Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA San Andreas Remake

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
137 replies to this topic

Poll: SAN ANDREAS REMAKE (305 member(s) have cast votes)

Should Rockstar remake GTA San Andreas with all the same characters and a new story??

1. That would be f*cking awesome! (111 votes [36.39%])

Percentage of vote: 36.39%

2. Hell no! (194 votes [63.61%])

Percentage of vote: 63.61%

Vote
JohnGazman
  • JohnGazman

More Dakka Is Never Enough

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:30 PM

Hell no. SA should be put to rest. Jeez

Agreed. Screw remaking SA, the next step is one set in a revamped Vice City. 80s or modern day, I ain't fussed.

JoeB
  • JoeB

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:30 PM

cant see it being any worse then u using a pic of a midget as your avatar...maybe thats you? blowJob i mean joeB

*facepalm* x2

JoeB Member Since 19 Aug 2013
Online Last Active A minute ago
star_off.pngstar_off.pngstar_off.pngstar_off.pngstar_off.png
Topics I've Started I don't get how people like Chop

2 days ago

He just sh*ts all the time

I started that because there was lots of topic saying "I don't get how people like [insert opinion here] :p
Only thing I actually hate about Chop is the bloody iFruit App!

RichBlackGuy
  • RichBlackGuy

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:31 PM

dont cop out now......we see u troll!!!

JoeB
  • JoeB

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:34 PM

dont cop out now......we see u troll!!!

Sure 'RichBlackGuy' -_-

Dorling20
  • Dorling20

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:52 PM

I came to this forum to read about GTA V, to see what experiences other people were having with the game, to share my enjoyment of it.

Aside from the screenshots/selfies and post your custom ride thread, everything else just devolves into an argument with terrible grammar and awful logic.

It seems if you like GTA V you're a fanboy, and if you like SA you're stuck in the past.

Can't we just like both?

If I'm not mistaken, isn't there a separate forum to discuss San Andreas? I didn't come here to talk about San Andreas, I came here to talk about GTA V.

• archiebunker likes this

LaughingDingo
  • LaughingDingo

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:05 PM

I came to this forum to read about GTA V, to see what experiences other people were having with the game, to share my enjoyment of it.

Aside from the screenshots/selfies and post your custom ride thread, everything else just devolves into an argument with terrible grammar and awful logic.

It seems if you like GTA V you're a fanboy, and if you like SA you're stuck in the past.

Can't we just like both?

If I'm not mistaken, isn't there a separate forum to discuss San Andreas? I didn't come here to talk about San Andreas, I came here to talk about GTA V.

What're you doing? You can't use logic on this forum, didn't you know?

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

Dont you just hate keyboard warriors!

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:08 PM

why would a sa remake be bad?  

and can u please upload a real pic of urself?    im willing to bet ur a ugly lil f*cker   and when we see ur pic   no one will pay u much mind
Wtf?

Anyway remaking an almost 10 year old game would be a complete waste of resources and money I'd rather see go towards another R* game or preparing for a next gen GTA.

Miamivicecity does act like a little girl but I agree with him here.
Gta sa was an amazing game and one of the things that made it so amazing was the feel to the game that cannot be replace an hd version wont be the same.

I vote for moving on with new place, charecters and stories

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:10 PM

Nope. No need to remake it.

Dorling20
  • Dorling20

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:14 PM

Can't we just like both?

What're you doing? You can't use logic on this forum, didn't you know?

My bad. Or wishful thinking.

gnrdeth13
  • gnrdeth13

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:18 PM

I don't know why exactly, but SA is probably my least favorite GTA.  It's the only one I never bothered to finish.  I just put it down one day and never picked it back up again.  Not sure what it was about it.  Just wasn't one of my favs.

Loved IV and am digging V though.

JohnGazman
  • JohnGazman

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:23 PM

This is the internet, what do you expect?

Neoflite
  • Neoflite

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:24 PM

Wrong, this is the gtaforum

Silverbolt Wolf
  • Silverbolt Wolf

the resident furry

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:25 PM

If anything they need to make a GTA in Japan

LateNightNeons
  • LateNightNeons

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:26 PM

Yes, I would like to see a remake of SA. Just so people finally relize how out of date and skin deep it really is compare to modern games.

JohnGazman
  • JohnGazman

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:29 PM

Wrong, this is the gtaforum

On the internet. Where anyone can voice their opinion, no matter how poorly worded or highly illogical it may be.

If anything they need to make a GTA in Japan

Pretty sure something along those lines already exists.

RuiRuichi
  • RuiRuichi

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:30 PM

So a mod was here and he didn't even lock or move this topic that has no relation to GTA V. There's a GTA SA section for this to discuss . Irrelevant, even though the setting is the same, there's really nothing much connecting the two titles anymore.

Themonsterhunter
  • Themonsterhunter

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:31 PM

San Andreas was a good game, but it's time to let CJ and his crew go. Their story has long been finished and there is no need to bring it back.

i can dig that 100%  but my questions is in ur heart can you say that with a new protag white green red what ever color fits u....would you not enjoy all the options gta sa had and all the stuff gta 4-5 has   over what gta 5 has now?    

lets leave cj out hell leave out a black guy all together...

if this was with tommy claude who ever would u really pic gta 5 over a gta 5 with what it has and all the stuff gta sa had>?

be honest!

Isn't that pretty much what GTA V is in a nutshell? Same location as San Andreas was in and features from both GTA IV and SA.

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:34 PM

I don't understand some people. GTA V is set in a graphically redesigned Los Santos with plenty of countryside and SA features returning, and there's also a mod for GTA IV that remakes it into San Andreas with the IV engine and better graphics. Nope, people still aren't satisfied.

archiebunker
  • archiebunker

Working Class Hero

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:11 PM Edited by archiebunker, 26 September 2013 - 05:12 PM.

Jesus, this thread. Since the time of the leaks it seems the forum (located on the internet, surprisingly) has been devolving at a quicker rate than usual.

I've been starting to wonder if the recent onrush of whining and sh*tposting (not to be confused with posts that actually make cogent criticisms/arguments) is the job of bonafide trolls or merely people who, though sincere in their gripes and beliefs, are only able to express themselves as if they had the cognitive acuity of a f*cking shoe.

• Foxhunt likes this

Distrom
  • Distrom

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:17 PM

why would a sa remake be bad?  

and can u please upload a real pic of urself?    im willing to bet ur a ugly lil f*cker   and when we see ur pic   no one will pay u much mind

SA is a great game, but I agree, it should be put to rest, R* will release a 10 anniversary version for iOS and Android but that's about it

Also, why would R* made a new story with the same charaters? I would ruin the whole III era canon,wich ended fantastically when the PS2 era ended.

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:19 PM

No. I wouldn't pay $60 for a game I already own.

Foxhunt
  • Foxhunt

Highway To Hell

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:21 PM

i think we need something new and fresh, rather than remakes. I think GTA IV + V should be the last re-mastered ones and next should be an entire new world brought into GTA.

I don't know, i think Vice City is worthy of a remake, but that's it. Hell no to San Andreas remake, I loved the game to death, but it's time to move on. I would be totally happy though if they didn't remake/remaster Vice City and instead introduced a whole new city.

tivatavi
  • tivatavi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:39 PM Edited by tivatavi, 26 September 2013 - 05:42 PM.

I don't know why exactly, but SA is probably my least favorite GTA.  It's the only one I never bothered to finish.  I just put it down one day and never picked it back up again.  Not sure what it was about it.  Just wasn't one of my favs.

Same here about SA... its a good game but least fav in the series for me.

Jimmy Darmody
  • Jimmy Darmody

Don

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:49 PM

Same here about SA... its a good game but least fav in the series for me.

true, true... All of this.

Senax
  • Senax

Trick

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:53 PM

No, they shouldn't. GTA: SA is good as it is, there's no reason to make it again.

Gilligan
  • Gilligan

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:54 PM

The only good thing about Grand Theft Auto San Andreas is SA:MP.

Il_Tifossi
  • Il_Tifossi

bad motherf*cker

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:00 PM

I haven't voted. I just wanted to tell you OP how much of a f*cking idiot you are.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:02 PM

I love SA and I would mind HD versions of all the PS2 games but let it go already. 

Sevenpatch
  • Sevenpatch

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:23 PM Edited by Sevenpatch, 27 September 2013 - 04:29 PM.

Well, it's good for the people who say its a 11 out of 10 game. Most of these guys are fanboys or didn't even were above 14 when GTA III was announced. The amount of - the so called - complainers rises every day and R* knows that. But of course they don't give a f*ck :D

I get it, anyone who likes GTAV is a fanboy who is too young to have played the real GTA games. 

- Have you ever heard of psychological projection.  It is a defense mechinism employed by those that unconsciously rejects his or her own unacceptable behavior or attributes by ascribing them to others.   In this case, you're a fanboy of an earlier GTA title and can't accept that others don't agree with you, so via projection they are fanboys.

In reality, everyone has different tastes, different likes and dislikes.  It's okay.  I understand if you don't like GTAV.  So far for me, GTAV is my favorite of the franchise.  No, I'm not a fanboy and Im probably older than you.

i still say for so many people to be loving gta 5 u guys sure sit on the forums alot im reading ur other topics,and some of u seem to not like gta 5 as much as u put on...

ive even seen some of u flat out be racist on here...

i dont know man, i sure as hell wouldnt be here if gta 5 single player was more like gta sa with tons of features...

but then again i dont wanna do yoga either

I work for a living so I can't play GTAV.  If I took a PTO day, I would be playing GTAV right now.  I can't stop thinking about GTAV so I come to these forums.  GTAV is the first game of the franchise that I've felt that way.  GTA: SA was boring to me.  It's okay though, everyone has different likes and dislikes. 

But he is right about this. There would be nowhere near as many people on this forum if GTA V was the game it should/could have been. Everybody would be playing it instead of talking/complaining/bitching here on this forum.

How many people do you think are on these forums?  1 thousand maybe?  Out of how many people bought the game (close to 15 million probably).  More projection I'm afraid, since you are here you associate that means everyone is here. 

This is not the case though.  There are some people here (somewhere between 100 and 250) that don't like GTAV and everyone else has a wide variety of reasons to be here (some are just regulars, some just come to argue on the internet, some just want to discuss the game that they like, some would be playing the game but can't at the moment because they have jobs, school or something else going on).

yea your missing the fact we want to enjoy gta with all the old options and a ton of new 1s on a better engine....how hard is that to see?

like take a real poll   who the f*ck wants yoga...? really...

who wants arcade driving in 2013?

who wants a lifeless set of npc's?

who wants all the sh*tty songs?

who wants tennis?

after u beat the story and side missions whats left to do?

why wouldnt you want more features?  cn u give me a real reason why you want a gta 5 that looks better but feels smaller,more boring,and less stuff to do then a game 9 years ago?

maybe u working on the forums for Free is ur thing and you dont mind going without...

but most of us out here who make alot of money dont work for free...

can i prove i make alot of money and have a awesome job? yes i can and not only can i show that but im around rich famous people all the time...got pics and videos to prove it...and will share if u so want to see it...but please answer my questions....

i will post all my sh*t here in this topic...u can see what i look like,and what i do for a living!!!

u know cause mods like u keep trash like me in line...for free right!

You seem to have little understanding of how game development works.  First there are limits to what can be provided on a blue-ray disc, and what the current gen (PS3 / X-box 360) can do. 

Second when developing a new game, they have a thing called code, which has to be implemented and worked out.  Most old code from old titles usually can't be ported over to a new title.  Which means in order for the same features in GTA: SA to be included in GTAV, they would have to rewrite the code and retest it which means complete redevelopment.  It's not like it was there and they took it out.  Technically it was never there to begin with. 

Third, developers make the game they want to make, they want to play.  GTAV is the result of the work on a game that R* developers wanted.  They had a goal, they developed a game they want to play that interests them.  Of course there is a side goal of wanting to make money but in reality that only impacts how much time a developer has to complete work on the game.  Most developers have a big vision in which they could spend close to a decade working on, but they have a budget and schedule and can't spend that much time.

So who wants yoga?  R* developers apparently.

San Andreas was a good game, but it's time to let CJ and his crew go. Their story has long been finished and there is no need to bring it back.

i can dig that 100%  but my questions is in ur heart can you say that with a new protag white green red what ever color fits u....would you not enjoy all the options gta sa had and all the stuff gta 4-5 has   over what gta 5 has now?    

lets leave cj out hell leave out a black guy all together...

if this was with tommy claude who ever would u really pic gta 5 over a gta 5 with what it has and all the stuff gta sa had>?

be honest!

I think what it boils down to is that the people dissapointed or dislike GTAV, basically wanted a different game.  I can understand that.  Like I've said, everyone has different likes and dislikes. 

I don't mean to be rude, but if you're really interested, you could make your own game, the way you want it.  This is why there are so many game developers in the first place, people wanted to make a game their way so they started a company.

Otherwise STFU

heh kidding, there is nothing wrong with expressing contstructive criticism whether you dislike or like something.

• TaviColen123 likes this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:24 PM

Move on. San An was great, but times have changed. If they remade it in HD, you would find the map really unrealistic and boring when comparing it with V, I promise. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users