Quantcast

» «
Photo

Cell phone internet glitch after the "Minor turbulence" missio

Best Answer sixstrings, 04 March 2014 - 03:43 PM

HOLY sh*t!!! IT'S FIXED!!!!!! MY GAME WORKS!

Really????  All I have to do is download the new patch and I am good to go?  I never did SAVE the game with the glitch - I have a couple saves prior that the phone works fine with...Am I going to be OK???

Thanks again.

Go to the full post

180 replies to this topic
PyramidHead88
  • PyramidHead88

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:12 PM

That doesn't work. That's just a bulls*** automated response! You say that's one response, may I ask what the others said?

+1

The other response was a Title Update (Ver. 1.08) was released last night...

http://support.rocks...date-1-08-Notes

They sent me a link and said if the problem persists, I have to contact them again.

In which I have as I replied back to that email.

I believe they now have a lot of evidence that this issue is still persisting and I highly believe they will fix it in the near future.

Tell us what they say when they get back to you.

Yeah sure man, will do!

I have told them to keep in touch and any Updates / News will be great!

I might try phoning them again later. I'd like to find out why they changed the status of my ticket.  Are you tier 1 or 2?

• (OO)SKYLINE(OO) likes this

Darth_Starkiller
  • Darth_Starkiller

Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:38 PM

So, anyone knows what can I do to receive an e-mail/text message containing an internet link so I can skip the main page?

thelegendaryowl
  • thelegendaryowl

Bishop

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:05 AM

So, anyone knows what can I do to receive an e-mail/text message containing an internet link so I can skip the main page?

If you purchase a helipad or a boat dock you will receive a link.

Darth_Starkiller
  • Darth_Starkiller

Soldier

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:40 AM

Well, at least Franklin and Trevor can still access the internet. Anything else?

PyramidHead88
  • PyramidHead88

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 06:44 PM

That's it I'm afraid. Make sure you do everything you need to do in the window that provides! R* aren't going to fix this for at least another month.

HonestOG556
  • HonestOG556

Crackpot

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:52 PM

Don't forget to fill a support ticket on the Rockstar website with an exact description of the bug. You can find the support ticket here:

http://support.rocks...us/requests/new

PyramidHead88
  • PyramidHead88

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:37 PM

Yes, I can't stress this enough. At this point the ticket number must be high enough to warrant an attempt to fix this.

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEAST

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:36 PM

If you purchase a helipad or a boat dock you will receive a link.

This will work but only till you buy everything and the email gets erased . 

This still a serious problem and people are worried about police sirens and driving SMH 

R* still hasnt even given me an answer on this . 

PyramidHead88
  • PyramidHead88

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:09 PM

When did you leave a ticket?

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEAST

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:29 PM

December 14 and not 1 reply     I have a another ticket open from nov 29 where i only got 1 responce so far lol 

(OO)SKYLINE(OO)
  • (OO)SKYLINE(OO)

BOSS

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 December 2013 - 09:34 AM

I might try phoning them again later. I'd like to find out why they changed the status of my ticket.  Are you tier 1 or 2?

Not sure what tier I am, I looked again but didn't see anything to do with the level of my ticket...

All I know is that they responded to me.

Totally give them call, I will be interested to see how they respond to you.

Let us know.

PyramidHead88
  • PyramidHead88

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:57 PM Edited by PyramidHead88, 24 December 2013 - 08:33 PM.

December 14 and not 1 reply     I have a another ticket open from nov 29 where i only got 1 responce so far lol 

That is a poor effort on their part.

Not sure what tier I am, I looked again but didn't see anything to do with the level of my ticket...

All I know is that they responded to me.

Totally give them call, I will be interested to see how they respond to you.

Let us know.

I'll phone them after Christmas. Their line is constantly busy! Maybe people complaining about this glitch? lol

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEAST

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 December 2013 - 02:19 PM Edited by stangone50, 27 December 2013 - 02:30 PM.

• This is the reply i got fellas .........

Hello Stangone50,

Thanks for contacting Rockstar Support.

We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with GTA V on PS3. Below you will find some Console Troubleshooting steps which may help resolve the issue. These are the official troubleshooting steps provided by Sony on their support site:

Before troubleshooting, please check the following:
    a. Turn the console off and on.
    b. Unplug all power cords and accessories, and then plug them back in firmly. Make sure all connections are secure.
    c. Update your console software.

1.) Clearing the Game Data Utility:
    a. In the XMB home menu, go to (Game) > [Game Data Utility].
    Important: Make sure you select [Game Data Utility]. Do NOT select [Saved Data Utility], as this will delete all of your saved games files.
    b. Highlight the game data utility file (i.e., name of a particular game you have been playing) you wish to delete.
    c. Press the button and select [Delete].
    d. Highlight "Yes" and press the button to confirm the deletion.
    e. A message indicating the file is being deleted will appear.
    f. A "Delete completed." message will appear once the file has been successfully deleted.
    g. Once all of the files have been deleted, go back to the XMB home menu.
    h. Reboot the game. You should be prompted to reinstall.

**Please note, if the game freezes during installation, please check the following article:
    http://support.rocks...V-installation-

2.) Ensure your PS3s firmware is up to date (settings > system update - on the main menu).

3.) Restore File System
    If it is up to date then once again delete the game data.

Next follow the steps below:

a. Turn off Playstation®3.
    b. Hold The power button down; The system will turn on and turn off once again.
    c. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps
    d. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.
    e. You will be prompted to plug in your controller via usb and then hit the PS button
    f. The Recovery menu will pop up.
    g. Select Restore File system
    h. Repeat and Rebuild Database

4.) Disconnect your PS3 from the internet.
    We have gotten reports that some players have been able to resolve their issues by disconnecting their console from the internet. It is possible that some freezes are related to some recent server outages that should be resolved shortly. If issues persist, disabling all internet connections on your console should prevent the game from attempting to access the servers. Obviously this is not ideal, but testing this should work at least for troubleshooting purposes, and should be resolved quickly.

5.) Clear save files.

Some crashes can be related to corrupted save data, especially crashes at a specific spot, or crashes on launch. The next step would be to isolate the save files, and see if launching without them remedies the issue. There are several ways of doing this:
    a. Deleting all files in the Save Data Utility related to GTA V. Note: This method will result in permanent loss of data. If the game crashed the first time it launched, no valuable information is stored in here, so they may be deleted freely. If you already played the game for many hours, you may want to consider trying another method.
    b. Backing up all Save Data Utility files on an external device before deleting all files as described above.
    c. Possibly the simplest method, and one that also might isolate other potential issues would be to test the game from a brand new PSN ID/Profile. The save files for PS3 games are tied to a specific user. Launching from a new user should cause the game to pull from a brand new pool of files.

6.) Install the game to a new section of the Hard Drive.
    Another possible troubleshooting step would be to attempt to install the game to a new section of the hard drive.  Typically, when installing, and reinstalling games, the system will attempt to reinstall over the same block of space on the HDD.  While there is no function to manually force the game to install on a different block of space, there is one possible workaround that might force the game to install on a new section.

Basically, what we are going to do is uninstall the game, clear the cache, and then install some unrelated data to the Hard Drive, which should get installed to the block of space where GTA V was previously installing.

Please try the following:

• a. Uninstall the game from the Games and Apps folder.  Delete everything related to GTA V that is not a save file.
    • b. Clear the system cache, as was described above.
    • c. Install about 7-8GB of unrelated content.  If you have your console connected to the internet, the simplest thing here would be to download a bunch of demos from PSN.  The content is unimportant, you never even have to play the demos, the point here is to just eat up some hard drive space, and when you reinstall GTA V, force the console to install the game to a section that was not previously used.  If you do not have a a connection, installing 10-12 music CDs should use up enough space, although more might be needed.  The idea here is to try to use up approximately the same amount of space as GTA V's install, which is about 8.5GB.
    • d. Reinstall GTA V, and see if conditions improve.

7.) Test the game on a second console, or new hard drive.

This last step is potentially the trickiest step, depending on alternate hardware availability, but probably the most important step for determining the cause of major issues on any console. That step would be to test the disc on a separate console. If you have a friend or family member with a PS3, we strongly recommend installing the game on their console, and see if issues persist.

If you continue to have issues, please let us know the following:

• The model of your Playstation 3
    • The size of your hard drive,
    • How much free space is available
    • The contents of any error code, if applicable. If possible, please submit a screen shot of any error messages, or give the presice wording of the error.

Please also provide us with a detailed summary of which of the above steps you were able to try, and details on what effects they had. Additionally, if you were able to try it in another console and the same issue occurred, please provide the model/HD size, etc. of the second system you tested the game on.

Once we receive this information, we will continue to investigate.

Best Regards,

Chad

They are not even addressing the actual problem . They dont even know what causes it or how to avoid it . We are left to fend for ourselves . R* has become a complete joke with this latest installment they call gta . They may be laughin now but we will be the ones laughin when gta 6 comes out and sales tumble . 

PyramidHead88
  • PyramidHead88

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:34 PM Edited by PyramidHead88, 27 December 2013 - 07:35 PM.

That is a joke. Reply and tell them that they KNOW none of that works!

When did you leave that ticket?

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEAST

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:56 PM

Got the reply this morning . I told them people have tried all this stuff . I said I dont want a dam auto reply . And I asked if they could atleast tell us the cause and if there is anyway to avoid it . 

I also asked what is gonna stop it from happening again for people that do delete their saves and start all over . 

All i got from this reply is basically delete your save . I said this is a problem on your end and YOU need to fix it not have me doin all this crap . 

I have pmed MODS asking for help with possibly a sticky on the main page where the subject may get more attention . They pretty much said they would not help us . 

I know I have been able to work around this by loading an earlier save and not doing the rampages but i will continue to stand up for you guys that have not been able to fix it . 

I mean dam at the very least those people should be able to return their games for a full refund . They were sold a broken product  . Because we know dam well it wasnt anything we as gamers did wrong to cause this to happen . Its totally on R*

All we can do is to continue to get the word out and hope for a responce from R* other than delete your 100+hour save 

• UltraGizmo64 and (OO)SKYLINE(OO) like this

PyramidHead88
  • PyramidHead88

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:54 PM

FFS! I have two tickets open with them. I'll see where that goes. (Nowhere I bet.)

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEAST

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 December 2013 - 01:24 PM

Well another responce and the guy totally ignored everything i said then had the f*ckin balls to ask me if i had any more questions . I was like dude did you even read my reply 

• Hello,

Thank you for contacting Support.

You don't have to take our troubleshooting steps if you don't wish, we were simply trying to help.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.

Best regards,

Chad S.

Im not sure why R* support even exists . I get more info and help from you guys on the forums . I cant recall a single time they have actually helped me with anything . 

Bottom line is they just made a billion dollars and could give 2 sh*ts about the fans .Atleast we have seen their true colors .I always thought R* was different than the rest . Boy did they prove me wrong . 

PyramidHead88
  • PyramidHead88

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 04:25 PM

They are so inconsistent.

http://support.rocks...on-GTA-V?page=4

If you go to that thread a user called Haze posted his reply from R*. It's from December 20th and they calim they are working toward a fix.  He mentions it could be BS but I hope they aren't lying to him. What confuses me is they'll post a response like this, then another telling you to clear the cache and another telling you to delete your saves. I wonder if Skyline is having any luck.

(OO)SKYLINE(OO)
  • (OO)SKYLINE(OO)

BOSS

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:50 AM

Well another responce and the guy totally ignored everything i said then had the f*ckin balls to ask me if i had any more questions . I was like dude did you even read my reply 

• Hello,

You don't have to take our troubleshooting steps if you don't wish, we were simply trying to help.

Best regards,

Chad S.

LOL! Wut?!

Well if R* advice would have worked, we would take it... :angry:

Clearly there has / needs to be a fix in the next Ver. Update... When ever that comes out.

They are so inconsistent.

http://support.rocks...on-GTA-V?page=4

If you go to that thread a user called Haze posted his reply from R*. It's from December 20th and they calim they are working toward a fix.  He mentions it could be BS but I hope they aren't lying to him. What confuses me is they'll post a response like this, then another telling you to clear the cache and another telling you to delete your saves. I wonder if Skyline is having any luck.

Nothing yet bro!

I got a reply again but it was just that generic trouble shoot step by step process...

PyramidHead88
  • PyramidHead88

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:11 PM

That again? They're just wasting time.

(OO)SKYLINE(OO)
  • (OO)SKYLINE(OO)

BOSS

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:57 AM

That again? They're just wasting time.

Yeah, just another random tech support guy giving me that email...

Hopefully Next patch... Hopefully they will address the issue.

PyramidHead88
  • PyramidHead88

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:39 PM

I'm guessing the next patch will be when they implement online heists, that should be sometime in January. Fingers crossed!

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEAST

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:31 AM Edited by stangone50, 01 January 2014 - 01:32 AM.

Well this is the latest and my responce sorry nothing new . 

• Chad S. Today at 19:35

Hello,

You are wanting to know how would you know it wouldn't happen if you started a new save? There is no way to know that without starting one. We can only speculate, this is an issue that had been addressed before and shouldn't happen on new saves. With any software though I can't make any promises.

Best regards,

Chad S.

Stangone50 Today at 20:29

• Maybe you need to address it again because it is happening on new saves . Do you guys even read this ??? 
    http://support.rocks...roblem-on-GTA-V

PyramidHead88
  • PyramidHead88

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:08 PM

You think they'd know what people were discusiing on their own support site!

PyramidHead88
  • PyramidHead88

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:56 PM

Someone on the support site said they got a response and R* said they're trying to fix it. Might be more complicated than we thought...

(OO)SKYLINE(OO)
  • (OO)SKYLINE(OO)

BOSS

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:19 AM

Someone on the support site said they got a response and R* said they're trying to fix it. Might be more complicated than we thought...

At least it's progress!

I got an email to ask if I was satisfied with the, "Generic Troubleshoot, Step By Step Response" R* gave me... As of now I am unsatisfied until the issue is fixed.

My Ticket says it has been solved but my reply states, it has NOT been solved.

You had any luck calling them?

PedoneRosso
  • PedoneRosso

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:00 PM Edited by PedoneRosso, 08 January 2014 - 09:08 PM.

Hi.

I'm having this problem myself, too.

And I would like to clarify that it's NOT limited to acceding to internet via cell phone: any internet connecting terminal in the game causes the SAME problems when used (namely: it goes off after visualizing the homepage for a fraction of a second and you cannot switch characters anymore after this happen).

Another additional info I can contribute with is related to some of the threads in the tec-support which are linked above: there they say they started having the problem after an update of GTA 5 (in october, if I remember correctly):

I had NO update whatsoever, and indeed I never connected my xbox to the net at all.

I also would like to know if there's any way to update the game once (if?) this HUGE problem gets a fix for those players who, like me, cannot connect their console to the net.

PyramidHead88
  • PyramidHead88

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:58 PM

At least it's progress!

I got an email to ask if I was satisfied with the, "Generic Troubleshoot, Step By Step Response" R* gave me... As of now I am unsatisfied until the issue is fixed.

My Ticket says it has been solved but my reply states, it has NOT been solved.

You had any luck calling them?

Getting through is a nightmare, probably because it was the holidays. I'll try (For a thrid time!) if the next patch doesn't fix it. I'm expecting it this month. Nice of them to close your ticket!

Hi.

I'm having this problem myself, too.

And I would like to clarify that it's NOT limited to acceding to internet via cell phone: any internet connecting terminal in the game causes the SAME problems when used (namely: it goes off after visualizing the homepage for a fraction of a second and you cannot switch characters anymore after this happen).

Another additional info I can contribute with is related to some of the threads in the tec-support which are linked above: there they say they started having the problem after an update of GTA 5 (in october, if I remember correctly):

I had NO update whatsoever, and indeed I never connected my xbox to the net at all.

I also would like to know if there's any way to update the game once (if?) this HUGE problem gets a fix for those players who, like me, cannot connect the console to their net.

I know you can download console firmware updates on to your computer and install them via USB. Maybe look into the same for patches?

RoyalShade
  • RoyalShade

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:07 AM

This is quite a easy BUG to fix,
all you have to do is create a new save of the game and then go to at least the mission where you have to go get your boat back and save your son.

Then after doing that head on to public online session and then go back to singleplayer and load the save that had the problem and try,

if this does not work feel free to contact me and ask.

PedoneRosso
  • PedoneRosso

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:31 PM

This is quite a easy BUG to fix,
all you have to do is create a new save of the game and then go to at least the mission where you have to go get your boat back and save your son.

Then after doing that head on to public online session and then go back to singleplayer and load the save that had the problem and try,

if this does not work feel free to contact me and ask.

I cannot go online with my xbox.

Any other suggestion?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users