» «
Photo

1 Punch aaaaand....dead

42 replies to this topic
Jakoporeeno
  • Jakoporeeno

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:52 PM Edited by Jakoporeeno, 08 November 2013 - 07:52 PM.

I don't care if it's realistic or not. It's still not fun.

DoubleOGJohnson
  • DoubleOGJohnson

Playa

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:13 PM Edited by DoubleOGJohnson, 08 November 2013 - 08:17 PM.

Stop finding bullsh*t and just play the game for f*cks sake

What do you mean "stop finding bullsh*t"? The threadstarter found a legitimate flaw in the game and spoke on it. Why the hell are you mad at him for? It's not his fault that this issue exist, it's the fault of the game developers. I don't get why fans always bitch at other fans for pointing out flaws. The fans don't make the games.

I don't understand how people can pretend that this issue is not a big deal. Peds dying from single punches descreases the fun level of the hand-to-hand aspect of the game. Is that so hard to understand? Yes people in real life die from single punches but that is RARE. So rare to the point that it SURPRISES people when they hear about someone dying from a punch. This is not every day sh*t. And you guys always whine about people critiquing "minor aspects" of the game, well hand-to-hand combat is a legitimate issue to critique. Some of you extreme fans need to make up your minds on which situation warrants criticism of the game because I'm confused. Because when people critique small flaws, yall bitch about it, when people critique major flaws yall still bitch about it. Make up your minds, how and when should people be allowed to critique the game then? Yall say we cant critique small things or big things, so what can we critique then? I guess nothing then. GTA 5 is all bubbles and roses, and I guess we are just supposed to sit on this site all night and die lying to each other about how the game is a perfect 10/10 masterpiece just like the fanboys do.

• szmty, Immigration, Buford T Justice and 1 other like this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Gangsta Bunny

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:24 PM

So I kicked this big tough looking gangbanger dude in the shins and he died. 

Can you die from getting kicked in the shins?

• Immigration likes this

Hooves07
  • Hooves07

Prankster

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:53 PM

I miss the wounding system. In GTA IV they would get up and limp away, same with the shooting. It created some funny moments in my psychotic rampages. I think it's something that should have been designed with the combat system...but that's just me. If you guys are fine with it..

• Buford T Justice likes this

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:59 PM

YES u can get knocked out for like 5 minutes for one punch but there's no f u c k i n g way u can die from one punch to the face.

Nah son, you're way off with that. The quarterback of the UCONN football team got bodied with one punch. A lot of people have been killed by a punch. A nerd killed a bully with a punch to the stomach a few years back at this school I went to.

And in GTA, which isn't even meant to be 100% realistic, people get knocked out if you give them a surprise punch. I think that's pretty real.

fwenshy
  • fwenshy

Thug

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:22 PM

What do you mean "stop finding bullsh*t"? The threadstarter found a legitimate flaw in the game and spoke on it. Why the hell are you mad at him for? It's not his fault that this issue exist, it's the fault of the game developers. I don't get why fans always bitch at other fans for pointing out flaws. The fans don't make the games.

I don't understand how people can pretend that this issue is not a big deal. Peds dying from single punches descreases the fun level of the hand-to-hand aspect of the game. Is that so hard to understand? Yes people in real life die from single punches but that is RARE. So rare to the point that it SURPRISES people when they hear about someone dying from a punch. This is not every day sh*t. And you guys always whine about people critiquing "minor aspects" of the game, well hand-to-hand combat is a legitimate issue to critique. Some of you extreme fans need to make up your minds on which situation warrants criticism of the game because I'm confused. Because when people critique small flaws, yall bitch about it, when people critique major flaws yall still bitch about it. Make up your minds, how and when should people be allowed to critique the game then? Yall say we cant critique small things or big things, so what can we critique then? I guess nothing then. GTA 5 is all bubbles and roses, and I guess we are just supposed to sit on this site all night and die lying to each other about how the game is a perfect 10/10 masterpiece just like the fanboys do.

your acting like all peds die from a single punch, its not like that at all. some do some dont, some fight back and take some time to kill. Stop jumping on the hatred band wagon and enjoy gaming life a little. one day you wont be able to anymore.

szmty
  • szmty

Hi Ho

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:27 PM Edited by szmty, 08 November 2013 - 09:29 PM.

I completely agree with you. Dying for a single punch is not as common as many of the other posters think. I mean, here in GTA V, practically every time I punch someone who isn't expecting it, they die. It's not true that they just get knocked out, since the paramedics will arrive soon and will not be able to save the guy I just punched. It's not like if the characters were masters of martial arts or something like that to be able to perform one-hit kills all the time. And that is unrealistic. But you know what else is worse?: one-slap kills. Now that's something I've never heard of; dying from someone slapping you the way you can do it in-game.

Combat in IV was better IMO. You could begin by simply pushing the guy you wanted to fight, and after their health depleted, they would remain alive and after a few minutes they'd recover and walk away. This was much more realistic than one-hit kills all the time.

G.S.T
  • G.S.T

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:34 PM

It kinda makes me laugh how long you wrote that. People get his point, the fighting isn't that realistic. Still doesn't need an entire thread.

fwenshy
  • fwenshy

Thug

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:45 PM Edited by fwenshy, 08 November 2013 - 10:00 PM.

I completely agree with you. Dying for a single punch is not as common as many of the other posters think. I mean, here in GTA V, practically every time I punch someone who isn't expecting it, they die. It's not true that they just get knocked out, since the paramedics will arrive soon and will not be able to save the guy I just punched. It's not like if the characters were masters of martial arts or something like that to be able to perform one-hit kills all the time. And that is unrealistic. But you know what else is worse?: one-slap kills. Now that's something I've never heard of; dying from someone slapping you the way you can do it in-game.

Combat in IV was better IMO. You could begin by simply pushing the guy you wanted to fight, and after their health depleted, they would remain alive and after a few minutes they'd recover and walk away. This was much more realistic than one-hit kills all the time.

You think that beating someone to within an inch of their lives and then leaving them, then that person lay on the ground all f*cked up, then all of a sudden they get up like nothing has happened.......is more realistic than someone getting slapped/punched to the ground and dying straight away. You need a slap! See if we can beat some sense into you.

And what i also dont get with you whiny little c*nts is.....Why dont you complain about stuff thats unrealistic like being able to one punch through a car window, carry multiple weapons, have health re generate, pull a parachute out of your arse when you fall off a building, have the knowledge to drive/fly any machine and many many other unrealistic things. You people make no sense. 

szmty
  • szmty

Hi Ho

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:51 AM

You think that beating someone to within an inch of their lives and then leaving them, then that person lay on the ground all f*cked up, then all of a sudden they get up like nothing has happened.......is more realistic than someone getting slapped/punched to the ground and dying straight away. You need a slap! See if we can beat some sense into you.

And what i also dont get with you whiny little c*nts is.....Why dont you complain about stuff thats unrealistic like being able to one punch through a car window, carry multiple weapons, have health re generate, pull a parachute out of your arse when you fall off a building, have the knowledge to drive/fly any machine and many many other unrealistic things. You people make no sense. 

Actually, I forgot to add they walk in pain, and will sometimes fall to the ground again... so it's still more realistic than almost always dying from one-hits.

This effect of deciding if you kill someone or not after beating them up was nailed to near perfection in IV, and I would have preferred to have it improved rather than removing it from the game.

However, I kinda feel that feature fits more with IV that it would with V, since Niko was a character that was always doubting about what was right or wrong. We know that he feels empty when he kills, so maybe that's why the game gives us the option to kill or not whoever we're fighting. Here in V, neither Michael, Franklin or Trevor seem to mind having killed people in the past, or killing more people in the present, specially true for Trevor who is a complete sociopath. Maybe that's the reason they removed this feature. Yet I think, and I'm sure many others think the same, that the melee combat experience would be different if the opponent was able to survive after being knocked out, rather than simply dying.

I must say, that I can understand an old unhealthy hobo, an obese, an elder, and of course a wimp, immediately dying after the knock out or after a strong punch on the neck or the back of the head. But what about those who seem to be average people, or those weightlifters at Muscle Beach? They should be able to survive at least a slap or a punch on the face for most of the time. Well, in my gameplay they tend to die from single punches/slaps around 80% of the time. If you want people to give you a fight, you have to piss them off before attempting to fight them.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:00 AM

LIKE WTF??? u hit someone with 1 punch and they just die and doesn't get up. BUT WHEN U SHOOT THEM WITH A PISTOL ONCE THEY DONT EVEN DIE??? ONLY AFTER U SHOOT THEM LIKE 3 TIMES!!! u call this realistic rockstar?

this is stupid. NO LOGIC AT ALL. please fix this *R

YES u can get knocked out for like 5 minutes for one punch but there's no f u c k i n g way u can die from one punch to the face.

Pretty much anyone can kill with one punch to the head.

ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:21 AM

1 punch can kill. And besides, its only a game so f*ck off

WRONG. no one has ever died from one punch

Well, it looks like someone forgot to take their meds. There are f*cking plenty of examples of people dying from being hit once. Try Google, you tool.

Omar Little
  • Omar Little

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:25 AM

Also, you know that thing when you're chasing some pedestrian with melee from like 10 feet distance, aim on the target and press action your character kind of gets "sucked into" the target and hits it. It's stupid.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users