» «
Photo

GTAO: Heists and robberies explained.

143 replies to this topic
ChromeAndroid
  • ChromeAndroid

You Bet

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:30 PM Edited by ChromeAndroid, 26 September 2013 - 08:31 PM.

Hold on hold on hold on hold on....

Is GTAForums really believing a guy to claim he's in the beta with absof*ckinglutely no proof?

Are you guys ill? You guys generally even bash people with proof!

This is the biggest BS I have ever seen! Do you think R* would really let some schmuck into the private beta who is dumb enough to post the info on forums after a crazy NDA? No. He would be tracked down and sued....

• Afroshroom likes this

MactoTillDeath
  • MactoTillDeath

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:32 PM

Yes, we know Heists will be implemented afterwards :) "the first few weeks"

Good ;) I was just waiting for the first person to say, heists don't come out until later so your lying!

Because people are weird like that.

ChromeAndroid
  • ChromeAndroid

You Bet

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:32 PM

Yes, we know Heists will be implemented afterwards :) "the first few weeks"

Good ;) I was just waiting for the first person to say, heists don't come out until later so your lying!

Because people are weird like that.

You are lying.

ChromeAndroid
  • ChromeAndroid

You Bet

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:33 PM Edited by ChromeAndroid, 26 September 2013 - 08:33 PM.

If you are dumb enough to post this info on the forums after signing a NDA, can you please post a picture of GTA online to prove it? No you can't do it? Then STFU

MactoTillDeath
  • MactoTillDeath

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:37 PM

Is GTAForums really believing a guy to claim he's in the beta with absof*ckinglutely no proof?

This is the biggest BS I have ever seen! Do you think R* would really let some schmuck into the private beta who is dumb enough to post the info on forums after a crazy NDA? No. He would be tracked down and sued....

You are WAYYYYY late to the party buddy. I already discussed in a previous post all about NDA's. This isn't the CIA man. As long as trade secrets or leaked media isn't revealed it's all good.

Also, to date, I'm still pretty sure I never officially said I'm a beta tester. And none of the information I'm sharing is restricted. ;)

Get your facts straight.

ChromeAndroid
  • ChromeAndroid

You Bet

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:40 PM Edited by ChromeAndroid, 26 September 2013 - 08:40 PM.

You are WAYYYYY late to the party buddy. I already discussed in a previous post all about NDA's. This isn't the CIA man. As long as trade secrets or leaked media isn't revealed it's all good.

Also, to date, I'm still pretty sure I never officially said I'm a beta tester. And none of the information I'm sharing is restricted. ;)

Get your facts straight.

Yea, you said you got your information from the beta test meaning you or someone you know is in it. And Yes any information from the beta would be restricted. Do you remember how hard they were on the release of V? Yea, its going to be like that for Online. Why else would no major gaming site really give out too much info at this point?

As the infamous line of the internet goes.... Pics or GTFO!

• Omar Comin likes this

Omar Comin
  • Omar Comin

Thug

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:44 PM

You could just post a picture..

MactoTillDeath
  • MactoTillDeath

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:50 PM

Get your facts straight.

Yea, you said you got your information from the beta test meaning you or someone you know is in it. And Yes any information from the beta would be restricted. Do you remember how hard they were on the release of V? Yea, its going to be like that for Online. Why else would no major gaming site really give out too much info at this point?

As the infamous line of the internet goes.... Pics or GTFO!

lol, ok dude. Whatever you say.

Point in case, I don't have to prove anything to anyone. I know that's a hard pill for people like you to swallow. People who automatically think everyone on the Internet is a liar and that you have a greater chance of winning the lottery than you do coming across an honest Internet stranger.

But hey, not my problem. Take the information as I give it or not at all. In the end, you will find out for yourself on October 1st.

If you had an ounce of common sense and were at all familiar with Rockstar games, not only would what I say seem plainly plausible, but you'd be able to research this stuff for yourself. As I stated before, I'm not a leaker. Posting screenshots of R* software before they permit it is a crime. The only reason mods don't erase my posts is because what I say is viable and I'm not breaking the law on their website. ;)

Any agreement between Rockstar and their testers is between them. You need not know the details or what they say can and can not be talked about.

• ImBoss450 likes this

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:52 PM

You could just post a picture..

You know he isn't allowed to do that. :)

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:18 PM

Ok.. so.. do you have ANY idea when they are planning to give us Heists?

bloodblossom
  • bloodblossom

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:23 PM

heres a question... will there be hackers? (like there were in single player) or are there no hackers for these heists?

MactoTillDeath
  • MactoTillDeath

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:52 PM

Ok.. so.. do you have ANY idea when they are planning to give us Heists?

Within the first couple weeks of launch. That's all anyone knows. Release dates and stuff like that are hearsay even to testers. All I know for a fact is that it will be free, just install and play.

• zainzombie likes this

smokey__
  • smokey__

High Hopes

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:54 PM

Oh, and just so everyone knows, because I didn't mention it at first and don't want to get blamed for it, the ability to perform heists is a DLC update that, unless R* changes their minds, will not be released with GTAO on October 1st.

The heists DLC is the feature that unlocks the planning board and the specific heist missions.

Don't blame me, folks. ;)

Thanks again for pointing out information that has already been released....

Seriously cant believe you have all these people believing your nonsense...   lol

Internal beta my ass, if you were you were you wouldn't be here posting this crap.

It is funny though, people actually thanking you for this so thanks for the laugh.

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:59 PM

I only need to know one thing Mac :)

Detection of other players.

Can you spot them from miles away (that they are players) or do they look like NPCs until you get within Line of Sight and Audio range? Do they turn into blue blips on the Minimap or something else?

Let's say i know nothing of no robbery, didn't watch the TV, and just randomly stroll close to the robbers, how will they be shown on minimap and on main screen?

Will nametags pop up when i get too close etc?

Yes, name tag display is limited to field of view and range. If you're playing with friends or crew members, you will always see them on your radar and map as certain icons to let you know who they are. All players in the server show up on your map as blips, along with information about who they are. You also see certain events on the map, like bounties and high speed chases.

If you're just wandering a server aimlessly, you can pay Lester to use his technology skills and hide you on the map so no one can see this. This is what some would call a "buff" and lasts for a period of time.

Much appreciated, that was all i needed to know! :)

Thanks Mac!

Myrten
  • Myrten

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:08 PM Edited by Myrten, 26 September 2013 - 10:14 PM.

If you hire NPC's to help you, they are always paid a cut depending on their skill level no matter what, just like in story mode. 

Can single player do the heists with only NPC's help?

Edit: Sorry I didn't noticed it's already in OP  :lol:

MactoTillDeath
  • MactoTillDeath

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:10 PM

Oh, and just so everyone knows, because I didn't mention it at first and don't want to get blamed for it, the ability to perform heists is a DLC update that, unless R* changes their minds, will not be released with GTAO on October 1st.

The heists DLC is the feature that unlocks the planning board and the specific heist missions.

Don't blame me, folks. ;)

Thanks again for pointing out information that has already been released....

Seriously cant believe you have all these people believing your nonsense...   lol

Internal beta my ass, if you were you were you wouldn't be here posting this crap.

It is funny though, people actually thanking you for this so thanks for the laugh.

I'm glad you think that you speak for everyone. The point is to share information as there are a lot of people who don't know this stuff.

Some details I give are elaborated on and other information you will hear from me for the first time ever. Take it or leave it. I don't care.

Omar Comin
  • Omar Comin

Thug

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:11 PM

YallN1ggazPostinInATrollThread.jpg

smokey__
  • smokey__

High Hopes

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:17 PM

Yes I know you talk a good game, however you joined 6 days ago to these forums and I would bet money you are one of the many idiots that were posting here before game was released saying that you were in the actual GTA V beta.

Someone like you, or the same group of people post crap like this every couple days on these forums, has been going on for along time now.

If you were really a internal beta tester you would not be risking you're job, as we know R* does all there beta testing in house.

MactoTillDeath
  • MactoTillDeath

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:22 PM

If you hire NPC's to help you, they are always paid a cut depending on their skill level no matter what, just like in story mode. 

Can single player do the heists with only NPC's help?

No. They are designed specifically for GTAO. There is word of future mission packs being released for the story mode, such as more Lester assassination missions to be performed by Franklin, but it's just rumor at this point.

One thing I can tell you for sure is the story missions are done. The 3 main characters will never perform jobs together again in the story mode, but each single character is eligible to receive his own DLC pack in the future, giving missions to just that character.

• Myrten likes this

Myrten
  • Myrten

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:22 PM

There are also measures in place to prevent abuse of the system. Specific details won't be shared, but players will not be able to redo the same missions over and over again to keep getting the same payout and skill points every time. Rockstar wants players to always experience something new in GTAO and things like "stat padding" have been thought of in advance and will not be tolerated.

Does this mean that if my heist go wrong and I get little money (Like getting 100k instead of 1 million from Jewel Store Heist) there is no way to try again?

MactoTillDeath
  • MactoTillDeath

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:34 PM

Yes I know you talk a good game, however you joined 6 days ago to these forums and I would bet money you are one of the many idiots that were posting here before game was released saying that you were in the actual GTA V beta.

Someone like you, or the same group of people post crap like this every couple days on these forums, has been going on for along time now.

If you were really a internal beta tester you would not be risking you're job, as we know R* does all there beta testing in house.

Are you ignorant for a living, or is it just a hobby of yours?

Here's the facts:

1) I NEVER officially called myself a beta tester. That was something you all assumed, and still assume.

2) You have no idea what the NDA between Rockstar and it's testers states, so stop assuming you have all the answers. If I was committing a crime by sharing privileged information protected under contract of an NDA, the mods would have banned me by now, like they do everyone else that posts official leaked information, because this website is liable for hosting confidential information.

3) I am not a leaker. A leaker is some punk who knows a guy that knows another guy who snuck a screenshot of the beta out the door. That's not me. The information I share is not confidential to start with, and sharing only written or spoken information is protected as Rockstar can legally call it hearsay and deny it.

4) You have no idea how Rockstar does their testing and stop pretending that you do.

MactoTillDeath
  • MactoTillDeath

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:39 PM

There are also measures in place to prevent abuse of the system. Specific details won't be shared, but players will not be able to redo the same missions over and over again to keep getting the same payout and skill points every time. Rockstar wants players to always experience something new in GTAO and things like "stat padding" have been thought of in advance and will not be tolerated.

Does this mean that if my heist go wrong and I get little money (Like getting 100k instead of 1 million from Jewel Store Heist) there is no way to try again?

Of course there is. Heists are level capped, so the higher up in skill level you become then the less you make on lower level heists. There is obviously replay value and the ability to do a heist multiple ways, but as I said, Rockstar knows the ways in which players may attempt to stat pad, and has implemented methods to stop them and make the payout not worth the effort.

• Myrten likes this

slimjim420
  • slimjim420

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:41 PM

Ive been looking into GTA O and everything he has said has been confirmed, has been revealed in coding, or just common f*cking sense.

So calm down.

DaCosta
  • DaCosta

G-T-Addict

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:42 PM

Hi MactoTillDeath,

I think you're getting aggro from some because it sounds like you know a lot of this to be true but - and I've been scrounging for info as much as many GTA fanatics - some of this info we have not seen before.

Have you got sources for the information that came from the private Beta you referred to? Or is this information that just came to you directly?

For the record, the info you describe would be exactly what I'd like GTA:O to be, with the exception of blips on the radar always being visible. I'd prefer player blips to vanish once a police presence is lost, but I can imagine this won't be the case.

smokey__
  • smokey__

High Hopes

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:44 PM

Is this from R*, or are you just typing multiple paragraphs describing the SP heists, but adding "with friends" to it? 

Negative. This is information from the GTAO private beta, although R* has publicly released information about GTAO heists already in interviews with gaming news websites.

Ah yes I apologize, this information comes from secret friend who is in the beta, or the bird that sometimes appears out your bedroom window.   Or another source that you won't link.

And you are right you have drawn these conclusions from officially released info like many of the rest of us has.

But the title of your thread is "GTAO: Heists and robberies explained"

And by "explained" would imply that you actually know what you are talking about witch you don't. 

Anyways I am not going to waste any more of my time here so no point replying, I just didn't want people actually thinking you had some kind of insider knowledge...

We will all find out in 4 more days, at witch point we can come back and see if you were correct with any of your theories...

Fizwalker
  • Fizwalker

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:58 PM

itd be funny if one of your friends stopped at a bar before the heist and was drunk in the bank

lol, well that can't happen unfortunately. But hey, after the robbery you can all go back to your place, toke up and order a stripper to come over and give some victory lap dances. ;)

Lies! I'll make it a point to hit a bar and then join on GTAO! :p

• MactoTillDeath likes this

MactoTillDeath
  • MactoTillDeath

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:01 PM Edited by MactoTillDeath, 26 September 2013 - 11:02 PM.

First of all, you're not taking into account the fact that companies "leak" their own information ALL the time. It's done intentionally for marketing purposes and is only portrayed as a leak.

Secondly, like any company that tests a product with a closed group they limit what people can and can not talk about. Certain information has a confidentiality date on it, meaning that it's classified as trade secret until that date. And we all know what happens when you reveal the trade secrets of a large company.

But once time restrictions are met, information is fair game at that point, and doesn't necessarily have to be officially announced by the company. The only thing Rockstar, like most companies, doesn't allow is the dissemination of video media or code of it's pre-released software, and the false representation that you speak on behalf of the company. Saying anything in an official stance is libel unless Rockstar gives permission, and that too is illegal.

Edit: Sorry, quoted the wrong guy there.

• Snapabowl likes this

Myrten
  • Myrten

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:01 PM

Of course there is. Heists are level capped, so the higher up in skill level you become then the less you make on lower level heists. There is obviously replay value and the ability to do a heist multiple ways, but as I said, Rockstar knows the ways in which players may attempt to stat pad, and has implemented methods to stop them and make the payout not worth the effort.

Looks nice :) If I understand you correctly I should do heists as soon as they become available when I'm at low level to get max money.

Few more questions:

1) Do NPCs hired for heists gain more skills after successful heist?

2) Is number of players\npcs on heist fixed like in single player or can we choose the number of gunman, drivers, hackers etc... ?

3) Are there any risks involved in doing heists? Like paying for hospitals etc.. or is it just like in SP missions?

Thanks for your info :)

MactoTillDeath
  • MactoTillDeath

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:06 PM

Hi MactoTillDeath,

I think you're getting aggro from some because it sounds like you know a lot of this to be true but - and I've been scrounging for info as much as many GTA fanatics - some of this info we have not seen before.

Have you got sources for the information that came from the private Beta you referred to? Or is this information that just came to you directly?

For the record, the info you describe would be exactly what I'd like GTA:O to be, with the exception of blips on the radar always being visible. I'd prefer player blips to vanish once a police presence is lost, but I can imagine this won't be the case.

I can't reveal sources, assuming there even are any.

The blips are simply indications of where everyone is based on their activity in the game, much like in RDR free roam. Like I said though, you can pay Lester to hide you on the map, which in turn gives you the ability to do some robberies or get close to someone else without them knowing where you are.

Mavsynchroid
  • Mavsynchroid

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:11 PM

Wait what? ... I thought heists were the main part of gtao?.. Darn... I was following you all the way up until that. So are you saying we can only do small stuff like rob a liquor store at launch? I'm confused again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users