Why can't fans handle change?

6 replies to this topic
LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:02 PM

With GTA V, Rockstar North tried to to something different. Removing things they thought as useless and adding better ones like:

- Lack of interiors: They removed clubs restaurants and car shops from the game so there could be a bigger maps, better features and more fun. There is no reason to moan about this.
- Driving: What is wrong with it? Making the driving more arcade-like only made it easier and more comfortable for me. I don't know why people are saying it sucks.
- Shorter story: It may be short, but there is no filler mission like there was in San Andreas. It made the story more straight and linear, which I think it's a huge improvement.
- Nothing to do after the end: That's not true. Unless you've done all the strangers and freaks mission before the end of the game, which actually make the story longer, so there is nothing to moan about there. There is also properties to buy, something fans really wanted before the game's release, but now nobody cares about it.
- Multiple protagonists: This was the feature most people were exited about, but nobody cares anymore. It's hidden by all the moaning on the forums.

This forum is now full of people moaning about new features, just like I "predicted" here, where I realized that most of the topics in the "What if" section of this post actually happened in the game. When I came back to the forums 2 days ago, I found it in the same state I thought it would be after the release. Disappointed about the GTA community.

G.S.T
  • G.S.T

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:04 PM

You just have to deal with it. This forum is full of spoiled brats.

Rudolf
  • Rudolf

AMF Advisor

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:10 PM

The lack of interiors is actually not fun at all. Cities aren't just closed walls and streets you know.

Agree with the arcade style driving. It's much easier to corner at high speeds, makes it easier to lose the cops.

In my opinion, they should've just made the map bigger with more interior (yes even bigger, because most of it it still just sand) and released GTA5 for the next-gen consoles. Imagine how great that would've been.

And there's plenty of valid things to moan about. For one the extremely tough cops. They're amazingly accurate and appear out of nowhere. It's not linear with Rockstar's new 'realism' course at all. It also takes ages before you lose them, even only one star takes like what, 3 minutes? Silencing your weapons doesn't help either.

skyfamster
  • skyfamster

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:16 PM

R changes the police system more intensive ,I really don't like it,every time I jack a car,I have to spend 1-2 minutes to hide from them.
And R shouldn't remove flamethrower ,chainsaw.both gta4,and gta5!

M'aiq the Liar
  • M'aiq the Liar

Skooma Addict

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:38 PM

I agree with everything but the first reason they could have added a few more interiors.

iPeNeTrATIoNz
  • iPeNeTrATIoNz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:28 PM

At first, I didn't really liked the driving. But now it's fine as I actually enjoy cruising around Mount Chilliad with my customised Adder or the Coquette.

I like the Wanted System, it's more challenging.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:39 PM

And there's plenty of valid things to moan about. For one the extremely tough cops. They're amazingly accurate and appear out of nowhere. It's not linear with Rockstar's new 'realism' course at all. It also takes ages before you lose them, even only one star takes like what, 3 minutes? Silencing your weapons doesn't help either.

I find it quite easy to lose the cops in this game to be honest. Yes it seems that when the cops cant see you it does take longer than previous GTA games for them to stop searching for you but atleast it makes it a little more challenging.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users