Photo

lighthouse

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
39 replies to this topic
mbdrocks
  • mbdrocks

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:29 PM Edited by mbdrocks, 27 September 2013 - 11:18 AM.

The light on the lighthouse only spins if you have a gun pointed at it and the sight is above that weird wire wrapping around it.

Only happens if you are on the platform. Otherwise it spins.

Only happens at night. And for you special people, yes the lighthouse light is on at times other than when its night.

Ahasverus
  • Ahasverus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:22 PM

The plot thickens

mbdrocks
  • mbdrocks

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:24 PM

Oh also it seems to only happen at night although I could be wrong.

mbdrocks
  • mbdrocks

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:45 AM

More on this! A video recorded with my phone of the lighthouse. 

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=QWtLLUqCeVQ

And also this picture of the "L" in lighthouse glowing. Linked to the tree or is it just a lighting glitch???

Oh and my light which you can see a reflection of has no effect. I can retake the picture with my light off if you don't believe me.GE2IU3B.jpg

• ONZO likes this

Proxima
  • Proxima

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:57 AM

I'll bet you the lighthouse has something to do with an Easter egg, or obtaining the jetpack. The light probably has to be pointed somewhere specifically.

KennyDude
  • KennyDude

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:58 AM Edited by KennyDude, 27 September 2013 - 03:00 AM.

I'll bet you the lighthouse has something to do with an Easter egg, or obtaining the jetpack. The light probably has to be pointed somewhere specifically.

Wanna know what makes this even more weird? The cult has writing on some buildings which says "Embrace the light". 

mbdrocks
  • mbdrocks

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:05 AM

So maybe I did come across something? Anything to get us closer to that jetpack or whatever!

Proxima
  • Proxima

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:09 AM

So maybe I did come across something? Anything to get us closer to that jetpack or whatever!

I think there's a pretty good chance you did! Good job on that find.

Wanna know what makes this even more weird? The cult has writing on some buildings which says "Embrace the light". 

Yeah, I thought about that as well. I brought this up in the Jetpack Hunt thread if anyone is interested in exploring this possibility. http://gtaforums.com...ad-mural/page-2

KennyDude
  • KennyDude

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:11 AM

I think there's a pretty good chance you did! Good job on that find.

Yeah, I thought about that as well. I brought this up in the Jetpack Hunt thread if anyone is interested in exploring this possibility. http://gtaforums.com...ad-mural/page-2

I wish I could! I have work in a few; then classes and homework all weekend... I can't imagine what we're supposed to point it at...

Dr. Zoidberg
  • Dr. Zoidberg

Im a Doctor!

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:23 AM Edited by Dr. Zoidberg, 27 September 2013 - 03:24 AM.

Maybe you have to point the light house towards the mountain or something like in The Simpsons when Abe Simpson and Bart Simpson go to the Hell Fish memorial and the light house shines on the memorial and it shows the location of the treasure.

ONZO
  • ONZO

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:54 AM

I did a random event that made me drive a "lost" hiker named Ursula to the house by the lighthouse. She gave me her number and said a lot of crazy things that sounded like she would be the number 5 out of "there will be 8."

lfitzsimon
  • lfitzsimon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:13 AM

I don't think it's been mentioned yet, but the Epsilon program screensaver that was released a couple weeks ago prominently features the lighthouse. I don't know if it's connected but it's a bit coincidental to mean nothing. 

• brian. likes this

mbdrocks
  • mbdrocks

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:53 AM

I have classes soon but when I get home I will mess around with the lighthouse more. I am not 100% yet though. Only like 80 I still have collectibles and such. So if anybody wants to help just post here if you find something more!

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:58 AM

Oh also it seems to only happen at night although I could be wrong.

I was crying with laughter at this. "Hang on guys, the lighthouse only lights up when it's dark?!" Bwahahaha

mbdrocks
  • mbdrocks

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:04 AM Edited by mbdrocks, 27 September 2013 - 11:07 AM.

The light is still on during day. Go check. Maybe not all day but it is in the morning. So think before you post.

Edit:It might even go all day. It just isn't as bright.

Ultravox
  • Ultravox

domo arigato shinse

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:08 AM

hmm.. somebody in the "creepy ocean signal" thread also mentioned seeing a bright light deep in the ocean when they dove down in the supposed remote location, but died from water-pressure before they could reach it.  Not sure if that was actually true tho.

Haha f*ck, a lot  of this stuff sounds like theorist BS, but still, who knows?

mbdrocks
  • mbdrocks

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:11 AM

Was it on the side of the map with the lighthouse? Maybe make them two lights cross areas?

Gtaandspursmadscott
  • Gtaandspursmadscott

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:01 PM

Has anyone got into the lighthouse or did I just miss the post :p

mbdrocks
  • mbdrocks

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:55 PM

Not yet. Would be cool if we can though!

Ethereal_NYC
  • Ethereal_NYC

Hustler

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:33 PM

i was slightly dissapointed i couldnt go up inside the lighthouse.

im going to have to try that light trick later. thanks

mbdrocks
  • mbdrocks

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:49 PM

Anyone find anything yet?

baldymankg
  • baldymankg

GT - Snobby Nobby

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:36 PM

The light on the lighthouse only spins if you have a gun pointed at it and the sight is above that weird wire wrapping around it.

Only happens at night. And for you special people, yes the lighthouse light is on at times other than when its night.

im at the light house now and it is constantly moving for me I am completely 100% with all singleplayer achievements for xbox but the L on the sign is glowing for me tho

mbdrocks
  • mbdrocks

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:36 PM

im at the light house now and it is constantly moving for me I am completely 100% with all singleplayer achievements for xbox but the L on the sign is glowing for me tho

Is it nightime and are you on the platform? Always works for me around like 23:00

baldymankg
  • baldymankg

GT - Snobby Nobby

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:45 PM Edited by baldymankg, 27 September 2013 - 08:46 PM.

Is it nightime and are you on the platform? Always works for me around like 23:00

platform at the lighthouse then no, im next to the house and yes its night 00:23

mbdrocks
  • mbdrocks

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:48 PM

platform at the lighthouse then no, im next to the house and yes its night 00:23

You gotta be on the platform of the lighthouse. Watch my video I posted. It shows it.

baldymankg
  • baldymankg

GT - Snobby Nobby

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:50 PM

You gotta be on the platform of the lighthouse. Watch my video I posted. It shows it.

cheers ill give it ago next time its dark, I had a bad experiment with explosives ^_^

mbdrocks
  • mbdrocks

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:55 PM

Haha alright XD Let me know if you find anything with it!

baldymankg
  • baldymankg

GT - Snobby Nobby

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:33 PM

okay yes when im next to the lighthouse it actually stops until I aim at it otherwise if im far away it just spins normally

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Soldier

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:48 PM

And this lighthouse is located where? nobody has given a location yet and i have no clue where to start,

baldymankg
  • baldymankg

GT - Snobby Nobby

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:01 PM

And this lighthouse is located where? nobody has given a location yet and i have no clue where to start,

next to the North/East sea race nearest to the top of map. so start at Trevor safehouse and go North/East from there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users