Photo

Hawk and Little stocks rising fast

106 replies to this topic
drjonkoe
  • drjonkoe

GTA veteran

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:44 AM

That's pretty much my reasoning too - part B) is one of the reasons I created this topic, to encourage investment in the hope it would help drive the price up faster ;-)

You sneaky bastard  :colgate:, trying to manipulate us all for your own benefits. You got my blessing, as long as you tell me beforehand in the future so i can join the next gravy train, hate to miss it  :pp

Shpongled
  • Shpongled

Psychedelelicable

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:46 AM

First post for me, just finished the story line and loving the game. I've got about 40m per character invested in HAL & PIS at the moment, got in pretty low and want to hang on for maximum profit before I go for Lester's missions.

Like many others, I'm a little worried that if stocks drop while I'm not playing, I could lose out on some lovely profit and I've just thought of something to guard against this. If it seems obvious, or if there is some problem with it I, let me know, but it could help some people to feel a little more secure.

I'm not worried while I'm playing as I can check the market every 30 mins or so, but if I felt that the stock might be peaking, or just wanted extra insurance when I stopped playing, I could simply save as normal, then make another save in a different slot, having sold all the shares. It would then just be a case of checking the stock when I play again - if it's risen, load the first save, if it's dropped badly, just load the second save where I'd cashed out.

That's basically what I've done just in case.  Honestly, there's no real benefit to having several billions in single player that I can see but I guess I care enough about a bigger number in the top right of my screen to invest haha.

decon954
  • decon954

PS4 at launch.... Xbox one 8-12 months after

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:01 AM

First post for me, just finished the story line and loving the game. I've got about 40m per character invested in HAL & PIS at the moment, got in pretty low and want to hang on for maximum profit before I go for Lester's missions.

Like many others, I'm a little worried that if stocks drop while I'm not playing, I could lose out on some lovely profit and I've just thought of something to guard against this. If it seems obvious, or if there is some problem with it I, let me know, but it could help some people to feel a little more secure.

I'm not worried while I'm playing as I can check the market every 30 mins or so, but if I felt that the stock might be peaking, or just wanted extra insurance when I stopped playing, I could simply save as normal, then make another save in a different slot, having sold all the shares. It would then just be a case of checking the stock when I play again - if it's risen, load the first save, if it's dropped badly, just load the second save where I'd cashed out.

I know what you mean I was worried about the same thing and after a finished My first play through I had around 63-68 mil for each guy and invest all of it when it was @ around $7.50(which means $8 if anyone did know no matter what the cents is it rounds up to the next dollar) i then waited till this evening and when it hit just over $10 and loaded my game and saved one with and without selling............. just to be safe since I didn't wait to do the Lester missions.

Scoobroid
  • Scoobroid

GTAO Olympic Champion of Champions

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:01 AM

That's basically what I've done just in case.  Honestly, there's no real benefit to having several billions in single player that I can see but I guess I care enough about a bigger number in the top right of my screen to invest haha.

I'm the same, I know there's no point in having billions, but hey - if it can be ground, I'll grind it!

KushaD
  • KushaD

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:37 AM

I had invested when this was at close to $2 per share right not I'm laughing invested $100K reason why its going up because we keep killing innocent people in Los Santos so people are buying guns frm H&L 

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:20 PM

Morning threadies.

HAL still rising steadily. PIS still rising too. The ammunation plummet continues and the ps3 version has begun to dip but...Online goes online soon. Its October 1st already here in the Land of the Long White Cloud.
  • BlaineCountyHooker likes this

andym
  • andym

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:27 PM

Hal and Piss are about the only ones rising at present(PS3)most are falling some rather dramatically.

BlaineCountyHooker
  • BlaineCountyHooker

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:31 PM

put 30m a character in hal yesterday and have 6m profit today  :panic:  keep it coming hawks!

-alx-ndr-
  • -alx-ndr-

Actually joined June 03 2008

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:35 PM

I put 80 million into them with each player so hopefully that'll pay off...

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:15 PM

WARNING if you diversified into PIS like I did, be aware that an orchestrated sell off appears to be underway. Apparently an experiment to see if trading affects prices has been promoted over a few days in the 'GTA v' forum and they have arrived at the preplanned sell off time.

If you have PIS shares on either platform watch the price carefully or bail out. I'll be watching, for now.

I'm staying in HAL, potential online boost is just too tempting.
  • drjonkoe likes this

kalr89
  • kalr89

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:24 PM Edited by kalr89, 30 September 2013 - 10:26 PM.

17wah3.jpg

$883,848,960 profit so far :D ( yes i only just realized its a small pic, it was taken on my phone )

can get a better pic if needed!

drjonkoe
  • drjonkoe

GTA veteran

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:25 PM

WARNING if you diversified into PIS like I did, be aware that an orchestrated sell off appears to be underway. Apparently an experiment to see if trading affects prices has been promoted over a few days in the 'GTA v' forum and they have arrived at the preplanned sell off time.

If you have PIS shares on either platform watch the price carefully or bail out. I'll be watching, for now.

I'm staying in HAL, potential online boost is just too tempting.

Good to have someone looking out for us  :colgate:, thanks for the warning. It will be good to see if their Pisswasser sell off will have some influence. It'll be good to know some more about how the market works although I doubt whether +/- 1000 (max) on this forum will have any influence in a market with millions of participants.

I am so curious wether our theory becomes reality. Will H&L rocket through the roof the next 24 or 48 hours? 

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:32 AM

Aaaaaaaand the frenzy has eased and the internet breathes again.

HAL and PIS still rising. AMU still falling. Finding out how Online affects the market should begin inside the next 6 hours.

Tomorrows headlines? Videogame breaks internet.

Wherewolf
  • Wherewolf

Fak u

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:34 AM

Why are people still investing in single player? Was the minimum of 250 million from the story investments not enough for you?

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:41 AM

Why are people still investing in single player? Was the minimum of 250 million from the story investments not enough for you?

Because I don't get many hours a day to play? So I'm only 38% complete despite starting on release day? Because this is giving me money to spend as I play rather than once its finished? Because I find it interesting?
  • Førsaken likes this

ThePersianGrandTheftMaster
  • ThePersianGrandTheftMaster

Gold Standard Theft

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:29 PM Edited by ThePersianGrandTheftMaster, 15 October 2013 - 11:32 PM.

I have made a combined $600M profit with all 3 players by investing in H&L, and I'm still waiting for another increase before I sell it. It's a great stock to buy and it'll surely hit $100 if the stock doesn't fluctuate.

But we should ask ourselves, will this stock have a large decline like Ammunation? and should we expect a decrease in price?

Crapnaut
  • Crapnaut

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:06 AM

Well.. I bought HAl & PIS quite low and saw it rising during the last weeks playing online.

Too bad there was no Investing already in online mode..

BUT.. at least it I get a smile whenever I watch my portfolio in SG.. hitting the Billion mark soon.

I didnt keep the Lester missions until the end so at least I still coul dmake a nice amount of money.

I agree, it is useless in SG.. but it was fun to play with the stocks. Just hope for OG it will still be working out

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users