Photo

Purple Dinosaur?

10 replies to this topic
Lordgodofhell
  • Lordgodofhell

Real life ghost

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:07 AM

Ok so on the map that comes with the game, a purple dinosaur T rex looking icon is present with no legend definition. We go there and its simply a diner that can't be entered with nothing seemingly special about it.

Has anyone entered it or seen anything noteworthy happen here?

Spoiler

janzdott
  • janzdott

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:35 AM Edited by janzdott, 27 September 2013 - 06:58 AM.

Looked at my map for about 5 minutes.  Thought you were being a troll, because I didn't see anything.  But I found it haha.  Right on the border of Los Santos County and Blaine County, by Davis Quartz right?  I'm gonna check that out.  It's definitely a T-Rex.  Kinda strange...

EDIT:  Dude... You really didn't see the giant purple dinosaur... standing right in front of the diner... eating a giant hot dog?  It's right in the open, plain as day lol.  It's just a big statue for the diner, because it's called Rex's Diner.  Haha I have no idea why they would include that on the map though.

Lordgodofhell
  • Lordgodofhell

Real life ghost

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:57 AM Edited by Lordgodofhell, 27 September 2013 - 07:51 AM.

Yes! That's the location. I have checked Youtube, this forum, the whole internet and nothing about this place. I don't understand why they would give it an icon if it doesn't have importance? It is close to Ron's Alternate Wind Farm, which is about the area Omega has has us meet him when gving us that thing.

If we can actually fly ufos somehow, and if the glyph is really just criteria for what we need to do it, I strongly feel as if this Purple Dino diner is important some how.  

I saw  the dinosaur of course. That still doesn't explain the icon though! There is a big ass orange ball on a building too but we don't see them highlighting that...

Redpilljunkie
  • Redpilljunkie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:30 AM Edited by Redpilljunkie, 10 October 2013 - 12:31 AM.

I've been looking online without luck but I could swear I remember this same dinosaur on GTA San Andreas.

I could swear it had a ladder on one side that took you to a door, then you went in and a guy gave you a little tour, you could end up looking at the landscape from the mouth of the dinosaur. 

I wish I had time to play GTA: San Andreas again find it and capture the video. 

Redpilljunkie

Scampi
  • Scampi

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:21 AM

You sure you're not thinking of New Vegas? I've never seen any dinosaur statue in SA.

vince91
  • vince91

the pube in your orange juice

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:41 AM Edited by vince91, 10 October 2013 - 03:42 AM.

I've been looking online without luck but I could swear I remember this same dinosaur on GTA San Andreas.

I could swear it had a ladder on one side that took you to a door, then you went in and a guy gave you a little tour, you could end up looking at the landscape from the mouth of the dinosaur. 

I wish I had time to play GTA: San Andreas again find it and capture the video. 

Redpilljunkie

pffffhaha :D   that was fallout : new vegas dude. lay off them red's man

fallout_nv_review_dinobite.jpg

Nemecsis
  • Nemecsis

Drifter/Tuner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:46 AM

Yeah, I found the statue. Nothing great.

Nemecsis
  • Nemecsis

Drifter/Tuner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:41 AM

Nah it's just a purple dinosaur statue on the sidewalk. I don't think you can do anything in it though.

Xt0rtI0N
  • Xt0rtI0N

Pidgeon Stomper

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:36 PM

i've been thinking bout that dinossaur too. cause why would rockstar highlight it on the map? do you know the epsilon writing on the wall talking bout a dinosaur with a saddle?

triplem
  • triplem

X-Degenerate

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:19 PM

i've been thinking bout that dinossaur too. cause why would rockstar highlight it on the map? do you know the epsilon writing on the wall talking bout a dinosaur with a saddle?

Someone mentioned something about shooting the dinosaur in the eye, then going somewhere up north to see a real dinosaur roaming around... however, I think it was marked as pure bull sh*t with no proof.

Xt0rtI0N
  • Xt0rtI0N

Pidgeon Stomper

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:08 AM

yeah, there was also a video circulating of someone calling a number near the quarry, and then a real dinosaur would appear some yards ahead, but that was obviously fake. but the reason I think the dinosaur is somehow important is because there are lots of dots to connect: the article on lester's house, the epsilon poem, the purple dinosaur on the diner being specificaly pointed on the map with it's own icon (and appearing on the final credits, where among other things, the ufo above the alien worship mount is pointed to)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users