Quantcast

» «
Photo

Are you going to be able to buy ANY car in GTAO?

16 replies to this topic
blues3531
  • blues3531

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:11 PM

I remember being excited for buying cars this time around because it meant you could get exactly what you wanted without having to search for and steal/evade cops etc. Then was disappointed that the stupid in game internet has two car buying sites with not that many choices.

How hard would it have been for them to have a drop down menu with every single car the game listed? I'm assuming not hard at all, all it does is call up a function to spawn the car in your garage. I hope we can get any variation of any car online.

Mason27
  • Mason27

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:02 PM

I remember being excited for buying cars this time around because it meant you could get exactly what you wanted without having to search for and steal/evade cops etc. Then was disappointed that the stupid in game internet has two car buying sites with not that many choices.

How hard would it have been for them to have a drop down menu with every single car the game listed? I'm assuming not hard at all, all it does is call up a function to spawn the car in your garage. I hope we can get any variation of any car online.

I wish we could buy the junky sh*t, too.  There's a mini-van that looks like an Oldsmobile Silhouette that has my name all over it.  

MactoTillDeath
  • MactoTillDeath

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:08 PM

It will be different in GTAO. New vehicles will be released with free DLC packs and once available you can purchase them online.

You can even turn your garage into a showroom and invite people in to see all your tricked out rides. ;)

Dostoe1
  • Dostoe1

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:10 PM Edited by Dostoe1, 26 September 2013 - 09:10 PM.

Mac, I have a question about this if you don't mind answering.

Since the entire point of online is to build up your money and buy cars, I'm assuming that if we steal other players' (or NPC cars) then we can't save them, correct?

Otherwise, there just seems to be no point to saving up the money to buy cars.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:15 PM

I always thought that we would be able to buy any vehicle that we wanted and i haven't changed from that opinion. I know that not every car is avaliable to buy in single player but GTA: Online will be similar in ways to the single player but not in the vehicles aspect i think.

MactoTillDeath
  • MactoTillDeath

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:15 PM

Mac, I have a question about this if you don't mind answering.

Since the entire point of online is to build up your money and buy cars, I'm assuming that if we steal other players' (or NPC cars) then we can't save them, correct?

Otherwise, there just seems to be no point to saving up the money to buy cars.

You most certainly can steal cars from other players and NPCs. Thanks to insurance, if someone jacks your ride you can get it replaced for a fraction of what you paid for it.

The difference between buying and stealing the cars is the insurance. You can not insure a stolen vehicle. As such, if someone steals it from you or you completely destroy it, it's gone forever, regardless of any customizations you did on it.

But don't tell anyone ;)
  • _KC likes this

Dostoe1
  • Dostoe1

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:17 PM

Can we "save" the stolen cars though? In other words, if I just go around stealing cars, I would never need to buy any, ruining some of the point of the online in my opinion.

MactoTillDeath
  • MactoTillDeath

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:25 PM

Can we "save" the stolen cars though? In other words, if I just go around stealing cars, I would never need to buy any, ruining some of the point of the online in my opinion.

Yes you can save them. I can't give too much away, but let's just say it won't be super beneficial to keep stealing cars from people. R* thought of this already and if people could just car jack random players all willy-nilly then that would ruin the game for people.

If someone car jacks you, you can put a bounty on them for revenge.

When you steal from NPC's you can't insure them. So if you spend a bunch of money on stolen rides an you destroy them, lose them or get them stolen, that's all on you.

Mason27
  • Mason27

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:29 PM

Yes you can save them. I can't give too much away, but let's just say it won't be super beneficial to keep stealing cars from people. R* thought of this already and if people could just car jack random players all willy-nilly then that would ruin the game for people.

When you steal from NPC's you can't insure them. So if you spend a bunch of money on stolen rides an you destroy them, lose them or get them stolen, that's all on you.

I think he means: if someone steals your car, you just steal an NPC one off the street and move on.  Park them in the garage and keep it.  Go steal another, etc.  Then you can build up enough that if they get destroyed or someone steals it, it doesn't matter.  Sure you'd lose any improvements, but maybe some people don't care as much about that. 

tubby custardd
  • tubby custardd

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:35 PM

I wanna buy a futo for my character. Everyone is gonna have their super cars while I'm keeping it oldschool.

LJseemyflow
  • LJseemyflow

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:08 PM

I wanna buy a futo for my character. Everyone is gonna have their super cars while I'm keeping it oldschool.

Ur not the only one i use to love the balista compact if it available online that's my first car to buy :)

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:52 AM

How do you know this? Can't you change the liscense plate? Thats what Rockstar was talking about a while ago that without changing the plate, you can't insure it.

blues3531
  • blues3531

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:08 AM Edited by blues3531, 27 September 2013 - 04:08 AM.

It will be different in GTAO. New vehicles will be released with free DLC packs and once available you can purchase them online.

You can even turn your garage into a showroom and invite people in to see all your tricked out rides. ;)

that doesn't answer it though. Sure new vehicles cool. But I want something like a 9F cabrio which seems to have completely disappeared from the spawn list after completing the main story. Seriously have searched for this car for 3 in real life days and have not found it. Only had it early on with Franklin and have since lost it.

My point is I want to be able to select any car and every version of it, meaning convertible or not etc.

blues3531
  • blues3531

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:11 AM

Ur not the only one i use to love the balista compact if it available online that's my first car to buy :)

Agree. I like the simple cars too. I just want my Sentinel XS hardtop and I'll be happy. Not a cheap car by any means but not a super car.

ReconzVenture
  • ReconzVenture

Eccentric Raver

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:09 AM

Agree. I like the simple cars too. I just want my Sentinel XS hardtop and I'll be happy. Not a cheap car by any means but not a super car.

I too am not going for any super dooper flashy cars. Muscle cars for me. I can see my first car probably being either a Phoenix or a Ruiner. In matte black of course ;)

DEERxBanshee
  • DEERxBanshee

Badder den dem

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:57 AM

Yeah pretty sure you have to change license plate to insure stolen car and most mod shops won't deal with stolen cars. Probably will after you become well acquainted with the owner

DocPip
  • DocPip

Trick

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:21 PM

Source?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users