1 Star for looking at someone

41 replies to this topic
Cryki
  • Cryki

The Realist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:44 PM

I was walking on the Vespucci beach and was listening to a bloke talking to his friend, his friend then walks away and the guy says to me whats my problem, he then says ive had enough im calling the cops.

Why does it do this, i think the whole public calling the cops is a decent idea but it seems to be a big issue in this game.

anybody else had this?

• doutee8 likes this

Eddie_1100
  • Eddie_1100

In the deep end

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:48 PM

this happened to me yesterday for the first time, it was a female. i just figured it was because i was a young black male (which is weird cause i was Trevor at the time) anyway, smoked the bitch

Cryki
  • Cryki

The Realist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:54 PM

this happened to me yesterday for the first time, it was a female. i just figured it was because i was a young black male (which is weird cause i was Trevor at the time) anyway, smoked the bitch

This needs to be patched, i know its not the worst thing in the gta world but when your free roaming and just taking in all the scenery, you shouldn't have to deal with this nonsense.

Pitch~Black
  • Pitch~Black

Peon

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:56 PM Edited by Pitch~Black, 26 September 2013 - 09:57 PM.

I wonder how much it has to with which character you're playing at the time. In my game it feels like peds are substantially more aggressive toward Trevor. Understandable, in my opinion. A bit less toward Franklin, and for the most part not at all toward Michael.

JohnClaudeVanDam
  • JohnClaudeVanDam

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:04 PM

Do it in real life same thing will happen.

AVLG
  • AVLG

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:04 PM

If Trevor was just standing there staring at me.... I'd probably feel like calling the cops too..... but I wouldn't :)

Sevenpatch
  • Sevenpatch

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:05 PM

So is this a bug that is triggered somehow after some point in the game?

I have yet to have this happen and I walk around and look at people all the time.  Never got a wanted level for just looking at people.  But then again, I'm only have 30% game complete.

Does this bug happen after 100% complete or something?

Pitch~Black
  • Pitch~Black

Peon

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:16 PM

So is this a bug that is triggered somehow after some point in the game?

I have yet to have this happen and I walk around and look at people all the time.  Never got a wanted level for just looking at people.  But then again, I'm only have 30% game complete.

Does this bug happen after 100% complete or something?

I'm nearly certain it's not a bug at all. I'd call it a "nuance". I'm at 80% with the main story complete and it may have happened 4 times at most. I think it may work very similar to random events.

janzdott
  • janzdott

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:26 PM

LOL

People shouldn't call the cops for staring at them.  Maybe for stalking them though.  I started following this lady downtown... She noticed, and started walking faster and kept looking over her shoulder at me.  I kept following her and then she started running.  So realistic!  She never called the cops though.  But she should've, because I caught up to her and killed her  :devil:

• Sting4S likes this

Retardation
  • Retardation

Radio Mirror Park

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:31 PM

People in Los Santos are so rude. Most of the time when I walk into them they insult me, threaten to call the cops, or fight me.

novesori
  • novesori

Car Enthusiast

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:35 PM

Just like real life
  • YaDoesntHaveToCallMeRay likes this

CChevelleSS
  • CChevelleSS

GTA all the way

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:35 PM

I only have this problem with Trevor they all call me a hobo lol

Sevenpatch
  • Sevenpatch

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:45 PM

LOL

People shouldn't call the cops for staring at them.  Maybe for stalking them though.  I started following this lady downtown... She noticed, and started walking faster and kept looking over her shoulder at me.  I kept following her and then she started running.  So realistic!  She never called the cops though.  But she should've, because I caught up to her and killed her  :devil:

LOL

Yes!  This is how the game works for me as well.  People go somewhere else if you look at  them too long or get too close.  Never had them call the cops.  I've even had people say things like "What are you looking at" or "Don't look at me" and then walk away (right before I punch them for saying something LOL ).

YaDoesntHaveToCallMeRay
  • YaDoesntHaveToCallMeRay

Releasing The Inner Geek

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:46 PM

Just like real life

Yup! With all the pusses in the world, wouldn't you think art would imitate real life? :lol: :lol:

Shpongled
  • Shpongled

Psychedelelicable

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:46 PM

I've heard this from quite a few people but it's never happened to me.  In fact, the other day I was playing as Franklin and walked in between a guy and a girl having a convo IN THEIR OWN BACKYARD and they were very friendly.  Franklin kept saying nice stuff when I hit right d-pad and they were very nice back.  Then I went on my merry way.  It was pleasant all around!

dg101
  • dg101

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:02 PM

I don't mind that it happens when you antagonize them by constantly talking sh*t, but when you're just standing there and suddenly they want to fight you, that sucks.

Eddie_1100
  • Eddie_1100

In the deep end

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:10 AM

LOL

i laughed waaaaay too hard at this..

doutee8
  • doutee8

Trick

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:19 AM

I f*cking hate this! All the peds view you like a monster or something WTF?

ColdHearted
  • ColdHearted

Nascar isn't a sport

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:14 AM

I was walking on the Vespucci beach and was listening to a bloke talking to his friend, his friend then walks away and the guy says to me whats my problem, he then says ive had enough im calling the cops.

Why does it do this, i think the whole public calling the cops is a decent idea but it seems to be a big issue in this game.

anybody else had this?

Maybe its because you're a loser, a loser who supports a bunch of British blue smurf soccer losers, which makes you a supergaybluesmurf loser. Trevor doesn't like you and neither do I, leave the forum with immediate effect, LOSER.

TrevorPhilipsInc
  • TrevorPhilipsInc

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:16 AM

anybody else had this?

Not a big issue...Its called harrassment. And in real life people can and will call the cops if they feel as if youre harrassing them.

Dont like it? Dont harrass the NPCs. OR knock them the f*ck out before they get their phones out.

bloodXguts
  • bloodXguts

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:19 AM

Happens to me all the time, though I typically play as Trevor the most. Last night I was trying to park my newly stolen jet in Trevor's hanger, and some idiot was stuck walking their dog in front of the opening. Fearing the cops being called for killing the pedestrian and the dog, I jumped out to try to nudge their player model away from the object they were stuck on. The lady pushed yelled at me, called the cops. Needless to say, I had to steal a new jet.....

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:21 AM

the other day i stood next to a police woman, before i know it she randomly points a gun at me, i move slightly and end up with 2 stars, very annoying.

seanforever
  • seanforever

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:41 AM

Was playing as Michael and saw Impotent Rage on the sidewalk, so I walked up to talk to him. this asian girl who was maybe 5 feet away was staring at me, then said "i'm going to call the cops" bam.. 1star wanted level just for standing there 

And we all know if the cops spot you running with a 1 star you get a 2star. Absolutely ridiculous...

Rorschach37
  • Rorschach37

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:43 AM

You were playing as trevor? It's the smell, case closed!

janzdott
  • janzdott

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:20 AM

I've actually had police and guards do this to me before.  It really pissed me off when I stood still in the prison parking lot and looked at one of the guards for 5 seconds.  Then I got 2 stars, and immediately the prison snipers killed me.

2wub4u
  • 2wub4u

The sky is turning red

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:23 AM

I think this mechanic is a parody to the general behavior of the american citizen.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:32 AM

lol, nah, no bitch ass is gonna call the cops about that, they would go to jail for wasting their time.  some guy might try and punch you in the face though.

Lordgodofhell
  • Lordgodofhell

Real life ghost

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:43 AM

Didn't read all the comments so forgive me if this has been said.

I also have had this happen at Sonar Collections Dock. While trying to pinpoint the location of the hidden map message I figured it could be the dock. So I went and saw a guy standing at the end of it. I approach him and he says the same thing about calling the cops.

I let him do it. Waited in the water for the cops to leave. Then made him regret it.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:17 AM

shouldve made him regret it first because then someone else calls the cops and you gotta hide for 5 minutes again, lol!

glunark
  • glunark

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:54 AM

I went to the top of the mountain where there are mounted binoculars, I clicked to look through the binoculars and spoiled someone elses view who was stood behind me.

He called the cops because I was stood near him.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users