Photo

Using the Special Abilities Feels Cheap

20 replies to this topic
Bumb Ditch
  • Bumb Ditch

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:50 AM

Does anyone else feel like using Franklin, Trevors, and Mike's special abilities is cheap? We never had special abilities in any of the other Grand Theft Auto games and now we do. Me personally I used them at the beginning of the game and was like oh man this is great! But it was after I completed one of the early trevor missions involving the biker gang that I realized that using his special was kind of making things too easy. Along with Franklins and Michaels. So since than I haven't really used them. Does anyone else feel the same way or do you enjoy using them?

Marck527
  • Marck527

Peon

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:52 AM Edited by Marck527, 27 September 2013 - 04:53 AM.

No, that's what makes them feel unique from each other imo. I like this special skills.

seanforever
  • seanforever

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:02 AM

Yeah they're unnecessary. And quite overpowered. Franklins ability for example. not only does it slow down time while driving (which is so utterly helpful all in itself) it also glues the car to the road and you can take 90 degree turns at 200 mph

And Trevors.. effectively makes you invincible. if only for a short while but still. 

They're just silly.

Bumb Ditch
  • Bumb Ditch

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:05 AM

No, that's what makes them feel unique from each other imo. I like this special skills.

See to me I already feel like these characters are so unique already. I never really get bored, because If I wanna go roll on some gang members I go play as Franklin, or if I wanna race or just drive really fast on the highway while not giving a care in the world I play as him, if I want to just cause Meham then I play as Trevor and Eff things up and cause destruction. If I want to relax and just take it easy I play as Michael. I feel like what makes them different and unique is their personality more than anything.

Pitch~Black
  • Pitch~Black

Peon

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:11 AM

Most of the time I forget about them, honestly. I think, though, that at least part of the reason they even exist is to make each character stand out in some way from the other two. Without them it would really be just changing skins when switching characters. Actually they could have gone farther and more in depth and created differing "paths" for each character's special abilities in true RPG style. I would have liked that.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:13 AM

I agree, I never use them either except for franklins sometimes when riding a bike because if you dont you will hit something and fall off and die, lol!  But the cars handle so good and its so easy to drive you never even need to use that ability.  It wouldve came in handy in gta IV maybe, but with a driving system such as this where even if you crash which is rare it doesnt wreck your car its really unnecessary and a waste of time.  The slow down time shooting ones do make it too easy and it feels super lame and reminds me of max payne and I thought it was dumb in that game.  Id rather just shoot normally.

Lordgodofhell
  • Lordgodofhell

Real life ghost

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:18 AM

The game is easy with or without the special abilities. They serve as another feature to separate V from the rest of the series. I personally like them as they balance out the new and improved police system.

wallpaper42
  • wallpaper42

Hustler

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:30 AM

I like them. Even though for most of the game I kind of forgot about them.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

The Killer Hills Killer

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:36 AM

I find myself using Trevor's the most, I forget the other two even have abilities! 

Which is ironic considering I initially thought Trevor had a sh*tty ability. I'm glad they changed it to take NO damage while dealing double instead of taking half damage.    

loudanddumb
  • loudanddumb

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:41 AM

i use them alot.. if there in the game why not.. 

i hope we cant fly "like superman" in gta 6 tho,...

HamMasterFlex
  • HamMasterFlex

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:42 AM

Then don't use them...

sultangris
  • sultangris

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:44 AM

Then don't use them...

um, we dont.  the question is Do you feel the same way? or do you use them?

Gokuzbu
  • Gokuzbu

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:58 AM

I never really use them except slowing down time so I don't miss a stunt jump as Franklin

Crav3
  • Crav3

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:21 AM

I forgpt.they even existed haha.. I could have used trevors when I was trying to get.the fighter jet -_-

1892grey
  • 1892grey

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:59 AM Edited by 1892grey, 27 September 2013 - 07:00 AM.

Im nearly at the end of the game and its only now that I use the occasionaly. It's took this long to remember thery are there lol but tbh the game has been easy enough so far for me not to need them overly

ManOfDisguise
  • ManOfDisguise

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:12 AM

Franklin's is the most cheap one i don't even use him now

ManOfDisguise
  • ManOfDisguise

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:15 AM

The game is easy with or without the special abilities. They serve as another feature to separate V from the rest of the series. I personally like them as they balance out the new and improved police system.

Improved in some ways annoying in others

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:19 AM

I do end up using franklins once in a while, however I only use it if im sure not using it is gonna end up being a crash..  Been trying to use it as little as possible though to get ready for online.

Skeloton
  • Skeloton

Living Dead Gangster

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:31 AM Edited by Skeloton, 27 September 2013 - 08:32 AM.

Nope, I rarely use Franklins ability. I haven't a need for it really. The other two however are a little more helpful

Kent_Paul_Jnr
  • Kent_Paul_Jnr

lets bounce

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:02 AM

bullet time as Michael made to look like max payne = epic

lol

Edub_1234
  • Edub_1234

Cars Favored: Sential XS-Coqutte-Entity XF

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:44 AM

Eh,I was using Frank's abilty for a while but i've learned the grip of the cars so they are pretty easy now. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users