Photo

Watchdogs vs GTA V

94 replies to this topic
ry12111
  • ry12111

Prankster

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:46 PM

As the title say's do you guy's expect much from Watch Dogs..do you expect it to stand up to GTA V & compete for title of best ever sandbox game? looks very different from GTA so far which might not be a bad thing

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:49 PM Edited by KillaDanny, 26 September 2013 - 03:49 PM.

Dunno considering watch dogs is a next-gen game graphics will probably be better but the game as a whole... can't really compare them...  I'm loving GTA V right now but from what I saw in the watch dogs videos the game is gonna be insane too

RichBlackGuy
  • RichBlackGuy

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:53 PM

i think more people will play it now due to the limits of gta 5...it wont sell as much as gta and after you beat the story the multiplayer isnt going to keep you coming back to WD...i think the hacking will be old in 2 weeks imo the demos they been showing kind of all look the same now

BabyDontHurtMe
  • BabyDontHurtMe

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:54 PM

It is the same like every other Ubisoft games. I don´t know why people are so excited for it (probably because it is "next gen" and the graphix").

Scorp84
  • Scorp84

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:58 PM

It all depends on what kind of activities you can do in free roam in Watchdogs, if there will be a lot of re-playability or not? Not only does GTA V have an incredible story but the things you can do afterwards will still keep you entertained and keep you playing for a very long time. 

ry12111
  • ry12111

Prankster

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:12 PM

yeah  i agree the demos all look the same now i remember when i saw the first demo i was blown away..now not so much

• petrov2 likes this

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

We're born with nothing and we die alone

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:12 PM

Watch Dogs and GTA V are completely different games with completely different mindsets..comparing the two because they are both open world with cars is stupid.

• 727gta likes this

N7 Colonel Dre
  • N7 Colonel Dre

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:17 PM

I actually had a lot of interest in Watch Dogs from the trailers they showed. 

But after watching the multiple gameplay videos, it didn't seem nearly as good as what the trailers showed us. 

So now the only next gen game I am looking forward to is Ubisoft's The Division.

Oh and Forza 5

Neox
  • Neox

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:20 PM

It's basicly assassins creed in the year 20** with real time world hacking.

johntheguy
  • johntheguy

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:21 PM

Ubisoft = Instant Fail

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:23 PM

WATCH_DOGS seems promising.

Except...

It's made by Ubisoft...

matsix
  • matsix

Hustler

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:23 PM

Okay first off, Watch dogs and gta v are not completely different games. I have no idea why people keep saying that. Watch dogs is basically a gta game

with hacking. Second, no one can make this decision yet unless they've played watch dogs also.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:24 PM

Okay first off, Watch dogs and gta v are not completely different games. I have no idea why people keep saying that. Watch dogs is basically a gta game

with hacking. Second, no one can make this decision yet unless they've played watch dogs also.

Nice contradiction. 

• GTAhole likes this

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:26 PM

It will never beat V as a sandbox game.

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:27 PM Edited by bish0p2004, 26 September 2013 - 04:28 PM.

I love AC series and WD looks to add a lot of similar things from it (people who complain about it being too similar should realize that RDR is just GTA with horses).

I'm still sceptical of a new series though.

However, the replayability of side missions/activities and A.I. will be the deciding factor for me because as great as WD looks, R* set the standard for sandbox games with SA. Unfortunately, with the exception of RDR, they haven't lived up to these standards either.

Vorpax
  • Vorpax

Hustler

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:28 PM Edited by Vorpax, 26 September 2013 - 04:33 PM.

They both would be equal to the amount of stuff to do in the game, thats just city feel of WD that i dislike! I like game in general, but city feels all gray and depressive, just like GTAIV was, so it kind of kills the immersion for me to be honest and i also personally think that absence of planes and helicopters would make this game also feel less epic, however i like driving in WD better (thats my opinion okay so clam down before you even start the arguments...) and in general city feels more packed and alive, police AI to me seems better as well and not as annoying as in GTAV and it seems its definitely more developed, than those of GTAV!...so i dunno...i'm indifferent as to which one will end up being better, need time to actually see how WD plays, its features, story etc...Basically three major problem that people have with GTAV in Watch Dogs are fixed! 1.Vehicle handling and damage (in my opinion), 2.Amount of peds on the streets and interaction, 3.Police AI in general and the way you obtain wanted level! These three are major problems, that GTAV has and that WD got absolutely right, so i expect those people, who dislike GTAV and to those, to whom it ruins the experience to pick Watch Dogs instead and i'm pretty much sure they won't be disappointed, but if you look for more...i'm not sure about this one though...i doubt there will be equal number of activities and side stuff in WD, very doubt...though will have to see...

dyz
  • dyz

GTA For Life!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:31 PM

Don't ever speak about watch dogs, Never compare it to GTA 5 because every thing on earth knows that it will never come close to GTA 5, In fact no game will (until the next GTA)

• RedChuCKz_ likes this

Edward-Is-A-Flunky45
  • Edward-Is-A-Flunky45

Frazy as Cruck

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:31 PM

i think more people will play it now due to the limits of gta 5...it wont sell as much as gta and after you beat the story the multiplayer isnt going to keep you coming back to WD...i think the hacking will be old in 2 weeks imo the demos they been showing kind of all look the same now

Ubi multiplayer games are horrible, specially the AC ones, I just play the story. But it's going to be another game that'll get boring as well. I think people will play GTA V more because of Online and there's more things on the table on the game than WD, it's just hacking nothing more than that.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:32 PM

Don't ever speak about watch dogs, Never compare it to GTA 5 because every thing on earth knows that it will never come close to GTA 5, In fact no game will (until the next GTA)

You are so right because the games are DIFFERENT to each other, with different play styles and objectives.

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:34 PM

Depend on if Watch Dogs has planes and helos for me, but nothing ill ever top the GTA franchise

matsix
  • matsix

Hustler

• Members

Nice contradiction. 

There is no contradiction there. From what they've shown, which is basically the whole game, it has all the elements of a gta game + hacking.

I'm saying you can't make a decision on which one will be better until you play watch dogs.

dyz
  • dyz

GTA For Life!!

• Members
  • None

Why would people trust Ubisoft? Wouldn't you rather trust R*, Nearly all of R* game are really well done. From Midnight club to Max payne to GTA, and then there is the repetitive ubisoft. 

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:36 PM

Nice contradiction. 

There is no contradiction there. From what they've shown, which is basically the whole game, it has all the elements of a gta game + hacking.

I'm saying you can't make a decision on which one will be better until you play watch dogs.

You just contradicted yourself again.

You're making a decision about the game, and then saying no one else can make a decision about the game because it's not out yet.

You saying it's like GTA is making a decision about it is it not? Not only that, but you're passing it off as if it's fact, when it's your opinion. 

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:37 PM

however i like driving in WD better (thats my opinion okay so clam down before you even start the arguments...)

How on earth can you tell that from a video?

ry12111
  • ry12111

Prankster

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:37 PM

i wish rockstar would do another manhunt game

dyz
  • dyz

GTA For Life!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:38 PM

You are so right because the games are DIFFERENT to each other, with different play styles and objectives.

Yeah but you can already tell GTA 5 is way better. People tend to like game because of the graphics. Just because watch_dogs looks good because it is on PS4 and xbox 1, It doesn't mean it is automatically better then GTA. From what i have seen the game looks good (graphic wise) but the gameplay just looks like the same old ubisoft just like how AC is. 

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:38 PM

Why would people trust Ubisoft? Wouldn't you rather trust R*, Nearly all of R* game are really well done. From Midnight club to Max payne to GTA, and then there is the repetitive ubisoft. 

I did lose my faith in R* after GTA IV. RDR reinvigorated my faith again, then GTA V brought it back down again...but not as much as IV did.

I still have a little hope that they will do a GTA VI that has just as much ambition as SA and RDR had.

growstreet5
  • growstreet5

#SWAG#YOLO

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:39 PM

COPS in Watchdogs are better.

They dont know where u are when you comitt a crime, they come first to the area where you kiled some

• Vorpax likes this

Jimmy Darmody
  • Jimmy Darmody

Don

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:40 PM Edited by Jimmy Darmody, 26 September 2013 - 04:40 PM.

watch dogs lost from the moment where a ps4 game is compared to a ps3 game...

Vorpax
  • Vorpax

Hustler

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:40 PM

however i like driving in WD better (thats my opinion okay so clam down before you even start the arguments...)

How on earth can you tell that from a video?

I just like the way camera becomes out of focus when on speed, feels kind of like in a real racing game, rather than city simulator! And not only that, steering seems more intuitive and responsive as well, at least from the look of things, i know i have to experience that myself to tell for sure, but judging from what it looks like driving seems overall better to me, than in GTAV...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users