» «
Photo

As soon as you start having fun, you die or are forced to stop

81 replies to this topic
bicycles?
  • bicycles?

Peon

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:43 AM Edited by bicycles?, 27 September 2013 - 02:45 AM.

I'm talking about freeplay fun, not missions or aesthetic crap like car/clothes upgrades or watching the in-game entertainment.

The cars handle more like bikes in the air than bicycles do. I have zero motivation or interest to drive anywhere in the game if it's more than a few blocks away, or if I'm near wilderness...

So hitting jumps in cars is fun, but if it's not a designated stunt jump they flip through the air like skateboards and after 1-3 crashes they all but stop rolling.

Ok, the bicycles can be fun too, but you die after one good crash, or 2-4 regular ones. You die if you stumble off of something that's 'too high,' which is easy, because the controls are f*cking terrible. Spend an hour finding something fun to ride, spend 30 seconds on it, die, and you're back at the hospital with $5000 less. This isn't fun, and most of it isn't at all realistic. The controls also make it easy to bump into pedestrians, which means wanted level, which means stopping what you're doing [having fun] to run/hide for a few minutes. 

The police chases are fun so long as you can keep moving or find cover. Too bad there's no crouch button, you can only cover on predesignated objects, and the cars are stopped in their tracks or damaged beyond driving so easily. The omnipresent police aren't fun either.

So many more examples, so many threads like this... yet people are still praising it as a perfect, 10/10 masterpiece. BS.

I'm not going to take the game back to gamestop for a fraction of what I paid for it, and I'm certainly never going to connect to psn or any of rockstar's online services...

I guess I'm just out 60 bucks. It's just so disheartening seeing people defend the company...

• infidel74, RPhilMan1, C4-_-GIBBfather and 1 other like this

H0WITZER
  • H0WITZER

One Sexy F*ck

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:46 AM

I'm talking about freeplay fun, not missions or aesthetic crap like car/clothes upgrades or watching the in-game entertainment.

The cars handle more like bikes in the air than bicycles do. I have zero motivation or interest to drive anywhere in the game if it's more than a few blocks away, or if I'm near wilderness...

So hitting jumps in cars is fun, but if it's not a designated stunt jump they flip through the air like skateboards and after 1-3 crashes they all but stop rolling.

Ok, the bicycles can be fun too, but you die after one good crash, or 2-4 regular ones. You die if you stumble off of something that's 'too high,' which is easy, because the controls are f*cking terrible. Spend an hour finding something fun to ride, spend 30 seconds on it, die, and you're back at the hospital with $5000 less. This isn't fun, and most of it isn't at all realistic. The controls also make it easy to bump into pedestrians, which means wanted level, which means stopping what you're doing [having fun] to run/hide for a few minutes. 

The police chases are fun so long as you can keep moving or find cover. Too bad there's no crouch button, you can only cover on predesignated objects, and the cars are stopped in their tracks or damaged beyond driving so easily. The omnipresent police aren't fun either.

So many more examples, so many threads like this... yet people are still praising it as a perfect, 10/10 masterpiece. BS.

I'm not going to take the game back to gamestop for a fraction of what I paid for it, and I'm certainly never going to connect to psn or any of rockstar's online services...

I guess I'm just out 60 bucks. It's just so disheartening seeing people defend the company...

are you done?

• EyeMacHunt, undrtow218, 92jani and 1 other like this

Eddie_1100
  • Eddie_1100

In the deep end

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:52 AM

can we just merge all these threads?

• Laggard likes this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:54 AM

Well I can have fun just driving and since nothing stops me why the hell should I care about this thread.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:58 AM

Well I can have fun just driving and since nothing stops me why the hell should I care about this thread.

I dont know, why do you care about this thread? you saw it, clicked it, read it, and replied to it, what made you care about it enough to do that?

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:59 AM

can we just merge all these threads?

I wish, but that would be a full time job for about 50 people on this forum, haha!

kartel8
  • kartel8

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:25 AM

Oh get of rockstars cocks

MasterToothDecayer
  • MasterToothDecayer

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:30 AM

Translation: I didn't like the game, so no one should like the game.

• EyeMacHunt, Android, kartel8 and 2 others like this

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:31 AM

Translation: I like the game so everyone should like the game.

You are wrong and your logic is invalid.

kartel8
  • kartel8

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:32 AM

kartel8
  • kartel8

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:34 AM

Translation: This game is the best I wanna suck rockstars cock

bicycles?
  • bicycles?

Peon

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:36 AM Edited by bicycles?, 27 September 2013 - 03:37 AM.

No, I'm upset that people are actively trying to suppress valid complaints. How is an offline player ever supposed to get an actual complete/finished product if so many people keep acting like there's nothing wrong, or that what is wrong can just be fixed online?

MasterToothDecayer
  • MasterToothDecayer

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:44 AM Edited by MasterToothDecayer, 27 September 2013 - 03:45 AM.

Translation: Everyone is wrong and I am right.

Just because you suck at the game doesn't mean the game sucks. I can drive like a pro, and my modded Comet slides just enough to make it interesting. I don't ride the bikes much, but if you're jumping off cliffs or buildings, yeah, you're gonna get hurt. I jumped off about a 20ft wall a little bit ago and only got hurt a tad, but hey, the controls suck, right? It's not player error or anything. $5000 isn't sh*t once you finish the story or own one or two businesses, and there are a lot of hospitals to spawn at. I've never had to stop what I'm doing to escape the police. One or two stars is easy to escape without hiding, you just have to run/ride/swim/drive/fly and avoid the cops for a minute. The "omni-present" police make sense considering it's a major city, and, once again, they are not hard to lose, even with four or five stars, as long as you've got a car or motorcycle and are not driving down major roads or the freeway. I wish there were a crouch button too, but the cover system works just fine for me. It's smart to move around and avoid staying in one place for too long, the police actually do start to surround you. Stay in one place too long and it is pretty much impossible to get out. It's almost like you have to be tactical about the police or something.

TLDR; Learn to play the game. I'd be the first to say that Grand Theft Auto V isn't perfect, but it's a hell of a lot more fun than you serial complainers and entitled crybabies make it out to be.

• funbus and Scoobroid like this

BenjamiSKATE
  • BenjamiSKATE

Shad

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:50 AM

Just because you suck at the game doesn't mean the game sucks. I can drive like a pro, and my modded Comet slides just enough to make it interesting. I don't ride the bikes much, but if you're jumping off cliffs or buildings, yeah, you're gonna get hurt. I jumped off about a 20ft wall a little bit ago and only got hurt a tad, but hey, the controls suck, right? It's not player error or anything. $5000 isn't sh*t once you finish the story or own one or two businesses, and there are a lot of hospitals to spawn at. I've never had to stop what I'm doing to escape the police. One or two stars is easy to escape without hiding, you just have to run/ride/swim/drive/fly and avoid the cops for a minute. The "omni-present" police make sense considering it's a major city, and, once again, they are not hard to lose, even with four or five stars, as long as you've got a car or motorcycle and are not driving down major roads or the freeway. I wish there were a crouch button too, but the cover system works just fine for me. It's smart to move around and avoid staying in one place for too long, the police actually do start to surround you. Stay in one place too long and it is pretty much impossible to get out. It's almost like you have to be tactical about the police or something.

TLDR; Learn to play the game. I'd be the first to say that Grand Theft Auto V isn't perfect, but it's a hell of a lot more fun than you serial complainers and entitled crybabies make it out to be.

You my friend are what society dubs as "narrow-minded" and you most likely self indulge in materialistic ideals and bourgeois beliefs. Have fun believing everything the media throws down your throat, you peasant. 

bicycles?
  • bicycles?

Peon

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:53 AM Edited by bicycles?, 27 September 2013 - 03:55 AM.

You can get good at playing something with sh*tty controls. It doesn't feel good at all though if you've played games that feel better/actually tried.

i'm not talking about dying from falling off of cliffs or buildings, I'm talking about running into a mailbox and losing half your health, or falling off of something ~15 feet high and dying.

You say 5000 is nothing once you beat the story/if you play the stocks. I don't want to do either of those things, I want to have funn messing around, and in this game "there's no messing around." And I don't even have the option to play the important Lester-related stocks in the first place, since I'm playing without an internet connection. That's horsesh*t.

You have no idea what you're talking about, you're just reacting to somebody saying stuff you don't want to hear about a game you're still fawning over.

You're good with the controls, we get it. That doesn't have any bearing on whether or not the controls are actually good.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:54 AM Edited by sultangris, 27 September 2013 - 03:55 AM.

I can drive like a pro

I should hope so, its super f*cking easy,  A semi retarded chimp could drive like a pro in this game, lol!  The cops are easy to get away from, maybe even too easy.  However the fun part of GTA games are not getting away from the cops and hiding in a bush for 5 minutes or watching the cones on the mini map and turning a corner when the next cop spawns in front of you on the road you are on and waiting for the star to go away, the fun part is driving around in different cars that drive differently and actually get damaged when you crash so you have to jack another one and leading the police on high speed chases and having long firefights with them across the whole map for 20 minutes or however long you want.  Maybe you will figure it out when you hit puberty. 

• ClareXoBearrx3 likes this

Ansteven
  • Ansteven

GTA

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:27 AM

No, I'm upset that people are actively trying to suppress valid complaints. How is an offline player ever supposed to get an actual complete/finished product if so many people keep acting like there's nothing wrong, or that what is wrong can just be fixed online?

I feel the same way, its basically half ass'ed. I love it but free roam/ once your done the games story. The activities arent GTAutoish, yoga anyone? and this title adds nothing new to the series besides the switching between the 3 protags. I would rate it a 8/10 not perfect but good. Had this not been a rockstar game maybe it would of got a 9.5/10 but this is R* guys.

Ansteven
  • Ansteven

GTA

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:33 AM

I feel the same way, its basically half ass'ed. I love it but free roam/ once your done the games story. The activities arent GTAutoish, yoga anyone? and this title adds nothing new to the series besides the switching between the 3 protags. I would rate it a 8/10 not perfect but good. Had this not been a rockstar game maybe it would of got a 9.5/10 but this is R* guys.

And like I said in another post, What will happen to the people who brought this game that doesnt have internet connections its a half game thats all.... sad they wont even be able to download the vehicle patch.

Lester Crest
  • Lester Crest

The Big One!

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:37 AM Edited by Lester Crest, 27 September 2013 - 04:39 AM.

didnt-read.gif

• Lagful and Sylis.coyl like this

NukethewhalesMO
  • NukethewhalesMO

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:04 AM

"People have different opinions than I do, that makes them stupid!"

That's basically how your post reads in a fraction of the size.

• Scoobroid likes this

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:19 AM

"People have different opinions than I do, that makes them stupid!"

That's basically how your post reads in a fraction of the size.

People who havent played previous GTA games to their full potential dont realize how dumbed down and easy and missing content this version is compared the the previous games. They apparently dont understand that the the free roaming aspect of the game and the things you can do there are the best part of the GTA experience and the reason everyone loves it.  The story missions are fun, sure, but that takes you all of a week to beat, if that.  The real fun is playing for months afterwards free roaming the map doing whatever you want and having tons of fun.  They obviously dont understand how broken the police AI in this game is and how that detracts from the fun of free roaming.  They dont understand how cars that barely get damaged arent fun to drive because they lack skills to drive without crashing and they dont understand that skilled players like there to be consequences when they screw up.  It makes you become a better player and gain more enjoyment out of playing.   All they do is talk smack about how perfect the game is because they really dont know or understand what they are missing because they are only thinking about passing the missions and then throwing the game away and moving on to the next game.  They just dont seem to understand why anyone would want to play a game after they beat it.  So they call people stupid for posting complaints about the problems in this game that are obvious to skilled long time fans of the gta series.  And really your post sums it up perfectly, all of the little kids calling people names for posting about the problems in the game are acting exactly like that, lol! 

Lagful
  • Lagful

Certified Fresh

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:19 AM Edited by Lagful, 27 September 2013 - 06:21 AM.

c8a.gif

• Sylis.coyl and Scoobroid like this

Aesthetic
  • Aesthetic

Bodybuilder

• BUSTED!
  • Australia

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:32 AM

I will admit that R* screwed a bit of this game up, One thing that really made me mad was that they made the Rhino tank into an absolute piece of sh*t, Any car you crush with a tank or Tonka truck is a guaranteed death. there's a reason I lasted with GTA SA for 3 years +. I don't see that happening with V unless Online will be worth it. 

• Kent_Paul_Jnr likes this

ZombCreations
  • ZombCreations

Playa

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:38 AM

Online is the future of gaming whether you like it or not. Look at the next gen games for example, a good njmber of the release games are focused mainly on online stuff.

Macca93
  • Macca93

Leeds United

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:54 AM

So you haven't got your moneys worth? Really sick of these threads popping up so often, don't like it gtfo.

• EyeMacHunt and Sylis.coyl like this

bicycles?
  • bicycles?

Peon

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:04 AM Edited by bicycles?, 27 September 2013 - 09:06 AM.

no I absolutely haven't "gotten my money's worth."

Sure it's taken up plenty of my time, but it's brought out way more frustration, dissapointment, and awe at how [seemingly deliberately] bad it is, than it has any joy or amusement.

I never would've paid [or stood in line, for shame] for this if I had gotten to play it beforehand.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:49 AM

I will admit that R* screwed a bit of this game up, One thing that really made me mad was that they made the Rhino tank into an absolute piece of sh*t, Any car you crush with a tank or Tonka truck is a guaranteed death. there's a reason I lasted with GTA SA for 3 years +. I don't see that happening with V unless Online will be worth it. 

yea I was just recently playing around with the tank, what a joke!  Small arms easily kills it.  Thats pretty pathetic.  They definitely dropped the ball hard on this game, its nowhere near as good as previous gta titles with way more bugs and missing tons of stuff it should have.  Hopefully a patch will be coming soon.

• C4-_-GIBBfather likes this

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:05 AM

FFS bicycles you are already know about the complaints thread, why the f*ck did you need to start another thread to complain?

Don't your parents pay you enough attention?

• Sylis.coyl and Scoobroid like this

bicycles?
  • bicycles?

Peon

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:58 AM Edited by bicycles?, 27 September 2013 - 11:02 AM.

I just played for around fifteen minutes. Probably less.

I went from running around thinking of what to do, to swerving a car around, to riding a motorcycle.

I just started getting into the mode of turns and smooth landings, when I jumped from a high peak, to a low hillside road. And died. Just started having fun, and died.

If convertibles with their top down can roll around/flip over on their back like turtles without visibly damaging the car or driver, I should be able to land a f*cking big smooth jump from a mountain to a downhill road.

They've had a decade to get bikes right... and nothing

the game is still paused in the other room. I got up and away from it to post this.

Decoy618
  • Decoy618

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:34 AM

Bro stfu I have seen you all over these boards crying like a little girl and now you start a whole new thread about you bitching even more. If you don't like the damn game don't play it!!!!!!!!!!! Stop coming on here every single day and complaining about it and starting new threads complaining about it. Seriously do you not get any attention from anyone in real life? Is that why you come on here? To cry and hopefully get attention? What a loser you are.
  • EyeMacHunt, kartel8 and Sylis.coyl like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users