Quantcast

» «
Photo

Cell phone internet glitch after the "Minor turbulence" missio

Best Answer sixstrings, 04 March 2014 - 03:43 PM

HOLY sh*t!!! IT'S FIXED!!!!!! MY GAME WORKS!

Really????  All I have to do is download the new patch and I am good to go?  I never did SAVE the game with the glitch - I have a couple saves prior that the phone works fine with...Am I going to be OK???

Thanks again.

Go to the full post

180 replies to this topic
PyramidHead88
  • PyramidHead88

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:16 PM

This is quite a easy BUG to fix,
all you have to do is create a new save of the game and then go to at least the mission where you have to go get your boat back and save your son.

Then after doing that head on to public online session and then go back to singleplayer and load the save that had the problem and try,

if this does not work feel free to contact me and ask.

Correct me if I'm wrong but this won't allow us to use the Internet in our current single players saves. Will it?

all you have to do is create a new save of the game and then go to at least the mission where you have to go get your boat back and save your son.

Then after doing that head on to public online session and then go back to singleplayer and load the save that had the problem and try,

I cannot go online with my xbox.

Any other suggestion?

Do you know anyone else with a 360? They might be able to download the patch and give it to you via a flash drive.

PedoneRosso
  • PedoneRosso

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:24 PM

Do you know anyone else with a 360? They might be able to download the patch and give it to you via a flash drive.

As far as I know, the patches released at the moment didn't solve this problem.

I hope I'm wrong, though.

PyramidHead88
  • PyramidHead88

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:01 PM

As far as I know, the patches released at the moment didn't solve this problem.

I hope I'm wrong, though.

Yeah, there isn't a patch for this yet. I was just leaving it there for future reference.

• PedoneRosso likes this

PyramidHead88
  • PyramidHead88

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 January 2014 - 06:58 PM

So they finally responded to my ticket from Christmas Eve with an automated response, linking me to that damn article. I provdided lots of info on my ticket and it was completly ignored. They're never going to fix this.

HonestOG556
  • HonestOG556

Crackpot

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:26 AM Edited by HonestOG556, 26 January 2014 - 12:26 AM.

Hey there,

Sorry about the delayed response -- We are currently working under high case volumes.

We sent this information over to our Admin team that is investigating this issue. Once the investigation is completed, you will be contacted with an update.

If you have any other technical questions or concerns, feel free to contact us again.

Best Regards,
Sloan D.

Thank you Sloan.

PyramidHead88
  • PyramidHead88

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:30 PM Edited by PyramidHead88, 27 January 2014 - 09:31 PM.

You have got to be kidding me!

"Hey Pyramidhead88,

Have you tried to create a new Story Mode save file? You can either save your existing game to a new slot, or complete the Prologue to create a brand new save file. We have heard this will resolve this bug. If you are still having issues, please provide the following information:

Summary:

Console/Platform:

Single or Multiplayer:
- If Single Player, what difficulty level?
- If Multiplayer, be specific to what each player did in order to reproduce the bug.

Steps to Reproduce:
1 - Launch Game
2 - From Main Menu
3 -
4 -
5 -

Detailed Description of the Issue:

If possible, please provide video and/or screenshots. Once we have this information, we'll be able to take a look into the issue and get back with you.

We deeply apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Cheers,

Liam"

They  haven't got a clue what they're doing!

(OO)SKYLINE(OO)
  • (OO)SKYLINE(OO)

BOSS

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:12 AM Edited by (OO)SKYLINE(OO), 03 February 2014 - 12:25 AM.

You have got to be kidding me!

"Hey Pyramidhead88,

Have you tried to create a new Story Mode save file? You can either save your existing game to a new slot, or complete the Prologue to create a brand new save file. We have heard this will resolve this bug. If you are still having issues, please provide the following information:

Summary:

Console/Platform:

Single or Multiplayer:
- If Single Player, what difficulty level?
- If Multiplayer, be specific to what each player did in order to reproduce the bug.

Steps to Reproduce:
1 - Launch Game
2 - From Main Menu
3 -
4 -
5 -

Detailed Description of the Issue:

If possible, please provide video and/or screenshots. Once we have this information, we'll be able to take a look into the issue and get back with you.

We deeply apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Cheers,

Liam"

They  haven't got a clue what they're doing!

That was one of my responses...

I took the time, step by step of how the error comes about...

Did you fill it in and send it back to them?

PyramidHead88
  • PyramidHead88

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:25 PM

I did. The thing is though, I had already provided all that information when I opened the ticket. He just didn't bother reading it. I've been escalated to tier 2 (Again!) but that doesn't mean s****.

(OO)SKYLINE(OO)
  • (OO)SKYLINE(OO)

BOSS

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:25 PM

I did. The thing is though, I had already provided all that information when I opened the ticket. He just didn't bother reading it. I've been escalated to tier 2 (Again!) but that doesn't mean s****.

Ah damn!

Was it the same person who responded to you with this email or someone else?

PyramidHead88
  • PyramidHead88

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:31 PM

The same guy.

Looks like the hiests are going to be late. I was hoping the patch might fix this problem.

(OO)SKYLINE(OO)
  • (OO)SKYLINE(OO)

BOSS

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:50 PM Edited by (OO)SKYLINE(OO), 29 January 2014 - 11:51 PM.

The same guy.

Looks like the hiests are going to be late. I was hoping the patch might fix this problem.

Friggin R* Support :angry: 

Yeah, well just gotta keep waiting.

Hopefully when the heist comes out, it will be sorted out.

Btw you on PS3 or XBOX 360? I believe the phone glitch it is happening on both platforms..?

PyramidHead88
  • PyramidHead88

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:51 PM

I'm PS3 and yeah, it's happening on both plaforms. I don't know if it's more common on one or the other. What console are you on?

(OO)SKYLINE(OO)
  • (OO)SKYLINE(OO)

BOSS

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:54 PM

I'm PS3 and yeah, it's happening on both plaforms. I don't know if it's more common on one or the other. What console are you on?

Yeah same PS3.

Ah ok, so it's not console specific, so it's the game itself.

gmansland
  • gmansland

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:45 AM Edited by gmansland, 31 January 2014 - 02:49 AM.

same problem here started around 94.4% . I just got the game in December so there claims its old save files is Bull. I also asked R support about the problem and they haven't responded its been a week. update 1.10 still not fixed. PS3

was thinking about starting over but who can say it wont just happen again

(OO)SKYLINE(OO)
  • (OO)SKYLINE(OO)

BOSS

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 31 January 2014 - 03:25 AM

same problem here started around 94.4% . I just got the game in December so there claims its old save files is Bull. I also asked R support about the problem and they haven't responded its been a week. update 1.10 still not fixed. PS3

Ver. 1.10 is out?

PyramidHead88
  • PyramidHead88

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 31 January 2014 - 07:24 PM

Ver. 1.10 is out?

As far as I can tell we're still on 1.09

And start the game again at your own risk. I know a few people who have got this glitch twice and one guy who was unlucky enough to suffer from it three times! Support can take over a month to respond and even then they're bloody useless. (See some of their replies in this thread) But it's good you let them know. It's harder for them to ignore it that way.

• (OO)SKYLINE(OO) likes this

gmansland
  • gmansland

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 February 2014 - 03:20 AM

o my bad thought this last update was 1.10 was it 1.09 well whatever still same point it wasn't fixed

PyramidHead88
  • PyramidHead88

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:29 PM

I don't thimk 1.10 is far off. Fingers crosssed guys!

(OO)SKYLINE(OO)
  • (OO)SKYLINE(OO)

BOSS

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:28 AM

Ver. 1.10 is out?

As far as I can tell we're still on 1.09

And start the game again at your own risk. I know a few people who have got this glitch twice and one guy who was unlucky enough to suffer from it three times! Support can take over a month to respond and even then they're bloody useless. (See some of their replies in this thread) But it's good you let them know. It's harder for them to ignore it that way.

Ok, 1.09, thanks!

o my bad thought this last update was 1.10 was it 1.09 well whatever still same point it wasn't fixed

I don't thimk 1.10 is far off. Fingers crosssed guys!

Yeah, every new update, I hope R* will address the issue and get a fix.

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:20 AM

Ah great, this problem just happened to me now. I beat the main story and was at about 95%, and it was still good. But then I went back to complete the rampages, doing the third one last, and saved. That's when this glitch activated for me.

I followed these exact steps and it did not fix it.

PyramidHead88
  • PyramidHead88

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:36 PM

Ah great, this problem just happened to me now. I beat the main story and was at about 95%, and it was still good. But then I went back to complete the rampages, doing the third one last, and saved. That's when this glitch activated for me.

I followed these exact steps and it did not fix it.

All I can say is leave a ticket at their support site. I am interested in their response at this stage.

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:33 PM

Yea, I submitted one a few days ago here and I got an email saying " Your request has been received, and is being reviewed by our support staff. Feel free to respond directly to this email and your comments will be added to the ticket." Let's hope they fix it with this next title update or if they won't fix it until a future one.

PyramidHead88
  • PyramidHead88

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:36 PM

So they fixed everything except the Internet bug. F*** it. I'm selling this broken POS.

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:44 PM

Them not fixing this yet isn't enough to make me throw this out or sell it, but I'm still frustrated at how much they pay attention to online more than single player. I'm sure they'll fix it by the time the real SP DLC comes out.

PyramidHead88
  • PyramidHead88

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:37 PM

Them not fixing this yet isn't enough to make me throw this out or sell it, but I'm still frustrated at how much they pay attention to online more than single player. I'm sure they'll fix it by the time the real SP DLC comes out.

I'm not sure they'll fix it.

DugFreez
  • DugFreez

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:38 AM

I'm almost sure they won't fix it. It's been 5 months and it hasn't been fixed yet. The reviews are done and they have their money (I should say OUR money). They are now only concerned with on-line and taking in more cash.

I can only hope that this bug also carries over to any single player DLC they decide to release, because I would hope gamers would have enough sence to not buy a broken add-on for this broken game.

This bug only seems to happen to higher completion games...my biggest wish is that gamespot, IGN, Kotaku and others would do a GTA 5 review revisited and knock the scorres down 10 points for this. I's sure with the 3 - 5 days they had to do thrie original reviews they didn't get deep enough in the game to trigger it. I'm sure the bug would be fixed very quickly if one of the big review sites informed them that they were doing such a thing.

It's known that they know about the issue, but when you submit a support ticket it is either ignored or they say "Start a new game and your phone / internet will work fine again". I can tell you from first hand experiance that they have also been deleting threads on their support forum about this issue. I was suprised to see the first thread about this issue being way back on page 3. So I decided to make a new thread asking about the progress on the fix. The post went up and 5 minutes later it was gone. No wonder you don't see it mentioned as much on their forum.

robinthefactory
  • robinthefactory

The Assassin

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:55 AM

My God, I seriously just posted about this glitch not realizing others had it. I got it while talking to a random character in Paleto Bay, who interrupted me by talking while I was on the internet, hence causing the glitch.

AddamHusayin
  • AddamHusayin

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:50 PM

I'm almost sure they won't fix it. It's been 5 months and it hasn't been fixed yet. The reviews are done and they have their money (I should say OUR money). They are now only concerned with on-line and taking in more cash.

I can only hope that this bug also carries over to any single player DLC they decide to release, because I would hope gamers would have enough sence to not buy a broken add-on for this broken game.

This bug only seems to happen to higher completion games...my biggest wish is that gamespot, IGN, Kotaku and others would do a GTA 5 review revisited and knock the scorres down 10 points for this. I's sure with the 3 - 5 days they had to do thrie original reviews they didn't get deep enough in the game to trigger it. I'm sure the bug would be fixed very quickly if one of the big review sites informed them that they were doing such a thing.

It's known that they know about the issue, but when you submit a support ticket it is either ignored or they say "Start a new game and your phone / internet will work fine again". I can tell you from first hand experiance that they have also been deleting threads on their support forum about this issue. I was suprised to see the first thread about this issue being way back on page 3. So I decided to make a new thread asking about the progress on the fix. The post went up and 5 minutes later it was gone. No wonder you don't see it mentioned as much on their forum.

DugFreez! Hey I remember you! I think if you are the same person. I messaged you about this 3 months ago and Rockstar still hasn't fixed this glitch. The gaming news people need to be notified and we need to start a petition to fix this damn glitch. My 100% save is screwed over by the cell phone internet glitch. Sadly, the 1.10 update ignored this. Also there are reports of people still getting this glitch even after making a new save.

DugFreez
  • DugFreez

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:44 PM Edited by DugFreez, 17 February 2014 - 01:49 PM.

@ AddamHusayin...yeah that was probably me as I've had this bug for 4+ months now. I did want to report that I just got a report from a support ticket I submitted. I received the responce on the Saturday after the 1.10 patch.

"There has been a patch released this past Thursday that should resolve your issue.

Of course it doesn't seem to fix anything. My perfectly working game saves still get the bug when I complete "A Starlete in Vinewood". I also find it hard to believe that thye would fix a game breaking bug that they know effects many users and not even mention it in the patch notes. The official thread on the issue has amso not been updated about any fix.

http://support.rocks...-phone-in-GTA-V

I'm guessing they will stick to ignoring the issue, deleting posts about it and saying "It's been fixed., but you have to start a new game. It won't happen again...we promise." and just hoping that the person doesn't get it again.

I would go ahead and start a new game if I actually believed that the issue had been fixed....but I have heard of others that were given the "it was fixed, but you need to start over" line and then they get the bug again on their second playthough.

If Rockstar promisies it's fixed and agrees to refund my money (or other compensation) if I get the bug again on my second playthrough...I would also start a new game. As long as new people are reporting on this issue stioll happening.....I'm going to believe it's not fixed.

PyramidHead88
  • PyramidHead88

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 06:49 PM

@ AddamHusayin...yeah that was probably me as I've had this bug for 4+ months now. I did want to report that I just got a report from a support ticket I submitted. I received the responce on the Saturday after the 1.10 patch.

"There has been a patch released this past Thursday that should resolve your issue.

Of course it doesn't seem to fix anything. My perfectly working game saves still get the bug when I complete "A Starlete in Vinewood". I also find it hard to believe that thye would fix a game breaking bug that they know effects many users and not even mention it in the patch notes. The official thread on the issue has amso not been updated about any fix.

http://support.rocks...-phone-in-GTA-V

I'm guessing they will stick to ignoring the issue, deleting posts about it and saying "It's been fixed., but you have to start a new game. It won't happen again...we promise." and just hoping that the person doesn't get it again.

I would go ahead and start a new game if I actually believed that the issue had been fixed....but I have heard of others that were given the "it was fixed, but you need to start over" line and then they get the bug again on their second playthough.

If Rockstar promisies it's fixed and agrees to refund my money (or other compensation) if I get the bug again on my second playthrough...I would also start a new game. As long as new people are reporting on this issue stioll happening.....I'm going to believe it's not fixed.

That's crazy. They know damn well it hasn't been fixed! I'm phoning them again on the weekend. I want my f***ing money back!

• (OO)SKYLINE(OO) likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users