Photo

Why are so many people avoiding cheats?

51 replies to this topic
Alsith
  • Alsith

Party!

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:00 PM

I've completed the game with no cheats. I don't plan to use cheats now either. Why? Because I don't like cheats, they make the game too easy.

blackrooster_
  • blackrooster_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:08 PM

I never used cheats on GTA IV and I haven't used any on V yet. The only cheat that I'm interested in so far is the Slidey Cars one, because I dislike the downgrade in driving mechanics. For the most part, though, I've never found cheats to be much much, except for maybe the Flying Cars cheat in whatever past game that was.

If you get stuck out in the middle of nowhere and lose your car, why not just reload your game? And ... how are you losing your vehicle anyway? The damage mechanics are so pedestrian now, you'd really have to ditch it in the water to become stranded.

I lose my vehicle in the middle of nowhere all the time. Sometimes I drive carefully and sometimes just very recklessly. I'll be going off road purposefully without hitting the brakes too much and jumping over hills and stuff, or just driving right off a raised highway. The most common thing for me is having the wheels blocked to the point where the car becomes pretty useless. I've lost a few in the LA river storm drains too in deeper places. I haven't used any cheats yet though, I'm a patient person and there's almost always a road within a minute of walking or less.

I guess I need to start driving more recklessly. lol I've only lost my car once, and that was because I went down some big hills and then landed it in the water. I've found it almost impossible to damage my car to the point of being undriveable. Even when it's missing a wheel, it drives almost perfectly ... not a tire ... a WHEEL. lol

kopkiller666
  • kopkiller666

I kill Police Officers

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:16 PM

disables trophies.

jointmasta
  • jointmasta

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:17 PM

I guess I need to start driving more recklessly. lol I've only lost my car once, and that was because I went down some big hills and then landed it in the water. I've found it almost impossible to damage my car to the point of being undriveable. Even when it's missing a wheel, it drives almost perfectly ... not a tire ... a WHEEL. lol

if you smash into enough walls fences trees cacti hill sides etc. your vehicles engine will eventually die, also yea you can still drive without a wheel but it eventually slows you to a crawl if you keep driving on it....... i do a lot of full throttle driving and drifting off road and on road. needless to say i blow through cars fast.

Eddie_1100
  • Eddie_1100

In the deep end

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:59 PM

people dont use cheats anymore cause you really dont need to. back in the old versions when you lost all your weapons after a death it made a lot of sense.

the only ones id imagine using nowadays would be spawn a vehicle for when you out in the boonies and your car breaks down .....  or lose wanted level but then the game is boring. but if you need a cheat to lose your wanted level you then you dont deserve to play GTA.

yeah ive noticed the change over the years and i like that alot of the games these days make the game balanced/entertaining enough where you dont need them. but at the same time thats why i miss the whacky cheats, the riot cheats, cars floating away when hit, cars float on water. sometimes i might get lazy and wanna spawn a hydra and flight to mount chiliad. to me it's not really a big deal but i think it would be neat if rockstar considered that and bring back more or more creative cheats in the next one..

apoapsis1001
  • apoapsis1001

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:33 AM

my question is, why are so many people making stupid threads? this game is a f*cking masterpiece and you're worried about cheats?  blows my goddamn mind.

fish 1016
  • fish 1016

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:31 AM

ive playing since the first game came out when I was 7 and I used cheats all the way up top San Andreas but thats cuz I was younger n just liked f*cking sh*t up but I love video games and really appreciate realism and the story and how the updated the products as I got older so I don't use them until the end anymore so I can experience the game the way it was meant to be

Ragref
  • Ragref

Fighting terror!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:33 AM Edited by Ragref, 27 September 2013 - 02:33 AM.

It blocks achievements, which I don't want.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:40 AM

Cheaters never really win.  They miss the whole game experience.  For an experienced gamer cheating is just a waste of time and there is no point even playing a game if you are going to cheat to win, cause you didnt really win.   Games are designed to be played and they are possible to beat without cheating, you just have to figure out the way to do it, solve the problem, try different tactics to complete the goal, and that is the GAME part.  If you cant figure out how to do it, then perhaps its to difficult of a game for you and you should go back to playing tic tac toe or something. If you cheat to beat the mission you learn nothing, you gain nothing, and its not even fun because there was no challenge.  you might as well just watch a movie, lol!

strakan7
  • strakan7

Thug

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:44 AM

the cheats just arent that good this time around, i prefer to play 'vanilla' these days and you unlock all the cool stuff as you go along. They can be fun sometimes but cheating means less fun overall for me these days. Skill is where its at

Mr Shakotan
  • Mr Shakotan

Ride Low and get high

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:44 AM

Maybe because you can't save them into your phone, and once you die they're gone. To me it's not worth putting in a 12 button input to "lower wanted level" when by the time I have got it the cops will have already killed me.

game is too easy already

Because cheats are for experimenting with once you've completed your goals. I do intend to mess around with them eventually but for now I'm completely content without them

For regular gameplay....HELL NO! That's for pizza faced kids! :lol: :lol:

Exactly... ^  well said fellas

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:08 AM

Because I am a Trophy whore.

Scooby803
  • Scooby803

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:16 AM

In my opinion the cheats aren't as fun as the older GTA games

thebazeman
  • thebazeman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:09 AM Edited by thebazeman, 27 September 2013 - 06:10 AM.

usually i finish the game once before i start to cheat.

but in GTA V there are no funny cheats and it's too easy anyway. rockstar is destroying the spirit of GTA.

Fallout3
  • Fallout3

Cereal Killer

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:29 AM

Trophies/Achievements. That's it.

drunkenyeknom
  • drunkenyeknom

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:40 AM

i for one ALWAYS used cheats in the GTA games but for once i actually wanted to try and beat a game without cheating. lol

the only exception is i used a parachute cheat once and didn't even save lol. i'm obviously gonna use them after 100%

1892grey
  • 1892grey

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:05 AM

Because I feel better knowing I beat the game without cheating

But the cheats can't be used during missions anyway, and none of the cheats really help with anything other than enjoyment during free-roam, so it's not like it is making completing the game any easier. Are you guys seriously telling me if you were stuck in the mountains or middle of the desert with no vehicle you would spend ages walking to the nearing road than put in a 2 second code to avoid wasting time?

Yes I would/do as the running helps build stamina levels lol and anyways if I got bored of that then just switch to a different character.

I've not used cheats since vice city when I had a cheat disc. But at the time I was about 13 so it was excusable. Never used them on SA, IV, LAD/BOGT, or V and I don't intend to

robbo216
  • robbo216

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:41 AM

my question is, why are so many people making stupid threads? this game is a f*cking masterpiece and you're worried about cheats?  blows my goddamn mind.

Wow, don't cry! This is a forum you idiot, do you want every thread about the same thing? This is obviously a subject in which a lot of people have views on. And who exactly is "worried about cheats", the original question was why are people so much more hesitant to use them, compared to previous GTAs.

It seems most people don't bother because;

a) cheats are fairly useless in this GTA (no weapons, ped riot, lame vehicles etc.)

b) game is too easy without them

c) can't unlock trophies

d) morally wrong to cheat

e) feel like you're missing out on some aspects of the game with cheats

All fair reasons I think, I suppose I just really couldn't care less about trophies, I'm well on my way to 100% but cheats certainly haven't helped me to do that. I've also explored most of the map in depth, and if anything cheats can only help with that, surely? I just wish they added some decent cheats like the older GTAs.

nexoric
  • nexoric

Homie

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:19 PM Edited by nexoric, 27 September 2013 - 06:20 PM.

I can't believe people still stay away from cheats even after completing the game and side missions. Someone said

I've completed the game with no cheats. I don't plan to use cheats now either. Why? Because I don't like cheats, they make the game too easy.

Too easy? If you completed the game and side missions then there is no difficulty anymore lol. WTF? Whatever, you're missing out on more opportunities in the game that you paid for.

cjspeed
  • cjspeed

Dead and Divine

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:42 PM Edited by cjspeed, 27 September 2013 - 06:44 PM.

I didn't use cheats while completing the story because, well, it's cheating :p But now that i'm done i don't care anymore. I will probably hold out with saving for a few more months until i decide i can't be bothered going for achievements because i'm not sad enough to care what my Gamerscore is.

But you're right, cheats are almost as big of a part of GTA as anything else, which is why it's disappointing that there are so little again. I want all of the cheats that you could get back in the 3D universe. And, if i'm completely honest, i'd like to be able to spawn any vehicle, i don't see why that would be a problem and i don't see why there are only a select few.

I'm hoping they introduce more cheats to the game, otherwise that's the only thing R* will have let me down on with this game.

The only reason that is acceptable not to use cheats is because it disables Trophies/Achievements, and maybe simply - "I don't want to". Any other reason is stupid.

IDEALmethod
  • IDEALmethod

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:11 PM

Completed the game story mode, no cheats used as I wanted to achieve trophies, if there were any. But now it's all done I don't mind cheating but I haven't tried because other than spawning a heli when I need to travel distances, the cheats don't give me anything I don't already have and as I cannot save the cheats, and they are a pain to enter I have not used one yet. Nothing to do no reason to go anywhere as story mode is complete. Now if there was a cheat for different weapons or vehicles I would play....

bongoclock
  • bongoclock

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:32 PM

Because I only need to buy Ammo every so often...spread across three dudes. The properties I have sustain my outgoing cash on ammo/armor, the extra gets put into stock, I get free cars and planes and helicopters...so really no reason to cheat. Wanted level is easy to lose, cops are tough but manageable if you remember you aren't a super hero. There is a nice spot on the Military Base where you can't really get killed...ever. Assuming you monitor your health and stay in cover!, with a jet typically available to make a get away, or one of the many tanks that will come.

Basically Ammo...there isn't any reason to buy property it seems, Garages don't store cars, and I can already golf whenever I want. Scrapyard is probably the best buy, because you rack up coin blowing sh*t up, which is pretty easy to do at the Military base.

Ya, no reason to use cheats...game is easy, game is fun...except not saving cars is sad...then again maybe some jack ass kids are stealing from my garage and this is how it feels to have your ride boosted.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users