The Next GTA Should Be Online Only

97 replies to this topic
ExtendUnlimited
  • ExtendUnlimited

What did you say?!

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:40 PM

People saying f*ck online yet they are on the internet, yeah f*ck that logic. PS3 and Xbox 360 were mostly about online gaming yet people still can't deal with it after all these years that pass by.

Rudolf
  • Rudolf

AMF Advisor

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:56 PM

I think GTA should continue to focus on both single player AND multiplayer. While multiplayer seems to be the trending one, single player is still for those who don't want to be continuously annoyed and interfered by 13 year olds. That way you can still have fun interacting with the world - which is totally single player anyway, since the only multiplayer part are a bunch of extra human players who interact with.. you guessed it, the single player world.

And yes sometimes it IS more relaxing to screw around in the world without adrenaline and competition. The ones that crave only for competition are those who have boring lives anyway. Screw that, sometimes I choose to play in a relaxed way and I'm glad it's still possible.

Nevertheless, GTA seems to be shifting towards buying content indeed, it just started off with those money boosters, and I'm confindent more will come. Paying real money to customize gameplay will be part of the next GTA, simply because they can make money there.

• Witchking Of Angmar likes this

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, I always carry my heat in these streets

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:26 PM

Well if Rockstar do online only for the next GTA, then I probably will not buy it. It's as simple as that.
  • John Smith likes this

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:40 PM

Well if Rockstar do online only for the next GTA, then I probably will not buy it. It's as simple as that.

^^^This.

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:44 PM

I'd buy it anyway, but I would not be happy about it.

TenEightyOne
  • TenEightyOne

We're bouncing now?

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:08 PM

People saying f*ck online yet they are on the internet, yeah f*ck that logic. PS3 and Xbox 360 were mostly about online gaming yet people still can't deal with it after all these years that pass by.

You're confusing the discussion about GTA Online with "being online". You then go on to say that PS3 and XB360 were mostly about online gaming... I disagree. They were certainly the most robust platform for online growth that we've had to date but you should restate that sentence as your opinion. It's certainly not fact.

• bish0p2004 likes this

ry12111
  • ry12111

Prankster

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:14 PM

I hate online id much rather play games on my own or get a few mates round if im playing fifa or something but i don't really wanna see GTA going mp only that would be awful 

yonatan755
  • yonatan755

Playa

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:24 PM Edited by yonatan755, 26 September 2013 - 11:25 PM.

Thos o

People that hate Online are just afraid of competition. They want their safe little bubble world where they can defeat the computer AI and feel special.

Games are about competition and rivalry. They are supposed to be tense and exhilarating, not just some walk in the park.  The single player crybabies have a right to be totally lame, but they are not representative of the direction gaming should take.

Welcome to 2013 motherf*ckers.  The modern world sucks but the Internet is a fact of life.  You might be able to avoid it by taking your PS2 to a secluded cabin in South Dakota and playing San Andreas over and over while masturbating to half-naked CJ centerfolds, but the rest of us will be participating in massive and immersive online worlds with cutting edge gameplay.

This

This isn't a f*cking sports. you're not on the olympic.

video games are supposed to be fun and exciting

Games like bioshock infinite prove that single player has alot to offer, that game delivered something that no online based sh*t can doe tense and exhilarating?

are you f*cking kidding me?

video games are suppoused to be fun and creative, they can be just like a movie or a tv show, just interactive.

• bish0p2004 likes this

ExtendUnlimited
  • ExtendUnlimited

What did you say?!

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:50 PM Edited by ExtendUnlimited, 26 September 2013 - 11:52 PM.

You're confusing the discussion about GTA Online with "being online". You then go on to say that PS3 and XB360 were mostly  about online gaming... I disagree. They were certainly the most robust platform for online growth that we've had to date but you should restate that sentence as your opinion. It's certainly not fact.

Rockstar was focus more on Online than Single player, it is certainly fact now. My opinion, your opinion I disagree! That underline sentence is enough for me to say it is certainly right, online gaming is taking over. Even these kids these days are always on their laptops, Ipads and Iphones sh*ttttttt. Everything is always online, might as well deal with it. :(

dp415263
  • dp415263

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:16 AM

Uh no Online is complete sh*t

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:56 AM

Okay...f*ck online gaming then. Happy now?

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:03 AM

Thos o

People that hate Online are just afraid of competition. They want their safe little bubble world where they can defeat the computer AI and feel special.

Games are about competition and rivalry. They are supposed to be tense and exhilarating, not just some walk in the park.  The single player crybabies have a right to be totally lame, but they are not representative of the direction gaming should take.

Welcome to 2013 motherf*ckers.  The modern world sucks but the Internet is a fact of life.  You might be able to avoid it by taking your PS2 to a secluded cabin in South Dakota and playing San Andreas over and over while masturbating to half-naked CJ centerfolds, but the rest of us will be participating in massive and immersive online worlds with cutting edge gameplay.

This

This isn't a f*cking sports. you're not on the olympic.

video games are supposed to be fun and exciting
Games like bioshock infinite prove that single player has alot to offer, that game delivered something that no online based sh*t can doe tense and exhilarating?
are you f*cking kidding me?
video games are suppoused to be fun and creative, they can be just like a movie or a tv show, just interactive.

I swear, these guys value their video game skills so much that they actually think people have a real fear of them.

I've never seen a sillier belief in my life.

Hell, if that's all you have to going on for you, fine...but don't project that crap onto others who could care less about stupid sh*t like "l33t skillz."

el-cobra
  • el-cobra

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:05 AM

yes offline is boring and crap i got bored off it after a few missions and have not played gta since a week and half now online is where gta starts for me 

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:10 AM Edited by natethegreatforlife, 27 September 2013 - 03:10 AM.

No! The next game should be all offline. You stupid bastards that want all online stuff, no discs, massive downloads, huge subscriptions ect, go f*ck yourselves and move to mars.

Why-not-both.jpg

Well, why not?

mikecyclexxx
  • mikecyclexxx

The Shootist

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:13 AM

Op must be high.

Personally i think online should be ditched all together to focus on the story of single player.

RIP gta story telling already.

MisterT_T
  • MisterT_T

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:18 AM

Ehm guys you are all f*cktards if you haven't realised that there will be NO new GTA as GTA Online is going to be the new thing...
Leslie Benzies already said that they will eventually launch other cities etc with new mechanics, physics, missions etc and that it's not a part of GTA V, it just takes place at the same city as first but will eventually grown into its own thing.

So yeah as GTA Online is going to be something they will update frequently and have running for years, you really think they would work on another GTA as well? Because how will multiplayer for that game work? Then it would only be singleplayer and they would obviously already have launched all the cities that they have in mind in GTA Online so what city would they choose next for GTA 6? Nothing would be new and therefor they woulden't waste time on making it. I was right about GTA Online before it was even announced that it would be some kind of RPG style where you could buy houses etc, and eventually grown into an mmorpg when launching on Next Gen as then they can have a higher player base than just 16 without any hardware issues.

I was also right that the driving in GTA V would suck and that there would be no basketball either, sad that I'm right on bad stuff but well this isn't really a bad thing as now we won't have to wait 5 years for new stuff as they will add and update stuff in GTA Online all the time!

Hitchens
  • Hitchens

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:17 AM

Next gen GTA wishlist:

Enormous map with multiple cities/towns/districts

Always online gameplay with dynamic changes and persistent world

A player-controlled economy 

Massively improved NPC AI

...take those four main points and add all of the little details and you basically have the best game ever made.

By taking development resources away from SP you can make a truly intense and crowd pleasing experience that will appeal to every play style.  PvPers and Mission monkeys will both have their needs satisfied.

The only ones that will cry will be the "I never play online" cockholsters but those guys are becoming increasingly irrelevant and soon will never be taken seriously again.

I have high hopes for GTA Online but I think the real revolution will be with GTA 6 if they do it right.

OR f*ckin GASMIC  POST!!!!

ME TOO!!

Multiplayer should've been the future of gaming. Had to reply before I read the comments of those who have no friends or married females who control them with the vagina.

Nathaaann
  • Nathaaann

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:20 AM

Yep, nothing's better than going about your own business and then having some 12 year old in a jet constantly blowing you up because he has nothing better to do.

Hitchens
  • Hitchens

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:32 AM

Thankfully I'm grown enough not to really be too excited about games any more.

Can't stand this mentality. So should golfers stop caring about getting a new set of clubs because they turn 40? What about a train set builder, "nah, I don't care about new models, I'm to old to get excited"

Ugh...

Uvirith
  • Uvirith

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:39 AM

100% Agree

YadiYada
  • YadiYada

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:45 AM

People who only like MP are the cancers.
It's because of you people that there's so many f*cking games adding in MP. What's worse is, they usually suck at making both SP and MP.

ShaolinMaster
  • ShaolinMaster

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:55 AM

Why just play online, when we can have both?

Hitchens
  • Hitchens

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:00 AM

So they can focus on making online better instead of wasting time with SP.

It's better to play with friends.  :)

Wylight
  • Wylight

GTA4Life!

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:49 PM

Since they only care about GTA ONLINE this might as well happen 

Yeah, what's next? MMORPG elements? Level up your character? Pay for extra clothing, guns, special abilities?

Stop trolling. Because as authentic and unique of a studio Rockstar is, just like any business, they are always looking for ways to milk people of money...

GTA is a magical product. I've seen too many games get destroyed by focusing too much on:

online play

microtransactions

casual gamers

Lets hope Rockstar, as intellectual and witty as they are - despite how big they've grown, will not make a mistake as stupid as focusing more on online than single player....

They already did, the single player of GTA V is lame and the ONLINE is expected to bring more, I think they even said something like '' GTA V is a tutorial for GTA ONLINE, the real game ''. Need I say more ?

JonRenemy
  • JonRenemy

Greater Than Great

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:10 PM

Since they only care about GTA ONLINE this might as well happen 

Yeah, what's next? MMORPG elements? Level up your character? Pay for extra clothing, guns, special abilities?

Stop trolling. Because as authentic and unique of a studio Rockstar is, just like any business, they are always looking for ways to milk people of money...

GTA is a magical product. I've seen too many games get destroyed by focusing too much on:

online play

microtransactions

casual gamers

Lets hope Rockstar, as intellectual and witty as they are - despite how big they've grown, will not make a mistake as stupid as focusing more on online than single player....

They already did, the single player of GTA V is lame and the ONLINE is expected to bring more, I think they even said something like '' GTA V is a tutorial for GTA ONLINE, the real game ''. Need I say more ?

No... no they didn't say that.

A cock.

Why must you be one.

GuantanamoObama
  • GuantanamoObama

That is to say, Cunnilingus

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:22 PM

QFT.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich, so wie du bist.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:26 PM

This was my reaction when I read the title:

48259.jpg

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:31 PM

Online only? That would be the death of R*.

VALDE85
  • VALDE85

CLASSIC CONTROLS BACK

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:41 PM

f*ck YOU

VALDE85
  • VALDE85

CLASSIC CONTROLS BACK

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:43 PM

WHAT IF YOUR f*ckING INTERNET STOPS WORKING ARE YOU A f*ckING IDIOT?ONLY ONLINE GAMES GO JERK OFF WITH YOUR MULTICITY FANTASY

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users