Quantcast

» «
Photo

Am I the only one? who find free roaming not as fun in gta 5?

86 replies to this topic
adamc03
  • adamc03

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:22 PM

I'm not hating on this game I'm a big gta game fan, loving the story  but free roam just does not feel the same with you dying so easy and losing $5,000 every time i die just make me not want to fight the cops at all in this game unlike other gta games where that is all I did, also about the $5,000 if you die a lot, just having fun like last night for example I die about five times but that $25,000 I lost which is a lot, and cops are much harder this time to kill in gta 5 also where the health cheat and weapons cheat rockstar? 

Kyle_Voakes
  • Kyle_Voakes

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:28 PM

I hear ya, man. The risk of actually committing crimes, in a game called Grand Theft Auto, seems a bit too high to enjoy. With the stealth mechanics, and how cops just fade into existence right in front of you, looks like the best option of avoiding cops is to actually get out of a stolen car and hide... in a game called Grand Theft Auto.

xX ApexPredator
  • xX ApexPredator

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:32 PM

Am I the only one? Who does?

longman240
  • longman240

Venomous Critter

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:32 PM Edited by longman240, 26 September 2013 - 05:33 PM.

Agreed, cops are way overpowered, takes an age to lose one and two star wanteds and you die way too quick, this is the most defensive GTA I have ever played and yeah, 5k each time you die is a kick in the teeth
  • reiniat and M210F like this

Rjpkool2424
  • Rjpkool2424

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:35 PM

I disagree, put your money in stock and you will not lose much money per death. I think the story is very good, but also enjoy roaming. Cops are certainly more of a challenge now. I also find myself a little more hesistant to do wrong, only issue I have is it takes awhile to lose that star. i think a good patch would reduce the time it takes to lose police depending on how many stars you have. Other then that, by far the best gta I have played. I expect online to be very good. 

• funbus likes this

Harold Blair
  • Harold Blair

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:39 PM

I don't understand how if I shoot a cop in the back of the head with a silenced weapon how it would automatically trigger a police response within the second, even if someone saw it and called 999 instantly it would still take at the least 2 minutes to dispatch a car 

• Mister Pink and Kvothe like this

BlaineCountyHooker
  • BlaineCountyHooker

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:40 PM

Having more fun free roaming then any previous gta. Played since Vice city. I have always wanted harder cops they were just too unrealistic in the previous gtas. This one did it right and ive had so many intense high speed chases, once you get cops down its not that hard. Just pop a u turn while being chased and make alot of quick cuts and you should get out of their cone, once you are its easy to stay out. Hopefully theres cheats for people like you that will make you invincible or no cop cheat.  

• funbus likes this

Pitch~Black
  • Pitch~Black

Peon

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:45 PM Edited by Pitch~Black, 26 September 2013 - 05:46 PM.

Am I the only one? Who does?

No. I don't have any of the issues some people are having and I enjoy it very much, and much more than I did in 4. I totally enjoy the added difficulty and risk that others seem to be complaining about. I will concede that it could use a bit of minor tweaking, however. I guess I look at it this way: committing crimes while roaming around should be risky and make you think about possible consequences. I think the developers intended it that way.

• funbus likes this

DrDetroit
  • DrDetroit

The Center of the Universe.

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:47 PM

My only gripe is that if you are on a roof with only one way up, and you're in a shoot out with the cops, they spawn right on the rooftop and come up behind you.  I can't stand that.

Other than that, I'm so used to GTAIV for PC (all modded up with LCPDFR, cars, peds, ENB, ect) that it's going to take a while to get use to the cop AI in a vanilla PS3 game.  

Love it though!  GTAV is no disappointment in my book...it's friggin awesome!

DrDetroit

Blunt Force Trauma
  • Blunt Force Trauma

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:50 PM

I don't like how everyone is shoot to kill. One thing I love doing in GTA IV/V is fighting, but in this one the gangs, like when I'm Franklin on Grove St. near my garage (really needs a new one I hate that place) I can't stand too close to a baller or the whole street gets trigger happy. Same with cops, you get a Star for fighting, and they shoot to kill, "resisting arrest" i.e. running away grants another star event though they never try to arrest you. I switched to Trevor once and he was running from the cops, about four squad cars and a 1 star wanted level.  I accidentally jumped out, and a couple swarmed me not with guns, but with fists. I thought "alright time to beat some pigs" but after beating up one the other four or five shot me dead.

• M210F likes this

robbo216
  • robbo216

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:51 PM

I don't understand how if I shoot a cop in the back of the head with a silenced weapon how it would automatically trigger a police response within the second, even if someone saw it and called 999 instantly it would still take at the least 2 minutes to dispatch a car 

I do have problems with the pointless silencers/stealth aspects of the game, but to expect it to actually take a 'real-life' 2 minutes for a response time is also a bit ridiculous (imagine how far you can get in GTA world in 2 minutes!), if you want that then do you also want it to take an age every time you break into a car, start it up, and then actually drive off in it, instead of the whole process taking about 3 seconds.

Some things just CAN'T be realistic or the game would be boring as f*ck and less people would play.

• funbus likes this

ukgta94
  • ukgta94

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:52 PM

By making a lot of money via the Lester Assassination missions, I was able to buy all the property and split it between my players. 

Since each time you get wasted, time passes, I actually make more money by being constantly killed as I get a weekly income per player of hundreds of thousands of dollars. 

To begin with though being killed was a pain. 

gepetto420
  • gepetto420

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:52 PM

Having more fun free roaming then any previous gta. Played since Vice city. I have always wanted harder cops they were just too unrealistic in the previous gtas. This one did it right and ive had so many intense high speed chases, once you get cops down its not that hard. Just pop a u turn while being chased and make alot of quick cuts and you should get out of their cone, once you are its easy to stay out. Hopefully theres cheats for people like you that will make you invincible or no cop cheat.  

does that work against those swat guys that hang on the sides of there Suburban ?  every time i get close to them they take me out.  they have like one shot one kill capabilities.

bloodblossom
  • bloodblossom

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:54 PM Edited by bloodblossom, 26 September 2013 - 05:56 PM.

My only gripe is that if you are on a roof with only one way up, and you're in a shoot out with the cops, they spawn right on the rooftop and come up behind you.  I can't stand that.

Other than that, I'm so used to GTAIV for PC (all modded up with LCPDFR, cars, peds, ENB, ect) that it's going to take a while to get use to the cop AI in a vanilla PS3 game.  

Love it though!  GTAV is no disappointment in my book...it's friggin awesome!

DrDetroit

you do realize the helicopters drop police onto the roof right? ive witnessed 2 out of the 4 helicopters that arrived dropping off cops then flying away only to come back bringing more cops to the roof

not all of the helicopters that arrive attack you.. some just transport cops/swat or whatever then leave

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:56 PM

I don't know if I don't find the free-roaming that fun, but I enjoy walking/bicycling around Los Santos at evening and night. It's just so cool place.

• Laggard likes this

loudanddumb
  • loudanddumb

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:58 PM

play better

i still think this game is made for tweens... its alittle to easy for my taste

alot of the gold medals are first time plays

Eddie_1100
  • Eddie_1100

In the deep end

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:59 PM

it's different, a bit more challenging at times but overall i like it. I do agree the police can be a bit over aggressive responding to something "minor" like knocking a few people out but you just have to adapt and actually ditch the scene, it can be fun.

I realise now that im gonna have to play on another account just to use cheats(and to get my money "right") for those times when i wanna just shoot everybody up.

i know alot of people have problems with this or that in the game but ive been playing it every spare second i have since it came out 90% free roaming

gepetto420
  • gepetto420

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:00 PM

how about some tips to take out those swat teams then pro

gepetto420
  • gepetto420

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:02 PM

me too once i got grenade launcher i cant stop playing on free roam.  its so damn fun blowing up cars with that.

jointmasta
  • jointmasta

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:07 PM Edited by jointmasta, 26 September 2013 - 08:03 PM.

couple things.

what happened to a cop telling you to freeze like in GTA3. then if you decide to run they open fire.

also if you wanna go on a rampage invest all your money in stock first. they will take a couple hundred instead of a couple 1000.

punching someone once should not kill them. i wish fist fights would last longer. i feel like if i want to get into a fist fight it is over in 2 seconds then im in a fat police chase.

Terminus
  • Terminus

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:15 PM Edited by Terminus, 26 September 2013 - 06:16 PM.

Its a real shame;

We have easily attainable stars that take forever to lose.

Omnipresent cops that shoot almost immediately.

Nearly NO options to rejuvenate health.

Fewer enterable buildings.

Exhorbitant hospital fees.

Negligible income throughout.

Fewer activities.

Smaller, emptier map.

Clunky controls.

Skeloton
  • Skeloton

Living Dead Gangster

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:22 PM

Im having a ball, mostly dicking around in a cargobob. Too much fun snatching cars off a highway and dropping them, or sticky bombing a fuel tanker dropping then detonating.

Eddie_1100
  • Eddie_1100

In the deep end

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:04 PM

well im able to lose the cops on 3 stars easier if i duck off thru alleyways, use your  minimap to avoid them, its harder to lose them on highways but not impossible (easier if you have a faster car you can outrange them then get off the road) once you get used to how that react 3 stars and under its really not a probllem. even on foot just be evasive when you run pay attention to the dots

also if you're gonna shoot it out with the cops its possible but you just gotta be aware of whats going on around you. i have killed several cops in a standoff behind a building and got away on foot, i had to run for awhile but its doable. also another thing ive done is driven into the ocean ditch the car and swim out (dive deep under) until eventually their "cone of vision" cant reach you, but they do have boats so that might not work everytime though. (its fun to let them think you drowned in the crash)

dg101
  • dg101

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:47 PM

I'm not hating on this game I'm a big gta game fan, loving the story  but free roam just does not feel the same with you dying so easy and losing $5,000 every time i die just make me not want to fight the cops at all in this game unlike other gta games where that is all I did, also about the $5,000 if you die a lot, just having fun like last night for example I die about five times but that $25,000 I lost which is a lot, and cops are much harder this time to kill in gta 5 also where the health cheat and weapons cheat rockstar? 

You definitely aren't.  I've never gotten so bored of a game so quick.  It's very disappointing that they took all the fun out of free roaming.  If the invincibility cheat doesn't get discovered soon, this may be the first GTA I end up returning after I'm done with the story.  The game just isn't fun like the others.

zakace
  • zakace

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:57 PM

Im having a ball, mostly dicking around in a cargobob. Too much fun snatching cars off a highway and dropping them, or sticky bombing a fuel tanker dropping then detonating.

Snatching cars off the highway and dropping them? how? lol

Get_Head_Ed
  • Get_Head_Ed

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:58 PM

It's always been like that. Automatic 2 stars for killing a cop.

giraffeboy
  • giraffeboy

Thug

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:12 PM

Personally I love the free roam. Although I wasn't sure about the driving at first, I'm loving driving at high speeds, chases on the freeway are intense. The $5k per death is a bit of a bitch (when you guys say invest to bring it down, do you mean in a certain stock, or invest it all so you have only a small cash reserve?), playing with Trevor after coming home from the pub a little drunk, I burned through about $150k just tearing up sh*t.

Harold Blair
  • Harold Blair

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:26 PM

It's always been like that. Automatic 2 stars for killing a cop.

I thought it was three stars for killing a cop? It just defeats the whole point of a silencer, for example the military base as-well they seem to have x-ray vision. Don't put in a silencer if it only works in certain cases

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:28 PM

I'd wait for the Free-roam found in GTA Online :)

king-rotty
  • king-rotty

King Rotty

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:47 PM

cop fighting is what trevor is for. I used him and got a 4 star wanted level, escaped on foot and evaded capture by hiding behind a bin deep down some ally.

I suggest using vehicles you can control.

Trevor had to

Spoiler
. so I done the first one in with a sticky bomb in the road. Rode up a hill so far away. turned and ended them all with a sniper rifle. Then got the vehicle.

That heist is AWESOME btw.

With franklin I used a silencer for the whole mission where you

Spoiler
and didn't get shot once until the top. :D

So I was off topic. I just wanted to chat about it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users