Quantcast

» «
Photo

Cell phone internet glitch after the "Minor turbulence" missio

Best Answer sixstrings, 04 March 2014 - 03:43 PM

HOLY sh*t!!! IT'S FIXED!!!!!! MY GAME WORKS!

Really????  All I have to do is download the new patch and I am good to go?  I never did SAVE the game with the glitch - I have a couple saves prior that the phone works fine with...Am I going to be OK???

Thanks again.

Go to the full post

180 replies to this topic
(OO)SKYLINE(OO)
  • (OO)SKYLINE(OO)

BOSS

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:10 AM

Well my ticket was elevated to tier 2 today and they assured me they were working on the issue. Any of you guys have any luck?

How did it get elevated?

Did they notify you?

I sent 2 tickets but not sure what tier they are...

PyramidHead88
  • PyramidHead88

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:38 PM

Well my ticket was elevated to tier 2 today and they assured me they were working on the issue. Any of you guys have any luck?

How did it get elevated?

Did they notify you?

Log into the support site and click on 'My activities'. There you will be able to find your tickets, if you view the ticket you can see what support tier it is at. But only if R* have responded. If they haven't responded leave them another ticket.

The funny thing is though my ticket has gone back down to tier 1. I've questioned them about this.

• (OO)SKYLINE(OO) likes this

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:43 PM

Hey guys had no idea about this glitch till it happened to me today . I didnt notice it till after I hit 100% and after the 1.07 patch 

I see alot of people saying to reload earlier saves but what is the cause to stop it from happening again ?

I was about 2 days away from a True 100% when this sh*t happened . Im talkin 500 hours of gameplay. 

This is a Major issue and I am shocked R* claimed to have fixed it and now more and more of us are running into the same issue .

I mean are we supposed to continue on out present save and hope they patch it OR go back to an earlier save and risk it happening again and losing tons and tons of hours . I really hope this is not another play at getting us to play the game longer . 

I have always been a R* fan . GTA is about the only games I ever play and I have never been more dissapointed . 

HonestOG556
  • HonestOG556

Crackpot

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 12:19 AM Edited by HonestOG556, 15 December 2013 - 12:20 AM.

Hey guys had no idea about this glitch till it happened to me today . I didnt notice it till after I hit 100% and after the 1.07 patch 

I see alot of people saying to reload earlier saves but what is the cause to stop it from happening again ?

I was about 2 days away from a True 100% when this sh*t happened . Im talkin 500 hours of gameplay. 

This is a Major issue and I am shocked R* claimed to have fixed it and now more and more of us are running into the same issue .

I mean are we supposed to continue on out present save and hope they patch it OR go back to an earlier save and risk it happening again and losing tons and tons of hours . I really hope this is not another play at getting us to play the game longer . 

I have always been a R* fan . GTA is about the only games I ever play and I have never been more dissapointed . 

State of the art knowledge about this bug:

• It's the EyeFind webpage which corrupts the game's interface as well as cell phone functionality. As soon as it is displayed, your web browser will crash and the ingame interface will be corrupted. It doesn't matter whether you use the cell phone or the laptop to access the internet.

• It is triggered by completing ingame missions. We don't know yet if this bug can be triggered by all or only by a couple of specific missions. However since for the OP as well as for me the mission "Minor Turbulences" triggers the problem, it looks like there seems to be a couple of specific missions which can trigger this bug. Might be just a coincidence though.

• The bug can be circumvented by opening the web browser via the links contained in emails received on your ingame cell phone and manually typing in the url of interest. However opening the EyeFind page will crash the web browser and your ingame interface.

I suggest you to check if you can verify this bug and then to join us and open a ticket at the Rockstar Support. This is the best way we can bring this problem to the attention of the patch development team.

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:02 AM Edited by stangone50, 15 December 2013 - 02:15 AM.

Well I definately have this bug on 2 seperate files and I have contacted support 

i cant believe with all the people having this problem it wasnt fixed in patch 1.07 

Again this happened to me wayyy after minor turbulance , i was practically at a true 100% when it happened . 

This is something that needs to be seriously addressed by R*. A thread should be made in the main page . They cant simply tell hundreds possibly thousands of people to start their games over and hope it dont happen again . Or tell people who already have bugged saves to just delete them . Thats insane .And I had no idea this has been goin on for a couple of months .  I will lead a Boycott if they dont fix this . WE MUST BE HEARD !!!

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:48 AM Edited by Cutter De Blanc, 15 December 2013 - 02:50 AM.

I'm sure this might be more helpful to tech support, but one can recreate this exact glitch by attempting do the Hotknife/Khamelion Purchase exploit in Single Player. As soon as you try and buy a car from one of the "hidden" Legendarymotorsport pages (specifically the purchasecar page) , this happens. 

It must be related somehow.  

PyramidHead88
  • PyramidHead88

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 12:21 PM

I'm sure this might be more helpful to tech support, but one can recreate this exact glitch by attempting do the Hotknife/Khamelion Purchase exploit in Single Player. As soon as you try and buy a car from one of the "hidden" Legendarymotorsport pages (specifically the purchasecar page) , this happens. 

It must be related somehow.  

Interesting. Have you told R* about this?

Well I definately have this bug on 2 seperate files and I have contacted support 

i cant believe with all the people having this problem it wasnt fixed in patch 1.07 

Again this happened to me wayyy after minor turbulance , i was practically at a true 100% when it happened . 

This is something that needs to be seriously addressed by R*. A thread should be made in the main page . They cant simply tell hundreds possibly thousands of people to start their games over and hope it dont happen again . Or tell people who already have bugged saves to just delete them . Thats insane .And I had no idea this has been goin on for a couple of months .  I will lead a Boycott if they dont fix this . WE MUST BE HEARD !!!

Have you posted a ticket? There's also a thread you guys can post in here:

http://support.rocks...roblem-on-GTA-V

(OO)SKYLINE(OO)
  • (OO)SKYLINE(OO)

BOSS

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:44 AM

How did it get elevated?

Did they notify you?

Log into the support site and click on 'My activities'. There you will be able to find your tickets, if you view the ticket you can see what support tier it is at. But only if R* have responded. If they haven't responded leave them another ticket.

The funny thing is though my ticket has gone back down to tier 1. I've questioned them about this.

Ah ok, cool thanks man!

Will take another look.

State of the art knowledge about this bug:

• It's the EyeFind webpage which corrupts the game's interface as well as cell phone functionality. As soon as it is displayed, your web browser will crash and the ingame interface will be corrupted. It doesn't matter whether you use the cell phone or the laptop to access the internet.

• It is triggered by completing ingame missions. We don't know yet if this bug can be triggered by all or only by a couple of specific missions. However since for the OP as well as for me the mission "Minor Turbulences" triggers the problem, it looks like there seems to be a couple of specific missions which can trigger this bug. Might be just a coincidence though.

• The bug can be circumvented by opening the web browser via the links contained in emails received on your ingame cell phone and manually typing in the url of interest. However opening the EyeFind page will crash the web browser and your ingame interface.

I suggest you to check if you can verify this bug and then to join us and open a ticket at the Rockstar Support. This is the best way we can bring this problem to the attention of the patch development team.

Seems to be the only way for now!

You got a solution about this when playing Online?

Lucky I bought all the 10 cars I wanted via the internet before the bug.

Would calling the Mechanic allow you to buy cars?

Thanks for that!

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:54 PM

So my Boycott thread didnt work out too well haha

I spent the whole day researching this crap yesterday . 

From what i have read there are 3 points in the game where this can happen . 

Minor turbulance , meltdown and trevors rampage . 

Now i cant find anyway to work around the first 2 as they are main missions and must be completed ,. I have no idea what triggers the bug during those 2 missions . 

On my file i have pinpointed the bug to trevors rampage . 

After i completed the story and reached 100% i still had to max trevore special stat . So i went to do the rampages after i had already completed everything . 

After the 4th or 5th time doing the rampage the bug happened . 

I loaded an earlier save without the bug and I was able to find another way to raise trevors special and was able to bypass the bug for now . 

Wish i could help with the missions but for now all i know is DO NOT do trevors rampages after you have already completed them . 

HonestOG556
  • HonestOG556

Crackpot

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:35 PM Edited by HonestOG556, 16 December 2013 - 05:36 PM.

Thanks for that!

Hmm, I actually bought GTA V for the offline experience. But I heard that you can fix the cell phone bug online by loading old savegames (in which the bug does not appear) and then switching to the online mode.

Now i cant find anyway to work around the first 2 as they are main missions and must be completed ,. I have no idea what triggers the bug during those 2 missions . 

Nice job. I pretty much suggest everyone with the same bug to do the same. Actually out of curiosity, did you started playing GTA V as it was already patched to one of the higher versions?

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:31 PM

Started playing Day 1 and downloaded every patch as they came I use all my save slots though all 15 . . I dont know if this is due to a glitch but i did read somewhere that glitches can happen during patch updates 

PyramidHead88
  • PyramidHead88

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:45 PM

So my Boycott thread didnt work out too well haha

I spent the whole day researching this crap yesterday . 

After i completed the story and reached 100% i still had to max trevore special stat . So i went to do the rampages after i had already completed everything . 

After the 4th or 5th time doing the rampage the bug happened . 

I loaded an earlier save without the bug and I was able to find another way to raise trevors special and was able to bypass the bug for now . 

Wish i could help with the missions but for now all i know is DO NOT do trevors rampages after you have already completed them . 

I got the glitch after completing 'Reuniting the Family'. Every time I do that mission it's there.  I've tired seeing if there are any other ways I can cause the bug and strangley enough, replaying Rampages isn't one of them.

(OO)SKYLINE(OO)
  • (OO)SKYLINE(OO)

BOSS

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:56 PM

Thanks for that!

Hmm, I actually bought GTA V for the offline experience. But I heard that you can fix the cell phone bug online by loading old savegames (in which the bug does not appear) and then switching to the online mode.

Yeah, read something like that.

Unfortunately I think my save games have the bug too...

I tried saving a game in a different save slot... Still buggy...

Seems we will have to wait for R* to come up with a Patch Fix.

Funny thing is... When I replay the Main Missions, I can access the internet via cell phone...

But that creates an isolation point / restore point to the last time you saved...

HonestOG556
  • HonestOG556

Crackpot

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:27 AM

Have you tried starting a new game instead of loading old savegames? I think I did read that this should work.

(OO)SKYLINE(OO)
  • (OO)SKYLINE(OO)

BOSS

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:30 AM

Have you tried starting a new game instead of loading old savegames? I think I did read that this should work.

Hmm... Not yet...

But in starting a new game means = 0% complete in Story Mode?

Will a new game effect my Online Progress..?

Thanks!

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:27 PM

Why is it so hard for them to fix this horrible glitch? I've been waiting weeks to be able to buy cars again, but the hopeless idiots still haven't fixed it yet.

HonestOG556
  • HonestOG556

Crackpot

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:55 PM

Hmm... Not yet...

Thanks!

No idea. Just start a new game, save it, and then switch to online mode.

PyramidHead88
  • PyramidHead88

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:01 PM

This is juat stupid now.

(OO)SKYLINE(OO)
  • (OO)SKYLINE(OO)

BOSS

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:20 AM

Hmm... Not yet...

Thanks!

Yeah, I might just have to give it a go.

Thanks for that man!

:)

Why is it so hard for them to fix this horrible glitch? I've been waiting weeks to be able to buy cars again, but the hopeless idiots still haven't fixed it yet.

This is juat stupid now.

R* have replied to my Ticket.

I am just in the process of getting video footage to send to them it issue.

Will keep you all posted.

• Lock N' Stock likes this

PyramidHead88
  • PyramidHead88

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:36 PM

Hmm... Not yet...

Thanks!

Thanks for that man!

This is juat stupid now.

Nice one. I'm still going to phone them on Saturday.

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:09 PM

Hmm... Not yet...

Thanks!

Thanks for that man!

This is juat stupid now.

How do you phone them ? I did not know they had a support? number ?

PyramidHead88
  • PyramidHead88

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:54 PM

http://support.rocks...rt-Contact-Info

There you go.

(OO)SKYLINE(OO)
  • (OO)SKYLINE(OO)

BOSS

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:59 PM Edited by (OO)SKYLINE(OO), 20 December 2013 - 12:20 AM.

Hmm... Not yet...

Thanks!

Thanks for that man!

This is juat stupid now.

Ok so here is one response I got from R* Support:

1.) Clearing the Game Data Utility:
a. In the XMB home menu, go to (Game) > [Game Data Utility].
Important: Make sure you select [Game Data Utility]. Do NOT select [Saved Data Utility], as this will delete all of your saved games files.
b. Highlight the game data utility file (i.e., name of a particular game you have been playing) you wish to delete.
c. Press the button and select [Delete].
d. Highlight "Yes" and press the button to confirm the deletion.
e. A message indicating the file is being deleted will appear.
f. A "Delete completed." message will appear once the file has been successfully deleted.
g. Once all of the files have been deleted, go back to the XMB home menu.
h. Reboot the game. You should be prompted to reinstall.

I have read about this before and some say it does not work either...

PyramidHead88
  • PyramidHead88

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:08 AM

That doesn't work. That's just a bulls*** automated response! You say that's one response, may I ask what the others said?

(OO)SKYLINE(OO)
  • (OO)SKYLINE(OO)

BOSS

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:25 AM

That doesn't work. That's just a bulls*** automated response! You say that's one response, may I ask what the others said?

+1

The other response was a Title Update (Ver. 1.08) was released last night...

http://support.rocks...date-1-08-Notes

They sent me a link and said if the problem persists, I have to contact them again.

In which I have as I replied back to that email.

I believe they now have a lot of evidence that this issue is still persisting and I highly believe they will fix it in the near future.

(OO)SKYLINE(OO)
  • (OO)SKYLINE(OO)

BOSS

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:35 AM

I guess we just got to wait it out, give them time to figure out exactly what is wrong, rather then just give use a generic response.

HonestOG556
  • HonestOG556

Crackpot

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:25 AM Edited by HonestOG556, 20 December 2013 - 09:26 AM.

One interesting thing I noticed is that in save games which trigger the bug my cell phone automatically disappears after talking with a person for more than ~2 seconds. The call is not interrupted, just the cell phone on the bottom right moves out of screen as if the call already ended, or I cancelled it. I started a savegame with a new game by yesterday and got a call by Simeon (as Franklin). Interestingly my smart phoned never disappeared during the duration of the call. Can anyone test and confirm this?

PyramidHead88
  • PyramidHead88

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:24 PM Edited by PyramidHead88, 21 December 2013 - 05:10 PM.

I've tested this on all my save files (Including one currently infected by the glitch) and the phone remained on the screen the entire time. An unrelated issue? Is anyone else able to look at this?

On another note I tried to phone R* and after an hour and a half of not being able to get through I gave up. I'll try again tomorrow.

PyramidHead88
  • PyramidHead88

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:11 PM

+1

They sent me a link and said if the problem persists, I have to contact them again.

I believe they now have a lot of evidence that this issue is still persisting and I highly believe they will fix it in the near future.

Tell us what they say when they get back to you.

(OO)SKYLINE(OO)
  • (OO)SKYLINE(OO)

BOSS

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:19 AM

+1

Tell us what they say when they get back to you.

Yeah sure man, will do!

I have told them to keep in touch and any Updates / News will be great!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users