The Infinite 8 mystery

404 replies to this topic
Midnightz
  • Midnightz

Populus vult decipi.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2014 - 04:50 AM

Merle is presumably dead as per that newspaper clipping. I think that tazer dude is some other whacko.

Ameri_star
  • Ameri_star

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2014 - 04:52 AM Edited by Ameri_star, 19 May 2014 - 04:53 AM.

There are signs leading to the idea that Merlewas obsessed with the killer but not actually the guy. That's what I meant. I wasn't too clear sorry.

Erick132
  • Erick132

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:01 AM

Nowhere ever does it even suggest these are murder victims. Where the 8 rests is where the UFO is in the sea at palletto bay. No proof of any murders or bodies buried there so stop with the misleading

Actually, you can find the bodies in the very top of the map, where all the pockets of land are. It's EXTREMELY hard to find, but if you keep looking, you'll find body bags underwater. I warn you though, they are very tough to find. Go on YouTube. I'm sure there are people that have done this too.

Midnightz
  • Midnightz

Populus vult decipi.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2014 - 01:51 PM

Yeah, there's 8 bodies bound and wrapped in plastic in that area.

As for Merle, haven't seen anything in the game to suggest he wasn't the killer. Such as?

Ameri_star
  • Ameri_star

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:59 AM

I didn't look through the 13 pages of posts that are already on here so this might have been theorized already but...

What if Merle was a scape-goat for the Infinity Killer? (further mentioned as "IK").

The two parts of the mystery I have been studying to come to this idea are: "8 won't wait" and "8 is just infinity stood up"

8 would be Merle, who wouldn't wait for the IK to finish his/her murders, and so IK decided to let him get captured.

The second inscription would relate to the last part of the number poem again. Being "stood up" could be the same as IK thinking Merle wasn't waiting for him to finish his job.

Obvious problems: There were 8 young men who went missing in 1999. Eight bodies have been found on the north shore. The graffiti thought to be left by Merle in the prison knows far too much information about where the bodies were hidden. There was evidence connecting Merle to the victims in his house.

But all in all, the Infinity Killer could still be out there! DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNN!!!!

This is the theory I was referring to. A theory is just a theory though. You're probably right that they're unrelated, but I really wish there was a way to view the 3d model of whichever person steps out behind you to zap you near the van. Maybe when/if the PC version comes out?

Midnightz
  • Midnightz

Populus vult decipi.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2014 - 02:19 AM

Ahh. Yeah, when PC version comes out. I read a post that said you can prevent Trevor from being tazed by him if you enable his special ability on approach of the random event. The poster said he could be chased off. Maybe see him then?

ethanrayment
  • ethanrayment

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:21 PM

I'm pretty sure that The Infinite 8 killer was an alien,at merles old house at the front there is a small symbol that looks like a mountin, the same mountin that can be seen at the cable cart station which is heavily linked with aliens and also looks abit like chilliad. when the killer was on the run he left several messeges around mount chilliad on of which sais " they want me they can have me, But they can never take my people" if your referin somebody as 'my people' ur obviously in a different group as the people (fib) who are chasing u http://imgur.com/tRf...eeSKx,ysJMwzP#0

Im new around here so what i just said is probably a load of bullsh*t or has been found before but hey ho

Eloader
  • Eloader

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:49 AM

The mountain drawing is most likely the same as the one in the prison which shows in plan the spur at the northern end of the island.

TBH, I've been searching high and low with this for months to try and find some proof that will allow us to construct the story a little better than that posted by An Evil Vet in the OP (which seems to have holes of its own). Unfortunately there is little actual proof and a lot of people with various ideas as to what the available proof means.

I'm starting to think it was intentionally left open ended for either DLC or just because that's how some of the best stories are; open to individual interpretation.

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 June 2014 - 09:34 AM Edited by XMarqstheSpot, 17 June 2014 - 09:36 AM.

Why are hikers constantly going missing in GTAV still, years after Merle has died? A copycat killer or is the real one on the loose still?

Or, are they suggesting they are being abducted by the chiliad UFO, somehow?

EDIT: Also, "8 won't wait to become 9" is how the sentence should have finished.

Eloader
  • Eloader

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 June 2014 - 11:25 AM

@EvilVet

Can you change the OP to include the quotation marks around 'MOM' and remove the apostrophe in won't wait in your description

I don't think it has much bearing on things but its better to be accurate with the information. You never know this might even ring a bell with someone to get this advanced (if its possible to).

Cheers

ngaris95
  • ngaris95

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

The Numerology of 8
The number 8 represents: Infinity - Endlessness -the Lemniscate
Material& Spiritual balance, manifestation, one-pointedness of mind, wholeness, 
strength, power, success, self-discipline, achievement, abundance, 
entrepreneur, and leadership
8 also represents:
anarchy, earthquakes, negative control, misuse of power and uncommon events
Number 8 is considered to be the great universal law which rules races and 
individuals.
The figure 8 dance of the Honeybee called the waggle dance is how the bees 
communicate to hive-mates information about the direction and distance to 
patches of flowers yielding pollen, water sources and when bees are selecting a 
new home site. Bees survival is dependent on mutual cooperation and division of 
labor.
In the Hebrew Tree of Life the 8th Sephiroth is Hod representing Splendour and 
the procession of feminine potency.
In Greek mysteries 8 represented the “higher mind” and is a variation of “Jesus”, 
Iesous equals 888 and is the sacred number vibration of the Christ.
The Celtic Wheel of the Seasons has 8 spokes
Spring - Beltane - Summer - Lammas - Autumn - Samwain -Winter 
and Imbolc
In China 8 is the number of Universal Good Fortune.
In Buddhism 8 means completion and all possibility
The Ba Kua has 8 Trigrams
The Book of Changes 8 times 8 = 64 Trigrams

fragtime2k9
  • fragtime2k9

Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by fragtime2k9, 2 weeks ago.

hmm very intresting, i think this could have to do something with the mt chiliad mystery at all

L0SS4NT0SK1LL3RV
  • L0SS4NT0SK1LL3RV

Aircrafts Lover/Leader of Los Santos Killers V Crew

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted A week ago

This myth have been solved already but there's only a video in portuguese (Brazil) so you guys won't understand it.

Eloader
  • Eloader

Player Hater

• Members

Posted A week ago

I would guess it would be the same as the OP. The recent discussion is more to do with the holes in that story and trying to either fill in the gaps or give an interpretation that makes more sense.

I think the story probably wasn't meant to be scrutinised as much as some of us are.

teamlyons
  • teamlyons

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

The drawing on chiliad matches the northernmost part of the map perfectly and has 8 boxes but two are incomplete, and the old burnt down house may have the mystery 8 killer drowned in the water nearby

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users