Photo

This is the worst GTA yet...

137 replies to this topic
Johan
  • Johan

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:11 PM

I won't disagree since it's your opinion, but I can honestly say this game wasn't as great as I expected lol. I seriously wonder where that money went into the game because the soundtrack is terrible, graphics are perfect but the game is too short and the physics are a huge downgrade from IV and RDR

Succinct and concise.  I think a fair fraction of hardcore GTA fans wonder the same thing.  I do.  But I'm still going to have a lot of fun with it.  I have had to adjust a bit to each new GTA game that came along (and RDR), but end up playing them for a long time. 

I mean definitely dude! Sure it's not as great as I thought but that won't stop me from playing it and Online next week!  :r*:

Tyg0903
  • Tyg0903

I build war machines for the greatest nation

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:15 PM

Hey op take a dick and shove it in that open mouth of yours you idiot. This game is f*cking amazing.

edenney01
  • edenney01

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:15 PM Edited by edenney01, 27 September 2013 - 08:18 PM.

Most of what the Op says I disagree with, though he's entitled to his (premature) opinion as we all are, but I do agree on a couple points and definitely have some gripes of my own about GTA V, along with some praise.

On the down side:

• The game is severely lacking in interiors.  Aside from Ammunations, there are only a few other buildings you can enter in the entire game.  GTA San Andreas and GTA IV had a lot more interiors.  I was definitely expecting it to be the other way around, with more interiors being an attraction of GTA V.
  • Most of the past times that have been consistently around for just about all of the GTA games are now gone, including Ambulance missions, Police car missions (Vigilante mode), and Fire truck missions.  These activities provided much of the single-player entertainment once the game was finished, as well as fun diversions during the game.  Golf and tennis are hardly replacements for those activities, and get very boring after a game or two of each.
  • Getting consistently screwed out of payment on mission after mission after mission, and on most of the heists, got very irritating after a while, and made the game somewhat boring and repetitive for me.  Getting ripped off or stiffed 90% of the time is just a little much.  I imagine like most players, after completing the first heist and raking in a pretty substantial take for each character, and after seeing some of the prices on the few properties you can purchase, I was expecting to make pretty big money throughout the course of the game.
  • There's very little to do with the money once you finally get it. There are only a few properties, which usually take 100+ weeks to return the investment much less make anything, most of the cars you can purchase can fairly easily be found around town, you can VERY easily steal any of the watercraft and put them in your dock, and most of the aircraft in the game are just sitting around the airport for you to get into and fly.
  • One of the few fun and challenging things to do by yourself in story mode, which are the street and off road races, they've only included a few of in the game.  With such a huge map to work with, why wouldn't they spend a day or two creating 20 or 30 races all over the map?  From a developer standpoint I'm sure it's VERY easy for them to add a race.  The seadoo races are very boring and aren't much fun, so 4 of them is plenty, but for a driving themed game, I expected and would've liked a lot more street races, including racing through winding mountain roads.
  • More rampages would've been fun, in more diverse settings, and having them for each character.  Not a huge complaint, but again it would've been so easy to add, and everybody likes going on a rampage and killing everything in sight once in a while.
  • You can't interact with any of the random AI people in the game without them either running away or trying to fight with you.  You can't just walk up to someone and hang out, or talk to them.  if you press the right d-pad button, it always taunts any nearby AI and provokes a fight, or they flee.  Heck, if you even stop next to someone with a cell phone in your car or on foot, they call the police on you.  It would be nice if you could interact and participate a little more in the AI world, and it would make it feel more realistic.
  • You can't steal the train!  In a game where you can steal virtually every single vehicle you can find, and considering that you could steal the train in GTA San Andreas, why in the heck would they make it so you couldn't steal the train in GTA V??   
  • In general, the game is just VERY boring once you complete the main storyline.  Yeah, GTA Online should provide continued entertainment with the game, if and when it gets here, but there used to be so much more to do in the single player world once you finished the main missions.  The lack of interiors, the bars and restaurants you can't walk into vs. GTA IV, games you can't play (can't even play the video games you find around the map anymore) the side missions I mentioned up above which are now missing, etc., just kill the game once you're done.  You're pretty much left with a couple boring sports, lots of aimless driving, killing and blowing stuff up (it gets old pretty fast), and spending countless hours looking for scraps of paper or UFO parts etc..   

On the plus side:

• Personally I like the new driving physics, though they did take some getting used to
  • The environment and weather is absolutely stunning, and incredibly realistic.  I'm particularly impressed with water in this game, how it looks, and how it interacts with the environment.  Water actually flows, and moves objects such as the player downstream if you're in a river.  Out in the ocean, the strength and the size of waves vary depending on the environment and the weather, and it even splashes up in the air when it crashes against rocks.  Very impressive compared with all previous versions and other current games.  
  • There's a lot of diversity with the random AI characters roaming the map.
  • The missions and heists are better than all previous versions.
  • You can fly or drive almost every vehicle you find in the game, including being able to steal every vehicle and aircraft from the military base (most with great difficulty).
  • Very impressed with the crash physics of the vehicles.  Minor scuffs and scrapes, look like minor scuffs and scrapes.  Clearly they spent a lot of time trying to make this area of the game as realistic as possible.
  • I'm a pro-rated skydiver with almost 700 jumps, and the skydiving physics are the most realistic in any game I've played by far, both in freefall and under canopy.  Bugs the hell out of me though when they show a rig on the player that doesn't even have leg straps, which is an absolute necessity for any skydiving rig (some of the rigs in the game do, but most just buckle on like a modified backpack)
  • Obviously the graphics are improved across the board, from the vehicles to the players to the AI characters, and of course the environment. Overall, very impressive.

I'm sure there are other things I could praise and gripe about, but those are most of them.  In general I definitely enjoyed the game, but once I finished the storyline, I was pretty much done with it.  Sad to say, but trying to make some money with the stock market is about the only thing I like to do now.

• Deadly Target and Johan like this

WitchHunter Neo
  • WitchHunter Neo

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:34 PM

I've loved every GTA game since the first one and each one has brought something new other the others, even in the PS2 era. GTA 3 just amazed me as it was an open world in 3D, VC amazed me with the setting and the music and SA amazed me with the size and more importantly the online mods. GTA 4 came out and amazed me because it was the first HD GTA, had a great story, the physics were amazing etc etc...

GTA V however just bores me, I'm 17 hours in and I'm done, though tbh I was done 10 hours ago. I bought the game on the launch day and I've struggled to want to play it. My friends reflect my opinion, we were all so excited and none of them played after day 2 and none of us have any plans to return for the online... they missed the boat for that. It's really the first GTA that hasn't done anything new or amazing...

- The driving physics suck over 4.

- Car damage sucks

- Take too much damage

- The world is boring, feels generic 

- lack of interiors (This game has less interiors and things to do than 4)

- The story sucks

- The characters suck

- Boring missions

etc etc..

I can come up with so many faults in the game that make me not like it over 4 or previous games and I'm just bored with the rest of the game, even the radios suck.... The game isn't funny, just f*cking boring and doesn't feel like a GTA game, it's like a B team made it and the map feels so tiny, they claim it's massive but I can travel to each end in 5 mins :\ SA has a much better map..

Such a let down, it's an even bigger disappointment to me than Max Payne 3 last year... like Rockstar have just out done Blizzard and Bioware in biggest disappointments ever, GTA V is number on for me. I just cannot help but feel what if this was a PC exclusive? 

Nope.

Deba515
  • Deba515

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:37 PM

I've loved every GTA game since the first one and each one has brought something new other the others, even in the PS2 era. GTA 3 just amazed me as it was an open world in 3D, VC amazed me with the setting and the music and SA amazed me with the size and more importantly the online mods. GTA 4 came out and amazed me because it was the first HD GTA, had a great story, the physics were amazing etc etc...

GTA V however just bores me, I'm 17 hours in and I'm done, though tbh I was done 10 hours ago. I bought the game on the launch day and I've struggled to want to play it. My friends reflect my opinion, we were all so excited and none of them played after day 2 and none of us have any plans to return for the online... they missed the boat for that. It's really the first GTA that hasn't done anything new or amazing...

- Car damage sucks

- Take too much damage

- The story sucks

- The characters suck

- Boring missions

etc etc..

I can come up with so many faults in the game that make me not like it over 4 or previous games and I'm just bored with the rest of the game, even the radios suck.... The game isn't funny, just f*cking boring and doesn't feel like a GTA game, it's like a B team made it and the map feels so tiny, they claim it's massive but I can travel to each end in 5 mins :\ SA has a much better map..

Such a let down, it's an even bigger disappointment to me than Max Payne 3 last year... like Rockstar have just out done Blizzard and Bioware in biggest disappointments ever, GTA V is number on for me. I just cannot help but feel what if this was a PC exclusive? 

Yes as soon as you mentioned boring missions confirmed that you are a TROLL!!!

LzInFaMouSzL
  • LzInFaMouSzL

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:53 PM

I don't think it's the worst GTA yet, but it's def not legendary like III, Vice City, or San Andreas.

IV was f*cking garbage & Niko Bellic is the worst protag ever.

V should've been way better w/ the amount of time & $ R* put into the game, they didn't do that great of a job. I'd give V a 7.5/10 until they patch a few things, especially the Police.

theiceman13
  • theiceman13

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:16 PM

Your moaning because of not enough heists when gta iv only had 1 lol and i say gta v is the best in the series as its full of suprises and explosive missions, it has the realism of gta iv combined with the bizarre fun but not ott like the stupid saints row.

FireBallz21
  • FireBallz21

The Ultimate Question: Doctor Who?

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:18 PM

Worst than GTA Advance? Seems legit.

SledgeHammer87
  • SledgeHammer87

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:38 PM

gotta agree with the op. i just finished the game and i am dissapointed. before gta 5 came out I replayed gta 4 for the third time and I think 4 had a waaaaay better story and better characters

johncs154
  • johncs154

Thug

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:41 PM

I can only agree with car damage here.. The car damage does vary between vehicles but it is tuned down way to much for IV. Driving on the opposite side of the freeway and hitting a car head on at full speed is a perfect example of this. Both cars are barely damaged at all Hood damage should be more visible. I have seen 20mph fender benders with worse damage. I do like how the wheel falls off the other car on occasion though.

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:04 AM

@edenny01

Where do you jump at? SoCal skydiver here. I'm also hold a pro, and a couple other ratings and I gotta say I'm not too impressed with the skydiving, although I didn't expect to be. I brought up legstraps in the Aviation thread from a couple years back. They do something kind of like leg straps when Frank meets Dom, but if you look closely it's 2 separate pieces and just looks weird if you know what you are looking at.

Not to mention pulling down on both toggles causes the canopy to...dive? Trimming the canopy to increase glide doesn't work. But I've had a lot of fun swooping with the improved dive the canopies have now.

AlmightyHabbib
  • AlmightyHabbib

Snitch

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:24 AM

- Car damage sucks

- Take too much damage

- The story sucks

- The characters suck

- Boring missions

etc etc..

Well that's your opinion and all, but your expectation might've not been realistic, I think you should move your hype to PS5 and X2 era.

-The driving physics, many people enjoy, and they are definitely better than SA, VC or III. -Why the worst GTA?
-Car Damage, is there and has the same amount of damage, the cars only take it slower, and is better than SA, VC or III - Worst GTA?
-Take too much damage, depends, land on a fuel tank and that's it, also a good thing, since AI's shooting is much better.
-Generic World, now that's bullsh*t, no copy or paste, city feels lively, as does the countryside, unlike IV only grey grey city, or liveless countryside of SA, or Generic towns of VC and III - Why the worst GTA?
-Lack of interiors, it may be so in SP. Though still better than SA(super generic and empty) or VC(almost none) or III(pretty much none) - Again the worst GTA? Ever?
-Story is a thing of perspective, but for the fact, the characters and their friends/family are well developed, their dialog is written very cleverly, and there are moments when you feel surprised, the game even makes you care for Trevor. An improvement of a single character of IV, and a marginal improvement in dialog and cutscene work from SA, VC and III - Still Worst GTA EVER?
-The characters suck? But Franklin and Michael are rather similar of past characters of GTA's, street hustler, mafioso? And trevor well he is a character that has been long needed, that represents all the crazyness that the players get up to in other GTA's. So the fact that there are 3 playable characters in a bound together storyline is an improvement from IV Sa VC and 3 - But still again, worst GTA in the last what 15 years?
-Boring Missions, I dare to disagree, it may be not to your taste, but they constantly introduce new gameplay mechanics, new things, new ways of doing stuff, in comparison to IV or VC or III missions which were kill someone, escape the cops and get back, or take someone home, there were a number of exceptional ones, but only SA had the most varied missions alongside V - So the worst one? Seriously dawg?

etc? What etc?

The game's not funny enough, listen to talk radios, watch TV, read adverts on billboards and streets, hell play as Trevor, Dive onto a prostitute from a roof of a house, humor is a matter of opinion, so fair enough, but it is there, and it has clever observations and parodies of modern societies obsessions. 

Map size a problem? It's huge, in comparison to other GTA's, GTA:SA had biggest map until V, and in it, you could see los santos from las venturas, it is nowhere near the size of V, though it creates an illusion because of different cities and different architecture, geography, but it is not that big, V though, map is big, not just cause 2 kind of big, but big, and detailed, very very detailed, unlike just cause 2(copy paste) and other games with huge map sizes. V has desert, mountains, canyons, bits of wilderness, sea, beaches, cities, underwater, the same things that SA had, only now it is in so much more detail.

It's your opinion at the end of course, maybe the game was not to your taste, but making a claim that this is the worst GTA game ever, and even creating a thread in a forum, as if almost saying that as fact, is going to annoy many people, and you ain't getting many good responses(why you bothering I don't know, maybe want to troll around a bit, or be a hipster). GTAV offers much much more than IV in content and variety, and is I'd say a direct sequel to GTA:SA, only in full new HD, story and mechanics. This is definitely not the worst GTA, it's just, you hyped too much on it.

Seriousman
  • Seriousman

Anti-ReligionMan

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:27 AM Edited by Seriousman, 28 September 2013 - 12:31 AM.

LOL, just LOL

Btw, you seem like the type of person that plays games JUST for the story. I have put in 45+ hours into the game and I'm still not even halfway through the game. And I don't see why this is the worst GTA. IMO it is the best one. 

Sirpepperoni
  • Sirpepperoni

Trick

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:34 AM

I played through once on free Aim and once on hard lock, both times barely touching their special abilities.. It honestly just seems.like r* were at the drawing board shooting blanks

ASIAN LAWYER
  • ASIAN LAWYER

Trick

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:56 AM

I played through once on free Aim and once on hard lock, both times barely touching their special abilities.. It honestly just seems.like r* were at the drawing board shooting blanks

i like the way you skew words together, and you're right, it does feel like they were just shooting sh*t in the air and seeing if they get profit. there are some inconsistencies in it which don't negate the fun, just the quality. calling GTA V a mess would be a fair judgement.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:21 AM

I can only agree with car damage here.. The car damage does vary between vehicles but it is tuned down way to much for IV. Driving on the opposite side of the freeway and hitting a car head on at full speed is a perfect example of this. Both cars are barely damaged at all Hood damage should be more visible. I have seen 20mph fender benders with worse damage. I do like how the wheel falls off the other car on occasion though.

People underestimate the damage too much. Yes cars got f*cked up faster in GTA IV, but the damage is pretty much the same with some advancements of its own.

How many people realise you can get steering damage in GTA V? The only reason I believe the damage is a bit more durable is due to car customising.

No one wants their 600k + sports car they just bought and modded to be damaged to hell before you can safely put it in your garage.

lizardman563
  • lizardman563

Give your free will a chance, you've got to want to succeed.

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:25 AM

Hey f*cking idiot, newsflash, the reason the SA map seemed "bigger" is because it had horrible draw distance. Go watch the youtube vid of GTA SA with 10x draw distance, you'll see the size is roughly the same as the distance from Sandy Shores to Paleto Bay in GTA V, and that isn't including the mountain ranges on both sides of the map. SA was tiny, and was NOT the "almighty" game you uneducated fools claim it to be. SA sucked. GTA V is fine, and if you found it boring, chances are you are growing tired of GTA series games in general and need to find a new series. 

mikkenugent
  • mikkenugent

Wolf God

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:39 AM

V is complete garbage, for 5 years R* sat there and didn't even listen to a single fans critique...oh wait they did didn't they? Wow when I play V its almost like playin every little 12 y/o's suggestion that they made here on GTAF. Well fuk me sideways and call me Sally, maybe with VI we should stfu and let them create the game they want that. If anyone has a bitch about this game its because every SA kakhound bitched and moaned that they didn't get SA 2 with IV. Lets remember here, we're on 7 y/o hardware and these guys are on up to the minute sh*t, some content will have to be sacrificed overall to please everyone and try to grow. Try doin the sh*t we do today on smartphones with a Nokia from 7 years ago...it ain't happenin. And honestly does it even really fukin matter if we can enter burger shot?

pilot410
  • pilot410

Mike Motta

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:24 AM

Why do these people think we care about what they think of the game stop posting this sh*t

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:44 AM

Wah boo hoo Wah GTAV so hard wahh wahh

-boo boo hoo hoo
- sad face boohoo
- wahh wahh wahh

Nah I'm kidding, you are titled to your opinion and sorry about that.

But I disagree with you as you can tell..

One thing I can comment on is the shooting definitely is different than the other games, feels lot like how Max Payne 3 was and that is a good and different thing.

Playing GTA IV after V feels lot different, and makes me understand why the controls and movement feel very crappy when comparing. The cover system locks you in on GTA IV, and the driving was more complex.

There is only a few minor things GTA V lacks that IV had, but it has much more things than IV had.

The thing I notice about GTA series is that the features they decide to put in the game need to fit with the characters and their lifestyle and personality.

In overall gameplay and the mechanics, we need something different and improved in my opinion, and GTA V did a nice job with it.

Each of the GTA games have special thing about them that is different. Unlike most game series with sequels where they just add more sh*t, you can see special differences between all GTA games.

RichBlackGuy
  • RichBlackGuy

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:48 AM

gta sa on  gta 4 engine...till R* step it up...im already bored with the single player of gta 5

Cyfa
  • Cyfa

Paid In Full

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:48 AM

Are you hipster?

A protohipster. 

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Drive

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:50 AM

Story wise, VC is king

Map, SA

Putting nostalgia aside, SA is the best at this very moment but the real decision comes when you have the full game. I.e. Gta online

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Drive

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:51 AM

Are you hipster?

A protohipster. 

Maybe you're not a hipster, but all hipsters aspire to be like you.

saksoka
  • saksoka

Snitch

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:18 AM

Actually it's the best gta yet , way better than SA 

FXtrader
  • FXtrader

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:46 AM Edited by FXtrader, 28 September 2013 - 07:49 AM.

you know what's hilarious? using the assets already in game i could have filled the interiors of every building within 3 months... all by myself.

30 people with more experience than myself (Rockstar devs) could pull it off in a day.

they are just lazy.. in 1 day they could have made every building enter able but they chose not to do it.

seriously designing an interior is about the easiest part of creating any game

the game is good but once you beat it all there is to do is get 5 stars and try and beat your landspeed record

GTAO better blow our minds or there will be a lot of refunds.

Doolz351
  • Doolz351

Trick

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:49 AM

Why do these people think we care about what they think of the game stop posting this sh*t

It makes them feel warm and fuzzy inside

dimitrispgr
  • dimitrispgr

Hustler

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:31 AM

Actually it's the best gta yet , way better than SA 

No its not. You cant enter Burger Shot.

This moded agly as hell GTA IV: San Andreas is better.

MaxPayne3MP3
  • MaxPayne3MP3

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:34 AM

-I like it. Sure it's not as realistic, but at least it doesn't feel like it's made of butter and you can't even drift right or left without doing a full 360. Also things are boring when they are too realistic, like the haircut logic: imagine choosing an Afro on a bald head and then get a notification saying: "you have to wait another 4 months for this haircut"

-Very true. I hate it. Why would R* change this? It's not fun seeing the car being perfectly normal after crashing into a wall, I want to see it being smashed like a pancake like in GTA 4.

-Agree and disagree. I agree that you take too much damage, and that it's annoying and 'realistic'. Fun > realism. I also disagree because GTA 5 has the chance to take advantage of it's cover system, and that you don't feel too OP (overpowered)

-GTA 4's map is boring and generic, all you see is city, city, park, city, taxi, city, city,... But this on the other hand... City, hood, desert, country, ocean, construction, factories, piers, Hollywood (vinewood), mountains, forests,... Certainly not that boring imo

-Agreed

-I agree and disagree. The story, most of it, is just enemies coming to you at one place and shooting you, obviously this screams GENERIC. But on the other hand, you get to do various stuff with the story, gang stuff, back robberies, assassinations, stealth, chases, choices,... Definitely a variety in story.

-Actually, as you play on, you get to meet them and connect with them through events, relating to them and understanding them, as well as watching relationships grow or rebuild. No offense, but I feel even though 3 characters is a lot for the players to relate to, it's better than 1 guy Niko Bellic. No offense again, but I feel that Niko is just too sad and boring, not many can relate to him.

-Missions aren't boring. They are really exciting in GTA V IMO. It is gripping through visual effects in the game and action-filled scenarios. The story in GTA 5 is way more exciting that GTA 4. IMO, I've played GTa 4, and I felt that most of the missions are just: "hey Niko, kill him and get money - Niko, get this and get money - Niko, help me do that and I'll help you get revenge on that dude." It seemed like most of the missions in GTA 4 are just merc missions building up to his revenge, and the motive is to just kill the damn dude, and not enough excitement, instead... Boredom. GTA 5 has the upper hand by introducing several scenarios for characters like: family, getting out of the hood, selling coke, rob banks,... Definitely less boring as missions go from one scenario to another.

Scooter_Johnson
  • Scooter_Johnson

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:46 AM

im sure people are bored of it is because there still waiting on the online part

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users