Quantcast

» «
Photo

Cell phone internet glitch after the "Minor turbulence" missio

Best Answer sixstrings, 04 March 2014 - 03:43 PM

HOLY sh*t!!! IT'S FIXED!!!!!! MY GAME WORKS!

Really????  All I have to do is download the new patch and I am good to go?  I never did SAVE the game with the glitch - I have a couple saves prior that the phone works fine with...Am I going to be OK???

Thanks again.

Go to the full post

180 replies to this topic
PyramidHead88
  • PyramidHead88

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 February 2014 - 07:32 PM Edited by PyramidHead88, 19 February 2014 - 08:29 PM.

http://uk.ign.com/ar...n-has-your-back

Fill out this form guys. See what we can get done. Hopefully IGN will report on it.

(OO)SKYLINE(OO)
  • (OO)SKYLINE(OO)

BOSS

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:26 AM Edited by (OO)SKYLINE(OO), 25 February 2014 - 06:29 AM.

Got another response for the R* Tech Support Team:

Rockstar: Hi

Their have been a recent title update to your game. if you are still having the same issue please contact us again with full detail of the issue

Kind regards

Alec..H"

Me: "
Hi Alec..H

After installing Ver. 1.10, the Cell Phone Bug is still persisting.

Still not fixed as yet.

Single Player and Online.

If I Replay a Single Player Mission and access the Internet via Cell Phone, it works fine.

But when playing my current game and online, the Bug returns.

Thank you.

Rockstar: "Hi

We are working on a fix for this bug and we appreciate your patience. You will be informed as to when this will be fixed.

Kind regards

Alec..H"

handsomeb
  • handsomeb

Player Hater

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:30 AM

Registered to document my experience with this glitch as well as the lack of support. Stuck at 85.7% completion, everything works fine until completion of "Re-uniting the family", at which point going to the eyefind homepage will break internet and the phone. I can go back to earlier save files without the glitch, but completion of this mission eventually leads to this glitch every time.

I registred a ticket with Rockstar support january 25th, and had given up on getting a response by now. But last evening a response came, after 1 month.

My original comment:

handsomeb, Jan 25 07:53 PM:

After completion of the single payer mission "re-uniting the family" opening the internet application on the in game mobile phone will break the mobile: no phone apps open and internet is unavailable. It is therefore impossible to access stocks markets, buy cars etc.

Starting from older save files before the glitch appear makes everything will work up until completion of the same mission ("re-uniting the family"), when the glitch will reappear every time. It is therefore impossible to progress story mode beyond this mission without corrupting the save file.

RS reply:

Shurod D., Feb 24 05:23 PM:

Hi handsomeb

support do not have an answer to the game play question you have. If you are having a technical issue with your game, we will be able to assist you with getting the game working. However, I can recommend that you consult with some gaming websites such as IGN.com, Gamefaqs.com or Gamespot.com, just to name a few along with the R* community forums at http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/communities/public/topics.

Their also has been a recent title update that may have resolved your issue. the following link is to what the update was about http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/201672037 If you have any further questions feel free to contact us again

Kind regards

Alec..H

So basically the reply is "we have no idea, please go away"...

ViceCityStalker
  • ViceCityStalker

Balls Deep Inside Candy Suxxx

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:17 AM

Alec H gets around....atleast he didn`t say cheers at the end!

sixstrings
  • sixstrings

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:12 PM Edited by sixstrings, 25 February 2014 - 02:18 PM.

I got the exact same reply today.  I am pissed to say the least.  I want my money back or something.

Mine glitches out after the Third way last mission.   Over 100 hours into this game, did everything right, and then at the end it glitches out and I can't enjoy my money, buy cars, etc, etc.

I'm amazed this is allowed to continue without a fix.  I will NEVER buy another Rockstar product as long as I live and have been telling all the gamers I know this story so they will think twice about purchasing their shoddy product in the future.

(OO)SKYLINE(OO)
  • (OO)SKYLINE(OO)

BOSS

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:32 PM Edited by (OO)SKYLINE(OO), 25 February 2014 - 10:32 PM.

support do not have an answer to the game play question you have. If you are having a technical issue with your game, we will be able to assist you with getting the game working. However, I can recommend that you consult with some gaming websites such as IGN.com, Gamefaqs.com or Gamespot.com, just to name a few along with the R* community forums at http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/communities/public/topics.

Kind regards

Alec..H

LOL! Really?!

R* can make a gigantically successful game yet can't fix their own issues...?

Consult gaming websites... Yeah cause a community of nerds / gamers / modders / hackers are really gonna fix the issue...

Even if we could, it is besides the point, you (R*) sold a product that does not function as how it is suppose to.

Hah! Such different answers and responses...

It's interesting to see what others have got.

Well hope R* keep to their word.

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:12 PM

I still haven't got a response on my ticket yet, but if I did, I'm sure Alec H would just say the same thing to me. 

handsomeb
  • handsomeb

Player Hater

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:07 PM

So while I waited a month to get a reply to my original ticket getting a response to my follow up post only took 2 hours.

Me:

"I'm a bit surprised this is categorized as a game play question: The in game mechanics break at a certain point in a game. Your game has a bug which needs to be fixed.

The 1.10 title update did not solve the problem.

Refering me to gaming websites did confirm that this is an issue experienced by a lot of players though, and that it typically affects players with a very high game completion percent (ca 85 % or higher).

The bug is also referenced on your support page - it has been known since at least early october:

http://support.rocks...-phone-in-GTA-V

but the last update to this support page was made over 3 months ago. Are you still investigating wether this is an issue? Are there any plans to fix this?"

RS:

"Hello,

Yes this is being investigated. We are currently working towards a solution. Please stay tunes on the Newswire for updated.

Regards,

Alec"

The status of my ticket is now changed to "Solved", but I'm far from convinced that this actually reflects the technical status of the bug.

PyramidHead88
  • PyramidHead88

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 March 2014 - 12:12 PM

So there's a patch on Tuesday, right? What are the chances of it fixing this? I'm going with no.

• UltraGizmo64 likes this

(OO)SKYLINE(OO)
  • (OO)SKYLINE(OO)

BOSS

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:26 AM Edited by (OO)SKYLINE(OO), 03 March 2014 - 12:26 AM.

So there's a patch on Tuesday, right? What are the chances of it fixing this? I'm going with no.

Yeah, so the GTA V Business DLC Pack..?

Hopefully!

For now, I have started up a new Single Player Save Game, just to play online, so I can access the internet via phone / laptop.

Did the Prologue and Franklin's first mission with Lamar, just to get to his Safehouse and did a Save Game.

Then launch Online. 

As my first Single Player Save Game still persist with this issue, until R* FIX IT!!!

DugFreez
  • DugFreez

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:49 AM

I also filled out the form at "IGN has your back".

http://www.ign.com/a...n-has-your-back

I would think this would be something they could help with. I would think if Rockstar knew IGN were interested in why this single player, game breaking bug hasn't been resolved and why their support staff continues to give different people different information....it might get Rockstar REALLY looking into getting this issue fixed.

I urge everyone esle with this issue to do the same. The more that bring up this GTA 5 Internet issue the better the chance is that they will look into it.

PS: On a side note...I have to say that all of these people posting "fixes" and "solutions" to this by just saying "start a new game and save and on-line is fixed" are just hurting the people who care about single player at all. There is no fix...there is no solution. What they are suggesting is a "work around" so you can play on-line and not be effected by this bug. If fixes nothing as far as the single player game is concerned. I'm sure they mean well...but they are just making false claims by calling it a fix.

PyramidHead88
  • PyramidHead88

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 March 2014 - 06:46 PM

I filled out that form a couple of weeks ago but they never got back to me. I still think everyone else should giv it a go though.

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:35 PM Edited by chrisscorsese88, 03 March 2014 - 09:35 PM.

Well it seems that my ticket finally got a reply, but it was the standard automatic reply.

Hello FarmerVerd514,

Thank you for contacting R* Games Support.

We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with one of our titles. Below you will find some Console Troubleshooting steps which may help resolve the issue. These are the official troubleshooting steps provided by Microsoft on their support site:

Before troubleshooting, please check the following:
1. Turn the console off and on.
2. Unplug all power cords and accessories, and then plug them back in firmly. Make sure all connections are secure.
3. Update your console software (this article from Microsoft details how to check if your console software is up to date http://support.xbox....m-updates-info)

Clearing the System Cache:
1. Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.
2. Select Storage or Memory.
3. Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller.
4. Select Clear System Cache.
5. When prompted to confirm storage device maintenance, select Yes.

Clearing the Game Data:
(Prior to clearing the game data, ensure that you back up any Save Data so it doesn't become deleted)
1. Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.
2. Select Storage or Memory.
3. Highlight any storage device, and then press A on your controller.
4. Select Games and Apps.
5. Scroll through the list until you find the game you want to clear the data, once you find it press A on your controller.
6. Delete any game related files which are not "save" files, if these files are deleted they cannot be recovered.
7. Once all of the files have been deleted, go back to the Xbox Dashboard Home.
8. Reboot the game.

If this is still happening let's try this on a second 360 to see if the same issue is occurring.

Cheers,

shurod

Support ticket: http://support.rocks...equests/2014996

PyramidHead88
  • PyramidHead88

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:16 PM

I've NEVER encountered technical support anywhere near this bad. It's staggering how unhelpful they are!

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:46 PM

I've clearly told them that I (along with everyone else) already did all of their steps and it didn't work...

PyramidHead88
  • PyramidHead88

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:39 AM

So, has anyone got the update? Did it fix the glitch?

PyramidHead88
  • PyramidHead88

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:39 PM

• UltraGizmo64 and (OO)SKYLINE(OO) like this

sixstrings
  • sixstrings

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:43 PM   Best Answer

Really????  All I have to do is download the new patch and I am good to go?  I never did SAVE the game with the glitch - I have a couple saves prior that the phone works fine with...Am I going to be OK???

Thanks again.

PyramidHead88
  • PyramidHead88

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:50 PM

Thanks again.

Should be. I downloaded the patch and completed the mission that usually triggers the glitch and it was fine. I've done a few missions since then and it's good!

• (OO)SKYLINE(OO) likes this

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:59 PM

I can confirm that my save is now patched as well. HUZZAHHH!!!  :panic:

PineboxFiller
  • PineboxFiller

Liar

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:24 PM

I'm happy for you guys. Hopefully it's fixed for everyone and for good.

(OO)SKYLINE(OO)
  • (OO)SKYLINE(OO)

BOSS

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:26 PM

I gotta check my older save game to see if it's patched with the fix.

Hope it is.

Thanks for that!

PedoneRosso
  • PedoneRosso

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:10 PM Edited by PedoneRosso, 06 March 2014 - 12:36 AM.

Oh YES!

Finally! (hopefully...?)

So now:

can someone please point me in the direction of a forum thread where one can find the procedure to upload patches for people who don't connect their Xbox to the net?

THANKS in advance to any kindhearted forum user who knows the answer and replies to this noob request of mine.

(I think an answer to this question would be useful for others too, when present in this thread)

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:39 PM

I marked this problem as solved--- please post back and PM me if the patch does NOT fix this for someone.

Spuds

sixstrings
  • sixstrings

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:04 PM

Just to clarify for the newbies like me...

If i download and install the Business DLC pack, this IS the 1.11 patch?  Or is this 2 different downloads?

Thanks

PyramidHead88
  • PyramidHead88

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:06 PM

Same download. The business pack is installed through 1.11

(OO)SKYLINE(OO)
  • (OO)SKYLINE(OO)

BOSS

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:41 PM Edited by (OO)SKYLINE(OO), 05 March 2014 - 10:43 PM.

+1

I can confirm!

After installing Update Ver. 1.11, the Cell Phone glitch is fixed!

Tested both Single Player and Online at the same time.

Used Franklin / Michael / Trevor and online character and it works.

Can access internet via cell phone / laptops, all works.

DugFreez
  • DugFreez

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:49 AM

It is also fixed for me! :lol: 

All of my saves were fine, but I couldn't do "Melt Down" or "A Starlet in Vinewood" without triggering the bug and breaking the internet. I dl the Business DLC pack when it was released, but hadn't had a chance to test it right away. So tonight I started the game and it prompted for a small update. I did that and then finished "A Starlete in Vinewood"....the internet still works afterwards. Whoo!

I'm so glad this was finally fixed, but it still boggles my mind as to why it wasn't mentioned in the 1.11 update notes and is still listed as "Updated 11/8/13: We have received a few reports about continued issues with selecting Internet on the cell phone even after the most recent TU, and are investigating this" on their official thread about the issue?

Out of couiosity and to be clear.....did anyone have a save where the internet WOULD NOT work for them and try that save after the 1.11 patch? I am just wondering if the patch fixed saves that were already showing the bug?

I always had my doubts that a bad save would ever get repaired...but for those that kept thrie broken saves, it would be nice if 1.11 did fix them.

If it did fix them...I wish I would have saved my save with the most progress (story wise), but it really wasn't too far ahead of "Melt Down" where mine was getting triggered. So I'm not really set back very far from where I was at one time.

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:01 PM

Out of couiosity and to be clear.....did anyone have a save where the internet WOULD NOT work for them and try that save after the 1.11 patch? I am just wondering if the patch fixed saves that were already showing the bug?

I always had my doubts that a bad save would ever get repaired...but for those that kept thrie broken saves, it would be nice if 1.11 did fix them.

If it did fix them...I wish I would have saved my save with the most progress (story wise), but it really wasn't too far ahead of "Melt Down" where mine was getting triggered. So I'm not really set back very far from where I was at one time.

On my save that was broken, I already beat all the missions and saved after it got triggered. It's fixed now.

sixstrings
  • sixstrings

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:57 PM

I can confirm this new patch fixed the cell-phone glitch...

They sure make it clunky to d/l on an Xbox though...lol.

Anyway, thanks again to all you fine peeps for putting up with this newbie :)

Your help was very appreciated.

Thanks again everyone...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users