Quantcast

» «
Photo

Cell phone internet glitch after the "Minor turbulence" missio

Best Answer sixstrings, 04 March 2014 - 03:43 PM

HOLY sh*t!!! IT'S FIXED!!!!!! MY GAME WORKS!

Really????  All I have to do is download the new patch and I am good to go?  I never did SAVE the game with the glitch - I have a couple saves prior that the phone works fine with...Am I going to be OK???

Thanks again.

Go to the full post

179 replies to this topic
Jericho freeman
  • Jericho freeman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:04 PM

I've encountered a serious glitch in the game. When I try to access the internet, it kicks me out of the cell phone menu, makes the interface (minimap, health bar, etc.) disappear and I can no longer use the SWITCH function. Reloading the game fixes things until I try to use the internet again, and then it glitches again.

I've managed to pinpoint exactly when the game starts to glitch in my case, it happens right after the "minor turbulence" mission. I can access the internet just fine at any point before or during the mission, however soon as I finish it, it starts to glitch. In one instance I've finished the mission with the internet page open, waited for the "mission complete" screen to disappear, closed the internet and the next time I tried to open it, it still glithed.

I've also found out that the glitch only happens when trying to access the home page. Accessing the internet via an alternative route, such as the Ammu-Nation update emails works just fine and allows you to browse any page provided you know the address. However soon as you try to click the homepage it locks you out all the same.

That leads me to believe that the glitch is caused by a news update of the homepage related to the aforementioned mission.

I've tried many things to fix this. Reloading an older save and re-doing the mission, reloading an older save and making another save, failing a checkpoint, not failing a checkpoint, accessing the net during the mission, not accessing the net during the mission, clearing the Xbox cache, re-installing the GTA V install disc, moving the save file on a different storage device, playing on a different console and nothing has worked.

The issue must be either with the game or with my disc. I've bought the collector's edition of the game at my local game retailer and my disc has no visible damage on it so it can only be a factory screw up. But I’m fairly certain it's a glitch in the game.

I would like to know if there are any fixes or workarounds that don't involve re-starting from scratch. Thank you in advance A.K.

• HeadHunta69 and PedoneRosso like this

Jericho freeman
  • Jericho freeman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:40 PM

Just bumping the post. Is there anybody that knows anything about fixing this?

loozerid
  • loozerid

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:41 PM

same issue here

Tykjen
  • Tykjen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:46 AM

Same issue here as well. It started to glitch in my Epsilon mission chain, and still is glitched now that I am finished with main story. Loading older save games doesnt help so Im gonna try and start a new game. save it. then re-load the old save.

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:47 AM

Same thing for me and all my money is in stocks.

Tykjen
  • Tykjen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:05 AM

ooh damn. 

BL4CK HAWK 8
  • BL4CK HAWK 8

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:32 AM Edited by BL4CK HAWK 8, 27 September 2013 - 10:34 AM.

same here, i have no way around it and this has basically corrupted my save file. i was at 90% completion as well. it happened to me after crashing and dying in the submarine that collects the nuclear waste.

i had previously completed rampage three and it happened after that.

i hope they release a fix as i cba to get all golds and stuff again

BL4CK HAWK 8
  • BL4CK HAWK 8

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:38 AM

more info here: http://support.rocks...-phone-in-GTA-V

Jericho freeman
  • Jericho freeman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:57 AM

You can still get your money out and even use the internet to invest again if you need to. Use one of the Ammu-nation emails to access the net and then manually type the adress of the website. All the pages work fine, it's just the home page that causes the glitch.

Jericho freeman
  • Jericho freeman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:01 AM

Same issue here as well. It started to glitch in my Epsilon mission chain, and still is glitched now that I am finished with main story. Loading older save games doesnt help so Im gonna try and start a new game. save it. then re-load the old save.

That'd be really good. Let everyone here know how it goes okay? Oh and just a tip, don't save over a file. Always make a new save and delete the old ones to make space when you run out.

Jericho freeman
  • Jericho freeman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:03 AM

That post is useless. Most ppl who get the glitch never even used the internet when on replay. But I suppose the more info the better.

Tykjen
  • Tykjen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:45 PM Edited by Tykjen, 27 September 2013 - 06:46 PM.

You can still get your money out and even use the internet to invest again if you need to. Use one of the Ammu-nation emails to access the net and then manually type the adress of the website. All the pages work fine, it's just the home page that causes the glitch.

Awesome! Thanks a bunch. I didnt even bother to try that..thats how depressing it was.

Jericho freeman
  • Jericho freeman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:01 PM

Awesome! Thanks a bunch. I didnt even bother to try that..thats how depressing it was.

Yeah for sure, I feel you. That glitch really killed it for me as well.

Djinn004
  • Djinn004

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:29 AM

Yeah for sure, I feel you. That glitch really killed it for me as well.

You’r telling me, i had just figured out who to play the stock market, then this started happening, I was starting to lose hope. And considering how game breaking it is, barely anyone on the forums was saying much about this.

Jericho freeman
  • Jericho freeman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:56 AM

Yeah I know, I couldn't find any info on this glitch either. Anyway, got a pesponse from RS support team. Here's what they said I should try:

Hello Jericho.Freeman,

Thank you for contacting Rockstar Support.

We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with GTA V on Xbox 360. Below you will find some Console Troubleshooting steps which may help resolve the issue.

__Before troubleshooting, please check the following:__

+ a. Turn the console off and on.
+ b. Unplug all power cords and accessories, and then plug them back in firmly. Make sure all connections are secure.
+ c. Update your console software.

__1.) Clearing System Cache:__
To clear the Xbox 360 cache select Settings==>System==> Storage ==> then highlight the HDD, press Y for Device Options… and then simply select “Clear System Cache”. Select Yes when prompted to perform Hard Drive Maintenance.
* = Deleting the cache will remove temporary game files and updates. Saved games, profiles, DLC etc will NOT be removed.

**Please note, if the game freezes during installation, please check the following article:
http://support.rocks...V-installation-

__2.) Clear the Game Cache.__
Clearing the Game Cache on the Xbox 360 is a separate function from clearing the System Cache. In order to do so, you must hold the LEFT Bumper, RIGHT Bumper, and the X button all at the same time on the Xbox 360 controller as a game is launching. Once you reach the Main Menu or Title Screen of the game, you can let go of the buttons. There will be no notification to you that this process has completed because it is all done passively.
Clearing the Game Cache resolves many problems in games that rely heavily on the Xbox 360's cached memory. Some of these problems include, but are not limited to NPC issues, random textures, and "hitching", "lagging", or "slow gameplay".

__3.) Disconnect your Xbox from the internet.__
We have gotten reports that some players have been able to resolve their issues by disconnecting their console from the internet. It is possible that some freezes are related to some recent server outages that should be resolved shortly. If issues persist, disabling all internet connections on your console should prevent the game from attempting to access the servers. Obviously this is not ideal, but testing this should work at least for troubleshooting purposes, and should be resolved quickly.

__4.) Clear save files.__
Some crashes can be related to corrupted save data, especially crashes at a specific spot, or crashes on launch. The next step would be to isolate the save files, and see if launching without them remedies the issue. There are several ways of doing this:

+ a. Deleting all files in the Games and Apps folder related to GTA V. Select Settings==>System==> Storage ==> then highlight the HDD, press A, then select Games and Apps==>Grand Theft Auto V. Delete all files in this directory. Note: This method will result in permanent loss of data. If the game crashed the first time it launched, no valuable information is stored in here, so they may be deleted freely. If you already played the game for many hours, you may want to consider trying another method.
+ b. Backing up all files in the save directory to an external device before deleting all files as described above.
+ c. Possibly the simplest method, and one that also might isolate other potential issues would be to test the game from a brand new Xbox Live Gamertag. The save files for 360 games are tied to a specific user. Launching from a new user should cause the game to pull from a brand new pool of files.

__5.) Install the game to a new section of the Hard Drive.__
Another possible troubleshooting step would be to attempt to install the game to a new section of the hard drive. Typically, when installing, and reinstalling games, the system will attempt to reinstall over the same block of space on the HDD. While there is no function to manually force the game to install on a different block of space, there is one possible workaround that might force the game to install on a new section.

Basically, what we are going to do is uninstall the game, clear the cache, and then install some unrelated data to the Hard Drive, which should get installed to the block of space where GTA V was previously installing.

Please try the following:

+ a. Uninstall the game from the Games and Apps folder. Delete everything related to GTA V that is not a save file.
+ b. Clear the system cache, as was described above.
+ c. Install about 7-8GB of unrelated content. If you have Xbox Live Gold, the simplest thing here would be to download a bunch of demos from Xbox Live. The content is unimportant, you never even have to play the demos, the point here is to just eat up some hard drive space, and when you reinstall GTA V, force the console to install the game to a section that was not previously used. If you do not have a Gold account, installing 10-12 music CDs should use up enough space, although more might be needed. The idea here is to try to use up approximately the same amount of space as GTA V's install, which is about 8.5GB.
+ d. Reinstall GTA V, and see if conditions improve.

__6.) Test the game on a second console.__

This last step is potentially the trickiest step, depending on alternate hardware availability, but probably the most important step for determining the cause of major issues on any console. That step would be to test the disc on a separate console. If you have a friend or family member with an Xbox 360, we strongly recommend installing the game on their console, and see if issues persist.

__7.) Test the game when installed on a second hard drive.__
Because GTA V is so reliant on install data, and utilizes the hard drive so heavily, it may also be worth attempting to install on a different drive, and see if that helps. If you were previously installing on internal storage, installing to a freshly formatted 16GB Flash drive may help improve performance. More information on installation can be found at the following:

http://support.rocks...on-Requirements

If you continue to have issues, please let us know the following:

+ The model of your Xbox 360
+ The size of your hard drive, How large is it, and is the game installed to an internal HDD or Flash Drive?
+ How much free space is available on your HDD after installation.
+ The contents of any error code, if applicable. If possible, please submit a screen shot of any error messages, or give the precise wording of the error.

Please also provide us with a detailed summary of which of the above steps you were able to try, and details on what effects they had. Additionally, if you were able to try it in another console and the same issue occurred, please provide the model/HD size, etc. of the second system you tested the game on.

Once we receive this information, we will continue to investigate.

I've tried all of those except for deleting my files and starting over and nothing worked. But hey, maybe someone else will have better luck.

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:04 PM

Thank god, I thought I was the only one with this problem.

Now I can type in the address to buy cars. Thanks a million!!! Cheering now.

BloodRed87
  • BloodRed87

Loser

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:43 AM

This glitch has been happening to me as well. Gotta try the "Ammunation E-mail" trick next time I fire the game up.

How the f*ck did R* overlook a major glitch like this? Seriously.

GodFatherMob
  • GodFatherMob

legendary

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:27 PM

Never happens to me I completed the game 5 times no glitch found do you have video prove or this didn't happen ?

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:29 PM

Never happens to me I completed the game 5 times no glitch found do you have video prove or this didn't happen ?

what?

poseyg86
  • poseyg86

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:15 PM

Let me try and translate.
GodFatherMob: "I have never encountered this glitch.I have even beaten the game 5 times and have never run into the same problem you are having.Do you have any screen captures to prove its existence? If you don't, then I have a hard time believing that its true." Or something like that.
  • EyeMacHunt and Teelo like this

thelegendaryowl
  • thelegendaryowl

Bishop

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:42 PM

this still has yet to be rectified. it even carries over to multiplayer unless you reload an old save before entering online.

BloodRed87
  • BloodRed87

Loser

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:20 AM

Still getting this glitch after the patch. Still annoying as sh*t too.

maclarke
  • maclarke

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:10 AM

I signed up to this site because of this problem and Rockstar's support site seems to be useless right now to the problems I'm having within the game. Even after the latest patch which is 1.03, I have this same problem. Has anyone found a solution? Not to mention, I can't even replay missions either, has anyone else encountered this same problem too? It just keeps redirecting me to the alert message when I say yes to creating a restore point and when I say no, it freezes the entrie game, giving me no functionality at all. I am running GTA V on PS3.

Djinn004
  • Djinn004

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:17 AM

I signed up to this site because of this problem and Rockstar's support site seems to be useless right now to the problems I'm having within the game. Even after the latest patch which is 1.03, I have this same problem. Has anyone found a solution? Not to mention, I can't even replay missions either, has anyone else encountered this same problem too? It just keeps redirecting me to the alert message when I say yes to creating a restore point and when I say no, it freezes the entrie game, giving me no functionality at all. I am running GTA V on PS3.

Same for me. It’s been weeks now…getting really irritated.

DugFreez
  • DugFreez

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:28 PM Edited by DugFreez, 10 October 2013 - 01:36 PM.

Hasn't everyone read? It was resolved on October 1st with the 1.01 patch! All is well and Rockstar wants you to go about your business thinking this is an isolated issue with only YOU having the problem.

The truth is this issue is effecting more and more users every day. It seem to usually effect people with more complete game saves. 85%+ in all cases that I have seen except for one.

I, myself have all of my game saves without the glitch, but if I complete the mission "Meltdown" , "A Starlete in Vinewood" or any of Trevor's Rampage missions the glitch will be there as soon as I access the internet. So I CAN NOT progress farther in the story without getting the glitch.

I can reproduce this bug 100% of the time from a good game save.

As I said Rockstar is ignoring this issue and hoping that saying it is resolved will shut everyone up about it. As I'm guessing the majority of players won't play the game to such a high completion and the bug also seems to effect different users at different time and also can be triggered by multiple things.

My suggetsion is to leave a support ticket request at the Rockstar support page.

I really hoping a video game website will do a story on all of the single player bugs (including this one) that Rockstar is ignoring in favor of getting their new income sorce GTA Online rolling instead.

On an added note: They claim it is fixed, yet I have not read one post of a person that has reported that it is fixed. I can understand that an update may not fix a save that is already effected, but not even one report from someone that did have the glitch and now says they do not...and as I said...more and more reporting as getting it new every day even though it was "fixed" on October 1st?!?

As for the workaround of using the e-mails with web links...that will work...until you get too many weekly income reports and they bump off all the amunation messages off your phone. Then it's NO internet. Also...if you are using that work around in single player...it still makes the internet in the online portion broke (no depositing money or ordering cars in your on-line game).

• Teelo and Djinn004 like this

Neuling2000
  • Neuling2000

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:05 AM

I have this problem too. The bug appeared the first time in the middle of the story, but I don't remember the exact mission because the bug was solved by reloading the save.

But now I have no solution for it. After "The Big Score" the bug appeared a second time and it doesn't disappear. Reloading and replaying doesn't help.

The other big problem of this glitch is, that I can't buy all properties because I wouldn't be able to go to the internet using the eMail. You can't delete this weekly spam mail which lists the income of the properties. So I haven't got a mail with a link to the internet in some days or weeks. I invest a lot of money in the stock market for this reason the internet is really important for me.

When I enter the page "eyefind.info" , then the internet closes immediately.

Is there another possibility to use the internet except the eMail?

It really sucks. :angry:

ASAPRocky
  • ASAPRocky

Lord Flacko

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:23 AM

I finished the game and I have this problem. It's super irritating...

maclarke
  • maclarke

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:36 AM

Is anyone else still getting the same problems? Still glitchs for me. Not sure if I should return the game or not.

CollyR
  • CollyR

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:04 PM

I'm having the same problem.

BloodRed87
  • BloodRed87

Loser

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:34 PM

I started another playthrough since I got no response from the support ticket I sent. I'll be playing through all the way to the end to see if this BS glitch happens again.

I'm about 45%-ish done and internet still works, I'll report back whatever happens.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users