Quantcast

» «
Photo

Buy Pisswasser now! Dump every dollar into it

4,331 replies to this topic

Trick

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:56 PM

some nice feedback from someone that has done investing in the real world, got me thinking, but still will try it out

http://www.reddit.co...d_why_i_do_not/

His reasoning is reasonable. The point of the coordinated sell-off, however, is testing a theory (or rather, ruling out the particular hypothesis that the single-player has any say in how the BAWSAQ stocks move).

The situation right now is such that we've simply not got enough data to confirm or rule out which actions (and on what scope) might affect the BAWSAQ, so the coordinated sell-off tonight will bring some clarity. That's the main point to remember. We're currently in a unique position to test a hypothesis as to the influence of SP on MP, and we won't have another chance to find that out once GTA:O goes online.

He's another guy arguing against every angle.

I too have done a bit of trading, in fact I am a finance major and have done extensive research into the markets.

That has little bearing on BAWSAQ.

No caps, no limit on resources or ways to directly profit on stock losses. So the only way to control the market is by linking share price to demand. People buy shares go up, people sell shares go down.

Everyone in the know is pulling in one direction, so even though we are a small percentage out actions have considerable weight. And since the stocks were cheap we could buy more of them and have a greater effect on demand (if we were buying up a $200 stock we'd only have 1/100th of the impact we are having).

People that call others kids on the Internet, well they usually are trying to compensate for something.

This has been a great time and we will find out in a few hours if we can continue doing this (even a nullification of my hypothesis is a good thing).
  • SteaVor and Strix aluco like this

solofme
  • solofme

True City Killers

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:58 PM

Whatcha all gonna do with this fake money

Give it to the homeless.
unlimited fake lapdances?!

From the homeless? :O
OMG YES! I think we have the solution to fight poverty here
  • avfc1991 likes this

ImSoTwisted
  • ImSoTwisted

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:58 PM

Ok I've put like 1.5bn in with each of my characters. When do we sell? 10pm?

Causton97 has the link to the time converter on his signature look there 

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:04 PM

Ok I've put like 1.5bn in with each of my characters. When do we sell? 10pm?

Causton97 has the link to the time converter on his signature look there 

I've been on the lookout for a free online service that would allow you to put a proper bbcode countdown clock in your sig, but so far have been unable to find any that don't break the image size limit for sigs on GTAF. Would be the easiest way to keep it in everyone's mind.

Clintonk2
  • Clintonk2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:07 PM

I waiting 'til 6pm EST for the sell-off, profits will be HUGE.

Monkeyy
  • Monkeyy

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:15 PM Edited by Monkeyy, 30 September 2013 - 04:30 PM.

Again, people must remember that it is tied to SOME things! EG. blowing up PIS trucks lowers stock! It is by no means infinite! It is a dire shame that the guy on reddit will probably mislead some people with his own brand of logic.

DoubleDownDon
  • DoubleDownDon

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:17 PM

I know there is a lot of talk about this strategy being Exploited for financial gain in GTA:O.

However people maybe overlooking some facts we have.

Now I know that the baswaq market is tied into the social club and is reactive to everyones SINGLE PLAYER GAMES. And this could be a great strategy for creating wealth for our own Trevor, Michael, and Franklins.

However with the events of GTA:O taking place before GTA V its not impossible to have a seperate LCN and BASWAQ markets exclusively for online only. It makes sense to me any way. I mean if you bought a trillion dollars worth of facebook stock today it would have no bearing on the price of that stock yesterday let alone months ago.

Has R* confirmed stock markets for GTA V and GTA O are connected?

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:19 PM Edited by SteaVor, 30 September 2013 - 04:21 PM.

@all, please to not quote posts of spambots. Report the member instead so the bot can get taken care of.

URL shortener links in a forum should always raise suspicion as there's no 160 character limit for your post and thus you can post a multitude of long links without a problem.

• frog-juice likes this

BrosGHOST
  • BrosGHOST

big f*cking giant

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:20 PM

If it is linked to our actions, then what caused the initial plummet in price from $150 to $2??!?!?

could it be because that was just the default start price of the stocks at game launch?

Astrovik
  • Astrovik

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:24 PM

So, i got a question, when i sell later I'll be way over the cash limit of 2,147,483,647 billion.

Should i just let the money i don't need stay in PIS or is there any kind of "safe haven stock" where i can put it?

Not caring about making any profit here just rather store it somewhere than just "destroy it".

Anyone?

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:24 PM Edited by SteaVor, 30 September 2013 - 04:26 PM.

I know there is a lot of talk about this strategy being Exploited for financial gain in GTA:O.

However people maybe overlooking some facts we have.

Now I know that the baswaq market is tied into the social club and is reactive to everyones SINGLE PLAYER GAMES. And this could be a great strategy for creating wealth for our own Trevor, Michael, and Franklins.

However with the events of GTA:O taking place before GTA V its not impossible to have a seperate LCN and BASWAQ markets exclusively for online only. It makes sense to me any way. I mean if you bought a trillion dollars worth of facebook stock today it would have no bearing on the price of that stock yesterday let alone months ago.

Has R* confirmed stock markets for GTA V and GTA O are connected?

Well, there's only one section on the RGSC website, not two separate ones. So it does look like it's the same BAWSAQ for SP and MP, barring any major overhaul of the Social CLub once GTA:O launches. But two BAWSAQs would be quite irritating, at least if both are shown on the Social Club website.

Mcastle
  • Mcastle

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:27 PM

No one's really helped me on this.
Once I sell my stocks ill be at the money cap.
There will be at lease a billion left over for each character.
What do I do with the extra?
Should I invest into something else or just leave it there.

Causton97
  • Causton97

Time Lord

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:28 PM

So, i got a question, when i sell later I'll be way over the cash limit of 2,147,483,647 billion.

Should i just let the money i don't need stay in PIS or is there any kind of "safe haven stock" where i can put it?

Not caring about making any profit here just rather store it somewhere than just "destroy it".

Anyone?

Whoops. Sorry we missed this. I'd advise you to just put any of the remaining money in a company that's already doing quite well. Just avoid HAL or PIS as they're the ones to watch at the moment.

Causton97
  • Causton97

Time Lord

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:29 PM

As I said to Astrovik, invest your remaining money into another company that's already doing well. Just don't invest in HAL or PIS. 

MotherLover
  • MotherLover

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:30 PM Edited by MotherLover, 30 September 2013 - 04:31 PM.

Anyone?

You could leave it, I mean it's possible (likely even) that what we did had zero influence and the stock will just keep rising. You could also invest that amount in amu (xbox looks promising), or any LCN stock as there are very little fluctuations there meaning it's quite a save place to store money. And because it's programmed I guess it'll come back up if it goes down.

But since you have over 2 billion dollars I'd either leave it or invest into something else. For the purpose of this experiment taking it out and investing it is of course preferred because the more stocks that are sold the better. This is at your own discretion though, because no one knows what's going to happen come tomorrow.

army_rizzle
  • army_rizzle

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:30 PM

Im hoping to hit 12.00 tonight :)

Monkeyy
  • Monkeyy

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:32 PM

Well it doesn't really matter because you have enough money for whatever you want...

You could buy a bunch of expensive stocks (like the ones for Ponsonboys) and just see what happens.

typeRkrim
  • typeRkrim

wizard

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:37 PM

Anyone?

Whoops. Sorry we missed this. I'd advise you to just put any of the remaining money in a company that's already doing quite well. Just avoid HAL or PIS as they're the ones to watch at the moment.

is the insider crew for ps3 or xbox?

Causton97
  • Causton97

Time Lord

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:38 PM

Just to let everyone know that I've updated my signature with a countdown to the sell-off, so hopefully there shouldn't be any confusion regarding times.

Current prices from social club website as of 17:36 BST:

PSN -  $11.51

XBL - $11.96

Causton97
  • Causton97

Time Lord

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:39 PM Edited by Causton97, 30 September 2013 - 04:40 PM.

is the insider crew for ps3 or xbox?

It's for both consoles! As long as you have a copy of GTA V, you can contribute! I play on PS3 and have a personal crew to lead with my friends, but I'm more than happy to put two leaders in charge from the management team :)

typeRkrim
  • typeRkrim

wizard

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:41 PM

Awesome i applied and im on Xbox.

avfc1991
  • avfc1991

KATY PERRY <3

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:42 PM

Imagine if this whole thing is just a troll?

ashy152
  • ashy152

Signs Everywhere

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:46 PM

We need more trolls that triple your money then tbh

• CRASHER69 likes this

Cock&Balls
  • Cock&Balls

Dipped in bread crumbs

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA Online]

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:46 PM

Not a troll, I made over 50 million dollars on pisswasser over the weekend. ;-)

GTAspotter
  • GTAspotter

Middle Park East/Rockford Hills Resident

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:50 PM

Ill be selling soon.. The sell off is 11pm in England and I need to be up at 6am, so I won't be up then.

Toke
  • Toke

Shadow Staff

• Members
  • NATO
  • Contribution Award [Gangs]

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:51 PM

Im hoping to hit 12.00 tonight :)

12.19 on 360 as of now :panic:

jptawok
  • jptawok

Lester the Molestor

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:51 PM

Impossible.  The stock got down below $3 and is about to peak at $12.

Shimo815
  • Shimo815

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:52 PM

what time should we sell it? UK time plz

Causton97
  • Causton97

Time Lord

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:54 PM

Impossible.  The stock got down below $3 and is about to peak at $12.

Well, it's only really a peak IF we cause it to crash. Remember, our theory could be wrong and it could continue to rise (which is what the backup savegame is for if you want to maximize profit. I wouldn't go anywhere near that until we've gathered our results from this thread.

We'll give everyone the go-ahead for reinvesting or selling after the sell-off once we have the evidence we need.

Causton97
  • Causton97

Time Lord

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:55 PM

what time should we sell it? UK time plz

I suggest you read the posts above you. 11pm BST. There are loads of links in my sig too... 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users