137 replies to this topic
dimitrispgr
  • dimitrispgr

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:47 AM

This guy doesnt like Trevor also.

He probably doesnt like anything in his life.

alb-mac
  • alb-mac

Playa

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:12 AM

- The driving physics suck over 4.

- Car damage sucks

- Take too much damage

- The world is boring, feels generic 

- lack of interiors (This game has less interiors and things to do than 4)

- The story sucks

- The characters suck

- Boring missions

-For me, the driving is fine. BUT so many people have complained, that maybe yes, R* did mess up a little on the physics from previous GTA. But like I said for me, the driving physics is perfect and I love it. 

-Car damage is fine for me, it was fine in IV also; I just don't see the big difference or how that impacts gameplay at all -_-

-The world, I don't think, is boring....even if you think this is the worst GTA. Come on, there is so much driving to do, so much chaos to cause, so many possibilities even with side activities---come on, you're being dramatic here 

-Maybe not as many interiors as some wanted, okay, R* "messed" up. But again, it really doesn't affect my gameplay experience. 

-Am only at 47% SO I can't say, but so far so good 

-There are 3 different characters with different personalities, someone's GOT to appeal to you? Stop complaining..

-You have repeated 2 things, maybe to help "prove" your point?

Anyways,  obviously it's all based on opinion. Some things I agree on, some things I don't. I love this game, I look forward to playing it, I'm still figuring out businesses, how to edit cars, and new corners of the map; I got bored of IV's map after a day of playing; just didn't do it for ME. V offers lots of varieties and the hills/valleys/mountains are GREAT

ASIAN LAWYER
  • ASIAN LAWYER

Trick

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:00 AM Edited by ASIAN LAWYER, 27 September 2013 - 07:03 AM.

"This is the worst GTA yet.."

subjective.

"It's really the first GTA that hasn't done anything new or amazing..."
three protagonists (a bold move that was executed amazingly), animals and a handcrafted ocean floor.

subjective

- Car damage sucks

big deal. hardly ruins the game, and it continuously surprises me that people care.

- Take too much damage

again subjective. i like the challenge, and after hours of practicing killing sprees, i've become rather skilled at fending off cops. basically, the more you put in, the more you get out.

this is subjective, again. but i'd argue that compared to IV, and to every other GTA. this one of the best worlds they've created and closely resembles the actual city of LA. 

yeah, but there's also an entire hand crafted ocean floor. also who gives a sh*t, if that's a game breaker to you, then you're a brat.

- The story sucks

it really doesn't, if you're a fan of crime fiction then this story is a remarkable feet for a videogame, if not a little rushed to the end. but every GTA suffers from that problem.

- The characters suck

maybe they don't resonate well with you, but they're some hard-hitting, strong characters. trevor has that jack nicholson-esque charm whilst being a psychologically complicated character. 

michael's the GTA character that made it, and actually has a family in which he cares for, yet feels ostracized by. there-in lies his struggle, and it is definitely a well developed struggle.

franklin does suck. i'll give you that.

- Boring missions

wut.

every mission resembles the same ferocity as the three leaf clover mission, not to mention the lack of linearity and expansion of player choice and freedom in how to complete, along with three characters mixing up the gameplay and adding some serious variety that other GTA's simply can't match.

"I can come up with so many faults in the game that make me not like it over 4 or previous games and I'm just bored with the rest of the game"

well then, come up with more, and try to create a logical argument rather than saying "_____ sucks"

"even the radios suck...."

subjective, though i'd argue that they fit the heist theme perfectly.

"The game isn't funny,"
it's pretty damn well written in the satire department, especially for a video game. it's probably the funniest video game to ever exist, though humour is subjective.

"just f*cking boring and doesn't feel like a GTA game,"

AGAIN, subjective. you're right, it doesnt, to me it feels like a new evolution in the GTA franchise and future open world games to come.

"it's like a B team made it and the map feels so tiny, they claim it's massive but I can travel to each end in 5 mins :\ SA has a much better map.."

the map is technically larger in scale. fact. SA, while good for it's time, doesn't even hold a candle. los santos in san andreas is rushed and tiny, the movement from vinewood to ganton or from the city to the country is abrupt, killing the sense of scale. the graphics and sound also break any sense of immersion. anyone that says graphics don't matter tend to have a real poor taste. it's like saying direction has no purpose in prose, or cinematography has no purpose in movies. the graphics make the world something that san andreas could not be.

think before you make brazen claims like "this is the worst gta yet."

• RicerDude likes this

DatassGTA
  • DatassGTA

Peon

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:09 AM

I disagree with your opinions of driving, to me it is much more fun to drive out in the freeway with the new driving system.

Missions were very fun, not one single mission felt the same as others, something IV did horribly.

The characters to me were well done and well presented, I liked them.

carmelo3
  • carmelo3

Prankster

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:12 AM Edited by carmelo3, 27 September 2013 - 07:21 AM.

OP is having an absolute laugh.

Boring missions??? 

Obvious troll is obvious.

Me personally, I think this is the best GTA yet. Obviously it doesnt have the magic of GTA3, VC or SA.

But technically, this is the best GTA game released thus far in terms of gameplay, story and the actual game world.

I could be here all day listing reasons why it's so great.

My only complaints are the lack of car storage, not being able to buy safehouses (was really looking forward to this) and the property aspect of the game.

Property is a huge let down IMO. It should have been like VC or SA where you have fleshed out missions to complete for the business. Instead of these generic repetitive tasks that your given. I've only purchased Smoke on the water, LS customs and the towing impound place so far, and the "property management" for these places is a huge anti-climax. Maybe it's better with the other businesses available. I just feel like they could have done so much more with it.

.kiwi_4
  • .kiwi_4

Previously known as KiiWiiDeee

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:17 AM

I think I'm the only person here who thinks this game is perfect.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:19 AM

I disagree with your opinions of driving, to me it is much more fun to drive out in the freeway with the new driving system.
Missions were very fun, not one single mission felt the same as others, something IV did horribly.
The characters to me were well done and well presented, I liked them.

You have to admit some of the heist prep was repetitive.

"Go here, steal this, come back".

I wish they weren't counted as actual missions though as some literally only last a couple of minutes. Those ones where you had to buy clothing etc were the biggest waste of missions ever.

A lot of the missions are diverse, but the prep for heists shouldn't have counted as individual missions IMO.

I'm sorry, but GTA IV didn't waste missions to that extent even if it did have filler.

ASIAN LAWYER
  • ASIAN LAWYER

Trick

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:21 AM

I think I'm the only person here who thinks this game is perfect.

bare in mind that this forum contains the demographic of fans that overhyped GTA V like crazy. i didn't, and i'm getting the most out of it in the end.

RicerDude
  • RicerDude

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:23 AM

Some people man... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Bertanius
  • Bertanius

Obsessed with classic cars

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:46 AM

I don't get what the deal is with vehicle damage, they really improved it from GTA IV, and it's amazing that a dynamic damage system runs on consoles. Vehicles can now lose wheels, and the front and back bumpers, the windows are also dynamic and don't just shatter.

I am disappointed with some things, like the world having next to no interiors, the AI being way too sensitive and really horrible at times, the driving physics (sure they're okay, and I'm now use to it, but I would prefer more realistic driving), how consoles can't this game without problems (massive memory issues), and that Rockstar cut so much out for that DLC rubbish and only care about multiplayer, but that doesn't mean I hate the game, I love everything else about it, and I have gotten nearly 87 hours of total playing time, and it will only increase. This game has so much to do, the world isn't 'generic', it's all crafted and not generated. I can find heaps to do in this game, it's great. But that's your opinion, you can dislike it, it doesn't matter to me.

I think what made many dislike the game is limitations. Rockstar made this game for consoles sadly, which means they had to limit so much. Hopefully they improve issues when the PC version is out.

Todmcfly
  • Todmcfly

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:58 AM

Op is a hipster moron

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:01 AM

Namaste man...

Yeah, Nama-go f*ck yourself

ak-4seven
  • ak-4seven

Playa

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:07 AM

I don't understand. This is absolutely mind boggling to me, how people here hate the game. I'm 40 hours in, 63% done and not a second of gameplay was boring or dull.

Dingleman
  • Dingleman

III Enthusiast

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:11 AM

When GTA 3 came out it seemed like GTAForums was the only place in the world where people actually liked it. Now GTA 5 has come out and it seems like GTAForums is the only place in the world where people complain about it. Funny how stuff works.

I think this topic is utterly pointless, so I'm not going to contribute anything to it other than the fact that I love the game and couldn't have asked for much more. I think people need to stop rationalizing/formulating what makes a great/sucky GTA game and just play the god damn game. If you like it, keep playing. If you don't, it's a f*cking videogame. Stop dwelling over something that you do to relax and find something productive to bitch about.

ZeroZero
  • ZeroZero

l33t g33k

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:16 AM

@OP you damn Troll..

JvG-90
  • JvG-90

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:21 AM

I think its the best gta game, by far. Some of your points are true, but it doesn't ruin the fun for me. The worst gta game is Liberty city stories for ps2. That game came out after san andreas and was boring as sh*t.

D-lloydThaTitan
  • D-lloydThaTitan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:27 AM

GTA Online was rockstars main focus, the single player was just a taste of things to come.

BFR579
  • BFR579

"Till things are brighter, I'm the man in black."

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:29 AM

I've been playing the series since gta 2, and I'm loving the game so far. I do agree that there should've been more interiors (but what can you really expect with 7 year old console hardware)and that the more realistic handling of IV was a bit better but aside from that I think that this is the best gta game to date, and I've played all of them, mainly 2, vc sa and IV. I doubt that the majority of the (literally) millions of people who bought this game feel like many of the people on these forums.With every gta game there were always people saying that they hated it for one reason or another, I was shocked to find out how much hate IV recieved, because I wasn't reading any forums when I played it, and I had a blast with it even though they stripped so much down from the previous games. 

M4RK
  • M4RK

Thug

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:55 AM

since it was announced that there would be 3 characters to play as I knew i would hate it, and I was right, I hate playing as 3 characters,  But other than that, I love the game.  

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:56 AM

I won't disagree since it's your opinion, but I can honestly say this game wasn't as great as I expected lol. I seriously wonder where that money went into the game because the soundtrack is terrible, graphics are perfect but the game is too short and the physics are a huge downgrade from IV and RDR

Succinct and concise.  I think a fair fraction of hardcore GTA fans wonder the same thing.  I do.  But I'm still going to have a lot of fun with it.  I have had to adjust a bit to each new GTA game that came along (and RDR), but end up playing them for a long time. 

• Ermac likes this

LaDispute
  • LaDispute

Los Santos, baby!

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:07 AM

Damage wasn't downgraded and physics are better, it's just some retarded psychological issue people have with games changing even if they are better apparently change means bad, also this game has way more things to do than IV saying that it doesn't makes you look off your head.

dimitrispgr
  • dimitrispgr

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:26 AM

I love this game.   Just saying.

You are not the only one.

After the release i come in the forums to share my exitment and discuss the greatness of the game and i get so angry with those ungreatfull assholes. Opinion is a stupid argument. Even someone who hates open world games or even GTA series he should be objective and admit the epicness of the game. "I dont like it but i admit its fantastic". Thats the spirit haters should have. All those stupid arguments "worst GTA ever", "hate the game because of the damage", "hellicopters are unflyable" just makes you sound ridiculus.

This amazing company worked so many f*cking hours/months/YEARS to give us this beautifull living breathing world with tones of activities of all kind to do in it, and sell it to you in the same price EA/Konami/Activision/Volition sells FIFA/PES/COD/SR every one or two years giving you absolutely nothing (COMPARED to the detailed GTAs), and you come in here bitching like little kids. 

I am playing the series since GTA 2 and i loved every single part of the series since now for SIMPLE REASONS you just deny to see for reasons only you know.

Dont listen to idiots ROCKSTAR. Thank you for every little WORKED detail of this game and all the joy you gave us.

Dorling20
  • Dorling20

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:51 AM

Why people are complaining about this game being unfinished before Online is even released I have no idea. We've seen gameplay footage of more interiors, more missions, more stories, more cool stuff and it all comes out on 1st October. If you still think it's lacking after that then fine, but we only have a fraction of the game at the moment, and those of us that read the press releases and followed the build up know this and, if they are anything like me, are excited about online.

Savage88
  • Savage88

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:20 PM

I guess im the minority here,i absolutely love this game,i think rockstar did a good job especially with the outdated hardware we have with the current gen now. Characters,Story,little minigames,car customization,the way each character feels different with their very own abilities,the humor (mostly coming from trevor) the random events occurring like in red dead,and online is coming.Im not to nitpicky on the car damage thing seeing as though i dont get into to many crazy accidents or anything to often and it doesnt kill the experience for me that it doesnt get super deformed after 2 hard hits. i know copyright kinda makes it hard to add some artist we know and love like metallica,acdc,megadeth,n so on but the radio is cool not the best out of a gta game but i found a few new songs i added to my itunes.This definitely is one of my fav games, and now my fav gta along with SA,and VC being that i was born in the 80's im surprised people dont feel the same way,thought everyone was liking this game just as much as i am but i guess not. :whuh:

• dOn DaDa ShOttA likes this

user14
  • user14

Prankster

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:29 PM

I still can't believe this game cost 170 million to make. It looks unfinished, with lot of flaws.

dOn DaDa ShOttA
  • dOn DaDa ShOttA

JAMESTOWN RANCHO GANG

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:37 PM Edited by culture585, 27 September 2013 - 03:38 PM.

i don't even take opinions like this seriously...... looks like a copy and paste job of others to me.....

he more than likey doesn't own the game making statements like this " they claim it's massive but I can travel to each end in 5 mins" 

K20
  • K20

suckmyrocket

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:38 PM

best GTA to date.. TO DATE!!!!!!!!

RetardOfTheYear
  • RetardOfTheYear

Peon

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:51 PM Edited by RetardOfTheYear, 27 September 2013 - 03:53 PM.

- Car damage sucks

- Take too much damage

- The story sucks

- The characters suck

- Boring missions

- Driving physics are plain wrong for bikes, and they are less challenging than IV for cars, less challenging but very fun. Overall because of the bikes, and a little less because of the planes, I think it's fair to say the driving mechanics is a bit lacking

- Car damage do sucks, I agree.

- Lack of interiors for the world size, definately. But less things to do than in IV I strongly disagree.

- Story sucks for somes, is ok for others, is great for some etc... I thought the story was ok, nothing exceptional though.

- Boring missions, yeah some of them are boring, it's not like every single mission of gta IV were fun though, right? (same thing for the previous GTA)

Overall, seems like a classic case of stupidly high expectations dude, yep sorry to tell you this, and you are not alone, I include myself in the lot, but overall it's a pretty good game, and the online mode (just like in IV) will be the meat of this game, add single player freeroam if it come to PC thanks to the mods.

Krayzee
  • Krayzee

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:55 PM

i agree with you in a way OP after i done the main missions and the strangers there wasn't anything to keep me engaged and i havn't played it the last few days but i think when online comes out i will have to play again because it will add a new dimension playing with friends doing missions and heists, customizing your own character, racing real people etc etc thats when this game will really shine

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:59 PM Edited by KillaDanny, 27 September 2013 - 04:00 PM.

best GTA to date.. TO DATE!!!!!!!!

have to agree with this, haven't been hooked up like this to a game since GTA SA

OP: Besides if you hate the game so much what are you doing in a gtaforum section dedicated to GTA V... what's up with this people's logic it's they like they are here just to hate on the game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users