» «
Photo

The Infinite 8 mystery

411 replies to this topic
HakatoX
  • HakatoX

Yes, This is me......

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:43 PM Edited by HakatoX, 05 December 2013 - 03:44 PM.

Well there are more than 10 hash marks, there are 5-10 in the front room and 10 in the back.  Personally I think he was just counting off up to 5 multiple times until his house got burnt down. 

The trainers are hanging up because it ties the victims to the article which shows the victims were joggers, so it's definitely Merle's house.  The reason they didn't burn? Well it's probably a bit of artistic licence from the designer rather than anything like there being a copycat killer.

See, the personally part is where I start to cringe. 

I can make up stories about how they are the opposite.

Cause it's my story I will stick to it. 

You aren't being objective about it, and that's my main point. 

In your head it's already case close. 

I ask about unknown variables and you can only present an idea you came up with.

The shoe's should be in evidence... the house burned and he went to the camp. Then he was caught, right?

When serial killers are locked up they are never mixed with general population. 

I think Merle was framed or just not smart enough to verbalize his defense. 

But admitting to being obsessed with a number is hardly enough to prosecute for murder let alone multiple counts.

I guess I should just stay out of here... 

I try to present my side and it's just smacked down. 

Not like I am saying some alien is the killer or something.... 

krashr
  • krashr

head on a stick

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2013 - 04:03 AM Edited by krashr, 06 December 2013 - 06:22 AM.

@hakatox yeah the 10 marks are also something i still wonder about occasionally. 

i haven't thought about this in a long time because all the other clues lead to the 8 bodies in the ocean. the cynic in me says that the developers of the mystery thought "the actual clues will help people find the 8 bodies and solve the mystery, everything points to 8, but let's put 10 count marks for funsies.. that'll be interesting/keep 'em guessing"..

..or that it's maybe set-up for future dlc like "infinity killer: clear merle's name" beginning with two more bodies being found somewhere and the case is re-opened.. kind hearted merle was just taking the fall for his brother or some crap like that haha

i (personally) think it's a bit of a stretch to say that he counted to 5 twice, it's just odd and the 10 count happens to be underneath his revelation that "8 is just infinity stood up". possibly coincidental of course. as far as i've seen, there aren't any count marks that only go to 8 and it just erks me haha. (i could be wrong)

@anevilvet as i said i haven't thought about this in a long time.. when i looked at your first page again to see if you'd updated it, (i pretty much agree with everything laid out there and think you've done a great job, i respect your opinions and have been reading these forums for a long time), i notice that in your pics wrap up you still don't mention the 10 count marks at all.. for clarification, have you personally checked the area where the 8 bodies are? i don't ask to be rude, i suspect you have done this as op. and your responses to people are quite definite when you reference things. i find most of your posts in threads i've read to be informative and backed by evidence. (mostly lol)

again, as there are no other clues as to why there are ten count marks when everything else points to 8 (except infinity revelation), my gut tells me it was deliberate on r*'s end knowing players will latch onto it and it will keep people guessing/theorising about another killer or more possible bodies somewhere (when it can't be proven/disproven with what's currently available in game).. with no more clues you'd have no point of reference to begin searching for two more bodies, just a feeling of maybe there are more.. or yeah a very vague clue for dlc..

lastly, hate to say it, but ultimately you could be right and there is absolutely no meaning at all and merle just counted to 5 twice (i feel that's a bit meh of a reason on r*'s behalf though if that ends up being the case, but is just as likely as anything else i've said with no proof haha)
  • HakatoX and fragtime2k9 like this

Eloader
  • Eloader

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:41 AM

@WilliamCampbell - No-one is expecting you to search on their behalf or proposing some kind of outlandish theory (lately). From my own perspective the questions I posted earlier hold enough water (for me) to cast a certain element of doubt upon the original story. I'm not saying its wrong but rather I feel certain elements have been ignored altogether or the time line isn't right. I'm also able to do my own searching but I put the questions out there just in case someone has seen something I haven't, I doubt ANYONE has seen everything to be seen on that vast map.

@ EvilVet - Your theory on his graffiti and tallying are the ones I have an issue with. For one, anything to do with this is completely untouched by the fire and other graffiti around the property. This is one of the observations I raised. It indicates the fire started and the graffiti, the body dump map and the tally marks were added after (with other non related graffiti around the property). Why is it untouched by other graffiti, it was done over 10 years ago?

@HakatoX - I think its worth analysing the different sets of handwriting but my initial look indicated that the written parts (in prison and the desert) looked very close to each other with the graffiti just sharing the characteristics of only a couple of letters. Could this be enough to say its a different person? Not sure really, personally my handwriting changes all the time and if it was Merle who wrote all of it then the changes might be signed off through his mental descent. The problem might be finding enough proof. 

If there is other evidence out there it might tie some of this together, if not we're just going to be butting heads. I for one have not let this go yet and will continue searching (i.e. looking at methods of transport of bodies, trying to sort a time line out, looking at places in between etc).

• HakatoX likes this

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:59 PM

@anevilvet as i said i haven't thought about this in a long time.. when i looked at your first page again to see if you'd updated it, (i pretty much agree with everything laid out there and think you've done a great job, i respect your opinions and have been reading these forums for a long time), i notice that in your pics wrap up you still don't mention the 10 count marks at all.. for clarification, have you personally checked the area where the 8 bodies are?

Yes I found all 8 bodies some time before Tadden plotted their locations in his gamesave and provided the photo.  No-one has ever found more than 8 bodies and there is no evidence to suggest Merle actually killed more than 8 people. In fact, the article states that only 8 people were missing.  From that I drew the conclusion that the tally marks were a repetition of Merle counting to 5 and he had only killed 5 people before his home was set on fire.

See, the personally part is where I start to cringe. 

I can make up stories about how they are the opposite.

Cause it's my story I will stick to it. 

You aren't being objective about it, and that's my main point. 

In your head it's already case close. 

I ask about unknown variables and you can only present an idea you came up with.

The shoe's should be in evidence... the house burned and he went to the camp. Then he was caught, right?

When serial killers are locked up they are never mixed with general population. 

I think Merle was framed or just not smart enough to verbalize his defense. 

But admitting to being obsessed with a number is hardly enough to prosecute for murder let alone multiple counts.

I guess I should just stay out of here... 

I try to present my side and it's just smacked down. 

Not like I am saying some alien is the killer or something.... 

I have to use the word 'personally' because that sole part is my eprsonal belief based on the evidence in front of me but as I don't work for Rockstar, I can't confirm it...

You're right in saying that to me the case is closed. I feel the evidence is sufficient and no-one has drafted any evidence to the contrary. Theory and supposition, but no evidence.

Regarding the shoes that shouldn't be there anymore and the graffiti in the prison that shouldn't be there, I agree. If this was real life then that should be the case. But it's a designed environment in a videogame and it's a case of these things being the way they are because the designer wanted us to link it all together.

@ EvilVet - Your theory on his graffiti and tallying are the ones I have an issue with. For one, anything to do with this is completely untouched by the fire and other graffiti around the property. This is one of the observations I raised. It indicates the fire started and the graffiti, the body dump map and the tally marks were added after (with other non related graffiti around the property). Why is it untouched by other graffiti, it was done over 10 years ago?

I refer you to the point above.  If this was real life, it's likely that the graffiti would be covered by new graffiti or the building would have been torn down.  However, there would be no way to identify these clues and uncover the mystery of the Infinity Killer without them if the graffiti was covered.  The designer has left it untouched so we can see it, not because it's a multi-level conspiracy and Merle was framed.

• krashr likes this

Eloader
  • Eloader

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:27 PM Edited by Eloader, 06 December 2013 - 02:12 PM.

@EvilVet That is what I fear tbh. All those wasted hours......

Still, you would have thought the programmers/artists could be able to put a layer of fire damage over a graffiti image.

HakatoX
  • HakatoX

Yes, This is me......

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:30 PM Edited by HakatoX, 06 December 2013 - 03:37 PM.

Why is that article there?

To me that's the final boasting of the killer. 

Any and all neighbors would want to brush any memory of Merle and his evil from their community.

I know this first hand as I was the maintenance man for the apartment complex that was the last place Richard Trenton Chase lived before his incarceration.  This guy was sick and it was only because my relation to the victims I knew the location. Everyone in that complex and around keep it in whispers as it was almost taboo to mention the name or the crimes. 

I have a slight obsession with serial killers and have had one since I was close to ten years old. 

Almost any case where a serial killer has been caught they admit to their crimes as they are like the stripes on a rank patch or a star on the collar. 

The notes, the clues... these are indicative to a person who is proud of their work and is not afraid to make it publicly known their love and affinity for the infinity symbol. Merle only ever admitted to being obsessed with the number 8.

Almost anyone would think these notes were him reaching out looking for recognition for his crimes. Who else was he writing them for? Are there any descendants of Merle? Son, Uncle or Brother? Could he have been covering for someone? Cause I stand by the notion that: if he was the Infinity Killer, He would have garnered the recognition he was initially asking for.

Now as for this whole "Artistic creativity.... I call BS. R* knows what they are doing, look at LA Noire. There is no reason the unanswered questions are due to ignorance or for a signature. Even a simple google search and you can become a great copycat killer. I cannot believe that ME; a GED holder, with far less knowledge and resources, could become more of a potential copycat than those with paid time and resources..... I don't buy it. I have to at least think that they thought the whole thing through.

• krashr likes this

krashr
  • krashr

head on a stick

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 December 2013 - 01:41 AM

@anevilvet haha i can see you're not going to budge on the count marks and i'm not trying to get you to.. i will make no further mention of it unless something solid comes up or the file dudes pull a file called:

fldr.location/innocentmerleshouse.xcp://

//*wall/countpic.;1-5,6-10kills.cf.haha/ev/il.vet-u/rwron/g.xcr

=)

iNerded
  • iNerded

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 06:49 PM Edited by iNerded, 09 December 2013 - 06:50 PM.

Could this be linked to GTA: San Andreas in any way? It WAS released in 2004. Same year he died.

EpicHeroMonster
  • EpicHeroMonster

҉ The Beast Within ҉

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 December 2013 - 05:14 AM

Has anyone actually found all 8 bodies(If there are 8)? I've only seen 6.

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:40 PM

Yes. Please see the first post.

EpicHeroMonster
  • EpicHeroMonster

҉ The Beast Within ҉

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:39 PM

Yes. Please see the first post.

Now I feel stupid.

cccpints
  • cccpints

Detective

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 01:12 AM

Lets start this topic back up again, its very interesting!!!

Simon-Riley12
  • Simon-Riley12

Penis Inspector

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:27 PM

Okay so i have found some new info but día not realiza what it was until an hour ago. So what i found was a random encounter near the lost hangar located in the senora desert, so this encounter seems like nothing at first until you notice what the npc itself says. He can say a range of things the one that i Heard was apart of the poem he said "one is done, two was fun." After this you either kill the npc or get stunned. Now after i was stunned i spawned on the train tracks. After an hour of playing i was going back to the grande senora desert so i took the long way by that i mean i took a wrong turn and made my way to the windmills when there i saw another random encounter same result but not the same npc. When i came to the forums to find a van for online i read this thread so i have one last theory, 1) Merle started a cult and they are continuing with his plans or 2) he is still kicking and having some fun

Beard monster
  • Beard monster

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:24 PM

First the chiliad mystery is not solved because there are glyphs referring to more and the mural clearly shows a UFO egg and jet pack. So explain that? Ok concerning the killer. I don't think it's solved because yes there are 10 marks alluding to more kills and the fact that on the radio station with the eagle on one of the talk shows they get random calls from a creepy dude who states he likes to kill people and hangs up. I think he still is out there.
  • fragtime2k9 likes this

Jumpdiepie
  • Jumpdiepie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:24 PM

Infinity 8 Hmm serial kiler for one.

he did kill eight victims because the eight was him and it was in 2008 to me it was coincidental that he waited till 2008 to kill him self or he somehow died in 2008.
But the one thing what gets to me where are the last off his victims bodies??? 

HakatoX
  • HakatoX

Yes, This is me......

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:07 AM

Infinity 8 Hmm serial kiler for one.

he did kill eight victims because the eight was him and it was in 2008 to me it was coincidental that he waited till 2008 to kill him self or he somehow died in 2008.
But the one thing what gets to me where are the last off his victims bodies???

But there are 8 bodies in the water.....
The only thing Merle admitted to was being fixated on the number 8.
He never admitted to being the Infinity Killer.
Have you heard of a serial killer that doesn't wear their kills as a badge of honor or trophies to be cherished?
There is a mindset of a serial killer that makes them as such.
Narcissism, Sociopathic, A sense of moral justification. As well as a general sense of disregard, disgust, disdain and or loathing for the general public.
I need to hit up a couple people on this...

Either way, My main protest is Merle was suspected, arrested and convicted as the Infinity Killer but never admitted to it.

Beard monster
  • Beard monster

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 07:41 AM

If there is more to this my guess is north on the map where the bodies get dumped the land where everybody is jogging he prob would be preying on people as in the paper it described his methods.
  • HakatoX likes this

Beard monster
  • Beard monster

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 11:46 AM Edited by Beard monster, 31 December 2013 - 11:47 AM.

I actually have a legit question. Seeing as rockstar has put so much detail in this game world. If this mystery was solved and there is a guy locked up for a bunch of murders, why are all 8 bodies at the bottom of the ocean still? I mean usually you need evidence to lock somebody up and they would usually recover the victims for autopsy and burial. Just curious
  • HakatoX and krashr like this

tresshold
  • tresshold

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 11:53 AM Edited by tresshold, 31 December 2013 - 11:53 AM.

I actually have a legit question. Seeing as rockstar has put so much detail in this game world. If this mystery was solved and there is a guy locked up for a bunch of murders, why are all 8 bodies at the bottom of the ocean still? I mean usually you need evidence to lock somebody up and they would usually recover the victims for autopsy and burial. Just curious

usually when there is no body found, there is no case....

• krashr likes this

Beard monster
  • Beard monster

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:55 PM

Exactly

Scoobysrt
  • Scoobysrt

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:16 AM

You dont need a body to jail someone for murder. If there is enough compelling evidence that someone has committed a crime it becomes guilty until prooven innocent.
He was a nutter who had an obsession, the police could have seen the clues we have, minus the bodies but with added missing persons reports adding to the same number hes besotted with and used that as evidence enough.

Waltermelon
  • Waltermelon

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:11 AM

I think the bodies would be considered the evidence unless they found a weapon but i don't think there is mention of one used by the killer in the game, i may be mistaken.. Also i think you have it backwards it's "innocent until proven guilty"

"The presumption of innocence is the principle that one is considered innocent until proven guilty."

Beard monster
  • Beard monster

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:14 AM

The bodies are evidence but they are under the water....

Scoobysrt
  • Scoobysrt

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:28 PM Edited by Scoobysrt, 08 January 2014 - 12:32 PM.

I know the saying innocent until prooven guilty but trust me if the police get enough evidence before arresting you it is guilty until you can proove otherwise. In the uk there is even legalisation about it.
If the evidence is compelling its up to the accused to proove innocence.

Unfortunate but true but in the case of things like this maybe justified.

Beardmonster, if you re-read you will notice that is what sparked the latest comment.
It was said the bodies are the evidence but they are still there. It was stated that without that evidence he couldnt or shouldnt have been tried.
I said they wouldn't need the bodies for evidence to convict him.

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:12 PM

Guys,  can you please re-read the first post in this thread, specifically the text on the newspaper clipping?

It states that Merle Abrahams was in prison awaiting trial on suspicion of the Infinity Murders as the police had circumstantial evidence against Merle.

The case never went to trial so he was never in prison for murder.

Scoobysrt
  • Scoobysrt

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:29 PM

Yes you are of course correct.

PaulDPearl
  • PaulDPearl

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:03 AM

Chop is a sh*t add on to try and get u to download there iPhone app, he has barely any real use in the game, and can't even get in vehicles so enough said

?

Chop can get into vehicles and can help Franklin hunt for pickups... he cannot, swim... as soon as the ocean water touches CHOP.. CHOP dies..

Zeppos
  • Zeppos

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:49 PM

I think there are more clues to find....i remember seeing a pair of shoes hanging on a wire (somewhere outside)...didn't think it was important until now...
The victims of the infinity killer lying in the ocean are not wearing shoes....
There are at least two pair of shoes ...i guess there are imore to find...i know this is a difficult task...but we have to look for shoes... tied together and hung up...leaving us a clue....

Zeppos
  • Zeppos

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:41 PM

The poem might be a clue..where did he caught his victims......where do you wait...where do you call someone...where do you have fun.....where do you swim..(nix is a waterghost)....look for shoes in those places..

Beard monster
  • Beard monster

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:24 AM

This game however does not take place in the uk

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users