How will GTA Online be released?

10 replies to this topic
SummersJr27
  • SummersJr27

SummersJr27

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:49 PM

I'm sure this is topic as already been answered, but recently i've been trying to find out how the Online game will be released on Tuesday. Will I just go into the game and then get a notification that I have an update? Or will it be a completely different download and recognized as a completely different game in the "My Games" library?

MactoTillDeath
  • MactoTillDeath

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:52 PM

Yes, there will some content to download. It's not all server side.

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:58 PM

My guess is late and with plenty of bugs   :lol:

MactoTillDeath
  • MactoTillDeath

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:00 PM Edited by MactoTillDeath, 26 September 2013 - 08:01 PM.

R× has already made an official announcement telling people to expect server issues within the first few days of launch.

Sorry, I meant WEEKS not days as said above. Hard to edit on my phone.

bloodblossom
  • bloodblossom

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:04 PM

there will be an update... you go into the game then select the 4th slot on the character wheel to create your online character.. after that you do a small tutorial for online with your new character and then you can freely switch between your online/offline characters just as you do to switch between michael trevor and franklin.

• SummersJr27 likes this

Mavsynchroid
  • Mavsynchroid

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:54 PM Edited by Mavsynchroid, 26 September 2013 - 08:54 PM.

R× has already made an official announcement telling people to expect server issues within the first few days of launch.

Sorry, I meant WEEKS not days as said above. Hard to edit on my phone.
Sad that game companies are now even letting people know ahead of time their launch will most likely screw up.

What other industry acts this way? And they wonder why gamers flip out.

MactoTillDeath
  • MactoTillDeath

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:04 PM

In Rockstars defense, there was no way to predict the popularity of the game. It was greater than what they imagined. They already spent millions on hardware and development and have done many stress tests on the servers already. Even such, the amount of people trying to get on GTAO on launch day will still be too much at times.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:17 PM

I can understand how games in the first few weeks dont always work online the way that you would want/expect them too. It is frustrating but at times you just have to be patient as a gamer at times.

ClingingMArs
  • ClingingMArs

=AoD= Prospect

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:24 PM

This game SHATTERED video game revenue records...which means a sh*t ton of people, a lot of which have Live or use a PS3. Not to mention it's probably only going to add to the player base.

I can understand how games in the first few weeks dont always work online the way that you would want/expect them too. It is frustrating but at times you just have to be patient as a gamer at times.

Spoiler

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:27 PM

Anyway R* haven't said that it will fail, they just said that to be prepared if it does:

The first couple of weeks we expect to be heavily focused on tuning the experience as it goes from internal testing to the reality of being played by tons of people in the real world so that all the usual teething problems for an online game are overcome. We hope it will all run incredibly smoothly, but please bear with us if it doesn't, and help us fix any and all problems!

I think that is a fair enough comment, IMO. A little more honest than alot of game companies would be.

bloodblossom
  • bloodblossom

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:29 PM Edited by bloodblossom, 26 September 2013 - 09:34 PM.

video games only have to go thru this because no other media involves millions of people logging onto servers at once (if at all)... movies dont use the internet to run and things like netflix dont get quite as much attention as movies from netflix launch at theaters.  on top of that they have to consider that many of these players may play for a few days (or just 1 day) then never play online again.. so they cant go overboard and buy too many servers.

and then there are some people who have some sorta crazy fear of the internet and will refuse to even touch the online at all even if they were offered money to do so for whatever reason... 

so its hard for them to estimate how much server space they need.. and if you think you could do better id love to see you try.

also.. this was aimed at mav and his comment on why game companies do this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users