Photo

You can still get rich after you beat the game

6 replies to this topic
janzdott
  • janzdott

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:49 AM

I read a lot of threads where people said they didn't take advantage of the stock market during the main story, and they can't make enough money to buy the golf course etc.  I saw a lot of people claim it's nearly impossible to get that kind of money if you don't exploit the stock market during the main story.  That's incorrect.

I didn't use the stock market at all, and I'm at 96% completion.  I finished the story with around $35 million per character.  Then I invested $10 million in the Bank of Liberty stock when it was down, and made $1.6 million.  That's a 16% profit.  I did the math on this... If you start with $35 million, and only make a 10% profit each time, it will only take 18 or 19 times to reach $200 million.  Sure, that's a little time consuming, but it's not that bad.  And surely not impossible.

Knowing that, all you need to do is buy a crappy stock when it's really close to it's minimum value, keep checking it, and sell when you're going to make a decent profit.  Rinse and repeat.  It does work.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:01 AM

my stock market never worked when i was playing the game, but it seems like its working now, LCN was unpredictable and never changed prices 90 percent of the time and when it did change prices my portfolio said it was going up and the market screen said it was going down so i never knew wtf was going on or which one to trust.  baswaq never moved the entire game until yesterday, lol!

janzdott
  • janzdott

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:09 AM

You're right, LCN is unpredictable and the "graph" is not correct.  It's best to ignore the graph and just look at the numbers.  It's completely random.  As long as you buy a stock when it's almost at the minimum value, it's bound to go up at least a little bit if you give it time.  I haven't tried the ballsack market yet lol

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:14 AM

You're right, LCN is unpredictable and the "graph" is not correct.  It's best to ignore the graph and just look at the numbers.  It's completely random.  As long as you buy a stock when it's almost at the minimum value, it's bound to go up at least a little bit if you give it time.  I haven't tried the ballsack market yet lol

yea but the markets page says its up and my portfolio says its down, so i never know when its up or down, or when to sell it, lol!

Wertyz
  • Wertyz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:19 AM

There should be more income when it comes to robbing stores or stealing from people, it seems that a few hundred here and there is just not enough, especially when every death with a high level of money comes out to be 5k.

janzdott
  • janzdott

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:27 AM

yea but the markets page says its up and my portfolio says its down, so i never know when its up or down, or when to sell it, lol!

Go by what the portfolio says.  The markets page will say if it's currently going up or down, but I'm not sure what time interval it uses.  The portfolio will tell you if it's gone up or down in the total time since you bought it.

There should be more income when it comes to robbing stores or stealing from people, it seems that a few hundred here and there is just not enough, especially when every death with a high level of money comes out to be 5k.

I think robbing stores should yield a little more money.  I usually get around $500 - $1000.  Kinda sucks.  It would be cool if you could rob the store's safe.  One store had a safe in the back room.  I tried blowing it open with a sticky bomb with no success.

It would be kinda cool if you could rob banks, aside from the heists.  

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:30 AM

my markets page says its up, but porfolio says its down and the numbers dont match.  it seems eratic but somoene said it updates every 30 seconds. i guess the portfolio should be the accurate one, but it pisses me off when the market says its up and the part that should pay me says im losing money, lol!  thanks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users