Photo

Buy Pisswasser now! Dump every dollar into it

4,331 replies to this topic
jptawok
  • jptawok

Lester the Molestor

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:21 PM

So what's the conclusion? Do we change something or it's just scripted?

There are two conclusions

A. Nobody sold (My guess)

B. We cannot affect it via single player

Causton97
  • Causton97

Time Lord

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:29 PM

I think it's best that we just assume that we can't affect it. It's the most logical assumption based on the evidence.

Glennyman
  • Glennyman

Limburg

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:38 PM

Mine is still stuck at 14.39

jptawok
  • jptawok

Lester the Molestor

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:39 PM

I think it's best that we just assume that we can't affect it. It's the most logical assumption based on the evidence.

Disagree.  There is no logical assumption here.  We can only verify that a handful of people in our experiment even sold, and that's just going off what they posted on the Crew wall.  I'll be the first to go on record saying that it's pretty f*cking hard to convince yourself to sell for an experiment when the stock wasn't even indicating a slow down.  We should've waited until the stock started dipping, not for some arbitrary sell time.  Then after our sell off (which would have been easier to sell investors on), if we influenced it, the stock would take a massive dive.

It was fun while it lasted, and was nice to see the forum work toward a global effort, but IMO, nobody sold.  Can we verify any of this?  Naw, it's just all speculation.  Now's the time to take our game to the next level, from experiment to a working insider trading group.  Let's get rich SON.

Driftwood1973
  • Driftwood1973

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:48 PM Edited by Driftwood1973, 01 October 2013 - 04:49 PM.

Nice to see that it's still increasing. I'll be working on my insider trading project over the next few days and weeks, so hopefully I'll get that sorted out for everyone to use. :)

I'll update the links in my signature now that the sell-off has finished. It was good to get some results and test our theory, even if it was wrong! :)

your theory wasn't necessarily wrong..  i bet loads of people not on the forums noticed pisswasser rising to and many are probably still investing in it.

or it really is random. man i wish rockstar would just explain how they programmed this damn thing

Well, I'm hoping that GTA Online will allow us to affect the stock market through our investments, but that's another theory for another day! ;)

It wasn't really my theory. I don't want to take the credit for this. It was all down to 2405. He was the one who got all of this started and then things developed from there. You should thank him, not me. 

I don't think Rockstar will be explaining the mechanics of the stock market. Nah, they'll leave that for us to discover! :p

let me give you an example: In Germany we have the DAX . Where the 30 biggest German companies are listed. The cashflow is so huge, that it is almost impossible to tamper with the Share Prices of the listed companies, no matter how much cahs you have to play with. There are just too many big players in the market. And this is mainly in Germany.

The Bawsaq is WORLDWIDE. Theoratically the Cashflow should be 10 times higher than in the real DAX . So it is illusional to think that 10-50 or lets say even 200 people can somehow control the Share price.

There is just too much trading going on.

I still think ,that our Investments have an impact to the Share Price it is a simple supply and demand system. Pretty straight forward to "program". Rockstar invested 200 million in this game. So simulating the stock market should be pretty easy for them to realize.

MotherLover
  • MotherLover

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:56 PM

Disagree.  There is no logical assumption here.  We can only verify that a handful of people in our experiment even sold, and that's just going off what they posted on the Crew wall.  I'll be the first to go on record saying that it's pretty f*cking hard to convince yourself to sell for an experiment when the stock wasn't even indicating a slow down.  We should've waited until the stock started dipping, not for some arbitrary sell time.  Then after our sell off (which would have been easier to sell investors on), if we influenced it, the stock would take a massive dive.

It was fun while it lasted, and was nice to see the forum work toward a global effort, but IMO, nobody sold.  Can we verify any of this?  Naw, it's just all speculation.  Now's the time to take our game to the next level, from experiment to a working insider trading group.  Let's get rich SON.

I disagree. Mass selling while it was already dropping wouldn't be conclusive either.

Glennyman
  • Glennyman

Limburg

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:57 PM

Okay my Pisswasser stock went from 14.39 to 14.72

2.22 return % and made 30mil with this on Michael. Invested 1500m on it :D

Jeklah
  • Jeklah

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:59 PM

So there has been no crash so far...how long are we waiting? a couple days? What's the plan now guys...

Also what stock are we pump/dumping next

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:01 PM

Okay my Pisswasser stock went from 14.39 to 14.72

2.22 return % and made 30mil with this on Michael. Invested 1500m on it :D

There's a pretty good chance it will double again over the next few days and then double again, to $50+

Recommendation is still BUY all the way.

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:07 PM

So there has been no crash so far...how long are we waiting? a couple days? What's the plan now guys...

Also what stock are we pump/dumping next

Stock shows absolutely no sign of slowing down on its upward trend, plus GTA:O has been launched officially, so there's no point in staying out of PIS any longer. Invest all your money and make some buck for your single-player characters.

With GTA:O now online, we should wait for 3 or 4 days after launch, till the dust settles (IF the dust settles by then) so we can try something and hope to get meaningful results and money out of it.

jptawok
  • jptawok

Lester the Molestor

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:10 PM

I disagree. Mass selling while it was already dropping wouldn't be conclusive either.

It would more conclusive than assuming everyone sold and stating that we cannot affect it.  If we sold while it was on a mild slide, and we could indeed affect it, it would move from a mild slide to a sharp dive.

PanicButton
  • PanicButton

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:12 PM

about 100-200 from 1 sub-reddit sold, then another subreddit, then gtaforums, so i think we just cant affect it in SP

Clay33
  • Clay33

Prankster

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:19 PM

Invested 1300M in Pisswasser

Where the hell did you get so many?

Glennyman
  • Glennyman

Limburg

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:27 PM

Assasin missions to the last :)

jetpackhunt2
  • jetpackhunt2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:28 PM

lemme tell you something BROTHER, you cant change mp prices by single player money, JACK

Clay33
  • Clay33

Prankster

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:36 PM

Assasin missions to the last :)

Nice. :)

Krad Oren
  • Krad Oren

Pi▀wasser Movement Member

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:36 PM

$14.72 PS3

pokemon4ever
  • pokemon4ever

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:02 PM

so did 2405 leave town?

tnz1992
  • tnz1992

Rat

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:09 PM

I kinda doubt that players have any effect on stock market. It's still going up, I sold everything last night and so did many other people, and there was no effect at all.

screech
  • screech

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:14 PM

I didn't sell. Let's keep this baby going.

Jeklah
  • Jeklah

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:21 PM

Tbh I think it's a bit early to be giving up. I think it might take a day or so for the effects to show...and with the online mode launching tonight it could take longer.

Iwilein
  • Iwilein

awesomeness ~

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:10 PM

Maybe it can't show any effect because of the savegame backups ? I mean idk in what way they affect the market or in what way people made backups. 

I had two savegames til I came home, one where I sold everything, and one where I still had everything invested into PIS (forgot to overwrite it).

So idk I was just thinking 

PyroMessiah86
  • PyroMessiah86

PyroMessiah86

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:40 PM

Maybe it can't show any effect because of the savegame backups ? I mean idk in what way they affect the market or in what way people made backups. 

I had two savegames til I came home, one where I sold everything, and one where I still had everything invested into PIS (forgot to overwrite it).

Personally I didn't understand why people were making backups in the first place. Stocking trading in real life is full of risk....just like BAWSAQ should be for GTA V. The risk is half of the fun and when it pays off you get a real reward and sense of achievement even if it's just a game.

In my opinion if you can't stand the risk get out and don't bother with stock trading because it's obviously not for you if you have to rely on backups of saved games to make a profit.

My first play through of GTA:

- I didn't save all the assassination missions for after the last heist as I didn't know how the story would pan out or if it would let me even do that.
- I didn't make one backup of my save and put in every penny I had acquired from the main story from Franklin, Trev & Michael into PIS which was about £50-60million each.
- The risk was fun and that is what the stock market is all about.

Cheating the system and reloading old saves destroys the experiment potentially and what is the fun in that? If the trading crew allows people to do that then the trading crew in my eyes is a waste of time and a phony. It should be a genuine trade with genuine risk involved. 

• manik05 likes this

arran94
  • arran94

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:11 PM

At $14.98 now on PS3.

Glennyman
  • Glennyman

Limburg

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:14 PM

Personally I didn't understand why people were making backups in the first place. Stocking trading in real life is full of risk....just like BAWSAQ should be for GTA V. The risk is half of the fun and when it pays off you get a real reward and sense of achievement even if it's just a game.

In my opinion if you can't stand the risk get out and don't bother with stock trading because it's obviously not for you if you have to rely on backups of saved games to make a profit.

- I didn't save all the assassination missions for after the last heist as I didn't know how the story would pan out or if it would let me even do that.
- I didn't make one backup of my save and put in every penny I had acquired from the main story from Franklin, Trev & Michael into PIS which was about £50-60million each.

Cheating the system and reloading old saves destroys the experiment potentially and what is the fun in that? If the trading crew allows people to do that then the trading crew in my eyes is a waste of time and a phony. It should be a genuine trade with genuine risk involved. 

Well said. You didnt do that first time cause you didnt know. I bet you did it the second time

Just like the rest of us

Glennyman
  • Glennyman

Limburg

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:19 PM

Hmm I gonna sell all before I go to bed lol 

PyroMessiah86
  • PyroMessiah86

PyroMessiah86

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:21 PM

Well said. You didnt do that first time cause you didnt know. I bet you did it the second time

Just like the rest of us

Nope, only one save and one play through. I'm at 88.8%. Will only be replaying missions on the same save file to get some golds I missed.
:)

Neil1664
  • Neil1664

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:26 PM

- The risk was fun and that is what the stock market is all about.Cheating the system and reloading old saves destroys the experiment potentially and what is the fun in that? If the trading crew allows people to do that then the trading crew in my eyes is a waste of time and a phony. It should be a genuine trade with genuine risk involved.

So right Pyro.

I couldnt understand the whole "make a second save, so if it goes tits up, we'll be OK". Real world stocks arent like that - we should play the game for fun, balance risk and reward as we see fit, and if a wrong decision is made on investments, so be it.
  • PyroMessiah86 likes this

manik05
  • manik05

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:33 PM

nobody would be able to use backups anyway, because the bawsaq is online only. so even if you did reload the stocks will stay as is. am i right?

Causton97
  • Causton97

Time Lord

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:40 PM

That's very true, but if its possible to eliminate the risk, of course people are going to do it. Remember, with GTA Online, you get one chance. No reloads, no multiple saves. Just your own instinct in knowing when the best time is to invest and pull your money out. If you lose it all, there's no getting it back! 

• PyroMessiah86 likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users