Photo

GTA IV was better

62 replies to this topic
gta-space
  • gta-space

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:23 PM

Lmfao I beat all gta expect iv..... i try to play through it many times but couldn't finish it way too boring ..... -_-
  • just-a-spaz likes this

Jimmy Darmody
  • Jimmy Darmody

Don

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:24 PM

no one is forcing you to play so why complain?

No one forced you to come to this thread, so why complain?

Nobody foreced complained about forced complaining about coming here to complain the complaints, so why complain?

djjohnjarvis90
  • djjohnjarvis90

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:24 PM

I wasn't into GTA IV or its story very much. It was a bit too depressing and drab for my liking whereas GTA V had a happy vibe and didn't try too hard with a deep story and kept it light but entertaining and made me want to get to know the characters whereas I didn't really care about Niko to be honest. I enjoyed the GTA IV DLC stories more than I did the main IV story. Also I liked the characters a lot more in V once I warmed up to them and saw past their obvious personality faults especially when first meeting Trevor. While I agree the story was probably better in IV, it was long winded and depressing. Both games are good though there's no denying that, I just prefer the more light hearted feeling GTAs and I didn't really like Liberty City the first time round but loved Vice City and San Andreas.

Cheatz_N_Trickz
  • Cheatz_N_Trickz

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:25 PM Edited by Cheatz_N_Trickz, 26 September 2013 - 05:33 PM.

Agree, GTA 5's plot is a mess. The heists are pretty bland. They're not as epic as the bank in IV. Even though they are supposed to be more thought out, it's just kill all these cops again and again. 

And Franklin really is dull. Does seem like he's in there for racism reasons seeing as he has no story. I don't get how R* would give us the most generic character ever. He looks like a custom character form Saints Row, and he is just another guy in the plot. Not protagonist material. Bad writing. 

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:27 PM

I hated IV's story... and I loved the game, but that story didn't keep my attention for long. 

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:29 PM

Well I hated GTA IV for the past 5 years and I was left with two options. Make the best of it, or play SA or VC.

You have the same options.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:31 PM

Well I hated GTA IV for the past 5 years and I was left with two options. Make the best of it, or play SA or VC.

You have the same options.

OR play a different game. 

carnage.
  • carnage.

What color do you bleed?

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:35 PM

Three Leaf Clover was the best mission in GTA IV, now we got more of that in V.

louisvign
  • louisvign

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:44 PM

Because Rockstar decided to develop a world and not a character and his cousin.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

/ / / / / AMG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:44 PM

I'm going to be honest, I still really love IV's storyline. But V's is also good. Did you play through the story all quickly not even paying attention to the details and personalities of each character, even the non-playable ones? Seems to be a trend with modern casual gamers.

Michael, Trevor, and Franklin each have in depth and intriguing characteristics. What you said was just touching the surface basic.bullsh*t that you lazily gathered up from being unobservant. I'm not done playing V's story, I am still laying low as Trevor, but so far the storyline and personalities are interesting.

poff
  • poff

Squid

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:48 PM

Niko makes the story of GTA IV really boring for me. Half of the time he's like "I killed people and I regret it, feel sorry for me! Brb, gonna kill people for shady mafia-types." What's more, as an immigrant myself (to the US, no less), I had absolutely NO connection with Niko whatsoever. The story was also very scattered, it had no real focus. It went from X to Y back to X then to Z. I thought finding the guy who killed your friends would have been central to the plot but it behaves more like a side mission, and some rushed-in characters serve as the story antagonists (if you decide to not take the money, anyway).

I remember the first time finishing IV saying to myself: "that's it?" I made myself like it because everyone else apparently did, but after playing it later on, I just can't do that.

GTA V's story isn't a masterpiece by any means, but it feels a lot more focused than does IV's and it doesn't try to build "believable" people from an outsider's perspective.

Yeah, not to mention GTA IV was always about killing people. 

Spoiler
etc, etc..

soundless248
  • soundless248

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:48 PM

Doesnt matter what OP says either way he's still going to play the hell out of GTA V 

Cheatz_N_Trickz
  • Cheatz_N_Trickz

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:50 PM

^^^ V's story was completely UNFOCUSED. GTA IV had the solid focused story.

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:55 PM

As much as I like Trevor, and as much as I like the fact that they didn't have much for filler this time around, I feel that more time and effort was put into the stories in the other games.  V seems a bit unfocused, not as serious even though taking elements from stuff like Red Dead Redemption, etc.  It even feels like originally Michael would have simply been the main and only playable character to me, because Franklin seems more of kind of a throwback to CJ and Trevor feels like he would have been the main villain, rather than boring one dimensional government agents.  It feels like they changed it to suit the gameplay.

Darkrebirth
  • Darkrebirth

Crew Leader

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:55 PM

GTA IV had a better story, more interiors, dating system and certain cars felt better to drive.

GTAV did everything better except the above.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

/ / / / / AMG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:10 PM

Niko makes the story of GTA IV really boring for me. Half of the time he's like "I killed people and I regret it, feel sorry for me! Brb, gonna kill people for shady mafia-types." What's more, as an immigrant myself (to the US, no less), I had absolutely NO connection with Niko whatsoever. The story was also very scattered, it had no real focus. It went from X to Y back to X then to Z. I thought finding the guy who killed your friends would have been central to the plot but it behaves more like a side mission, and some rushed-in characters serve as the story antagonists (if you decide to not take the money, anyway).

I remember the first time finishing IV saying to myself: "that's it?" I made myself like it because everyone else apparently did, but after playing it later on, I just can't do that.

GTA V's story isn't a masterpiece by any means, but it feels a lot more focused than does IV's and it doesn't try to build "believable" people from an outsider's perspective.

Yeah, not to mention GTA IV was always about killing people. 
Spoiler
etc, etc..
Um... could he really do anything else? Niko was new, needed money, and Vlad could've easily f*cked up his cousin's life. I mean, I actually never got why people thought IV was 'go there, kill, get money.' There were reasons behind certain tasks. Also remember Niko needed money. He was willing to work for people and do anything to get it. Maybe pay a little more attention to IV's storyline, there was a focus(s): Find Darko and get money

Wasn't that made clear all throughout IV's storyline, lol?

Honest Bill
  • Honest Bill

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:16 PM Edited by Honest Bill, 26 September 2013 - 06:17 PM.

I found V better in almost every way.

NADOLNY
  • NADOLNY

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:19 PM

windy-peeing.gif

SledgeHammer87
  • SledgeHammer87

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:30 PM

I'm going to be honest, I still really love IV's storyline. But V's is also good. Did you play through the story all quickly not even paying attention to the details and personalities of each character, even the non-playable ones? Seems to be a trend with modern casual gamers.

Michael, Trevor, and Franklin each have in depth and intriguing characteristics. What you said was just touching the surface basic.bullsh*t that you lazily gathered up from being unobservant. I'm not done playing V's story, I am still laying low as Trevor, but so far the storyline and personalities are interesting.

yes, I always pay attention to characteristics and stuff. I even restarted gta 5 after 30% completion, cause I thought I missed something, but I haven't

allftw
  • allftw

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:38 PM

I agree with everything you said. I think V is the better game but IV's story is superior.

^^^ V's story was completely UNFOCUSED. GTA IV had the solid focused story.

And I completely disagree with that. I'd say it's actually the exact opposite. V's story is the most tightly knit and focused of GTA games thanks to the three character mechanic and lesser amount of missions.

• Sting4S likes this

ChickenStu
  • ChickenStu

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:42 PM

To the OP:

Ignore these douchebags. I'm willing to have a civil conversation with you about it...

GTA IV did have a kind of magic to it, and I missed it when it was over. This new one I think has a kind of different vibe to it, and I miss it now its gone but for completely different reasons.

GTA V is too fresh in my head to really make any sensible comparisons at this stage... but I will say this: Driving through Liberty City central, to get a Cluckin' Bell with Devil In Us blasting out on Electro Choc... boy... that takes beating! 

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:28 PM

Somebody here said that I like V because it has more action and they are damn right. Video games should have a lot of action because I play them. I love a good story and good cutscenes as well but if it doesn't have good gameplay I might as well be watching a movie. IV had some great moments like Three Leaf Clover and that mission where you kill the lawyer but there was also a lot of driving your cousin around. It's why I never got into La Noire. It bores me to walk around waiting for the controller to vibrate. Something I play should be action packed.

Chillyo
  • Chillyo

GTA lover

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:42 PM

rassist

GTAboob
  • GTAboob

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:57 PM

Lmfao I beat all gta expect iv..... i try to play through it many times but couldn't finish it way too boring ..... -_-

I beat GTA IV multiple times XD!!!! It's not that long to me.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:42 AM

I'm about 5 missions from finishing GTA V's story, but there's something about it that doesn't make me feel quite as connected as I did with Niko. It also gives off the impression there are less characters for some reason (may or may not be true).

The only standouts for me are Lamar and Lester, but I wouldn't even put them on the same level as Faustin, Vlad, Dimitri, Ray, Packie, Phil, Jimmy, LJ etc.

What I liked about GTA IV's story is we met a diverse range of characters. With GTA V it feels more limited as we basically work for ourselves. The whole FIB angle feels like it was pulled straight from RDR.

I'm going to play through it again though after I finish it, but I do feel GTA IV's story was more directed even if it wasn't to everyones' liking.

omer19992010
  • omer19992010

Grove Street OG

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:12 AM Edited by omer19992010, 27 September 2013 - 01:13 AM.

GTA V Is better than GTA IV in almost every aspect except the Story.

Nameless Foot Soldier
  • Nameless Foot Soldier

Libertonian

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:32 AM

I like GTA IV a lot but I think you have really weird reasons for liking the story. Just for the revenge and Roman? Dude, the story is a temple of literature golden points of Man Vs. Man, Man Vs. Self, Man Vs. Society, Man Vs. Nature (fate). All while symbolizing the death of the American Dream and showing the disgusting society of Capitalistic America and its greed.

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:38 AM Edited by KillaDanny, 27 September 2013 - 01:38 AM.

I just think the story is too short in V that's why IV's story had a bigger impact, and as miamivice said there are not a lot of characters like in previous gta's so it's normal that iv's story or SA story has bigger impact on us thanV's story

ChickenStu
  • ChickenStu

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:09 AM

Sorry to go off topic - but this forum really is full of assholes sometimes. All the OP wants is to have a chat. All this "if you don't like it, get off the forum" stuff is serious bullsh*t and getting very old.

Did the thought of "engaging the OP in conversation" not occur to any of you douchebags who flamed him?

Mods, do me a favour. Start sanctioning people for that sh*t..

The sad thing? We're all here because we HAVE SOMETHING IN COMMON. WE ENJOY THESE GAMES. The differences of opinion should GENERATE DISCUSSION, not sh*tty, douchebaggy behavior. Sadly, I think the people doing it genuinely think they are really clever for it. They should develop a bit of self awareness, step out of themselves, and see how much of an asshole they look to other people.

To the flamers: You are a disgrace. Grow up. 

Officer Tenpenny is a bad man
  • Officer Tenpenny is a bad man

OG

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:14 AM

Even though you haven't played and I have... I agree with you completely the plot is sh*t!

The side characters there aren't enough of!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users