 Any photos of characters wearing a jetpack are to be considered fake unless accompanied by a location the jetpack was found, video footage and multiple photographs at different angles, as well as confirmation from other sources.

Tunnel in Mount Chiliad
 There is a tunnel through the mountain the Altruists reside on as you drive towards the Altruists. This contains two doors that say T01 and T02. These doors are standard textures/objects that seem to appear in all tunnels and have no significance. The keypads reported on the doors that spark when shot react the same as any type of electrical equipment in the game.

There are also pictures of what is believed to be another access point within the area of the mountain, what looks like a large storm drain that leads to a T junction. This is inaccessible at the moment and so is not believed to have any relevance as an entry point but just serves as a drainage channel.

SSTV
A video has been doing the rounds of a 'numbers station' and weird noise playing at a certain point in the sea in the north west of the map. When played through a decoder, this has given a picture of a HUD of an Apache gun camera. This has not been further verified by any player and is considered to be fake until proven otherwise.

Waterfall tunnel
In the northern of the two water courses that lead west out of the Alamo Sea there is a waterfall, behind which photos have shown the possibility of a tunnel. This tunnel just can't seem to be accessed at all so is likely a texture glitch unless proved otherwise. NB It may be possible to block this particular waterfall with a log seen near to the top. This has yet to be tried.

Areas of interest
There are many areas of interest within the game world that you may miss completely or simply ignore. Here is a non-definitive list

Fort Zancudo
The two outdoor theatres
The dams and reservoirs
The Quarry
The Telescope Array
Grove Street

FOR THE JETPACK HUNT :
WHAT WE'VE TRIED AND DON'T SEEMS TO WORKS

-Anything related to the space docker (Honk at the door, near the ufo etc etc..)
- Put heavy vehicules over the UFOs
- Overlay of the Mt.Chiliad Mural on the map seems to lead to nothing. This one is the most positive ATM even if we don't have found any jetpack
- Calling the number with the elevator song while in front of the Zucando -1 Elevator don't open the doors
- All tunnels under Mt.Chiliad seems "locked" or too small to fit in.
-Calling Omega during the UFOs sightings or take a picture to send him doesn't work (We can't send picture off mission)

More to come, send me a PM i missed a lot and can't remember.

To the others saying that's all of this is for GTA:O.. Why would they put it in the SP if this it's for MP ?
R* has ever made games with a lot of secrets/references/easter eggs etc.. You should learn more about R*

OTHERS 
-The glowing tree (aka golden tree) is a texture bug.
-The glowing UFO shape on a hillside is a texture glitch.
-The 3 character switch is not useful. If you're with Michael and switch on Franklin, after X minutes, Michael will be "teleported" somewhere else.

=SEE MORE HERE=
(We don't know if it's related to the UFO or the 5 missing tracts)
Epsilon clue ?
(Thanks to Nairbnotsew for this amazing work)

• Duxfever, Forzum, Seriousman and 2 others like this

MaskedMenace Uk
  • MaskedMenace Uk

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:40 PM Edited by MaskedMenace Uk, 27 September 2013 - 12:40 PM.

Again I'm just gonna start by saying your already misleading people. We do not know the infinity 8 killers exists and its not beleived he went to prison. I just proved anevilvets theory on that wrong on his post. There's no poems at the prison, the poem allegedly from the prison is on an island

NijenhuisR
  • NijenhuisR

Trick

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:17 PM

I would rather discuss things here, at least if you change whats not true

nahenahe
  • nahenahe

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:18 PM

I know its in the Unproven/Fakes bit but the 'Earth from the moon' SSTV was from Portal 2 just to illustrate the concept, no-one claimed it was in GTA. Shame about no location for other one, could have been cool

MiraKanon
  • MiraKanon

Peon

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:19 PM

I'm gonna follow this post as well, lets start by mentioning the possibility of a 5th UFO, the location unknown, however we already have hints that they appear where there are murals, under certain conditions.

WrathChildz
  • WrathChildz

Seeker

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:21 PM

I'd like to put locations too but that will takes a LOT of times and will make the post larger than ever. So, i'll maybe put link but not for now.

Thanks nahenahe, edited.

NijenhuisR
  • NijenhuisR

Trick

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:22 PM

I'm gonna follow this post as well, lets start by mentioning the possibility of a 5th UFO, the location unknown, however we already have hints that they appear where there are murals, under certain conditions.

Agreed, just checked the altruist camp again. Nothing there sofar

Cobra N
  • Cobra N

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:00 PM Edited by Cobra N, 27 September 2013 - 02:01 PM.

Hi, still trying to get to 100% to properly help out.  But has anyone tried waiting and following the FIB agents / workers at the Seti site?  I know from driving past they are not there at night, but wether they do anything if watched I've not yet tried.

Personally I think the observatory must be involved somehow, the path to the building and past the spire that casts the eye shadow seems perfectly aligned to the summit of Mt Chilliad.

3 certainly seems to be a key number as well, 3 main characters, 3am time triggers for the UFO events, illuminati triangles (3 points)

Have a few things I'm going to research, but hampered by that none 100% so far so I'll hopefully do more at a later stage.

Keep with it guys, I just love this game and mystery! :D

Da Kno
  • Da Kno

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:01 PM

Epic thread, big credits to creator.

Alliaria
  • Alliaria

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:10 PM

Hi, still trying to get to 100% to properly help out.  But has anyone tried waiting and following the FIB agents / workers at the Seti site?  I know from driving past they are not there at night, but wether they do anything if watched I've not yet tried.

Personally I think the observatory must be involved somehow, the path to the building and past the spire that casts the eye shadow seems perfectly aligned to the summit of Mt Chilliad.

3 certainly seems to be a key number as well, 3 main characters, 3am time triggers for the UFO events, illuminati triangles (3 points)

Have a few things I'm going to research, but hampered by that none 100% so far so I'll hopefully do more at a later stage.

Keep with it guys, I just love this game and mystery! :D

People have been watching and following them on every location they appear on, appareantly they dont drive away they just despawn 

SlothZombies
  • SlothZombies

LOUD NOISES

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:13 PM

http://i.imgur.com/uLTMPKE.jpg

Somebody should really check out this second identical area in the sub.

WrathChildz
  • WrathChildz

Seeker

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:22 PM Edited by WrathChildz, 27 September 2013 - 02:22 PM.

http://i.imgur.com/uLTMPKE.jpg

Somebody should really check out this second identical area in the sub.

Checked, not the same depth, nothing similar between these 2 locations.

EG_Lizard
  • EG_Lizard

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:34 PM

This looks like a zombie

Rated91
  • Rated91

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:35 PM

What's the point of making ANOTHER thread about it, it's gonna get flooded like the other one as well so just stick to 1 topic and not 48.

WrathChildz
  • WrathChildz

Seeker

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:43 PM

EG_Lizard =>  Why do you post this here ? Do you even f*cking read ?

Rated91 => It would not be flooded if guys like you don't comment to say what you say.

SuperDuperGta
  • SuperDuperGta

Homie

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:45 PM

You forgot to include Yellow Glowing Tree

http://gtaforums.com...ree-easter-egg/

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:47 PM

That Bigfoot is not Bigfoot. It's one of the guys you have to kill in that mission, before he's run off and hid in a stream. 

MaskedMenace Uk
  • MaskedMenace Uk

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:49 PM Edited by MaskedMenace Uk, 27 September 2013 - 02:50 PM.

You forgot to include Yellow Glowing Tree
http://gtaforums.com...ree-easter-egg/

You mean deliberately left out the common gold fir tree.

We have had this Convo already

WrathChildz
  • WrathChildz

Seeker

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:50 PM Edited by WrathChildz, 27 September 2013 - 02:50 PM.

This is not the same bigfoot. It's diffrent from the Franklin's Mission.

The golden tree is a texture bug, it doesn't appears to be gold during the day.

MaskedMenace Uk
  • MaskedMenace Uk

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:52 PM

That Bigfoot is not Bigfoot. It's one of the guys you have to kill in that mission, before he's run off and hid in a stream.

Confirmed, bigfoot is a fat kid roleplaying

nahenahe
  • nahenahe

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:56 PM

Anyone else see eyes in the rock?

FMiQe0w.jpg

MaskedMenace Uk
  • MaskedMenace Uk

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:56 PM

This is not the same bigfoot. It's diffrent from the Franklin's Mission.

The golden tree is a texture bug, it doesn't appears to be gold during the day.

Its the same bigfoot just seen on 2 seperate missions, both take place in the same woods

WrathChildz
  • WrathChildz

Seeker

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:07 PM Edited by WrathChildz, 27 September 2013 - 03:08 PM.

Listen, stop bitching about the thread, if you don't like it, GTFO instead of saying sh*t like this, plus read the WHOLE f*ckING TEXT.

" In a later mission after the main story arc is complete, you get to bump into someone pretending to be Bigfoot"

Thanks.

EG_Lizard
  • EG_Lizard

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:29 PM

You need to calm down there boy.

WrathChildz
  • WrathChildz

Seeker

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:32 PM

The goal of this thread is not to say "You forgot to put this, you haven't mentioned that, this is not that", so no i'll not "calm down".

EG_Lizard
  • EG_Lizard

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:35 PM

I'm not saying you forgot something or that you didn't mention it. I was just posting something I thought was interesting. Bad words don't make you tough.

MiraKanon
  • MiraKanon

Peon

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:45 PM

enough arguing about it, and get on topic.

CarLuver69
  • CarLuver69

Strangely Animated

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:59 PM

Add the "Tap Code" to the Underwater Hatch section:

For decoding:

https://dl.dropboxus...code_tboost.mp3
https://dl.dropboxus...boost_slomo.mp3

Lukezordz
  • Lukezordz

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:01 PM Edited by Lukezordz, 27 September 2013 - 04:03 PM.

I would like to quote this, as I find it really f*cking interesting! If someone can confirm this is real or fake, this could be a real breakthrough.

See below:

I've been following several forums and streams about this mystery and working on it myself. The best theroy I've seen is the following map interpretation from burlex; 

Here's a theory: 

pxTG9sV.jpg

1. sunken UFO

2. hatch - egg on the picture displays hatching egg, could be a hint = there's a hatch bellow the water. sounds stupid, but might be something.

3. following this logic, jet pack would be located here

ive been looking at that drawing on mt chiliad in 2d, but if you look at it in three dimensions, this starts to make sense. the orthocenter of the triangle is the place where ufo appears at 3am while it's raining, and the purple stars mark the place where those wierd drawings are. there are only three marked here, but i dont have the game to find the other two, which are needed to match the number of x-s on that drawing on mt. chiliad

wake up los santos

This makes sense by the way both UFO's line up and the egg matches against where the underwater hatch is. This means the jetpack has to be hidden somewhere in the military base. I was watching a twitch user (http://www.twitch.tv/cyberthunder) who just got the -1 elevator to open to a stair case leading underground. He dialed 555013# on the phone to trigger the door. I can't confirm this right now cause I'm stuck at work until 9AM pacific, but if anyone is up and wants to give it a shot we could be on the verge of a MAJOR discovery. Let us know...

tl:dr Dial 555013# at the -1 elevator in Fort Zancudo

EDIT: Also, a side question, I presume when it says in the OP (Not true 100%) That means what is required for 100%, not every single collectable? Right?

WrathChildz
  • WrathChildz

Seeker

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:17 PM Edited by WrathChildz, 27 September 2013 - 04:22 PM.

Lukezordz, i'll check this right now ! I don't know where the number where found but i'll give a try. This is the first time i see this picture and.. Yeah, seems legit. I mean, the Epsilon text is saying that the world (actually GTA V world) was created from the egg with the crack ! For your question, i don't know, i'm at 100%

EDIT : I'm with Michael in front of the -1 elevator, called this number with & without cops.. Nothing happens.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users