• United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:15 PM

I am the mysterious number 8

like this post for proof

I didn't see that small print at the bottom, sorry. :p

Figured I'd try to sneak it in. :p

But, as you have been here for 12 years and only have 76 likes... I'll like both posts :pp

Zeppos
  • Zeppos

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:05 PM Edited by Zeppos, 08 February 2014 - 07:10 PM.

Maude has a pink flamingo, were Omega lives there is an identical flamingo!.....maybe it means nothing but you never know....maybey a token of membership....watch out for the pink flamingo gang....
Don't know if there are more flamingo's to find and if they are connected with the infinity murders...but maude is connected......
  • ParanoiaX likes this

JayKay32
  • JayKay32

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:32 PM

was wondering.. what is it exactly that is leading some to believe that certain bodies are male and some female? is it just simply the shape of the wrappings on some bodies looking like they have a more full umm.. breastular area lol, or is there more to it?

i know that it was previously posted that the "female" bodies also share the fact that their heads are fully covered.. is this a definite standard across all bodies that have the extra "fullness"?

the bodies are all males...the last pic of jaykay shows clearly a male haircut and weights on the brest-area...no brests.....i was wrong th

the bodies are all males...the last pic of jaykay shows clearly a male haircut and weights on the brest-area...no brests.....i was wrong there...

haha cool, thanks for clearing that up =)

The last pic on my 1st post the bodies head was wrapped so couldn't see the haircut..... It was also the only body I found with the "8" next to it...The other 3 I found had the top the heads exposed... This to me definetely means something and was done intentionally, I don't think that is a male...

• krashr likes this

neku_neku
  • neku_neku

hunterXhunter

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:47 PM

found two bin with red 8 marking at grand senora

so its 9 total - by now

• ParanoiaX and krashr like this

UnchartedKiller
  • UnchartedKiller

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 14 March 2014 - 04:33 AM Edited by UnchartedKiller, 14 March 2014 - 04:37 AM.

What I wonder is that if he only wanted to kill 8 people why were there 10 count marks under the writing "8 is infinity stood up"? Is that just him noting that he killed 5 people twice or an indication of 10 deaths. Another thing I wondered was what if he himself was the eighth victim/sacrafice or his death was his attempt to worship the number in hopes of his revival?

ParanoiaX
  • ParanoiaX

Mad Paro

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 14 March 2014 - 04:48 AM Edited by One Poor Fool, 14 March 2014 - 04:49 AM.

What I wonder is that if he only wanted to kill 8 people why were there 10 count marks under the writing "8 is infinity stood up"? Is that just him noting that he killed 5 people twice or an indication of 10 deaths.

Perhaps he killed 8 victims because he was obsessed with the number 8 as we know, and when he felt the urge to kill again he rationalized with the theory that 8 is just infinity stood up so he could justify  murdering more people? For infinity? without breaking his obsession with the number 8? Who knows you would have to be inside the mind of the mad man himself to know perhaps

Although the fact presents itself that there were only 8 bodies found

UnchartedKiller
  • UnchartedKiller

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 14 March 2014 - 04:56 AM Edited by UnchartedKiller, 14 March 2014 - 05:07 AM.

What I wonder is that if he only wanted to kill 8 people why were there 10 count marks under the writing "8 is infinity stood up"? Is that just him noting that he killed 5 people twice or an indication of 10 deaths.

Perhaps he killed 8 victims because he was obsessed with the number 8 as we know, and when he felt the urge to kill again he rationalized with the theory that 8 is just infinity stood up so he could justify  murdering more people? For infinity? without breaking his obsession with the number 8? Who knows you would have to be inside the mind of the mad man himself to know perhaps

Although the fact presents itself that there were only 8 bodies found
That is a good theory but another thing I wondered which I had seen brought up in a video is that maybe his own death was not accidental or natural and as a matter of fact tied into the obsession he had. Possibly some of the bodies are not of his working. I had read in another post of a copycat killer could this be the reason behind the 8 bodies because as far as Merle documented he killed 5 people. Perhaps this copycat killer was responsible for the rhymes in the mountains. Could this be a connection to the trashcan at Maude's?

Adding to this it was found in another post that 7 pairs of hanging shoes have been found in various places and the connection made was that one was found on Merle's house. Was this his way of keeping something of his victims? This may not be true BUT if you look at the bodies none have footwear on and all the victims were jogging according to the news article.

Someone level with me on this one. Please reply with what you think.

DeeZ6996
  • DeeZ6996

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 March 2014 - 03:39 PM Edited by DeeZ6996, 23 March 2014 - 11:33 PM. Don't double/triple post, edit your initial post if you want to add something to it.

K so I was flying around on story mode trying to uncover each area of the map, and when I came to the islands my planes engines failed and the left wing broke off in mid air. Maybe a bird flew into the engine cuz it's happened a  couple times but my plane didn't break apart or engines didn't fail. Is the area where the bodies are located like the Bermuda Triangle or something? If so is that why the bodies are hidden there? Could be considered a remote area?

Greyskull24
  • Greyskull24

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:57 AM

I didn't look through the 13 pages of posts that are already on here so this might have been theorized already but...

What if Merle was a scape-goat for the Infinity Killer? (further mentioned as "IK").

The two parts of the mystery I have been studying to come to this idea are: "8 won't wait" and "8 is just infinity stood up"

8 would be Merle, who wouldn't wait for the IK to finish his/her murders, and so IK decided to let him get captured.

The second inscription would relate to the last part of the number poem again. Being "stood up" could be the same as IK thinking Merle wasn't waiting for him to finish his job.

Obvious problems: There were 8 young men who went missing in 1999. Eight bodies have been found on the north shore. The graffiti thought to be left by Merle in the prison knows far too much information about where the bodies were hidden. There was evidence connecting Merle to the victims in his house.

But all in all, the Infinity Killer could still be out there! DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNN!!!! 

foundfun21
  • foundfun21

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:48 AM

I am more confused with the outcome of this mystery. 

What exactly this will reward us once solved?

An answer as to what happend to Merle and what the Infinite 8 were/are.  This has captivated me a hell of a lot more than the mural on Chiliad. Utter kudos to Rockstar for the LA Noire/Black Dahlia style mystery they created here!

i think the infinite kiler is still alive couse i was listening to the radio when it said that a anoyher hiker has gone missing

Greyskull24
  • Greyskull24

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2014 - 09:33 AM

Oh Right! I think I remember hearing about a hiker going missing on one of the talk radio station shows...the investigation continues.

For those who watch HBO's True Detective this winter, it's kinda like that story....

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:42 PM

i think the infinite kiler is still alive couse i was listening to the radio when it said that a anoyher hiker has gone missing

The newspaper article states clearly that althought he evidence was circumstantial, Merle admitted to an obsession with the number 8.  He died in prison so I don't think the Infinite 8 killer still lives.

The missing hiker relates to the Altruist camp.

• TrevorsStinkyFingers likes this

MountAndDoMe2
  • MountAndDoMe2

Chronic Queen

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:29 PM

This is awesome thank you you figured out the whole thing for me so I didn't have to waste my time, although one thing, the soundtrack "Nine is god" was made specifically for gta to tell the story of Trevor and Michael, SPOILER (if you chose kill trove at the end)

krashr
  • krashr

cube master

• The Precinct
  • Mars
  • Best Dreads 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 05 April 2014 - 12:27 AM

found this in the tunnels.. i usually check out bits of graffiti as i explore places and haven't noticed count marks anywhere else apart from what has been found at merle's house. has this been seen and is old news or no? didn't have time to look into the whole place properly when i found it

4ALvm3s.jpg

• trevors toe nail likes this

warrenwoodhouse
  • warrenwoodhouse

Warren Woodhouse Crew Leader (GTA V)

• Members
  • England

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:58 PM

Do you all know who used to kill joggers in the GTA world in past titles?

Eddie Low from Alderney City, Alderney, USA. in GTA IV. In fact, the first encounter that you have with him is to dump a body into the West River at Liberty Ferry Terminal in Alderney.

He had this odd obsession with killing joggers. He also mentioned his motives for killing them on his blog on BlogSnobs.

• krashr likes this

warrenwoodhouse
  • warrenwoodhouse

Warren Woodhouse Crew Leader (GTA V)

• Members
  • England

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:04 PM

found this in the tunnels.. i usually check out bits of graffiti as i explore places and haven't noticed count marks anywhere else apart from what has been found at merle's house. has this been seen and is old news or no? didn't have time to look into the whole place properly when i found it

4ALvm3s.jpg

Where was this taken exactly? Was it in a tunnel under the city or within the city area on ground level/sea level?

krashr
  • krashr

cube master

• The Precinct
  • Mars
  • Best Dreads 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:05 AM

Where was this taken exactly? Was it in a tunnel under the city or within the city area on ground level/sea level?

in one of the tunnels used in the jewel store heist, exactly here:

l6ZUNO6.jpg

canadianwingnut
  • canadianwingnut

don't mess with the wingnut

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 April 2014 - 01:45 PM Edited by canadianwingnut, 20 April 2014 - 01:49 PM.

This is all new to me and I like it. Been going around seeing what I can find. I've read people talk about an accomplice to this, and my first thought was Trevor Phillips. He lives in Sandy Shores, he's that type of loonie toon, and sometimes when you switch to him he's doing bizarre things to people. I.e. throwing people of a bridge into the LS river, hes had a guy roped up to a support pole under the pier, chasing people in his truck. I'll have to look into this more but he struck me as possibly wrapped up in all of this. Somehow. Also, there are enough references in the game to him killing joggers and consuming human stews.

Ungreth
  • Ungreth

haemorrhoidal maniac

• Members

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:11 AM

So...has anyone tried dressing Franklin up like a jogger and running around the far northern trails where all the other joggers go (close to where the bodies are buried at sea), to see if they can lure the killer out?

I have and it didn't work. :/

• CanOdope likes this

TirkaneX
  • TirkaneX

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:46 PM Edited by TirkaneX, 22 April 2014 - 05:53 PM.

the possibility of a Copycat has been mentioned?

There is a smiley(": p ") inside one of 8(underwater), at the rehab center there a smiley design with the name "mandy" written below...

Forgive me if this have been already reported.

Midnightz
  • Midnightz

Populus vult decipi.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:15 PM Edited by Midnightz, 24 April 2014 - 02:19 PM.

Sorry to bump but...

so its 9 total - by now

Is this what you're referring to?

image.jpg

Is located here:

image.png

The same bin is mentioned in the OP but at a different location. (same object used) Where are all the others?

Has anyone talked about the bizarre collection of body parts in jars?

8_yuck.jpg

Alanhogg1
  • Alanhogg1

Player Hater

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 07 May 2014 - 05:05 PM

This has really interested me so I thought id go to the house and look around and I noticed that there is a stack of newspaper with a picture of a former gta character which reads 'loves hate relationship with taxes' , I dont think ot means anything but wanted to share

SimonChristopher
  • SimonChristopher

Snitch

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 10 May 2014 - 10:37 PM

I'm gunna toss this out there. I haven't read up on infinity killer in a while, so some facts may have been forgotten. Buuuut here goes nothing! "8 is just infinity stood up". Key word just. Maybe that's all 8 is. Doesn't mean only 8 murders. They poem might not have been finished. We only found 8 bodies because people thought there was only 8. So people stopped looking after they found 8. Could be more. Could not be. Maybe 8 was a philosophical obsession. But what kind of serial killer kills 8 people and stops? (Do not reference the movie seven) or maybe there's clues I don't know about that makes my whole theory complete sh*t.

NikolaiAmethyst
  • NikolaiAmethyst

Are you having fun?

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 11 May 2014 - 12:50 AM

Definitely got people obsessed with the number 8...

R* cannot be called anything but genius when it comes to hooking people in and getting them obsessed.

• CanOdope likes this

Midnightz
  • Midnightz

Populus vult decipi.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 May 2014 - 01:54 AM

Well, there are also 8 characters for license plates, and 8 different UFOs in-game.

neku_neku
  • neku_neku

hunterXhunter

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 May 2014 - 03:22 AM Edited by neku_neku, 11 May 2014 - 03:49 AM.

Sorry to bump but...

so its 9 total - by now

Is this what you're referring to?
image.jpg

Is located here:
image.png

The same bin is mentioned in the OP but at a different location. (same object used) Where are all the others?

Has anyone talked about the bizarre collection of body parts in jars?
8_yuck.jpg

Yup that one of it. It's quite confusing as the bin marked with red 8 but by now i found 9 of them? Wait i'll post the locations later!

Edit:

red 8 marked bin locations:

3 around merle's house - 1 near the door, 2 just below a telephone pole

2 at dignity village - 1 inside a camp to the west, 1 beside a house to the east

1 hidden around a house at airship/car junkyard in senora

1 at alien welcoming house - remember the house with "welcome" and alien icon?

1 is located as your picture above (probably 2)

there's another one but i can't remember where - its been months i didn't play GTA v. but try to check around the location you provided above. if i'm not mistaken there are 2 of them!

another edit: some of them also can missing from their location - such as the one at airship/car junkyard and at alien welcoming house. I'm still not sure if it is a glitch/loading problem or made on purpose by rockstar!

NikolaiAmethyst
  • NikolaiAmethyst

Are you having fun?

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 11 May 2014 - 03:49 AM

And the body parts? What are they? 

Anyone know if the random event with the prisoner trying to jack your ride has anything to do with the infinity killer?

Seems to me that even if the easter egg mystery itself has been solved, that still leaves the whole story of Merle.

We have to take into consideration that when you turn on your gta disk, you're stepping into that world, with that lore and mysteries, so just because we found the newspaper clippings and found the bodies, doesn't mean that it's over. It's just over for us.

I personally am swayed towards the idea that Merle somehow gained immortality from the killings, hence the 'infinity', even if that meant transending to a higher being or even being reincarnated as that random guy in the van that tasers you.

Sorry if it seems like i'm rambling, it's 10 to 5 in the morning here and i have yet to sleep.

Midnightz
  • Midnightz

Populus vult decipi.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 May 2014 - 04:31 AM

I may be steeped in assumption but I really think R* does not do depth and complexity for its Easter eggs. The fans come up with better myths and puzzles than they do. ;)
  • Eram likes this

Ameri_star
  • Ameri_star

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:58 AM

Total lurker here, but doesn't anyone link the random event that happens when you go driving around the desert and get tazered and wake up on rail road tracks seem like something the Infinity Killer would do? It's a pretty rare occurrence and isn't really explained. You're left to die on those tracks and just matches the MO of the killer since the bodies underwater were tied up? I dunno, just a theory.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users