Quantcast

» «
Photo

Story Missions were too easy and seemed dumbed down for kids.

45 replies to this topic
Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:44 PM

I use autoaim because I suck at aiming.  That is one of the reasons I don't play FPS (that and they are over done).

NukethewhalesMO
  • NukethewhalesMO

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:00 PM

Mission checkpoints definitely made things easier. Honestly, I think that where a majority of the difficulty was in past GTA games; having to drive across the map just to replay a mission because you made a stupid mistake and died or got an important NPC killed certainly made things seem more difficult... to me anyways.

On the other hand, I don't recall ever having to retry a checkpoint more than twice, so maybe it has been watered down a bit.

carlwinslo84
  • carlwinslo84

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:12 PM

didnt think it was too easy. Alot of the missions were casual but do the last heist the "obvious" way and try escaping the cops with 5 stars. I died so many times on that mission i had to reload the game and do it the "subtle" way which was by far WAY easier.

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:22 PM

At least we're not running out of bitches to respond with defensive insults.

gta5freemode4eva
  • gta5freemode4eva

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:19 PM

Missions were for kids, driving handlin and physics were for kids, gta v is for kids. R* sold out

• Boxman108 likes this

Vin89
  • Vin89

Peon

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:50 PM

You bitches must be running out of sh*t to complain about...Now youve moved on to 'it was too easy'................

Wasnt a few of you asswipes in the 'The cops are OP' threads a while back?

Insulting someone just calmly expressing his opinion just got you reported. People like you destroy these forums. 

Plus, people like you  prevent feedback for Rockstar Games. If many people actually think the story was a little bit too easy then they'll consider this for their next game, maybe? 

Personally, what made story easy for me was the checkpoint feature. It took me a while until I had it figured out with this green bar and how it works. I didn't like to hide in cover while regenerating my hp. So I died pretty often in shootouts. 

• Boxman108 likes this

DEERxBanshee
  • DEERxBanshee

Badder den dem

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:53 PM

I've found all current gen rockstar games to be easy. Gta on ps2 was much more difficult
  • Boxman108 likes this

-ROTTEN-
  • -ROTTEN-

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:56 PM

In all the other Grand Theft Auto's some of the missions were challenging and often took replays. However, playing GTA 5 I progressed through the story missions quite fast and never found any mission difficult. Maybe the previous titles were harder because I was younger. Although, the missions seem watered down for children and there is even a skip mission button if you fail the mission too many times.

If you think this is true or if you think its quite difficult post a reply, i'm keen to hear!

Turn off auto-aim and play the game for real.

Johan
  • Johan

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:57 PM

Checkpoints and easier objectives made the game way too easy lol, this is how modern games are getting nowadays :(

BohanThug
  • BohanThug

Niko Bellic went quiet.

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:07 AM

As far as car damage goes, I was one of the ones who didn't like it at the start, but I'm finding now that it often doesn't take much for your car to become undriveable. Take a few good hits and the tires start going on you.

Trevkillz
  • Trevkillz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:44 AM

Checkpoints and easier objectives made the game way too easy lol, this is how modern games are getting nowadays :(

I'd rather have checkpoints than tedious restarts everytime I die. There's also different levels of completion, from 50% to 100% so the replay value is still there just no tedious restarts. How annoying is it to be doing a mission die end up at the hospital and have to drive back to the objective or even worse drive back to an npc that takes you all the way across the map to the objective?

HamSandwich
  • HamSandwich

HamSandwich

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:44 AM

skipping missions flipping overturned vehicles and immature radio content?

Meant to draw in a 16 and under fan base. I fear GTA fans have been sold out for the extra buck.

It worked just look at how much rockstar made in the first week...

There are way more people about to play for just a couple months until the next new game title comes out. Not the real fans who are on gta4 for the past 5 years

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:13 AM

I'm fine with checkpoints and even skipping missions if you fail too much, but that should be a reason to make the game more challenging.  Games like Donkey Kong Country Returns did this perfectly.

jagcivtec
  • jagcivtec

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:50 AM

The only reason IV had harder missions was the lack of a checkpoint.  You do realize this game is rated M right?  Kids should NOT be playing this game.  In fact, the ESRB needs to start using their AO title as GTA is one of those things that KIDS SHOULD NOT BE PLAYING!!!  

Still it was dumbed down for unskilled people!  so it feels like they really knew many young kids would play it despite the rating, oh the COD masses.

jagcivtec
  • jagcivtec

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:51 AM

Yeah, extremely easy.  It seems near everything is designed for hand holding, from the driving to the special abilities, etc.

True.  

Mr.Wr0ng
  • Mr.Wr0ng

Book-Burner

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:47 AM Edited by Mr.Wr0ng, 28 October 2013 - 10:53 AM.

It's not like games in the GTA series were really challenging to begin with.
They usually have a bunch of short trivial missions with a couple harder missions here and there.

GTA V also has a couple of harder missions, Blitz Play and Burying the Hatchet for example.

That the earlier GTAs seemed harder was mostly caused by design flaws, be it either the lack of checkpoints or seemingly untested missions, like most of the RC missions from the 3D era games. GTA III had a bunch of such missions, like Espresso-2-Go (Which would be way easier if the game wouldn't lack a map), Bomb Da Base (which would be way easier if 8-Ball had something like AI) and S.A.M. (which would be way easier if the rocket launcher actually had something like a lock-on function) to only name a few.

I also think that it's kind of funny that people bring up the "it's not hard, so it's made for kids" argument.

Back in the days, developers actually made games intentionally hard so kids would throw more money at their arcade machines.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users