Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA San Andreas Remake

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
137 replies to this topic

Poll: SAN ANDREAS REMAKE (305 member(s) have cast votes)

Should Rockstar remake GTA San Andreas with all the same characters and a new story??

1. That would be f*cking awesome! (111 votes [36.39%])

Percentage of vote: 36.39%

2. Hell no! (194 votes [63.61%])

Percentage of vote: 63.61%

Vote
Kifflom!
  • Kifflom!

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:11 AM

well f*ck your opinions

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:11 AM

A GTA SA remake would be a gift and a curse. It'd be a gift for critical thinking fans who grade games off substance, but a curse for the graphic obsessed fans who have lauded IV and V over older GTA's simply because they've become blinded by the current standard of graphics.

If GTA San Andreas were remade with the same graphics and engine as GTA 4 and 5, then there's a chance that this would expose GTA IV and V as not being as good as people thought and leave a lot of people embarrassed. We had a poll a month ago about best GTA and San Andreas won easily. If GTA SA, IV, and V were all made with the same technology, it could possibly damage any argument of IV and V being better than SA. So it would be good, and bad depending on which side you're on. If you rank GTA games off of substance, content, replayability, fun factor, single player free roam, customization, properties, and things that ACTUALY matter, a SA remake would be heaven. But if you rank GTA games based off of graphics, flashiness, and glamor and irrelevant sh*t that has fooled you into thinking IV and V were as good as SA, then you'd be in a for rude f*cking awakening if SA were remade in HD and you'd seriously have to rethink your mentality for judging video games.

I'm not sure why you'd think that. Assuming they upgrade it with the physics and gameplay of GTA V and IV then they'd be outright admitting that GTA SA was a worse title by that alone. The core mechanics were the focus when they made GTA IV and they improved those core mechanics. GTA V is a missed opportunity for not having added more to the gameplay, but it was trying so hard not to be IV that it once again focused on the core mechanics too much (sometimes for the worse). If they just added super HD graphics to GTA SA it would be laughed at for how outdated it was. People would wonder where the cover mechanic is or the GPS route or the cell phone. You can say these things don't matter, but that's to your mind. I'll take quality over quantity any day, so (for me) GTA IV > GTA SA. The quality of the base gameplay is just so much better in my opinion that all the features of SA can't hope to compete.

Ermacs
  • Ermacs

Leave a message.

• Members
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:13 AM

A GTA SA remake would be a gift and a curse. It'd be a gift for critical thinking fans who grade games off substance, but a curse for the graphic obsessed fans who have lauded IV and V over older GTA's simply because they've become blinded by the current standard of graphics.

If GTA San Andreas were remade with the same graphics and engine as GTA 4 and 5, then there's a chance that this would expose GTA IV and V as not being as good as people thought and leave a lot of people embarrassed. We had a poll a month ago about best GTA and San Andreas won easily. If GTA SA, IV, and V were all made with the same technology, it could possibly damage any argument of IV and V being better than SA. So it would be good, and bad depending on which side you're on. If you rank GTA games off of substance, content, replayability, fun factor, single player free roam, customization, properties, and things that ACTUALY matter, a SA remake would be heaven. But if you rank GTA games based off of graphics, flashiness, and glamor and irrelevant sh*t that has fooled you into thinking IV and V were as good as SA, then you'd be in a for rude f*cking awakening if SA were remade in HD and you'd seriously have to rethink your mentality for judging video games.

My god. It's posts like these that make me wish there was a dislike button. I love SA as much as the next guy, but if you think the only reason other people and I prefer IV and V over it is solely because of graphics and presentation, you're seriously f*cking dense.

Oh wait, I forgot. You're DoubleOGJohnson, the biggest San Andreas dickrider to ever walk this Earth. You'll probably just label me as a racist because I don't put SA on a pedestal.

• DeafMetal, Bonnano and TaviColen123 like this

Mr.Aaron
  • Mr.Aaron

Excuse me while I whip this out

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:22 AM

Just add the others areas and that would be fine.

DoubleOGJohnson
  • DoubleOGJohnson

Playa

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:22 AM Edited by DoubleOGJohnson, 04 November 2013 - 04:30 AM.

Go play GTA V.

Hey there handsome.

I've said this millions of times: they could build San Andreas again brick-by-brick, precisely how it was but with improved graphics and people would STILL bitch and moan about how it's not as good as the original. You just can't please certain people no matter what you do because it's their nature to, well, be total f*ckin' hipsters. You see this behavior with other games, like Morrowind, Metal Gear Solid (the first one), and a bunch more. Hell, you see this behavior with everything: from music, to television, to movies, to women, to politicians, to food, etc. etc.

Some people just feel special knowing they experienced a great game a long time ago, they feel like they're part of an exclusive club, and if they admit they liked X game as much or more or, like normal people, didn't compare the games to begin with because they're not obsessive tards who feel the need to scale every entertainment product up to an old game they liked, then they're no longer part of that little exclusive club.

With that said, there are people who were genuinely let down with newer installments in certain aspects, and some that may prefer the others due to very good reasons such as atmosphere, but at this point, I doubt it's even 1% who voice their opinions on the topic.

That's an assumption that people would "complain" if SA were remade. As I said before, we had a poll a month ago asking which GTA was the best and San Andreas destroyed every other game in the poll. The respect that people have for GTA SA is something that all the marketing and paid reviews for IV and V can never buy. So if there is an older GTA that can be remade then it is this one. The only people who would hate it are the fanboys who are afraid that a remade GTA SA would embarrass GTA IV and GTA V. Fanboys overrated every new GTA in order to create the perception that the series is always improving and advancing because they think that acknowledging the mere possibility of an older GTA being better than a newer GTA would show that Rockstar is "slipping". 

Fanboys have no purpose in life besides making Rockstar look like gods who have no weaknesses, therefore to them everything Rockstar creates must be better than its predecessor because, they believe "the Gods only get better". So every time a new GTA comes out they push this propaganda bullsh*t about how the "Gods at Rockstar have just blessed us with their greatest GTA yet!!!". The same guys who say GTA V is the best GTA are the same ones who said IV was the greatest GTA 4 years ago, and will be saying that GTA 6 is the greatest GTA once it comes out. They have no solid basis whatsoever for grading or ranking GTA's. And the shaky ass foundation that the fanboys stand upon, where they preach to everyone that every new GTA automatically is the best one EVEN WITH IT'S NOT TRUE, would imploded if SA came out in HD. If SA on XBOX and PS2 can crush IV and V in polls, just imagine what an HD SA would do in polls. IV and V could possibly be embarrassed.

PulpFiction
  • PulpFiction

The Libertonian grandmaster

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:24 PM

Go play GTA V.

Hey there handsome.

I've said this millions of times: they could build San Andreas again brick-by-brick, precisely how it was but with improved graphics and people would STILL bitch and moan about how it's not as good as the original. You just can't please certain people no matter what you do because it's their nature to, well, be total f*ckin' hipsters. You see this behavior with other games, like Morrowind, Metal Gear Solid (the first one), and a bunch more. Hell, you see this behavior with everything: from music, to television, to movies, to women, to politicians, to food, etc. etc.

Some people just feel special knowing they experienced a great game a long time ago, they feel like they're part of an exclusive club, and if they admit they liked X game as much or more or, like normal people, didn't compare the games to begin with because they're not obsessive tards who feel the need to scale every entertainment product up to an old game they liked, then they're no longer part of that little exclusive club.

With that said, there are people who were genuinely let down with newer installments in certain aspects, and some that may prefer the others due to very good reasons such as atmosphere, but at this point, I doubt it's even 1% who voice their opinions on the topic.

That's an assumption that people would "complain" if SA were remade. As I said before, we had a poll a month ago asking which GTA was the best and San Andreas destroyed every other game in the poll. The respect that people have for GTA SA is something that all the marketing and paid reviews for IV and V can never buy. So if there is an older GTA that can be remade then it is this one. The only people who would hate it are the fanboys who are afraid that a remade GTA SA would embarrass GTA IV and GTA V. Fanboys overrated every new GTA in order to create the perception that the series is always improving and advancing because they think that acknowledging the mere possibility of an older GTA being better than a newer GTA would show that Rockstar is "slipping". 

Fanboys have no purpose in life besides making Rockstar look like gods who have no weaknesses, therefore to them everything Rockstar creates must be better than its predecessor because, they believe "the Gods only get better". So every time a new GTA comes out they push this propaganda bullsh*t about how the "Gods at Rockstar have just blessed us with their greatest GTA yet!!!". The same guys who say GTA V is the best GTA are the same ones who said IV was the greatest GTA 4 years ago, and will be saying that GTA 6 is the greatest GTA once it comes out. They have no solid basis whatsoever for grading or ranking GTA's. And the shaky ass foundation that the fanboys stand upon, where they preach to everyone that every new GTA automatically is the best one EVEN WITH IT'S NOT TRUE, would imploded if SA came out in HD. If SA on XBOX and PS2 can crush IV and V in polls, just imagine what an HD SA would do in polls. IV and V could possibly be embarrassed.

So now you need to "imagine" a HD SA? I don't know sometimes I feel it's pointless replying to your posts, but it intrigues me how someone gets so much sand in their vagina when people like GTA IV and/or GTA V over the godly SA.

Shmiqq
  • Shmiqq

you know how it is man

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:07 PM

GTA SAStories, same engine as GTA 3 to VCS, 1-3 years before SA, some Vagos/VLA dude's point of view. Yes that's a good idea.

The Introduction just didn't cut it for me.

Ola441
  • Ola441

Hustler

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:03 PM

If you want a remake then just watch my video lol

Hope this vid is monetized you deserve all the view you get and more!

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:06 PM

Go play GTA V.

Hey there handsome.

So now you need to "imagine" a HD SA? I don't know sometimes I feel it's pointless replying to your posts, but it intrigues me how someone gets so much sand in their vagina when people like GTA IV and/or GTA V over the godly SA.

I kind of like reading his posts lol It's like some high 15 year old.

Just admit it, Miami, we're graphics whores even though I preferred SA over core IV and you preferred IV to V. I know it doesn't make sense, but come on, let's just follow the damn train.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, I always carry my heat in these streets

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:17 PM

Nah, I just want a modern-day Vice City and South Florida this time around - and hoping Rockstar get most things right once and for f**king all. 

AndreasEr
  • AndreasEr

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:24 PM

and can u please upload a real pic of urself? im willing to bet ur a ugly lil f*cker   and when we see ur pic   no one will pay u much mind

Anchorman_well_that_escalated_quickly_96

ChillerVapes
  • ChillerVapes

Wondering aimlessly in a cloud, look up high n I'll be found

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:17 PM

Rather than a SA remake, I would love to see a DLC expansion to V so we have a HD version of the SA map... imagine how big it would be!

Keep the 3 characters we have now but add missions which involves the old ones. It would be clever if they added (I think his name was) the truth and he helped us unlock the secrets to the murial.

I did love SA but a remake would be a waste of resources whereas if they built it on to the side of what we already have, it's a bonus since it's already a working game.

Remember GTA London? On PSX, you had to disc swap with GTA in order for it to work. Lol

bmwdriver
  • bmwdriver

with oakley oil rig sunglasses

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:27 PM

Hell no. SA should be put to rest. Jeez

why would a sa remake be bad?  

and can u please upload a real pic of urself?    im willing to bet ur a ugly lil f*cker   and when we see ur pic   no one will pay u much mind
Wtf?
Anyway remaking an almost 10 year old game would be a complete waste of resources and money I'd rather see go towards another R* game or preparing for a next gen GTA.
u just got it gta 5....and if the game is so good why u not playing it now?

why are half the people still on the forums and not playing gta 5....i think we all know even if u guys dont wanna admit it
Oh I don't know. Maybe I don't feel the need to play it 24/7?

Also incase you haven't noticed I'm a moderator so it's my job to keep an eye on this forum and make sure douchebags like you are pulled into line.

LMAO

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:25 AM

Yeah make one, so people stop complaining about GTA V.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

You go OTB more than me man!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:36 AM Edited by B Dawg, 05 November 2013 - 07:39 PM.

Want HD San Andreas? You don't need a good computer for the game itself, then throw in some ENB mods, slightly higher res textures, sound mods and there you go :p

Result: A game with already more enjoyable driving than V, white protagonist (optional mod) for doing things in San Fierro and Las Venturas, a better fan-made multiplayer, Vigilante, Ambulance and Firefight missions, and so much more.

BURNFIREFLY
  • BURNFIREFLY

Mentlegen

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:33 PM

dear diary, today op was retarded.

hell no btw

Irrational
  • Irrational

Federação das Américas

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:34 PM

You're just mad because GTA Advance was better than SA.

• TaviColen123 likes this

Raavi
  • Raavi

• Antarctica
  • Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:36 PM

Well.. I've seen worse bump posts.

Anyhow, please only bump threads if you have something meaningful to add to them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users