Photo

GTA World Persistent? No...

9 replies to this topic
shaftpolls
  • shaftpolls

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:16 PM

The number one defect for me on GTA (I believe all series) is the fact that "everything" we do does not really shape the city. Every event (e.g car accident, explosion) disapear and everything is put together as it was as soon as we leave that place (1 or 2 miles maximum).

Don't you agree that our actions should persist? I feel very frustrated about this fact..

LaughingDingo
  • LaughingDingo

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:20 PM

It would be awesome to still see the burnt out cars and bullet holes from fire fights when we drive by them, but I don't know that the systems are capable of handling it or if the game engine is even designed to be capable of it. I'd be all for it, though.

djjohnjarvis90
  • djjohnjarvis90

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:22 PM

That would take up a lot of memory to store all of that and as most people know, the Xbox and PS3 are seriously lacking as they are very old hardware. I've left a car around the corner for less than a minute and it's gone so that would seriously suggest that the game has to constantly clear up a lot of memory due to the amount of things moving about on screen at once. Maybe next gen games will improve on this.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:23 PM

GTAOnline...

Neoflite
  • Neoflite

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:28 PM

That would take up a lot of memory to store all of that and as most people know, the Xbox and PS3 are seriously lacking as they are very old hardware. I've left a car around the corner for less than a minute and it's gone so that would seriously suggest that the game has to constantly clear up a lot of memory due to the amount of things moving about on screen at once. Maybe next gen games will improve on this.

I was trying to hook up a trailer to a car, I got out of the car for a second and when I turned around, the car was gone. That`s even worse than GTA III.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:30 PM Edited by jamieleng, 26 September 2013 - 04:31 PM.

If you're expecting this from next-gen, then you're going to be sorely disappointed (even with this new fangled cloud gaming).

kj2022
  • kj2022

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:31 PM

I think the persistent nature linked to GTA Online is more based on things like the stock market, and your crew, and your friends. Such as, if your friend has a wanted level, and tries to change servers to join you, his wanted level will also come as well, leaving you both in a chase. Or, Bawsaq will be effected by the players participating in heists or missions and hitting stores, even buying things could lead to an effect on Bawsaq. We can't say the persistent online world is bogus before we actually play it.

grawitj
  • grawitj

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:35 PM

Yes, it would awesome to see something as it been in Godfather game, we used to rob shops or so and if we would destroy them, banks and so they were closed for a game week for renovation. Good game it is, love it.

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:37 PM

I could've sworn this was a fan site. Maybe I was wrong.

shaftpolls
  • shaftpolls

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:40 PM Edited by shaftpolls, 26 September 2013 - 04:41 PM.

From a game of this nature, that's what we expect. A live city ! Not a fake city in which everything is just beautiful but not really live. 

One of the features that led Minecraft to success was that.

We don't ask for total interaction with everything, we just ask : What I do, should stay at least 2 or 3 days. Is this too much ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users