Quantcast

» «
Photo

Story Missions were too easy and seemed dumbed down for kids.

45 replies to this topic
BenjamiSKATE
  • BenjamiSKATE

Shad

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:28 AM

In all the other Grand Theft Auto's some of the missions were challenging and often took replays. However, playing GTA 5 I progressed through the story missions quite fast and never found any mission difficult. Maybe the previous titles were harder because I was younger. Although, the missions seem watered down for children and there is even a skip mission button if you fail the mission too many times.

If you think this is true or if you think its quite difficult post a reply, i'm keen to hear!

• Android and HamSandwich like this

The Wooden Mask
  • The Wooden Mask

Morag Tong Leader

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:30 AM

Yeah i am pretty sure the multiplayer is where the challenge will be, they were more keen to tell a story then actually present a challange to the player. I did really like it honestly though, but it was a dissapointment that its so easy

• D1RTYŽ likes this

GustavoMota
  • GustavoMota

Whatchu want, some wheels?

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:37 AM

IV missions were generally a lot harder, that's for sure.

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Playa

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:39 AM

The only reason IV had harder missions was the lack of a checkpoint.  You do realize this game is rated M right?  Kids should NOT be playing this game.  In fact, the ESRB needs to start using their AO title as GTA is one of those things that KIDS SHOULD NOT BE PLAYING!!!  

BenjamiSKATE
  • BenjamiSKATE

Shad

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:44 AM

The only reason IV had harder missions was the lack of a checkpoint.  You do realize this game is rated M right?  Kids should NOT be playing this game.  In fact, the ESRB needs to start using their AO title as GTA is one of those things that KIDS SHOULD NOT BE PLAYING!!!  

What the game is rated M? In Australia its rated R lol.

Marck527
  • Marck527

Peon

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:55 AM

Did you set it to free aim? I had to repeat a couple of the big missions which requires a huge shootout. I imagine it would have been a breeze if I had left it to use aim assist.
  • Sylis.coyl likes this

Lester Crest
  • Lester Crest

The Big One!

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:58 AM Edited by Lester Crest, 27 September 2013 - 04:59 AM.

Difficulty or lack thereof in single player doesn't bother me. I play for a good story.

• D1RTYŽ likes this

GustavoMota
  • GustavoMota

Whatchu want, some wheels?

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:59 AM

IV had checkpoints. Not on every mission, but it had them.

• chainsoar likes this

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:01 AM

Yeah, extremely easy.  It seems near everything is designed for hand holding, from the driving to the special abilities, etc.

• D1RTYŽ likes this

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:19 AM Edited by sultangris, 27 September 2013 - 05:20 AM.

Did you set it to free aim? I had to repeat a couple of the big missions which requires a huge shootout. I imagine it would have been a breeze if I had left it to use aim assist.

aim assist helps a little sometimes and is really nice when it works(im mainly a pc gamer and hate aiming with a stupid hard to control slippery stick on a console game) but its buggy and doesnt always work, I had it on at first but eventually shut it off because it only worked half the time and I was relying on it way to much.  In the large shootouts sometimes it worked but most times it could be right next to the guy and you press the aim button and it wouldnt lock on him or it would be locked and you hit the over button and its supposed to go to the next guy but it never would so Id let go and hit it again, still nothing, let go move over hit it again, still no lock and they would kill me cause i kept popping out of cover and not shooting back so finally i got sick of it never working and wasting time so I shut it off and just used free aim.  

thebazeman
  • thebazeman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:21 AM Edited by thebazeman, 27 September 2013 - 05:24 AM.

we all know that, although rated M or R or 18 or whatever it is in your country, kids are playing this game.

i started with GTA 2 when i was 12, maybe 13 years old... ;)

@topic: that might be true, i also think the missions are too easy. the driving sucks, the city is small, the story is short... overall 7/10

but anyway, i won't play a second SP after GTA:O is released.

loudanddumb
  • loudanddumb

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:29 AM

just because its rated M or R doesnt mean it isnt made for children...

yes the check points made it easy.. if the game didnt have these check points i think it would be more of a challenge because i would take my time thru out the whole mission and not just certain parts... 

the game is really easy but really fun.. and dont expect online to be different... 

i think people are over hyping online just like they did the game.. the game is awesome... but not greatness 

Crav3
  • Crav3

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:33 AM

I died like 6 times in Yorktown mission against the Chinese.

DocPip
  • DocPip

Trick

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:47 AM

Yeah the Trevor mission with the FIB was definitely catered towards kids....

janzdott
  • janzdott

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:50 AM

I agree.  The game was way too easy for me.  I used free aim, and never used the special abilities.  I felt that they dumbed some things down to make the game easier and appeal to the masses.  Like making the driving more arcadey, making cars practically indestructible, making the player's health regenerate etc.

That's why I made a poll asking if Rockstar should add a difficulty setting to the game.  Difficulty level could control how much health the player/enemies have, how the AI behaves, how much damage the cars take etc.  I like a challenge.  And the game wasn't challenging at all.  I guess that's what you get after years of mastering GTA haha.  But I wish they'd add a difficulty setting, so it would appeal more to people like us, not just the noobs who cant drive or shoot....

• Boxman108 likes this

DomG
  • DomG

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:54 AM

Idk man, I'm 20 and I found it pretty challenging but not too hard where I couldn't enjoy and immerse myself in the story. Plus idk how someone could say that GTA V isn't greatness......you can switch from three different characters, what more can you ask for? I'm aiming to get 100% right now. Have it all pretty much wrapped up except for the knife flights and under the bridges......I do need help with them and am new to this forum so if anyone knows of another post relating to knife flights not registering then point me in that direction. Also I've flown under every single bridge (looked at map showing all locations) didn't work (watched video and went under same ones as guy) didn't work. I have 47/50 for the bridges and yet have flown under the ones I need. If anyone else has had this problem and fixed it lemme know. Thanks for your time <3 Dom

Cyper
  • Cyper

Liberty City Lover Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:05 AM Edited by Cyper, 27 September 2013 - 07:07 AM.

In all the other Grand Theft Auto's some of the missions were challenging and often took replays. However, playing GTA 5 I progressed through the story missions quite fast and never found any mission difficult. Maybe the previous titles were harder because I was younger. Although, the missions seem watered down for children and there is even a skip mission button if you fail the mission too many times.

If you think this is true or if you think its quite difficult post a reply, i'm keen to hear!

What makes it easier is first off the low health enemies have. They really don't have much health. This is why each mission is flooded with enemies - because if there was the same amount of enemies in missions such as in GTA IV it would be way more easy. Secondly, despite the fact that you can take less bullets in GTA V, there is auto regenerating health. If you hide behind an object you'll soon regain whole 50% of the health. Third, missions seems to be more scripted. It's much more ''Do like this, go here''. For as an example: in the mission where

Spoiler

I agree fully with OP. Fact is that I often thought for myself that the amount of enemies, and sometimes the missions

Spoiler
is really childish. It made me ask the question: is this game design for kids who enjoy CoD? I have never used the special abilities. Because why would I? The game is already easy enough. If I crash in fullspeed with Franklin, so what? Nothing happens just a few scratches on the car.

PulpFiction
  • PulpFiction

Original Gangster

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:07 AM

I think some parts were kind of hard. I admit to using the skip feature a few times lol.

Saint_Dyn
  • Saint_Dyn

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:30 AM Edited by Saint_Dyn, 27 September 2013 - 07:44 AM.

This game seriously needs a difficulty setting that effects the entire game, cops actually where bullet proof vest because lets admit, taking down 1 cops with 2 bullets is impossible if he had a bullet proof vest on. They need to allow the game to be less scripted in the fact that, if you do something wrong, the game babies you by basically telling you "Go this exact direction or you fail". Plus this game gives you no "Hard" decisions to make the drastically effect the money you earn for a mission. 

Car crashes need to be updated no matter what. The fact I can get in the fastest car in the game and go 300mph down the freeway and hitting something only messes up a few tiers and hurts me just a bit... 

Or better yet, when you get on a motorcycle and you hit something going 10mph and you fall off and die... 

Seriously this game needs to be updated to be harder and more challenging 

BenjamiSKATE
  • BenjamiSKATE

Shad

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:44 AM

yes!

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:37 AM

I thought the story was great! I did, however, expect that the game would be teaching me how to get by after the story... not just dropping a load of cash on my lap then cutting me loose.

Where'd the heists go?

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:13 PM

It was easy, but then I thought IV was too, and TLAD. TBOGT took a few more replays than either them or V, but still not too tough.

If you wan't a challenge I would recommend this: turn the HUD and AA off.

Still, what game is difficult these days when you can save and replay? R* made the missions fun, which to me is more important. If they are insanely difficult and you just keep reloading until you get lucky it can get tedious.

Sylis.coyl
  • Sylis.coyl

GT: Preparation G

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:01 PM

The difficulty seemed pretty spot on to me. Some missions require a couple attempts but no so much that it breaks the pacing of the game which is important for the story. No one appreciates a story when they can't even get to the Climax *cough* Dark Souls *cough*.
Don't rely on developers to challenge you, you need to take that upon yourself and make it challenging, like the 3 heart challenge in Legend of Zelda.

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:12 PM

I just wonder how many of the people that whine its to easy actually played WITHOUT aa, or whine that its to easy when they are using the special abilities etc.

As for GTA IV being harder? It really wasn't, like others have said it simply had alot less checkpoints so it seemed harder then it was, as someone who rarely if ever had to use those checkpoints in gta iv I can tell you it really wasnt all that hard. Hell, the only somewhat difficult mission in GTA IV is the one where you have to retrive some drug package a from shell of a building, and when you get it you are locked in by massive amounts of swat.

Nothing in gta IV was anywhere near as difficult as trevors rampages in free aim.

Omar Comin
  • Omar Comin

Thug

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:14 PM

I never understood why GTA games don' have a difficulty setting.

sacra_898
  • sacra_898

stuff

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:25 PM

the only thing i found difficult was flying a plane, the heists were really easy

Kulgrim
  • Kulgrim

Prankster

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:55 PM

Theres an autoskip mission button? How many times do you have to fail for that to even come up? Beat the game twice now, working on a third time and I have never even seen this feature.

ak-4seven
  • ak-4seven

Playa

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:58 PM

Gold medals is where it's at.

l911
  • l911

ⒶⓌⒺⓈⓄⓂⒺ

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:02 PM

why people use autoaim ? it destroy the fun of shootouts and make the game very easy.

• sacra_898 likes this

TrevorPhilipsInc
  • TrevorPhilipsInc

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:41 PM

You bitches must be running out of sh*t to complain about...Now youve moved on to 'it was too easy'................

Wasnt a few of you asswipes in the 'The cops are OP' threads a while back?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users