Quantcast

» «
Photo

Airstrikes During Races

17 replies to this topic

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:34 PM Edited by 2281, 26 September 2013 - 04:35 PM.

Am I the only one that sees a problem with this? My understanding is that there is only one race mode in GTAO and that you can randomly call in an airstrike to take out those in lead. Where did this silly Call of Duty sh*t come from? What's wrong with having two distinct race modes, i.e., Race and GTA Race?

Let the trolling begin!

LJseemyflow
  • LJseemyflow

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:47 PM

It will certainly be interesting to see how that works as well as the fact that ppl can also shoot at racers not just bomb em

Omar Comin
  • Omar Comin

Thug

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:52 PM

It's going to be a bit silly, hopefully Races aren't very common since they're boring and tacked on.

KageOni
  • KageOni

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:01 PM

Am I the only one that sees a problem with this? My understanding is that there is only one race mode in GTAO and that you can randomly call in an airstrike to take out those in lead. Where did this silly Call of Duty sh*t come from? What's wrong with having two distinct race modes, i.e., Race and GTA Race?

Let the trolling begin!

Call of Duty? Sounds more like Mario Kart.

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:19 PM

Let the trolling begin!

i hope they make the bond car available with the machine guns and spikes LOL

• Cavintine likes this

Skeloton
  • Skeloton

Living Dead Gangster

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:27 PM

Blk95ta, That sounds like so much fun.

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:30 PM

You could shoot people in RDR horse races, so the shooting from cars makes sense. 

I am highly interested in how they'll make the airstrikes function. Should be entertaining. 

The fact that a player can design a course, then put a bounty up for the first to beat their time is excellent. 

With the hoards of imaginative players out there, I'm sure there are going to be some legendary races created. 

SuperDuperGta
  • SuperDuperGta

Homie

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:30 PM

Yea Agreed, hopefully there will be a setting to turn it on or off with

James Bond 007
  • James Bond 007

Secret Agent for the Mi6

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:35 PM

Let the trolling begin!

i hope they make the bond car available with the machine guns and spikes LOL

@blk95ta .... yea me too.

aR2k
  • aR2k

Playa

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:26 AM

Its not a solid tactic tho, think about it. I bet the airstrikes will be dodgeable, so if you are on lets say 3rd place, and you call in airstrikes to take out the first 2, your gonna have to go through the menu while driving, which isnt very smart, secondly you need to be far enough behind 1st and 2nd place so that you yourself wont get hit, and by doing that, if they dodge it, they will have an ever bigger lead. So its risky

MisterRawgers
  • MisterRawgers

Swindler

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:40 AM

Don't the races happen during free roam? Like it's a race with checkpoints obviously but it's happening during free roam where other players are doing other things, so players outside the race could interfere couldn't they? I'm not sure if this is true or not but I thought I remember reading that somewhere. If I'm wrong let me know, lol.

aR2k
  • aR2k

Playa

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:43 AM

Don't the races happen during free roam? Like it's a race with checkpoints obviously but it's happening during free roam where other players are doing other things, so players outside the race could interfere couldn't they? I'm not sure if this is true or not but I thought I remember reading that somewhere. If I'm wrong let me know, lol.

That is the case, yes ;) 

kopkiller666
  • kopkiller666

I kill Police Officers

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:56 AM

People gonna be planting sticky bombs at the finish line.....

el-cobra
  • el-cobra

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:59 AM

i agree i hope thiers an option for clean races it takes away driving skill if the person behind can call in an airstrike 

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:32 AM

You could shoot people in RDR horse races, so the shooting from cars makes sense. 
I am highly interested in how they'll make the airstrikes function. Should be entertaining. 
The fact that a player can design a course, then put a bounty up for the first to beat their time is excellent. 

With the hoards of imaginative players out there, I'm sure there are going to be some legendary races created.

I have an idea for a race / mission 1 guy takes a semi another guy takes a Phoenix and you have to run from point A to point B back to point A within a certain amount of time while out running several cops. And there may or may not be 400 cases of Coors beer in the back of the truck if you get my drift

Lunytunes
  • Lunytunes

Dat Angry AZs Gerbil

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:34 AM

Be happy that you can switch to a place where it's made for racing. Imagine if you were racing on the map itself with all the players around you. I would wait for people to race so I can bomb them myself :D

Trevor Philips Industries!

midniteryu
  • midniteryu

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:08 AM Edited by midniteryu, 29 September 2013 - 08:08 AM.

Imagine racing your in the lead and you take the final turn before the finish line,  we'll say  500ft away and you turn into a full on shoot out between cops and players over a heist, hold-up, or armored car stick-up lol.

SlicedSebs
  • SlicedSebs

I sell soap...

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:47 AM

Still don't really understand why R* lectured about being a 'badsport' by blowing up other user vehicles, yet enabled airstrikes in races...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users