Quantcast

» «
Photo

Am I the only one? who find free roaming not as fun in gta 5?

86 replies to this topic
sultangris
  • sultangris

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:02 AM

damn im not usually the type to knock other players but there is a lot of cry babies in here

i didnt know so many people needed invinicibility cheats to play and have fun. wow.

Exactly . No matter what R* could have done/did/didn't do you will ALWAYS have cry babies. Funny thing is ..they still play it,

You are right, someone will always be complaining about something.  Im not asking for cheats or saying the hospital costs too much because when you are broke they only cost a few hundred bucks and now ive beat the game and have millions so 5000 is nothing, but when i was playing the story my stock market never worked and none of the missions but the heists payed you so it was hard to get enough money to mod the cars for a long time until after the first heist.  But if you think there is nothing wrong with how hard the police come at you if you start shooting them or how they spawn so close and have unlimited speed to catch you and ram you if you drive straight and fast in the fastest car in the game then you have clearly never played previous gta games and dont understand what they are all about. After you beat the game free roaming the city causing mayhem outrunning and outgunning the cops and leading them on high speed chases around the city trying not to crash your car or it would break and slow down and start of fire and make you have to find a new one before the cops could catch up and run you over and shoot you or bust you was by far the best and most fun part. Everyone did it and its the reason this game exploded in popularity and made them 800 MILLION dollars on release day.   The fact that you can no longer really enjoy that part of the game has clearly pissed millions of people off. 

Now I for one think that if you get stars its super easy to escape by turning corners and losing them but its so boring and a waste of time because it takes so much longer for the stars to go away than it did in previous games.  you spend half your time playing the game hiding in a bush because you were standing next to some pedestrian too long and they called the cops on you. You might find that fun, but I dont, and neither do most other people. You want the police to be balanced, you dont want them too hard or too easy.  Its not fun going on high speed chases when the cops have no speed limit and they always catch up to you in 5 seconds and ram your car until you get stuck on something because your car takes no damage.   It is however fun going on high speed chases when they can go a little bit faster than you so that they can catch you if you screw up or go straight for too long and your car gets damaged if you crash or they hit you and then you have to shoot it out with them and hope you kill them and find a new car and take off again before reinforcements arrive.  Its not fun shooting cops if they have no chance of killing or catching you, but its also not fun shooting them if they quickly and instantly spawn real close and kill you in less than 30 seconds because they never miss.  Its not fun when you shoot down the police chopper and a new one instantly pops out of nowhere in thy sky and starts shooting you before the one you just shot finishes crashing.  In previous games they spawned somewhere else so that when you shot it down you had a little time before the next one got there to find a car or a health or armor pack or whatever. The key is to have them balanced so that you have to be really skilled in order to pull that off.  If you cant see that the police system in this game is broken, then you are clearly not intelligent enough to be a part of this conversation and should probably just quit posting and making yourself look foolish to the experienced and skilled players of this game who have been playing them since the first one.

Blunt Force Trauma
  • Blunt Force Trauma

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:44 AM

I hate how I feel like I spend a 1/3 of my time free roaming ducking into a shop to wait out the 5 minutes while cops seach for me and I'm not allowed to do anything. 1 star wanted level comes about far too easily and lasts far too long. 2 stars or more and it's fine, but it needs to take longer for that to start. If I blow up a car in the wilderness I shouldn't be immediately wanted, and I should be able to fight the Ballas for a few minutes before the police start swarming.

This

M210F
  • M210F

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:15 PM

I think what a lot of people are misunderstanding is what people are complaining about. It's not difficult to evade the police- I think most people can agree that, when you WANT to have a fight or getaway from the police, it's great- it can be a bit harsh, but not too bad. The problem arises in how causing chaos- a staple of the series- is so harshly punished. It's not that the police are quick too quick to arrive on the scene, it's that committing any crime, anywhere, will almost always result in the police noticing, whereas before you could go bowling on the streets for people with your car for a while before the cops show up, now accidentally tapping someone with a car leads to the police arriving.

This isn't inherently bad- the problem is you have to wait a solid minute for the police to arrive on the scene, then another minute for them to search, and another minute for them to give up and leave. During this time, you can't do anything- you can't shop in a store halfway across the map where they have no idea you did anything, you can't start a side mission, and the police patrol the streets for you, despite having never actually seen you nor your car, and oftentimes without any reason to believe that they received some magically detailed account from a witness on the phone. THIS is what people are complaining about. There's no compromise- between the $5000 penalty for dying, the three minute wait where you can't do anything and the all-seeing eye that is the LSPD, it kills a lot of the fun of freeroaming- if there was some compromise of this, I think a lot of people would be a lot happier.

crisjordan
  • crisjordan

#teamhomo

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:20 PM

Yeah, that sh*t is whack.

Em_Kayz
  • Em_Kayz

Legend

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:23 PM

Solution: Don't die! Hehehe joke ;)

dg101
  • dg101

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:38 PM Edited by dg101, 28 September 2013 - 07:02 PM.

Wait for online. Free roaming will become something better than you ever imagined Op.

Yeah, it'll become filled with asshole racist 12 year olds who can take 5 shots to the head before dying.  Awesome.

And I like the c*nts bitching because we dare complain about R* ruining the way we've been playing this series since GTA 3 came out with over-zealous, magically appearing, perfect marksman cops who respond to the slightest thing.  Or having just standing there too close to someone suddenly be a CRIME worthy of arrest and opening fire.  And the absolute bullsh*t system they've set up where they take a ridiculous amount of money.  f*ck that noise.  Listen, it's great if you find constantly having to hide from cops for the slightest infraction.  Seriously, good on you.  Glad you get to enjoy that.  But, since GTA, the highlight of these games has been having extended shootouts with cops and being able to trade fire with them for more than two seconds because the second you take a shot you're hit by one of them.  I don't care if I can play golf or do yoga after the story's over and GTA Online and all the cocksuckers who play it can go f*ck themselves.  I have no interest in playing with you c*nts.  I didn't buy GTA to be blackmailed with content into playing with a bunch of  douchebags who have attached their egos to playing online.  The kind of asshole who thinks "noob" is somehow the end all, be all of insults.  f*ck you.  Millions of people play this game to cause mayhem in single player, and to get f*cked out of that by a broken police system is bullsh*t.

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

Harem Jutsu

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:08 PM

So i'm sitting in my car at a red light being a good civilian and a police chase comes flying around a corner. So i'm like cool, i'll just sit here and watch it unfold. The cop ends up side swiping me and guess what happens? You already know. I get a star. He hits me and I get a star. Mind you i'm not moving, not doing anything, just sitting there in my car at the red light and he hits me and I get a star.

dafuq+_e4580c6e4d1ece650293b42ee496b27d.

• dg101 and PkUnzipper like this

dg101
  • dg101

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:18 PM

people bitching about cops spawning close to you, remember YOU ARE PLAYING A GAME.  

We're playing the FIFTH installment of a game where this was NEVER an issue.  Games are supposed to get BETTER as they evolve.  Not worse.

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Homie

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:22 PM

So i'm sitting in my car at a red light being a good civilian and a police chase comes flying around a corner. So i'm like cool, i'll just sit here and watch it unfold. The cop ends up side swiping me and guess what happens? You already know. I get a star. He hits me and I get a star. Mind you i'm not moving, not doing anything, just sitting there in my car at the red light and he hits me and I get a star.

dafuq+_e4580c6e4d1ece650293b42ee496b27d.

ROFLAMOLOL LAMOooooooooooooo.........

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

Harem Jutsu

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:26 PM

We're playing the FIFTH installment of a game where this was NEVER an issue.  Games are supposed to get BETTER as they evolve.  Not worse.

That's the new trend with great franchises. Look at how Halo has fallen.

• dg101 likes this

Technobabble
  • Technobabble

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:29 PM

I'm not hating on this game I'm a big gta game fan, loving the story  but free roam just does not feel the same with you dying so easy and losing $5,000 every time i die just make me not want to fight the cops at all in this game unlike other gta games where that is all I did, also about the $5,000 if you die a lot, just having fun like last night for example I die about five times but that $25,000 I lost which is a lot, and cops are much harder this time to kill in gta 5 also where the health cheat and weapons cheat rockstar? 

You definitely aren't.  I've never gotten so bored of a game so quick.  It's very disappointing that they took all the fun out of free roaming.  If the invincibility cheat doesn't get discovered soon, this may be the first GTA I end up returning after I'm done with the story.  The game just isn't fun like the others.

Seconded.

BohanThug
  • BohanThug

Niko Bellic went quiet.

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:53 PM

Nearly NO options to rejuvenate health.

Um, unlike past games, it f*cking regenerates.

Exhorbitant hospital fees.

Lower than in GTA IV

Negligible income throughout.

You can make over 2 billion per character

Fewer activities.

Seriously?

Smaller, emptier map.

Now you're just bullsh*tting.

Clunky controls.

There's nothing wrong with the controls

reiniat
  • reiniat

Entropy Fan

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:55 PM Edited by reiniat, 28 September 2013 - 08:57 PM.

people bitching about cops spawning close to you, remember YOU ARE PLAYING A GAME.  

Seriously this is bullsh*t, im sorry but thats what it is.... I can agree with Halo 4 going to hell (the MP its just broken).

But thats not the case with GTA V, and tbh the cops are better balanced in this game than in any GTA before. At the start it felt unfair for sure, i died like 10 times in the first shooting missions and i even felt that the game was balanced over auto aim, because i was getting killed too much with free aim (which i always use).... 

BUT after only 3 hours of the game i got the hang of it, especially while dealing with cops, i mean:

- Losing stars is easier than in any other GTA game to date (ALTHOUGH, it takes more time to lose 1-2 stars), even easier on foot, and reasonably easier with cars. Losing 5 stars is very common to me.

- Cover isnt broken like it was in GTA IV where you took damage no matter what you did, in GTA V cover works perfect, and it doesnt work magically for anyone like in other games, like Gears Of War.

- Life regenerates, in GTA IV it didnt and it forced you to use cheats all the time, i can now get the same results in GTA V than in GTA IV, WITHOUT cheats.

- You lose $5,000 per death, and nothing else.... GREAT in GTA IV you lose like 5% of whatever you were carrying, and that meant losing like $20,000 in late game... Also you dont lose your weapons if you get busted.

- You can carry all guns all the time, completely OP, and ammo not only costs less, but also MOAR powerful weapons are available (MINIGUN!!!), and you can carry more ammo.

- COPS DO NOT SPAWN IN FRONT OF YOU. UNLESS, your DVD drive has problems, install your game in a USB, STILL, i play my game from the disc itself and ive never seen cops spawning magically.

The only complain i have about the game is that LCN is broken.... But the times it works fixed (in missions) can give you billions of dollars.... And then theres BAWSAQ.

Also what BohanThug said is correct, so stop complaining already, i dont see any of the problems you point, i play with free aim and i dont have any problem to be badass in this awesome game :D

Kevstyle
  • Kevstyle

True City Killers Crew Leader

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:58 PM

Depends on what u do. I needed to pay 5$-15000$ depending on what I did in freeroam.

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

I can't picture life without a point of view..

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:00 PM

I enjoy it, the cops are assholes which gives me incentive to massacre them in GTAO. But free roaming is fun, more fun than in IV.

C-Nathan
  • C-Nathan

Mr C-Nathan

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:11 PM

I don't understand how if I shoot a cop in the back of the head with a silenced weapon how it would automatically trigger a police response within the second, even if someone saw it and called 999 instantly it would still take at the least 2 minutes to dispatch a car 

But to be fair, thats exactly the same as Gta 4 or others, Kill a cop = expect more.. even if they are not near others 5-0

Universal-Shot
  • Universal-Shot

Snitch

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:19 PM

Nearly NO options to rejuvenate health.

Doesnt matter where you are, you will soon be surrounded and wasted

Exhorbitant hospital fees.

Should be free, with weapons incapacity, then later in game cost more $$$$$$

Negligible income throughout.

Yeah, LCN is scripted and the graphs as far as I can tell dont change after story has ended. The only real way to make money is on the fake LCN after about 8 missions, and that info is barely noticeable. 

Fewer activities.

Darts, Tennis and Golf, lets be realistic, and only Golf works. The other activities are missions broken and dated like tennis and darts. Strip Club and Bars are crap. Triathalon, races, parachuting ok to complete but then they are only good for increasing your global rank.

Smaller, emptier map.

Map is smaller, impossible to deny. And the map is practically dead considering the broken wanted system. GTA3, VC, 4 maps were smaller but the superior wanted system and spread out interiors and major/ interesting locations were a perfect balance. 

Clunky controls.

Most noticeable while diving but definitely an improvement since GTA SA. 

The wanted system is broken and imbalanced in GTA5, Im good at this game.

JayAkuma
  • JayAkuma

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:45 PM

People complain about everything. 

reiniat
  • reiniat

Entropy Fan

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:47 PM

If you really believe the wanted system in this game is broken, then youre not good at this game :)

Boxman66
  • Boxman66

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:01 PM

I've died 3 times today just trying to leave the god-awful city. I also got shot down for bumping into a cop on foot. Someone better find invinciblity or I might just give up live service and mod my Xbox

reiniat
  • reiniat

Entropy Fan

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:09 PM Edited by reiniat, 28 September 2013 - 10:09 PM.

I've died 3 times today just trying to leave the god-awful city. I also got shot down for bumping into a cop on foot. Someone better find invinciblity or I might just give up live service and mod my Xbox

1.- You can mod your savegame to enable cheats without losing Live, but you must know the hex position of the cheat

2.- You cant get out of the city, the point where you get killed is how far you can go.

3.- Stop complaining and get better at shooting, so the next time you bump into a cop's foot you can murder hundreds of them XD...

Don 'de Medici'
  • Don 'de Medici'

le wild OG appears

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:19 PM

Cops search timer could use a 7-10 second nerf

In terms of hidden passages and secret tunnels in LS, there's plenty of places to lose a 3 or 4 star all over the map

Monkeybiscuit
  • Monkeybiscuit

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:27 PM

I'm not hating on this game I'm a big gta game fan, loving the story  but free roam just does not feel the same with you dying so easy and losing $5,000 every time i die just make me not want to fight the cops at all in this game unlike other gta games where that is all I did, also about the $5,000 if you die a lot, just having fun like last night for example I die about five times but that $25,000 I lost which is a lot, and cops are much harder this time to kill in gta 5 also where the health cheat and weapons cheat rockstar? 

Cops and losing 5k a death pisses me off, but at some point in the game (when I have everything) it wont matter.

What I did was sunk all my cash into Burger Shot stocks at the start of a session, since their stock value always goes up.  With 450 dollars you hardly lose anything when you die.  Then at the end of the session, sell your stock and make a slight profit.

kalltkaffe
  • kalltkaffe

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:34 PM

When i do freeroam, i turn autosave off and dont saving the game, then i can also use cheats. Then i dont lose anything when i wanna play serious again. 

• Don 'de Medici' likes this

Universal-Shot
  • Universal-Shot

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:35 AM

If you really believe the wanted system in this game is broken, then youre not good at this game :)

I think that it has been more fun in the previous GTA's. I say broken because of the police response in general, the helicopters, the proper ways to avoid detection. There are lots of great places to hide, but the game forces you to evade in certain ways etc. 

Your a guy with a minigun and a RPG yet thay make a move on you and walk into fire. Units should take time to appear at your location. It makes sense they surround you and organise your takedown. If your stationary maybe they should wait for NOOSE and then you get teargas. Its not crazy to expect this. The road chases Im happy with, Rockstar did that good. Otherwise they materialize around you, swarm you and either gradually approach you eating at your defences if your burrowed or just take you out in seconds if your exposed. 

elmo87
  • elmo87

Hustler

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:45 AM

Are u kidding me ? U can steal a military jet, for heaven's sake . U can fly planes . I go to the small towns slap the sh*t out of everyone, then take on cops . There is so much of the map to explore. whats 5 grand ? U don't have millions of dollars ? U don't have income property ? Maybe u should try beating the game and I am sure your opinion will change

luisniko
  • luisniko

The most well-mannered guy in GTA Online

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:35 AM

Like Jimmy said "money isn't a problem"

My problem is only on d*ck cops and their ninja skill to know and appear right in front of me even when they're still looking for me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users