Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA V is the last GTA game confirmed by Rockstar!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
80 replies to this topic
Sting4S
  • Sting4S

/ / / / / AMG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:43 AM Edited by StingrayX, 27 September 2013 - 11:44 AM.

They already care more about Online and money than anything else. You all are surprised. They're turning into greedy bastards.

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:45 AM

Thats the reason why theres several years between every GTA.

But i dont understand Rockstar Games. GTA is the game they make the most money with, yet they focus on other games.

EQUIN0X
  • EQUIN0X

Of The Coming Ĉon

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:51 AM Edited by EQUIN0X, 27 September 2013 - 11:59 AM.

Dude, these guys just spent 5 grueling years making V, their biggest game yet, and blew their entire load on it. Like everything they had. They just want to take a long break from GTA for a while and work on other projects. If I where them and I spent years and years developing GTA hours on end, I'd be tired of discussing and planning another too.
They're not done with the series, just taking a break.

Not to mention they're most likely working on GTA Online.

GTA V, aside from some small issues, is pretty much one of the greatest games I've ever played and is everything I expected it to be. I just beat it a few days ago and I'm still exploring.

So let them rest, after 5 years of working on this, I'd say they've earned it.

On an unrelated note,

Spoiler

My bad, Mikey. :whistle:

EDIT: Lmfao, Tracy just texted, after I left,

Spoiler

So yeah apparently

Spoiler
is seriously uncool.

Osho
  • Osho

The Jackal

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:56 AM

GTA V is the last GTA game confirmed by Rockstar! 

Depends on the GTAO. Very likely, GTA 6 ends up a  team-based multiplayer game. I take this seriously because Rockstar has a dream of creating a GTA as equal to a big world  taking the game to a

whole new level.

and the only way possible is  to create a sub-genre of GTA discrete from single player and focusing over team-play, abilities and controlling the protagnist through an RTS-style mode.

If GTAO is well received than ? well time will come for the ultimate truth!

TheIllaDopest
  • TheIllaDopest

The Blunt Master Messiah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:08 PM

Red Dead Redemption 2?!?! LMAO!!!

Fyttirakkern
  • Fyttirakkern

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:10 PM

And you sir, are an idiot!

Do you expect the crew at Rockstar to start on a new GTA game after 5 years of developing this? And they don't have released GTA Online yet...

I imagine that planning of a new game in the series takes months, but maybe try to think for yourselves next time?

mdudee2072
  • mdudee2072

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:18 PM

to be fair,houser did say that this is probably the last GTA game he works on

JohnGazman
  • JohnGazman

We Heistin'

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:19 PM

They already care more about Online and money than anything else. You all are surprised. They're turning into greedy bastards.

Online gaming probably represents the future so it's not greed, simply good business accumen.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

/ / / / / AMG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:37 PM

Online gaming probably represents the future so it's not greed, simply good business accumen.

Yeah it is the future and it sucks. Not going to lie but I still want SP to be focussed on too. If most games become just Online in the future then I can see myself and gaming becoming distant.

• John Smith likes this

damian001
  • damian001

Vice City fanboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:48 PM Edited by damian001, 27 September 2013 - 12:48 PM.

They already said the same thing after GTA IV and its expansions came out... It basically means they're not gonna make a GTA every year like they do with Call of Duty.. The last time they did anything similar to that was when they released GTA III, Vice City, and San Andreas within 3 years.

Now we're only seeing one GTA game every 5 years? 

poff
  • poff

Squid

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:52 PM

There are even grammar mistakes in there -_- just post the source.

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:53 PM

Not this again?

:facedesk: 

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:58 PM

Yeah it is the future and it sucks. Not going to lie but I still want SP to be focussed on too. If most games become just Online in the future then I can see myself and gaming becoming distant.

Exactly.

Gaming is being ruined by the 'coll of dooty' generation of kids who are incapable of appreciating good SP campaigns and storylines, and only care about going online to.."run arouhdz bloing up my frendzz"....

Myrskalle
  • Myrskalle

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:03 PM

to be fair,houser did say that this is probably the last GTA game he works on

No.He.Did.Not

djv3n0m
  • djv3n0m

Bumboclaaaat !!!

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:12 PM

Yeah the last one on current gen.....  BTW this game is two weeks old and you guys already speculating on GTA6 lol , give the devs a break 

TheTruthOnly
  • TheTruthOnly

Thug

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:15 PM

They started working on GTA V in mid-2009, that's a year after IV release. Probably it will be same with next GTA.

Cuban800
  • Cuban800

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:22 PM Edited by Cuban800, 27 September 2013 - 01:41 PM.

The stupidity...

TIMSTER777
  • TIMSTER777

"Dude you gotta try hoagies man"

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:30 PM

Can someone please tell me why the f*ck this thread has gone unto 3 pages? What the f*ck...

iwilleatyou#5
  • iwilleatyou#5

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:51 PM

so i been reading this article about how rockstar is alot into this new next gen hardware that coming out. but they are not thinking of continuing the gta franshise on it and how it will look on next gen consoles.

Of course we’re interested, but no, not in terms of GTA, because we’re always working on the current game,” Houser said. “e look at the tech at a more practical level: what will be ready for which game that we’re working on further down the line. We don’t have another GTA in development, we don’t work on three of these games at a time. That would be phenomenally depressing.

so basicly rockstar is currently busy making other games for the next gen consoles but they are not going to be GTA i might think they are probably working on some other free open world games, probably set in some other countries. some people were saying that they are going to make red dead redemption 2, but i dont really that. because red dead redemption was simple a tale about this cow boy john marston. the game ended pretty much when. industrial era hit the old west, making it no longer an old west. bully 2 is another we might think that rockstar might make. but there hasent been word about it since it came out. so i doubt we will see another sequel.

lol.gif

Bomberlegend
  • Bomberlegend

Seeing through the bullsh*t

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:53 PM

I am actually willing to put money on the fact they have already started GTA VI. 

• rere1love likes this

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:54 PM

I don't see where they say this is the last GTA.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users