Photo

Collect 30 submarine parts

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
50 replies to this topic
SamuelBenjamin
  • SamuelBenjamin

Film & Photography Cinematography & VFX LA

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:21 AM Edited by SamuelBenjamin, 30 September 2013 - 12:09 PM.

Small SPOILERS! for this side-mission (Turn away now if you don't wanna get spoiled)

So i collected all 30 submarine pieces for Abigail and all i got was a signed photo and $10 bucks.

After brutally murdering her for as the way she acted she actually rigged the submarine to sink.

Is that all i get? Or am i missing something? I mean diving is fun and beautiful but it was rather figity and time consuming and sort of boring not to mention i had to swim with the f*cking sharks... or tho i actually ranover like 5 of them.

UPDATE- The user Decon said that the car she uses is a VERY rare car and can only be obtained by doing that mission. Here is a picture of the ride that i took and customized it. 

0_0.jpg

• decon954 likes this

TrevorPhilipsInc
  • TrevorPhilipsInc

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:24 AM

Small SPOILERS! for this side-mission (Turn away now if you don't wanna get spoiled)

So i collected all 30 submarine pieces for Abigail and all i got was a signed photo and $10 bucks.

After brutally murdering her for as the way she acted she actually rigged the submarine to sink.

Is that all i get? Or am i missing something? I mean diving is fun and beautiful but it was rather figity and time consuming and sort of boring not to mention i had to swim with the f*cking sharks... or tho i actually ranover like 5 of them.

Pretty sure it was just an excuse to keep you coming back to the Docks...

Amigo Mane
  • Amigo Mane

YG Amigo

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:27 AM

No achievement or anything? 

Damn. At least it gives me an excuse not to go underwater now anyway.

SamuelBenjamin
  • SamuelBenjamin

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:31 AM

Time to collect some toxic waste!

iTz-JoNeSy
  • iTz-JoNeSy

I'm cool me.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:22 PM Edited by iTz-JoNeSy, 27 September 2013 - 12:23 PM.

I killed her and stomped her for ten minutes. I was disappointed by the 10 dollars. It does count towards the100% though.

SamuelBenjamin
  • SamuelBenjamin

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:39 PM Edited by SamuelBenjamin, 27 September 2013 - 12:39 PM.

I killed her and stomped her for ten minutes. I was disappointed by the 10 dollars. It does count towards the100% though.

Yea i suppose that's the best way of looking at it. I'm going for 90% before Online cause that would make me happy

glunark
  • glunark

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:40 PM

Its a relief that you don't get anything, I slapped her and she ran off, but I fell off the steps chasing her back up and she got away, thought I had missed out on a good payoff.

The nuclear waste is no better, nuclear waste of time more like it.

• ThreattzZ likes this

Amigo Mane
  • Amigo Mane

YG Amigo

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:41 PM

nuclear waste of time more like it.

Come on, really?

That was just plain bad lmao

SamuelBenjamin
  • SamuelBenjamin

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:44 PM

Its a relief that you don't get anything, I slapped her and she ran off, but I fell off the steps chasing her back up and she got away, thought I had missed out on a good payoff.

The nuclear waste is no better, nuclear waste of time more like it.

There is probably a post on this but what are all the collectible?

-Submarine parts

-Spaceship parts

-Toxic waste

-Scrap notes/paper

Any more?

Amigo Mane
  • Amigo Mane

YG Amigo

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:47 PM

I think that's them all, you nailed it.

Oh, apart from the weapon parts

I'm just joking, bet I got ya though? 

SamuelBenjamin
  • SamuelBenjamin

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:48 PM

I think that's them all, you nailed it.

Oh, apart from the weapon parts

I'm just joking, bet I got ya though? 

You did until i read below xD

Amigo Mane
  • Amigo Mane

YG Amigo

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:51 PM

Hahaha sorry that was cruel...

Nah I think that's all the collectibles though, have you found them all?

joshua969
  • joshua969

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:53 PM Edited by joshua969, 27 September 2013 - 12:54 PM.

I finished the submarine parts last night.  After the disappointing reward, I rewarded her with a rocket launch to the face.  I didn't think collecting the sub parts was that bad.  Blasting around in the boat was kind of fun.

I think I'll work on the spaceship parts or letter scraps next.

• SamuelBenjamin likes this

SamuelBenjamin
  • SamuelBenjamin

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:05 PM Edited by SamuelBenjamin, 27 September 2013 - 02:06 PM.

Don't say sorry :p i'm now doing spaceship parts 21/50... almost feel like giving up already

I finished the submarine parts last night.  After the disappointing reward, I rewarded her with a rocket launch to the face.  I didn't think collecting the sub parts was that bad.  Blasting around in the boat was kind of fun.

I think I'll work on the spaceship parts or letter scraps next.

Haha yea i mean the boat and swimming was fun but the swimming was also so figity for me. Dunno why, but i kept swimming just past the collectible my chracter just would not pick it up but it's super interesting seeing the underwater world. Creepy down there with all it's lost structures and planes and it freaked me out to think what happened to these planes how many people lost there lives it would be cool if there where like old journals/scripts that you could find saying what happend to the plane

Draigon
  • Draigon

I felt muscular & compacted like Corned Beef

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:27 PM

I got the $10's off her but considering i found $44K down on the wrecks i saw that as the proper reward.

Pitch~Black
  • Pitch~Black

Peon

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:46 PM

Glad to know I wasn't the only one who just instantly filled her full of lead the moment I got the chance. But, here's a tip for anyone who hasnt done this side mission and the toxic waste gathering in the sub with Franklin yet: if you only have one wait until you have both. If you go out in the sub to spotify waste with Franklin you'll also get the sonar blips from the sub parts you're supposed to find with Michael. And you can find them AND pick them up with Frank. You won't come across all of them this way, but I found roughly half of them while following spotify to the waste with Franklin. Just a little time saver for all you multitaskers. Oh yeah, and make sure your radar map is on or you might miss the blips from the sonar the sub parts make.

LrdMASTRk
  • LrdMASTRk

Can't Wait!

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:58 PM

I stomped her all the way down the hillside until she slide in the ocean. Then kicked her some more.  The best part about the dives was also locating other objects and places to explore later.

• joshua969 likes this

Amigo Mane
  • Amigo Mane

YG Amigo

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:07 PM

Don't say sorry :p i'm now doing spaceship parts 21/50... almost feel like giving up already

Haha it's just a lot of people on here don't have a sense of humor & would see that as spam & flip out lol.

Damn you're really grinding, I'm guessing the spaceship parts are hard to find? 

I've found maybe 3 submarine parts, 1 spaceship part & haven't started toxic waste...

Haven't been trying though, might start now...

Full on hate going underwater though just makes me so tense lol, is it true you can find the sub parts while playing as Franklin in the sub looking for toxic waste? Like do the sub signals show up? Would be a lot easier, also I hope the sub doesn't float away when you get out like the boat does, makes it even worse lmao

SamuelBenjamin
  • SamuelBenjamin

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:48 PM Edited by SamuelBenjamin, 27 September 2013 - 03:48 PM.

Haha it's just a lot of people on here don't have a sense of humor & would see that as spam & flip out lol.

Damn you're really grinding, I'm guessing the spaceship parts are hard to find? 

I've found maybe 3 submarine parts, 1 spaceship part & haven't started toxic waste...

Haven't been trying though, might start now...

Full on hate going underwater though just makes me so tense lol, is it true you can find the sub parts while playing as Franklin in the sub looking for toxic waste? Like do the sub signals show up? Would be a lot easier, also I hope the sub doesn't float away when you get out like the boat does, makes it even worse lmao

You can get toxic waste and the sub parts at the same time, toxic waste uses that trackify app and sub parts just are like them little blips that you see and hear.

And i just got my 50/50 spaceship parts Haha

joshua969
  • joshua969

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:59 PM

Do we have to use the submarine for nuclear waste or can we use the boat like we did for the sub parts ?  That submarine is sooo slow.  I

bloodblossom
  • bloodblossom

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:05 PM Edited by bloodblossom, 27 September 2013 - 04:08 PM.

you must use submarine for nuclear waste (it is NUCLEAR)... but you ge paid 23k for every single one you find... so its better than the submarine parts where you get paid a big fat NOTHING... well ok you get 10$ but thats it.. you could also wait till she got to he car and steal it for a special car. but thats it.

the car is nothing special but i heard it was hard to find after you beat the game. in order to get it you had to wait for her to get to the car.. kill her.. and then steal it.. after you killed her the car doors would unlock and you could steal it.. again though it was nothing special unless you really just wanted the car.

do you get a reward for the spaceship parts? or it is another big fat waste of time.. cus if it is i wont even bother.

• joshua969 likes this

SamuelBenjamin
  • SamuelBenjamin

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:18 PM Edited by SamuelBenjamin, 27 September 2013 - 04:19 PM.

you must use submarine for nuclear waste (it is NUCLEAR)... but you ge paid 23k for every single one you find... so its better than the submarine parts where you get paid a big fat NOTHING... well ok you get 10$ but thats it.. you could also wait till she got to he car and steal it for a special car. but thats it.

the car is nothing special but i heard it was hard to find after you beat the game. in order to get it you had to wait for her to get to the car.. kill her.. and then steal it.. after you killed her the car doors would unlock and you could steal it.. again though it was nothing special unless you really just wanted the car.

do you get a reward for the spaceship parts? or it is another big fat waste of time.. cus if it is i wont even bother.

Spoiler

Kredbull
  • Kredbull

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:19 PM

At first I didn't think she could die. I king hit her from behind then let her run, shot her 5 times with a grenade launcher eat time she just got knocked over (Guess I was missing). Shot her with the sniper rilfe (Guess I missed) she still didn't die. Then I took a baseball bat and smashed her with it like 50 times.

I think it's just a way the game makes it more interesting and gets you really thinking about it.

Getting paid for everything gets boring and is so done. I like the fact people rip you off and you don't always come out with what you are expecting. It makes the game more interesting. Well for me anyway. I laughed pretty hard after my initital rage wore off.

SamuelBenjamin
  • SamuelBenjamin

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:22 PM

Do we have to use the submarine for nuclear waste or can we use the boat like we did for the sub parts ?  That submarine is sooo slow.  I

From what i know i actually picked the waste up with just my character once so i don't think you do BUT you do go VERY deep so you may need it. Also sharks won't bother you

SamuelBenjamin
  • SamuelBenjamin

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:24 PM Edited by SamuelBenjamin, 27 September 2013 - 04:24 PM.

At first I didn't think she could die. I king hit her from behind then let her run, shot her 5 times with a grenade launcher eat time she just got knocked over (Guess I was missing). Shot her with the sniper rilfe (Guess I missed) she still didn't die. Then I took a baseball bat and smashed her with it like 50 times.

I think it's just a way the game makes it more interesting and gets you really thinking about it.

Getting paid for everything gets boring and is so done. I like the fact people rip you off and you don't always come out with what you are expecting. It makes the game more interesting. Well for me anyway. I laughed pretty hard after my initital rage wore off.

Love the way you say "Then i took a baseball bat and smashed her across the head with it like 50 times" Made me laugh

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:47 PM

According to a post I read somewhere (probably GTA Wikia), there are some sorts of treasures near the submarine parts that are the actual "reward" for finding the parts. I'm not sure that was it submarine parts though, could have been some other collectable too.

Kredbull
  • Kredbull

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:56 PM

According to a post I read somewhere (probably GTA Wikia), there are some sorts of treasures near the submarine parts that are the actual "reward" for finding the parts. I'm not sure that was it submarine parts though, could have been some other collectable too.

I did notice breif cases of cash or guns around the peices, so you are prob right.

bloodblossom
  • bloodblossom

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:58 PM

there is only money near one of the sub parts... for like 23k i think not sure... been awhile since i found it.. but there was nothing that i saw near any of the other parts.. so 23k or so for like an hour of driving around.. not really worth it.

laschnei
  • laschnei

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:21 AM

I got on this thread because one of the pieces was stuck under coral and couldnt reach it for the life of me.

Swam back to the boat than went back down and the coral was gone and the piece was retrieval.

jamesNL
  • jamesNL

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:45 AM

Hi Guys,

I got all the parts but Abigail just wont apear at the docks so i cant get the 2e mission.
Is there anyone with the same problem?
This way i can't get to the 100%

greets

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users