Photo

The Next GTA Should Be Online Only

97 replies to this topic
johntheguy
  • johntheguy

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:36 PM

Lets hope Rockstar, as intellectual and witty as they are - despite how big they've grown, will not make a mistake as stupid as focusing more on online than single player....

It wouldn't be a mistake.  It would be the smart and sensible thing to do, both from a financial perspective and from a development one.  To ignore online play would be to ignore the future of the industry, which is financial suicide.

Just because a game is online doesn't mean there can't be a significant single player element.  But taking resources away from what could be an incredible online experience to focus on SP is the wrong move.

SP and computer AI can never match the unpredictable and ever-changing nature of an online world.

celtics345
  • celtics345

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:37 PM

No.

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:40 PM

Sinle player is for losers. GTA ONLINE is the real deal. Face it. R* just doesn't give a damn about single player.

YdJSstQ.gif

• NADOLNY and Neoflite like this

Vellocet
  • Vellocet

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:44 PM

Have you abused to much on crack or something ? of course not.

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:45 PM Edited by Dope_0110, 26 September 2013 - 07:45 PM.

From an artistic point of view, online would just ruin GTA as a medium that is already on par with the best movies when it comes to telling a moderd crime story and yet giving the player one of the best gaming experiences, and having all that tied together.

From a business point of view online is the future (actually it's already present) and nothing can change that. And Rockstar is a business so online is the way they will go, just like any other big developer. Sucks for us who just want to play a game with a good story and not bother with random immature players.. but that's a fact we have to accept.

Thankfully I'm grown enough not to really be too excited about games any more, and if VI is even more focused on online than V already is, then I just won't play it and will find something else to enjoy when I feel like playing a game.

• yonatan755 likes this

stevean2
  • stevean2

Fast As You Can Fap!

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:47 PM

I swear the next Rockstar game I will not be buying at launch... GTA 5 has proven that Rockstar is mostly concerned with online now so no thanks... And if its online only I'll buy it Black Friday of the following year.

I think you've proven to be incapable of enjoying any game that's not some adrenaline pumped copy-pasted first person shooter with EXTREME REALISM 

Mind telling me how the hell you are going to categorize me when you don't even know me? Stupid ass... 

From your persistence on jumping on any negative GTA V thread posting your negative opinions everywhere bashing the game for any minor thing. "Oh the driving isnt like IV even though Rockstar never said it'd be"

Drop your pants... Spread your ass and tell rockstar to bleep you like a groupie... 

Mature.

johntheguy
  • johntheguy

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:48 PM

Have you abused to much on crack or something ? of course not.

Your first sentence makes little to no sense.  It seems that you were trying to ask if I abuse crack.  You failed in numerous ways. 

Then you followed it up with "of course not", which makes even less sense in context.

Thanks for failing, see you next semester.

Woll Smoth
  • Woll Smoth

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:51 PM

Sinle player is for losers. GTA ONLINE is the real deal. Face it. R* just doesn't give a damn about single player.

Get your ass back to call of dooty, nigga!

• NADOLNY likes this

SuperDuperGta
  • SuperDuperGta

Homie

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:52 PM

How frikkin weird is it that they have included the insurance feature in GTAO but not SP

• yonatan755 likes this

TheTruthOnly
  • TheTruthOnly

Street Cat

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:58 PM

I hate online gaming, so NO.

iALLOUT4eva
  • iALLOUT4eva

GTA Gunner

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:00 PM

f*ck online. The first day its an even playing field and 1 day later its 100 no life having motherf*ckers who have been playing 24/7 who are at level 100. Leaving all the people with lives outside of video games to get owned.

TenEightyOne
  • TenEightyOne

We're bouncing now?

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:02 PM

f*ck online. The first day its an even playing field and 1 day later its 100 no life having motherf*ckers who have been playing 24/7 who are at level 100. Leaving all the people with lives outside of video games to get owned.

That's a very good point which I hadn't thought of.

I'd add that currently we have an SP game that requires online for certain features only...and that really isn't working terribly well right now. If the whole game was online-only right now it would have been a big PR disaster for R*, particularly in the "casual" market.

Neoflite
  • Neoflite

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:02 PM

How frikkin weird is it that they have included the insurance feature in GTAO but not SP

Could`ve been a temporary fix for the cars disappearing.

Neoflite
  • Neoflite

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:03 PM

That's a very good point which I hadn't thought of.

I'd add that currently we have an SP game that requires online for certain features only...and that really isn't working terribly well right now. If the whole game was online-only right now it would have been a big PR disaster for R*, particularly in the "casual" market.

And it`s not even October 1st yet *server Meltdown*

Utopian Cynicism
  • Utopian Cynicism

Previously Known as: Telektoniks

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:04 PM

People that hate Online are just afraid of competition. They want their safe little bubble world where they can defeat the computer AI and feel special.

Games are about competition and rivalry. They are supposed to be tense and exhilarating, not just some walk in the park.  The single player crybabies have a right to be totally lame, but they are not representative of the direction gaming should take.

Welcome to 2013 motherf*ckers.  The modern world sucks but the Internet is a fact of life.  You might be able to avoid it by taking your PS2 to a secluded cabin in South Dakota and playing San Andreas over and over while masturbating to half-naked CJ centerfolds, but the rest of us will be participating in massive and immersive online worlds with cutting edge gameplay.

This dumbass probably lives in Los Angeles or something. Trust me, I would love to have constant internet connection but a lot of us live in sh*t podunk towns that don't have such a convenience. I've tried calling Comcast to get high speed internet but they said it will cost me $10,000 just to extend the line out to my house which is less than 200 feet away. That's how bad it is.

2gutta
  • 2gutta

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:06 PM

People that hate Online are just afraid of competition. They want their safe little bubble world where they can defeat the computer AI and feel special.

Games are about competition and rivalry. They are supposed to be tense and exhilarating, not just some walk in the park.  The single player crybabies have a right to be totally lame, but they are not representative of the direction gaming should take.

Welcome to 2013 motherf*ckers.  The modern world sucks but the Internet is a fact of life.  You might be able to avoid it by taking your PS2 to a secluded cabin in South Dakota and playing San Andreas over and over while masturbating to half-naked CJ centerfolds, but the rest of us will be participating in massive and immersive online worlds with cutting edge gameplay.

This

TenEightyOne
  • TenEightyOne

We're bouncing now?

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:14 PM

This

Opinions like that worry me... that's like you saying that it's up to you how people play the game. It really isn't, it's their money and their choice. I'm happy that Online gives you all you want - it does for me too, but that isn't for everyone.

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:16 PM

No. One of most important elements of this game that gave it's popularity is single player. No need to be explained. 

• yonatan755 likes this

Raptomex
  • Raptomex

Listen to Slayer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:19 PM

It really shouldn't. I don't play GTA for it's multiplayer. I think I speak for many fans when I say GTA has always been an excellent single player experience. There is no need to ruin that ever.

Z1000
  • Z1000

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:20 PM

f*ck online

agreed. online sucks, SP ftw.

Neoflite
  • Neoflite

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:22 PM

It really shouldn't. I don't play GTA for it's multiplayer. I think I speak for many fans when I say GTA has always been an excellent single player experience. There is no need to ruin that ever.

Well there is one reason why R* would ruin SP: $$$

But they should know by now that a great single-player game (with multiplayer as an addition) can make big bucks.

FearTheLiving
  • FearTheLiving

Giovane D'onore

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:23 PM

Hell, no!

BoomBoomMAN
  • BoomBoomMAN

BomBomMan

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:25 PM

This.

I bet single player bitches have no facebooks as they dont have any photos to share. Single player bitches oh such losers.

Clay33
  • Clay33

Prankster

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:26 PM

blahblahblah

VivaSonny
  • VivaSonny

San Andreas utopian

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:32 PM

ick.gif

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:34 PM

What's with all of the "Go back to call of duty" people in here? Some people don't want an online focused game, so they should go get an online focused game? What?

Plus there's also all the usual hardcore gamer bullsh*t in here. If gaming keeps getting more like sports we'll soon be seeing gaming steroids and gaming branded jock straps.

• yonatan755 likes this

swagbucks
  • swagbucks

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:04 PM

johntheguy

shut the f*ck upp. online only is the biggest piece of sh*t you can ask for. what happens when 15 years down the line or hell even lesss when the servers are no longer available ? atleast with single player there is no limitations. f*cking dumb ass lil kids making these topics. 

EvilFuture
  • EvilFuture

To Harm and Withhold™

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:06 PM

Read the title and that's all it took.... worst f*cking idea ever award goes to...

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:11 PM Edited by KillaDanny, 26 September 2013 - 09:15 PM.

Nah... I like myself a good campaign to enjoy specially in open worlds games like GTA so I think they did a good job this time

Do a good SP Campaign and create a totally new online mode (kind of MMO) to shine along with GTA V... 

Raptomex
  • Raptomex

Listen to Slayer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:33 PM

Well there is one reason why R* would ruin SP: $$$
But they should know by now that a great single-player game (with multiplayer as an addition) can make big bucks.
Yes. Indeed it can. I don't mind Online. I just want to keep the great SP. No reason we can't have both.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users