» «
Photo

Random Events ugh..

23 replies to this topic
OGLuke
  • OGLuke

frickie van hardenburgs best buddy friend

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:43 PM Edited by mr. libs, 26 September 2013 - 03:44 PM.

Let's be perfectly honest

The Random Events in GTA V aren't at all Random most of them happen in the same place and only happen once.

so here's the big kick in the pants R*

Why the hell didn't you implement the RE system from Red Dead Redemption? The only thing that's truly randomized in GTA V are the cop car chases everything else remains stagnant like those idiots that keep getting their purses stolen WTF I'm not Spiderman! I'm nobodies savior I'm a goddamn criminally insane psychopath that wants to see some destruction so aside from the pointless encounters that you must forgo some of them were neat homages like No country for Old men was my favorite.

I wasn't going to say anything although it is a videogame R* could've made a better effort.

• DIEXEL and bish0p2004 like this

BabyDontHurtMe
  • BabyDontHurtMe

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:46 PM

Would the people here in this forum stop acting like a bitch, that would be great.

KLLRDG
  • KLLRDG

Poot

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:49 PM

Ignore them, then.

I do.

I drive by the same encounters hundreds of times, up until they become relevant.

Sometimes it's a case of the right character at the right time. I saw some Lost bikers stealing from a store, and seeing as Trevor hates the Lost, I ran them down, then made off with their loot.

Another case, Franklin driving around. Lady gets her purse stolen, and I'm in the right spot to block the robber with my car. Give the money back, since Franklin is sometimes a nice guy.

Just play them to your advantage. Instead of complaining, fix the so-called problems.

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:50 PM

Would the people here in this forum stop acting like a bitch, that would be great.

Me and you have two different point of views bro.

Revoemag
  • Revoemag

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:50 PM

Those are just like the intro to random events..many more to come but you have to explore the world to find them as they don't have icons on the map.

Rerxelend
  • Rerxelend

First Person Shooter Aficionado

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:52 PM

The Random Events in RDR were pathetic. 

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

• Members

Ignore them, then.

I do.

I drive by the same encounters hundreds of times, up until they become relevant.

Sometimes it's a case of the right character at the right time. I saw some Lost bikers stealing from a store, and seeing as Trevor hates the Lost, I ran them down, then made off with their loot.

Another case, Franklin driving around. Lady gets her purse stolen, and I'm in the right spot to block the robber with my car. Give the money back, since Franklin is sometimes a nice guy.

Just play them to your advantage. Instead of complaining, fix the so-called problems.

You saw Lost Bikers stealing from a store? I've only ran into the one scripted encounter where a clothing store is robbed and you have the choice of killing robbers or returning the money.

I hate purse snatchers but I hate having to fetch the same persons purse over and over again who is that loose with their sh*t?!

~OFWGKTA~
  • ~OFWGKTA~

Crackhead

• Members

Well if you want to be a "criminally insane psychopath" and dont want to be "spiderman" by returning sombodies purse, how about you do something like kill the guy who stole it, take the cash and then kill the chick who lost the money, do it in an "insane" way so it satisfies you or whatever. I don't know, USE YOUR IMAGINATION OR SOMETHING

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:53 PM

yeah but there was a bunch of them and they would happen almost everywhere on the map tis not the name in GTA V.

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:55 PM Edited by mr. libs, 26 September 2013 - 03:56 PM.

Well if you want to be a "criminally insane psychopath" and dont want to be "spiderman" by returning sombodies purse, how about you do something like kill the guy who stole it, take the cash and then kill the chick who lost the money, do it in an "insane" way so it satisfies you or whatever. I don't know, USE YOUR IMAGINATION OR SOMETHING

No what i'm saying is instead of wasting time with purse snatching RE why not put in gang wars and drive bys inb4imatroll.

I would love it if people on here posted more random events like the person that saw lost robbing a store that would be fantastic to see.

Rerxelend
  • Rerxelend

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:56 PM

yeah but there was a bunch of them and they would happen almost everywhere on the map tis not the name in GTA V.

Yeah that's true actually, in GTA V it's always that same f*cking spot downtown where the fat bitch gets her purse stolen.

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Playa

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:56 PM

Until I start hearing "Help!!  I'm Herbert Moon and I just got robbed!," the RE are a lot better than in RDR.  My only complaint is that I just drove from the Vinewood Hills to the desert to see if I can find a stunt plane and having a RE occur and I have to take the hitchhiker in her wedding dress back to Vinewood Hills, and then 3 blocks from her house, I get a wanted level and she jumps out of my car.  -_-

• ~OFWGKTA~ likes this

Snapabowl
  • Snapabowl

Errl User

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:57 PM Edited by Snapabowl, 26 September 2013 - 03:57 PM.

Have you been to the country side?  Quite a few random events there, even some in the mountains.  Hell even after beating the game there were a few random encounters i'd never seen like a car crash or women getting ready to be burried in the country side.  Really do some exploring, there were quite a lot of random encounters.

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:57 PM

Yeah that's true actually, in GTA V it's always that same f*cking spot downtown where the fat bitch gets her purse stolen.

Exactly same fat same bitch over and over again my god.

Rerxelend
  • Rerxelend

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:58 PM

Exactly same fat same bitch over and over again my god.

The only random events which are actually worth playing are like missions that you can only play once. It is bullsh*t.

• OGLuke likes this

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:59 PM

Have you been to the country side?  Quite a few random events there, even some in the mountains.  Hell even after beating the game there were a few random encounters i'd never seen like a car crash or women getting ready to be burried in the country side.  Really do some exploring, there were quite a lot of random encounters.

the buried alive encounter is pre-determined and occurs in the same place.

same as above with the hitchhikers.

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:01 PM

I love it when someone asks for help and I attack the robber and steal the money for myself.

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:03 PM Edited by mr. libs, 26 September 2013 - 04:05 PM.

I love it when someone asks for help and I attack the robber and steal the money for myself.

yeah that never gets old ...

also the bank trucks are a one time only opportunity after you hit every single one of them no more respawn which makes sense but I like having someone to rob and seeing as we can't rob banks or atms outside of the storyline it becomes pointless.

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:08 PM

Dont return the purse if you're not spider man. Its not like you have to return it. Keep the money, or just ignore them. 

I like how some random encounters reward you. I got a suit from poisonby's for returning a stolen car.

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:13 PM Edited by mr. libs, 26 September 2013 - 04:16 PM.

Dont return the purse if you're not spider man. Its not like you have to return it. Keep the money, or just ignore them. 

I like how some random encounters reward you. I got a suit from poisonby's for returning a stolen car.

LS ends up becoming like spider man 2 where the only encounters left are stopping purse snatchers I get sick of having to repeat the process of go here beat this guy up bring back the purse and if you keep the money the encounter never goes away so eventually you have to return the purse else fat bitches everywhere will never leave you alone.

If your cool with R* setup for the Random Events than don't post but if you have a legitimate complaint feel free to vent out your frustrations here.

Cheatz_N_Trickz
  • Cheatz_N_Trickz

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:18 PM

Not as well done as Red Dead. Guy keeps getting his bike robbed

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:24 PM

I wanna see the Lost MC robbing a store and gang shootouts not a guy getting his wallet stolen or woman loses her purse screw that boring crap

dyz
  • dyz

GTA For Life!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:28 PM

The Random Events in GTA V aren't at all Random most of them happen in the same place and only happen once.

Why the hell didn't you implement the RE system from Red Dead Redemption? The only thing that's truly randomized in GTA V are the cop car chases everything else remains stagnant like those idiots that keep getting their purses stolen WTF I'm not Spiderman! I'm nobodies savior I'm a goddamn criminally insane psychopath that wants to see some destruction so aside from the pointless encounters that you must forgo some of them were neat homages like No country for Old men was my favorite.

I wasn't going to say anything although it is a videogame R* could've made a better effort.

Umm... You do know when you catch the people who steal wallets you can keep the money and not return it. I think that is the whole point but R* made it that you have a choice if you want to bring it back. I think it's perfect, I have never played a game like it before, The only two games that have came close are GTA SA and RDR. 

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:11 PM

Umm... You do know when you catch the people who steal wallets you can keep the money and not return it. I think that is the whole point but R* made it that you have a choice if you want to bring it back. I think it's perfect, I have never played a game like it before, The only two games that have came close are GTA SA and RDR. 

Yeah but they keep annoying you till you return their money even then they may still come back wanting you to repeat the same task they're never satisfied lol.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users