Dedicated Servers? Australian Servers?

15 replies to this topic
Førsaken
  • Førsaken

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:33 AM

Hi Guys,

I have been searching everywhere and can't pin point whether or not GTA V is going to have dedicated servers for GTA Online, or if it is still player hosted.

I have found alot of speculation, which i guess may be all that exists at this stage, though not real sure.

Also, will there be Australian servers? , if not player hosted would be much better for us

Any other Aussies or indeed anyone wondering the same thing? if us Aussies have to play on US dedicated servers i don't think i will bother with GTA O at all, which would be a real shame.

Mason27
  • Mason27

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:49 AM

Australia didn't ban it?  Wow.

Førsaken
  • Førsaken

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:54 AM

Australia now has R18+ ratings on games, since Jan this year, so FINALLY we all good on that front lol

• Mason27 likes this

Førsaken
  • Førsaken

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:48 AM

bumpasauras rex

Scumbaggah
  • Scumbaggah

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:55 AM

You don't pick your severs, It automatically puts you in servers with the best connection.

Førsaken
  • Førsaken

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:01 AM

You don't pick your severs, It automatically puts you in servers with the best connection.

I understand that, though my question is are dedicated servers going to exist, and if so, where will they be located?

Scumbaggah
  • Scumbaggah

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:03 AM

Lol, It's the biggest game of the year. Of course they are going to have servers for Australia...

Førsaken
  • Førsaken

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:33 AM

Lol, It's the biggest game of the year. Of course they are going to have servers for Australia...

rofl, you still are not getting it.

Sure Australians will be able to play GTA O, though the servers will more than likely be located in the US, basically destroying the whole of GTA O for us.....

This is why i am trying to locate some more info on the subject, though it looks like i am better off just waiting.

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:44 AM

Only thing i know is that they're adding more Servers to prepare for Launch

http://www.eurogamer...-onlines-launch

SantosGTA
  • SantosGTA

Los Santos

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:52 AM

Here in New Zealand which is right next to Australia I got disconnected from GTA 4 in 70% of servers I joined....

• CK887 likes this

AusDingo
  • AusDingo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:45 AM

Australia now has R18+ ratings on games, since Jan this year, so FINALLY we all good on that front lol

Then they ban State Of Decay for extra couple months. Developers remade that just for Australia

Wildfire_08
  • Wildfire_08

Who cares

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:53 AM

rofl, you still are not getting it.

Sure Australians will be able to play GTA O, though the servers will more than likely be located in the US, basically destroying the whole of GTA O for us.....

This is why i am trying to locate some more info on the subject, though it looks like i am better off just waiting.

I was wondering this myself, im not an aussie but most games i go on, the aussies get bumped onto our servers (EU). Very rare i see aussies gettin put on the US servers to be honest, and even rarer that they have their own dedicated servers haha.

I would honestly just expect to get thrown onto EU servers with the pommies and thousands of cheating spaniards, then if you do get your own servers, its a bonus.

GTA_Girl84
  • GTA_Girl84

Prankster

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:15 AM

OP I too have wondered the same thing.

007_eleven
  • 007_eleven

The 80's are never over!

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:35 AM

I'm Australian and yes GTA IV was a little bit laggy but I had few problems with U.S servers, you should do a speed test, your internet is most likely poor, no quality NBN for us either, thanks Tony :p

I'm more interested in release times, is it our 2nd of October due to time zones? Not that it'll matter, i'm guessing all the servers will crash as millions try to play.

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:38 AM

apparently it is the 2nd in aus

zxyxzy
  • zxyxzy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:49 AM Edited by zxyxzy, 30 September 2013 - 10:49 AM.

Perhaps the matchmaking servers will be located US, but the actual game servers themselves will be peer to peer based?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users