» «
Photo

This is the worst GTA yet...

137 replies to this topic
grantelicious
  • grantelicious

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:42 PM Edited by grantelicious, 26 September 2013 - 11:43 PM.

I've loved every GTA game since the first one and each one has brought something new other the others, even in the PS2 era. GTA 3 just amazed me as it was an open world in 3D, VC amazed me with the setting and the music and SA amazed me with the size and more importantly the online mods. GTA 4 came out and amazed me because it was the first HD GTA, had a great story, the physics were amazing etc etc...

GTA V however just bores me, I'm 17 hours in and I'm done, though tbh I was done 10 hours ago. I bought the game on the launch day and I've struggled to want to play it. My friends reflect my opinion, we were all so excited and none of them played after day 2 and none of us have any plans to return for the online... they missed the boat for that. It's really the first GTA that hasn't done anything new or amazing...

- The driving physics suck over 4.

- Car damage sucks

- Take too much damage

- The world is boring, feels generic 

- lack of interiors (This game has less interiors and things to do than 4)

- The story sucks

- The characters suck

- Boring missions

etc etc..

I can come up with so many faults in the game that make me not like it over 4 or previous games and I'm just bored with the rest of the game, even the radios suck.... The game isn't funny, just f*cking boring and doesn't feel like a GTA game, it's like a B team made it and the map feels so tiny, they claim it's massive but I can travel to each end in 5 mins :\ SA has a much better map..

Such a let down, it's an even bigger disappointment to me than Max Payne 3 last year... like Rockstar have just out done Blizzard and Bioware in biggest disappointments ever, GTA V is number on for me. I just cannot help but feel what if this was a PC exclusive? 

• Deadly Target, Vic 2.0, Skaytful and 1 other like this

Clay33
  • Clay33

Prankster

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:43 PM

I agree but this is the GTA that we will play for another good 5 years. Deal with it. haha

Negan
  • Negan

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:44 PM

Are you hipster?

• GlenTempest likes this

ballainthisbitch
  • ballainthisbitch

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:44 PM Edited by ballainthisbitch, 26 September 2013 - 11:44 PM.

the story sucks, police system sucks, not enough heists, cant enter buildings, radio sucks totally

but...I'LL STILL PLAY IT EVERYDAY...lol

• Skober likes this

TheWarzoneXL
  • TheWarzoneXL

Banging Michael's Housekeeper

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:44 PM

Riveting tale, chap.

• Outplug likes this

Johan
  • Johan

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:45 PM

I won't disagree since it's your opinion, but I can honestly say this game wasn't as great as I expected lol. I seriously wonder where that money went into the game because the soundtrack is terrible, graphics are perfect but the game is too short and the physics are a huge downgrade from IV and RDR

• saintsrow, Bellic 4 life, theGTAking101 and 1 other like this

Chillyo
  • Chillyo

GTA lover

• Members

Maybe youre getting too old for these games.

• Gooly likes this

Bageebi
  • Bageebi

Snitch

• Members

I disagree.  

• BlackScout likes this

BIGEHN62
  • BIGEHN62

13th MEU Colonel

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:46 PM

Man you are crazy GTA 5 is amazing.

JustOneMonth
  • JustOneMonth

Griefer? Better Call Saul!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:49 PM

Glorious exposition, comrade. If these missions were boring, i sleeped while IV ones.

Trevor_Phillips.
  • Trevor_Phillips.

I live for this sh*t!

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:49 PM

I didnt like it that much but it aint half bad story was fun but after that theres nothing to do GTA online it is...

GTAboob
  • GTAboob

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:50 PM

There could be a few improvements- but the game is okay to me.

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:51 PM

GTA Online (October)

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:51 PM

- I had no problem with the driving physics. It's DIFFERENT. It doesn't suck.

- The car damage was made to be less realistic.

- The damage is perfect. People claimed it would be too easy because of health regeneration. Now it's too hard. Lmfao

- You clearly have only been in one area...

- I agree here

- The story was powerful. An idiot can't appreciate that.

- The characters were likeable to me.

- This game has the best missions I have ever seen

• GlenTempest and theiceman13 like this

GTAMan2330
  • GTAMan2330

That One Guy

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:52 PM Edited by GTAMan2330, 26 September 2013 - 11:55 PM.

The story sucks? The characters suck? The radio sucks?

I know it's your opinion, and I don't care to change it, but that's totally the opposite of how I feel.

As a matter of fact, everyone keeps talking down on this game and making such rash statements and all, yet when I play, I have a TOTALLY different experience. It's like we're not even talking about the same game! Maybe it's because I don;t give a damn about interiors and car damage or any of that nonsense and it doesn't ruin my gameplay experience in the least. Or maybe the game's just not for everyone, which makes me sad. Rockstar are usually experts at pleasing the general population, but I guess that's just not the case here. It's definitely not the worst GTA, however, by a LONG shot.

PS: Max Payne 3 = Letdown?
I think you just don't like vidja games anymore, amigo. Just sayin'.

• deyessorc likes this

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:52 PM

- Car damage sucks

- Take too much damage

- The story sucks

- The characters suck

- Boring missions

• Agreed, i prefered the driving in GTA IV however alot of people didn't so they tried something new.
  • Again i prefered GTA IV crashing mechanics
  • Yes you do take more damage, but it means you have to be wiser and use cover more in GTA V. You just cant run out into open anymore and gun down 50 people before dying.
  • Got to be kidding me on this one
  • Agreed, would of prefered more interiors but seems they have been sacraficed for a larger underwater world
  • Story had potential especially in the beginning, however did tale away towards the end but was decent
  • Characters dont suck. Some of the people you come across are pretty fun. Then again you only put 17 hours into the game so you cant really judge that in such a short space of time as you wouldnt of come across alot of them
  • Missions are just classic GTA to be honest. So if you dont like them now how have you ever liked them before?
  • Deadly Target likes this

Shinto
  • Shinto

R.I.P KANE '92

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:53 PM

- The damage is perfect. People claimed it would be too easy because of health regeneration. Now it's too hard. Lmfao

Lol I agree with this part, I started a new game with free aim, but I can't hit sh*t to save my life, so I die more. BUT, it is more of a challenge and fun

l911
  • l911

ⒶⓌⒺⓈⓄⓂⒺ

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:56 PM

Are you hipster?

such a thing does not exist.

Eagleheart
  • Eagleheart

U.S. Monsanto

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:57 PM Edited by lord of san andreas, 27 September 2013 - 12:00 AM.

I've played and loved every GTA since 3 and I have the exact opposite opinion of the game. It feels like the culmination of all the great things GTA has been adding and experimenting with and I think R* did an amazing job. It sounds like you just blew though the 69 story missions within the first few days of launch and are now nitpicking the minutia of bad things in the game.

Edit: Done after 17 hrs? Buddy I'm over 20 hrs and I'm less then 3/4 of the way through the main missions. Stop trying to eat the whole birthday cake in one sitting and take some time to enjoy.

G.S.T
  • G.S.T

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:59 PM

Just try playing through a bit more.

lazedout
  • lazedout

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:00 AM

Biggest let down for me is rag doll phyiscs and gore. A few other things including lack of interiors (cant even enter places you buy) and a few AI issues. 

Negan
  • Negan

Homeboy

• Members

Are you hipster?

such a thing does not exist.

Hispters like to say that!

takeral
  • takeral

Trick

• Members

IMO:

Vice City > San Andreas > GTA III > GTA V > GTA IV

I hated GTA IV. 

NADOLNY
  • NADOLNY

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:02 AM

Op. Go play something else and stop bitching here.
  • IveGotNoValues likes this

seanforever
  • seanforever

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:09 AM

I agree with the radio bit. There are no stations I can listen to 100% of the time a'la Rise FM from GTA3 which was pure magic. I have it off mostly. But Boulevard Rock station is pretty decent.

GTAIV's radio was pretty bad also though.. 

Hache0
  • Hache0

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:12 AM

Namaste man...

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:17 AM

I've loved every GTA game since the first one and each one has brought something new other the others, even in the PS2 era. GTA 3 just amazed me as it was an open world in 3D, VC amazed me with the setting and the music and SA amazed me with the size and more importantly the online mods. GTA 4 came out and amazed me because it was the first HD GTA, had a great story, the physics were amazing etc etc...

GTA V however just bores me, I'm 17 hours in and I'm done, though tbh I was done 10 hours ago. I bought the game on the launch day and I've struggled to want to play it. My friends reflect my opinion, we were all so excited and none of them played after day 2 and none of us have any plans to return for the online... they missed the boat for that. It's really the first GTA that hasn't done anything new or amazing...

- Car damage sucks

- Take too much damage

- The story sucks

- The characters suck

- Boring missions

etc etc..

I can come up with so many faults in the game that make me not like it over 4 or previous games and I'm just bored with the rest of the game, even the radios suck.... The game isn't funny, just f*cking boring and doesn't feel like a GTA game, it's like a B team made it and the map feels so tiny, they claim it's massive but I can travel to each end in 5 mins :\ SA has a much better map..

Such a let down, it's an even bigger disappointment to me than Max Payne 3 last year... like Rockstar have just out done Blizzard and Bioware in biggest disappointments ever, GTA V is number on for me. I just cannot help but feel what if this was a PC exclusive? 

1. The driving physics are different. All the driving changed. I can't stand when people just wanted the same formula copy and pasted. It's fine, you're just not adjusted to it. 

2. The car damage doesn't suck. I never understood this. It's realistic in all the phases when I crashed. I scraped another car? Scratch marks on my car. I smash into something, there's a dent in my car. Only way the damage isn't as servere is if you have the armor on your cars. 

3. What? What the hell does that mean? On the previous GTA's, you took too little of damage. These are bullets. I shouldn't be able to take a full shot gun to the face and walk away from it like it's nothing. 

4. Really? The world is boring. This is where  I should just ignore everything you stated. Have you played 4? Hell, have you played 3? Have you played San Andreas OUTSIDE of Las Ventura or whatever it is. The world is diverse, and it has active things to do in it. 

5. Sorry it wasn't the average, one man raising to the top and having to take out some big boss guy like the other games. 

6. Oh, because the characters in the past GTA games were so diverse and deep. 

7. Boring missions? Again, have you played 4? Have you played 3?  

Think this is just a trolling thread. 

Also, funny enough, my friends are opposite. We all got it on launch, and have been playing it since. 

• stevean2 likes this

dp415263
  • dp415263

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:19 AM

GTA V isn't good at all. I noticed a lot of features they stole from other free-roaming games.

imastabaho
  • imastabaho

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:21 AM Edited by imastabaho, 27 September 2013 - 12:22 AM.

i think once online comes, maybe a few dlc/patches the game will be better.

im not saying its bad in anyway its pretty damn good, im playing it rite now but it will only get better over the next few months.

Gaunty
  • Gaunty

Englishman

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:22 AM

Are you hipster?

Probably.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users