Photo

The Infinite 8 mystery

404 replies to this topic
AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:00 AM

Someone just posted this: (Mt.Chiliad having 8's and notes painted on it - and achievements also having the infinity sign on them):
http://gtaforums.com...heivement-logo/

Have all 8 bodies been found (and confirmed) yet?

Personally, I have found 8. Unless I've counted some twice haha

spNercaspanova
  • spNercaspanova

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:03 AM

I know this may just be added for humor sake but on one of thrle Talk radio channels the host was taking calls and a man called in saying something like "i like to watch people die" in serial killer tone before the host hangs up and says "....ooookayyy." And changes the subject. Thought maybe there was a connection atleast to the abandoned truck.

marcelvaneijk
  • marcelvaneijk

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:14 AM

where water meets land and fire spew forth?

i would think of the lighthouse ,

in other languages lighthouses are referred to as firetowers.

and is there any particular reason

why the sharks are swarming around one coast?

except that it's more natural

it's probably more dangerous on that coast for a reason.

Merle abrahams is also referring to dinosaurs,

i first thought people were crazy talking about dinoś in GTA

but i found an emblem of loch ness/plesiosaurus in the emblem editor, rockstar is originally a scottisch gamecompany.

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:11 AM

where water meets land and fire spew forth?

i would think of the lighthouse ,

in other languages lighthouses are referred to as firetowers.

and is there any particular reason

why the sharks are swarming around one coast?

except that it's more natural

it's probably more dangerous on that coast for a reason.

Merle abrahams is also referring to dinosaurs,

i first thought people were crazy talking about dinoś in GTA

but i found an emblem of loch ness/plesiosaurus in the emblem editor, rockstar is originally a scottisch gamecompany.

Water meets land and fire spewed forth - It referes to the volcanic coast line at the northern tip. It has a map of these islands that accompanies it.

The sharks swim around the whole map. I had one stalk me on the western coast for a while.

Merle Abrahams NEVER referred to dinosaurs. The writings you refer to are done by a member of the Epsilon cult, which is why it refers to the fruit tree being a lie.

Cola82
  • Cola82

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:23 PM

There's more than one mine, so I doubt they are in and of themselves references to RDR. 

Punkcherri
  • Punkcherri

The Realest

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:35 AM

Can someone post a pic of the house's location on the map so I can find it?

cjspeed
  • cjspeed

Dead and Divine

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:16 PM

Can someone post a pic of the house's location on the map so I can find it?

Watch this - - 35 seconds in it shows you the location. There's also a burned down shack at the end of the road that has Ammunation on it. At the western most crossroads.

IH8YH
  • IH8YH

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:25 PM

found a sixth body underwater today.

see picture in twitter link for location

https://twitter.com/...0695296/photo/1

if this has already been discovered then big up guys!! if not then yay lol.

i dove around for quiet a while near the islands as all six bodies where close to the islands (thrown in from land probably) but couldnt find a seventh one. there are some islands very close to the deep deep gorge in the northwest, so it might be the final victim slipped down that gorge and is deep deep on the bottom of the ocean, havent checked that yet....

cjspeed
  • cjspeed

Dead and Divine

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:02 PM

Nice find. I'm assuming there is 7 at least, and he's the 8th. Or there are more than 8, maybe not all here.

Also, just to let everybody know. I just went over to the Vinewood Cemetery, and there's no headstone with his name on. I was wondering if maybe one of the lines was a reference to his burial, but i guess that doesn't make much sense as he couldn't leave clues if he was dead :p

IH8YH
  • IH8YH

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:24 PM

Nice find. I'm assuming there is 7 at least, and he's the 8th. Or there are more than 8, maybe not all here.

Also, just to let everybody know. I just went over to the Vinewood Cemetery, and there's no headstone with his name on. I was wondering if maybe one of the lines was a reference to his burial, but i guess that doesn't make much sense as he couldn't leave clues if he was dead :p

well there is that other ghost on the hill above the lighthouse too sooooooo, you'll never know with these whacky folks at Rockstar haha

IH8YH
  • IH8YH

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:42 PM

Someone just posted this: (Mt.Chiliad having 8's and notes painted on it - and achievements also having the infinity sign on them):
http://gtaforums.com...heivement-logo/

Have all 8 bodies been found (and confirmed) yet?

Personally, I have found 8. Unless I've counted some twice haha

if you found one why didnt you marked it on your ingame map?! that way you could have easily tracked if you had doubles....

i personally discovered a sitxh one today (as i posted earlier) that was not marked on any map or video i could find and then i dove around all throughout the area for at least 2 hours. so sorry i but i highly doubt that you found 8 unique corpses ;)

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:11 PM

if you found one why didnt you marked it on your ingame map?! that way you could have easily tracked if you had doubles....

i personally discovered a sitxh one today (as i posted earlier) that was not marked on any map or video i could find and then i dove around all throughout the area for at least 2 hours. so sorry i but i highly doubt that you found 8 unique corpses ;)

Well I hadn't even realised you could do Points Of Interest until after I'd found them. I may redo it and mark them out.  Some YouTubers have made videos where they've found 7 or 8 so they've all definitely been found.

• IH8YH likes this

Deba515
  • Deba515

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:49 PM

Chop is a sh*t add on to try and get u to download there iPhone app, he has barely any real use in the game, and can't even get in vehicles so enough said

I agree Chop is useless it was cool just to see if once but after that I got bored, but Chop is able to get into vehicles.

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:08 PM

Post 1 updated with a map of all 8 bodies. Thanks Tadd!

Please note though that the bodies are physical objects so may not be in those exact locations, but will be in and around them.
  • IH8YH likes this

tjor24
  • tjor24

Homie

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:37 PM

Is this a side mission or just an Easter egg? Is there some kind of reward or purpose? Sounds interesting. I honestly didn't read it all so apologies if that's already been answered. I thought this thread was sonething else.

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:33 PM

Is this a side mission or just an Easter egg? Is there some kind of reward or purpose? Sounds interesting. I honestly didn't read it all so apologies if that's already been answered. I thought this thread was sonething else.

Just an Easter Egg. The reward is really just tracking it all down.

beinghuman4u
  • beinghuman4u

Snitch

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:10 PM

No fking idea, how u ppl can go that deep

marcelvaneijk
  • marcelvaneijk

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:33 PM

so the bodys on the island are the last thing we know about these killings?

w0nnyt0nny
  • w0nnyt0nny

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:35 PM

Well I found this on the wikia if it would interest anyone

http://gta.wikia.com/Merle_Abrahams

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:51 AM

so the bodys on the island are the last thing we know about these killings?

Other than the news article in the last section of the original post, yes.

williamp556
  • williamp556

Grandmaster

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:14 AM

Infinite 8

There's a guy called Merle Abrahams who lived in Sandy Shores. He went a bit doolally and started seeing the number 8 everywhere he went and thought it was a message to sacrifice/murder 8 people, the Infinite 8.

He drew suspicion from his neighbours and was driven out of his home when it was set on fire. The burntout shell of his home remains and there are a few photos below.
0_0.jpg
A neighbour wrote this on Merle's house in an effort to shame him and send him away.

0_0.jpg
There will be 8.

This is evidence of the start of Merle's descent into madness. He states that there will be 8 bodies/deaths to fulfill his ritual. Notice a few other things here? There is a 5-bar gate at the left hand side near the bottom. A common means of counting. Possibly at this point he had only killed 5 of the 8 he needed/wanted.

Above the writing is a drawn image of what looks like Mt Chiliad. It isn't though. It actually points to where the bodies are being laid to rest, the very northern tip of the gamemap.

0_0.jpg

In the back room of Merle's house is this message. 8 is just infinity stood up. This is the first link between the number 8 and the Ouroboros, the snake that eats itself, the symbol for infinity. What relevance this has is still to be found but it is likely an escalation of the madness of Merle.

After Merle's house was burnt down he fled and possibly lived in the desert or a building on the northern shore of the Alamo Sea (evidence has yet to be found of where he lived).  

He continued his killings and eventually reached the total of 8. He bragged about this number by writing on a rock in the desert.

0_0.jpg
One is done
Two was fun
Three tried to run
Four called Mom
Fives not alive
Six is nix
Sevens in Heaven
8 won't wait

This macabre poem describes the deaths of his victims. Note that Merle won't write the word eight, he uses the symbol 8. This symbol obviously has great significance for him.
 He also states that 8 won't wait, because of the infinitely looping nature of the character.

After the completion of his ritual he is pursued and eventually caught by the police and sent to prison. Before he is sent he manages to write another piece out in the desert.

0_0.jpg
They want me they can have
But they'll never get my people
Even though I shall leave them sign enough
Where they put me

A chilling message to whoever has followed the clues. Merle knows he is being pursued by the police and will soon be caught. He knows he will go to prison but states he will never give up the location of his victims in a way that can be understood by the police.

Next to this piece of writing is the following addition -

0_0.jpg

8 won't

Well we know from his first poem that 8 won't wait. What does this mean? Has 8 stopped waiting now he has completed his ritual?

Merle is sent to prison, but what about a further confession?  On the walls in the recreation yard in the prison near cellblock 9A, the writings below can be seen.

mh6r90.png
Where water meets land and fire once spewed forth
There the Infinite 8 shall stay
Until I return

Accompanying this is a more detailed map showing the northern tip of the game map and the islands to the north of it. It is obvious that Merle hid the bodies at this location and is keeping them here until he is let out, so he can complete his ritual. The surface of the islands have been extensively searched and nothing has been found, no evidence of fire having spewed out from anywhere, no further writings or symbols relating to the number 8.

cSTBtUoh.jpg
Diving under the water around the islands reveals a number of bodies (all 8 are shown below, thanks to Tadden for the picture), bound in wrappings and laid to rest at the bottom of the ocean. The Infinity Killer had reached his sadistic goal.

2quk8yq.jpg

And what became of Merle?  Well a newspaper clipping has been found in Sandy Shores that tells us.

VcDd49z.jpg
Just looking at the date on the newspaper (December 2004) and the date of the disappearances we can see that these events occurred quite some years ago, too,late for us to achieve an answer as to why these killings occurred and why the number 8 held so much significance for him. 

One last theory relates to a song especially made for the GTA V soundtrack, a song called 9 Is God by Wavves. Is Merle now that god?

Thanks to all the wonderful contributors in this thread who have banded together to make this compelling story come to life piece by piece!

NB Hi Reddit! Love Charlie_Marrow x

Also if I've used a photo of yours please PM me your name so I can credit you!

If you want to use this information in a YouTube video or article please link to this thread and please don't say it was all your work, especially if you use pictures directly from the thread (I'm talking to you Kodi Brown :))

Ok so, Here is my opinion on this infinate 8 murders, I beleave that it is linked to the body bags from gta sanandeas

(Remember these?)

294248_163889373697719_50815394_n.jpg

Ok i counted 6 body bags i beleave that they where killed by merle and he just finished killing 6 out of 8 people and was originaly going to bury them thare and The killer(Merle) somehow found out CJ seen the bodys and after he finished killing the last one he took the bodys and and put them in the ocean where the bodys in gta V could be found.

MPXShad
  • MPXShad

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:04 AM Edited by MPXShad, 11 October 2013 - 02:06 AM.

Ive got a post up showing all 8 bodys and some other stuff, but to make sure, here is the vid oh and if you look at the cartoon while its raining you will see the Cloud symbol in the junk yard, also there is a junk yard in game along the path of the Killer notes  :beerhat:

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:22 AM

Ive got a post up showing all 8 bodys and some other stuff, but to make sure, here is the vid oh and if you look at the cartoon while its raining you will see the Cloud symbol in the junk yard, also there is a junk yard in game along the path of the Killer notes  :beerhat:

Nice video although I think that the link between this mystery and the cartoon is somewhat tenuous.

Would you place a link to the original post on your video please so we can bring more people to the forums?  Thanks.

ClaireFarron89
  • ClaireFarron89

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:27 PM Edited by ClaireFarron89, 11 October 2013 - 04:33 PM.

Everybody here says, that they found the 8 bodies. What I am wondering about now is one thing: Under the first message 'There will be 8' is the 5-bar-gate. The conclusion is, that at the time he wrote it, he already killed 5 people. Under the second message '8 is just infinity stood up' there are two of these 5-bar-gates. According to this logic, he must have killed already 10 people at this time. So shouldn't there be 10 bodies to be found!?

I know, that the number 8 is the highest psychological premise for the killer, but maybe the sentence with '8 is just infinity stood up' is for him to justify the 2 more murders?!

Bromah Dovah
  • Bromah Dovah

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:07 PM

I'm wondering something : atm we know there are some easter eggs where weather, time and stuff come in,

so what if, cause the killer was crazy about the number 8, at 8PM or AM or whatever something happen at a certain place? Like the prison where he died in, or around the dead bodies ?

Anyone ever tried this?

• MPXShad likes this

MPXShad
  • MPXShad

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:11 AM

I'm wondering something : atm we know there are some easter eggs where weather, time and stuff come in,

so what if, cause the killer was crazy about the number 8, at 8PM or AM or whatever something happen at a certain place? Like the prison where he died in, or around the dead bodies ?

Anyone ever tried this?

Yea that is my thinking on it is there is a trigger event somewhere. A clue of this is in the loneliest Robot movie in game (which is connected to the 8 killings) at the end the robot runs through a Junk yard while its raining and in the background u can find a Cloud symbol just like the others. This could mean be at the Junk yard ( that is in the Killers message path near Sandy Sores) while raining at some time.

http://gtaforums.com...y/?p=1063696479

Kayli
  • Kayli

Love Bites

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:36 PM

Scary stuff lol

Krulz
  • Krulz

Abnormal

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:51 AM

Found one more 8 painting, or at least I don't see it here in the forums, I don't think it will make any difference, but just in case.

LSu8Kvh.jpg

UcX2Kbl.jpg

Infinite8
  • Infinite8

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:52 PM

I looked up 8 in the game and it said it could not find the page but it didn't show the normal milk bottle but a picture of a pixelated woman

Infinite8
  • Infinite8

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:11 PM

Just looking at the date on the newspaper (December 2004) and the date of the disappearances we can see that these events occurred quite some years ago, too,late for us to achieve an answer as to why these killings occurred and why the number 8 held so much significance for him. 

I looked up December 8 2004 and the result was that 4 people were shot and killed at a concert

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users