Photo

How will this be solved?

17 replies to this topic
TheEscobarbarians
  • TheEscobarbarians

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:32 PM

I am wondering how we are gonna be able to store planes and boats, seeing how we're only getting apartments? Anyone know this yet? Mac fella, maybe?

DaCosta
  • DaCosta

G-T-Addict

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:35 PM

I remember reading that you would be able to purchase a helipad or docks, from some time ago, so I guess that relates to the online game. Presumably some apartments might have helipads attached, much like a house has a garage for cars.

TheEscobarbarians
  • TheEscobarbarians

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:37 PM

Just thinking how thats gonna work; we will have to spawn somewhere then, unless 16 people are driving/flying out of their garages all at the same time. How about runways for planes? What do?

DaCosta
  • DaCosta

G-T-Addict

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:41 PM

Just thinking how thats gonna work; we will have to spawn somewhere then, unless 16 people are driving/flying out of their garages all at the same time. How about runways for planes? What do?

It's a good question. There are only three runways on the map. I can't even think how they would manage to control that!

TheEscobarbarians
  • TheEscobarbarians

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:50 PM

Fast board. I am really curious about this!

Chillyo
  • Chillyo

GTA lover

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:53 PM

Theres a lot of things that i cant wait to see how it works. Knowing that you will in the same world with your friend, do you it we will all start at the same place? a bit like a new MMO, at the first quest...?

TheEscobarbarians
  • TheEscobarbarians

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:57 PM

I have heard that you will start out according to how you answered on your character creation sheet. So we will spawn in different places, probably. Maybe a couple at the same place.

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:29 AM Edited by Munx, 27 September 2013 - 12:31 AM.

Eh? you arnt only able to own a appartment, what they ment is you are only able to own ONE appartment at a time, there will still be other properties to own that arnt appartments.

Edit: TheEsco who ever told you that was messing with you, every single player arrives in los santos via airplane, there is no reason to belive we start anywhere else then the airport.

The character creation "sheet" is for stats mainly, It might have some connection to a story later on but i doubt it.

bloodblossom
  • bloodblossom

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:16 AM

it might also have some effect on weight as some of the options were athletic/couch potato... i wouldnt imagine a couch potato being skinny right? but well find out on oct 1

TheEscobarbarians
  • TheEscobarbarians

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:26 AM

Ok may be true about the spawn thing, although I have read otherwise. However, I believe it is confirmed that only apartments are available, to take care of the problem of having 16 players owning the same house.

Also the creation sheet is for everything, stats, looks, background. I have not played GTAO obviously, so this is only from forums and websites, so may not be correct.
Feel free to prove me wrong.

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:27 AM

it might also have some effect on weight as some of the options were athletic/couch potato... i wouldnt imagine a couch potato being skinny right? but well find out on oct 1

I wish, but sadly if you look at online trailer all character models seem to share the same body model ( makes sense for clothing etc ).

TheEscobarbarians
  • TheEscobarbarians

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:28 AM

To be more precise: I am aware that we come there by airplane, but the tutorial/ startmission, may cause us to end up different places. Maybe we get different appartments or contacts.

Mason27
  • Mason27

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:34 AM

It's a good question. There are only three runways on the map. I can't even think how they would manage to control that!

6, actually.  3 in LS, 1 at the fort, and 2 in Sandy Shores.  Even if everyone is trying to fly at the same time, I'm cool with taxiing.  Besides, how many people are going to try to drive it around and takeoff/land on roads?  Guessing there will be a hangar at each with a door closed for purchase.  Probably an "instance" type thing just press a button to enter and it immediately takes you inside.  Pick a vehicle/aircraft and it will load you outside of it.  

And last I heard/read you "fly in" to LS, but you are placed in a home/area based on your background.  Depending what you pick will determine where you live to start.  

Also, spawning will likely be the hospital, just like in SP.

johndoe666
  • johndoe666

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:35 AM

What about people stealing our vehicles? Say I buy a plane and leave it at a hangar, what's stopping someone from stealing it?

TheEscobarbarians
  • TheEscobarbarians

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:40 AM

Mason confirmd what Ive been thinking, and with the spawn also what ive read earlier, and tried to say here.

Johndoe, they wont be able to steal, as you enter it like your garage in sp, so only you and your vehicles there.

Mason27
  • Mason27

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:40 AM Edited by Mason27, 27 September 2013 - 01:41 AM.

What about people stealing our vehicles? Say I buy a plane and leave it at a hangar, what's stopping someone from stealing it?

I know for sure the garages will operate as an instance, so I'm sure the hangers will be the same way.  The door is closed, and if you want to go in, you'll be going inside of yours, not mine (even though it is the same building).  I'm certain you won't even drive out of it, as that would break the barrier between instance and free roam.  You will likely pick a car/plane and it will put you back outside with that vehicle.  

jman1954goat
  • jman1954goat

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:41 AM

its been confirmed you can lock the doors of your vehicle   and insurance is there  in case someone blows it up

Privatechief117
  • Privatechief117

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:20 AM

How does one lock their doors?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users