The Infinite 8 mystery

412 replies to this topic
4wesomeChef
  • 4wesomeChef

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:41 AM

I have a theory.

Yunno how when doing Michael's epsilon missions it measures how long you've jogged in the desert specifically? Looking at the newspaper cutting, he attacked young males jogging. The only young guy is Franklin, so maybe if we jogged around the area for a certain amount of time, the ghost of Merle Abrahams will appear. Far fetched, sure, but so is 3 alien spaceships floating in the air. I think to trigger this we may have to have located all the bodies first and made contact with them somehow.

xCossie-
  • xCossie-

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:48 AM

Nice work guys!

4wesomeChef
  • 4wesomeChef

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:53 PM

Hey screw you guys finding all the bodies. I've found one, the top one. Even with those pointers on the map I haven't found the ones near it. Is it possible that the bodies appear in a certain order?

a595711452
  • a595711452

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:10 PM

It's just a easter egg in GTA SA.Like the ufo,bigfoot,ghost.Do anybody remember the body bags in GTA SA?That's why the infinite 8 in GTA V.

samwilzrhcp
  • samwilzrhcp

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:00 PM

Gutted this mystery has been solved so early, or has it??

Anyway, this mystery is by far the best in the game for me, but hey i am a serial killer buff.

Krovoch
  • Krovoch

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:07 PM Edited by Krovoch, 29 September 2013 - 06:10 PM.

Hey screw you guys finding all the bodies. I've found one, the top one. Even with those pointers on the map I haven't found the ones near it. Is it possible that the bodies appear in a certain order?

Search during the day. During the night it's pretty hard to see them. I went back to double check on everything and one was missing, but it wasn't actually missing, I just couldn't see the damn thing. My marker locations should be right ontop of the bodies. There is no order.

also they are not static. You can move them.. Other things may move them too. One has been moved under one of the reef things, so.. Idk. Look in those general areas, really hard.

4wesomeChef
  • 4wesomeChef

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:17 PM Edited by 4wesomeChef, 29 September 2013 - 06:29 PM.

Search during the day. During the night it's pretty hard to see them. I went back to double check on everything and one was missing, but it wasn't actually missing, I just couldn't see the damn thing. My marker locations should be right ontop of the bodies. There is no order.

also they are not static. You can move them.. Other things may move them too. One has been moved under one of the reef things, so.. Idk. Look in those general areas, really hard.
Ok I searched for the one left of the middle island and it was not there. Went to the one on the right and found it, came back and right where I was looking last time the body was there.

Edit: same with the bottom left one. Wasn't there. Went up top and found that, came back and it's there.

2 possibilities. 1, they are in an order. 2, it's like when you lose your keys but after looking all around the house they end up being right where you looked the first time.

Krovoch
  • Krovoch

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:40 PM

I'm thinking it's number 2, cause I ran across them randomly. The first one was on the left side of the island where I have two marked, then the second one I found was just past that, where the second one is marked. The third was the one straight out ahead, and the fourth was the one to the far right, the last was the one on the left. I don't think they are in order, they sometimes move around, or something bumps them. Maybe the waves are dynamic and push them around.

I just revisited them all and they moved at leat a foot from where I had the marker placed. I'm still looking for the possible other 3.

Skellyhell
  • Skellyhell

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:02 PM Edited by Skellyhell, 29 September 2013 - 07:03 PM.

It's just a easter egg in GTA SA.Like the ufo,bigfoot,ghost.Do anybody remember the body bags in GTA SA?That's why the infinite 8 in GTA V.

UFO (scripted flying dot) CJ's mothers ghost and bigfoot were all rumours in GTA:SA
as was a killer that lived in the mountains.
they were all made up and blown out of proportion by the community.

GTA5 makes a homage to them by making them actually be in the game
the 3 flying UFOs compliment the scripted flying dot
the mountain ghost covers CJ's mothers ghost
i think bigfoot shows up in the wilderness when you have a thermal scope on one mission (not 100% sure though)
and now the infinate 8 killer is a tribute to the mountain killer in san andreas.

There were 6 body bags in the desert too

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:08 PM

UFO (scripted flying dot) CJ's mothers ghost and bigfoot were all rumours in GTA:SA
i think bigfoot shows up in the wilderness when you have a thermal scope on one mission (not 100% sure though)
and now the infinate 8 killer is a tribute to the mountain killer in san andreas.

This is one of the best summaries I've seen. I wish everyone else understood this.

Bigwig416
  • Bigwig416

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:09 PM

SOMEBODY go on the website that is for looking up family heritage, and look up merle abrahams 57 , i tried earlier but didn't know his age, so i guessed it and found nothing interesting, but being that this gives you his age, this may hold some clues? to find the website just search 'dead' on the webz.

post results, thank me later

Results say
"oh it's not good. We recommend you don't read these results"

SCARE-KRO
  • SCARE-KRO

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:08 PM

Some people are reporting that you can find a dead naked woman in the tray of a ute in the Grand Senora Desert. Also I have been abducted by some dude who left me in my underwear on the railway tracks (was a random event). I think that perhaps Merle was not the Infinty 8 killer or he had an accomplice - possibly the guy who wrote on the back of his house. l also found a mine shaft entry in the side of a hill just south of Trevors airfield - near where you get abducted - which has a door that you clip through and can shoot and throw grenades through - kind of like it might open at some stage.

One last thing - has anyone tried ringing 911 while floating near the bodies that the killer threw in the ocean. It seems as though he really didnt want anyone to find the bodies (second message he wrote).

TrevorsMom
  • TrevorsMom

Wee wee pipe

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:28 PM

I called 911 whilst in the area and the police came swooping in with diving teams and took the bodies. Gonna check weazel news now.

SCARE-KRO
  • SCARE-KRO

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:07 PM Edited by SCARE-KRO, 29 September 2013 - 10:16 PM.

You think I'm joking....?

Dead naked woman:
http://gtaforums.com...ith-nude-woman/

Mineshaft:
http://socialclub.ro...Jl0OPUd6C0Iosbg

Abduction random event:

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:15 PM Edited by AnEvilVet, 29 September 2013 - 10:16 PM.

You think I'm joking....?
Dead naked woman:
http://gtaforums.com...ith-nude-woman/

Mineshaft:
http://socialclub.ro...Jl0OPUd6C0Iosbg

Great find! I wonder if a copycat killer has started? The original killings were male joggers so it doesn't fit the exact MO and I don't think Merle was framed.

I also think the mineshaft is a nod to Red Dead Redemption but I'd be happy to be wrong.

Also, your iFruit won't work in water.

SCARE-KRO
  • SCARE-KRO

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:43 PM

It works on the surface... I'm gonna try it now.

4wesomeChef
  • 4wesomeChef

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:43 PM Edited by 4wesomeChef, 30 September 2013 - 12:22 AM.

That girl is a) too fresh for merle and b) too female. He digs the boys.

Have we found 7 bodies? I can only find the five at the moment. I say "find", I mean "followed map provided by someone else". I know it seems likely finding the bodies is the resolution to all this but... I hope it's not. I wanna find the last body at night, come out of the water and standing on the ridge is the dark, tortured spirit of Merle Abrahams staring a hole through me. Then suddenly he's right in front of me and he says "number 8, I knew you'd come" and then blackness. And then you can never use franklin again. Ok maybe not that drastic but something.

And are these the running shoes of one of his victims hanging in his shack?

2efm6f5.jpg
  • AnEvilVet likes this

SCARE-KRO
  • SCARE-KRO

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:56 AM

I know the chick is too fresh but I really think that there might be another killer out there - who is the guy who abducts you in that area? Who killed that chick? It is too much of a coincidence that this all occurs in the Senora park area... Has anyone found all 8 bodies yet?

Also - I just did the strangers\freaks mission for Trevor in that area (with the park rangers looking for illegals) and in the intro scene they are examining an abandoned black combi van which is the same van that the guy who abducted you had...

ParanoiaX
  • ParanoiaX

Mad Paro

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:15 AM

Great to see this thread coming up with lots of answers and revelations. the dead body in the trunk is very strange, if its not connected to the infinite 8 killer then what is it a reference to? 

MajorVienna
  • MajorVienna

Homie

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:45 PM Edited by MajorVienna, 30 September 2013 - 12:50 PM.

Good mystery thing, I wish there was more of this.

NXKS
  • NXKS

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:55 PM

From Reddit:

10 years ago, just about.

GTA Online takes place about 10 years ago.

Coincidence? I THINK NOT.

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:34 PM

As I mentioned on Reddit though, I believe GTAO is set about 3 months before the main story in GTA V?

Plato82
  • Plato82

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:12 PM Edited by Plato82, 30 September 2013 - 05:14 PM.

another riddels states ends with words:
There the Infinite 8 shall stay
Until I return

Suggesting perhaps he will return somehow (or perhaps he's not dead and shows himself after you solved the murders and/or find his whereabouts)

beatthedevil56
  • beatthedevil56

Your Personal Jesus

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:32 PM

Some people are reporting that you can find a dead naked woman in the tray of a ute in the Grand Senora Desert. Also I have been abducted by some dude who left me in my underwear on the railway tracks (was a random event).

It happen to me too. Supposedly the guy rapes you. Hence why you wake up in your underwear. I tried finding him again on no such luck. He is located by the Sandy Shores Hangers.  

In another playthrough. I managed to kill him with Trevor by using his Special Ability. If you are looking for him. You will see a VW van parked.  

beatthedevil56
  • beatthedevil56

Your Personal Jesus

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:32 PM

Some people are reporting that you can find a dead naked woman in the tray of a ute in the Grand Senora Desert. Also I have been abducted by some dude who left me in my underwear on the railway tracks (was a random event).

It happen to me too. Supposedly the guy rapes you. Hence why you wake up in your underwear. I tried finding him again on no such luck. He is located by the Sandy Shores Hangers.  

In another playthrough. I managed to kill him with Trevor by using his Special Ability. If you are looking for him. You will see a VW van parked.  

l3oulton
  • l3oulton

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:35 PM

This is one of the best summaries I've seen. I wish everyone else understood this.

Okay, but what's up with the mural on mount chilliad? None of these answers explain it

GamerToons
  • GamerToons

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:38 PM

I wanted to say.. Good job.

I want to mention something

"Even though I shall leave them sign enough
Where they put me"

He did leave them enough signs where they put him. In prison where he was put, he told the biggest clue on where to find the 8.

Just something to add.

SCARE-KRO
  • SCARE-KRO

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:32 PM

Someone just posted this: (Mt.Chiliad having 8's and notes painted on it - and achievements also having the infinity sign on them):
http://gtaforums.com...heivement-logo/

Have all 8 bodies been found (and confirmed) yet?

Bambeno
  • Bambeno

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:11 PM

Chop is a sh*t add on to try and get u to download there iPhone app, he has barely any real use in the game, and can't even get in vehicles so enough said

Actually he can get in to vehicles. Also he helps you find collectibles. If you used him maybe you would know these things. Quit being a c*nt

4wesomeChef
  • 4wesomeChef

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:19 PM

Someone just posted this: (Mt.Chiliad having 8's and notes painted on it - and achievements also having the infinity sign on them):
http://gtaforums.com...heivement-logo/

Have all 8 bodies been found (and confirmed) yet?

I've only seen 5.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users