rockstar is putting more effort in online because

60 replies to this topic
JohnGazman
  • JohnGazman

"Jesus Christ Lamar, you gotta stop talkin'!"

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:59 PM

Lol who knows they could create a online story missions where gta 3 era charecters come back then that would shut you up.

Somebody please put me out of my misery.

While you're at it, I need to be euthanised too.

ONEkingscar
  • ONEkingscar

The stealth toker

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:10 PM

They want to screw over people who download the game (and for the money of course)... I mean they hate people who download the game obviously since they delay all the pc versions of their game for months and some dont even recieve a pc version(piracy on pc is just what it is)..its obviously they are doing this so people who download the game play something inferior... I dont really care since Im buy this game the first day its out on PC but Im sure theres gonna be a lot of pissed of people for this

This topic isn't going to have any effect except it keeps making PC gamers look like whiny people.

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:15 PM

GTA ONLINE will only be entertaining for 6 months or so unfortunately like all the other MP games

Considering people played GTA IV MP for over 5 years you really think that's true?

Not to mention that Rockstar will also be constantly updating it over time.

K.Walters
  • K.Walters

Keep calm and facepalm

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:32 PM

Meh. I'll pick up gold o October 1st to try out GtaO. After that if I'll be playing GTA Online it will be on PC. + I'll be getting all the DLC for PC while none for Xbox. Not going to buy any microtransactions for a dying console.

kastrenzo
  • kastrenzo

Hustler

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:24 AM

Why do PC gamers always think that there is a conspiracy against them? That Rockstar is perusing some sort of vendetta? No. No no no.

Consoles are where the money is, it's called capitalism, there'd be no GTA without it.

Back in the early years on GTA, I'm talking GTA 1, online was very different and PC games made money. Rockstar owe you nothing.

Uh, considering they advertised things from MP3 like the crew thing,, I'd argue he opposite.

And there's also just as much money if not more in the PC market, it's just not all centralized in billion dollar making AAA games.

There's more people on PC than on consoles, not to mention that the 1 billion people who already bought the game could be either some open minded PC players who are playing the console just for V or other good console exclusives (Like myself). 

GTA V didn't make 1 billion sales,

It made 1 billion dollars in sales.

csukar
  • csukar

Llama

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:27 AM Edited by csukar, 28 September 2013 - 03:29 AM.

They want to screw over people who download the game (and for the money of course)... I mean they hate people who download the game obviously since they delay all the pc versions of their game for months and some dont even recieve a pc version(piracy on pc is just what it is)..its obviously they are doing this so people who download the game play something inferior... I dont really care since Im buy this game the first day its out on PC but Im sure theres gonna be a lot of pissed of people for this

disregard this post read it wrong lol

Ethereal_NYC
  • Ethereal_NYC

Hustler

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:39 AM

Not going to buy any microtransactions for a dying console.

whatevr you purchase on GTAO will prob transfer over to ps4/x1

ILOVELOUDPACKS
  • ILOVELOUDPACKS

I'm your pusher

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:44 AM

GTA ONLINE will only be entertaining for 6 months or so unfortunately like all the other MP games

the months leading to gta v. their were tons of people playing gta iv so you're wrong. even before gta v was announced their were tons of people play gta iv.

FlagBoy
  • FlagBoy

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:59 AM

Nope...it's simply because online is the future of gaming....unfortunately.

If that is the case then Microsoft needs to stop being a bitch and get rid of that annoying pay $50 a month for online. I hate Microsoft... but I can't live/work without them...

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:07 AM

Because nothing. f*ck Rockstar for taking this approach. GTA V shoulda been a single player focused experience which shoulda stretched waaaay over 69 missions......

smokey__
  • smokey__

High Hopes

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:12 AM

Where are all these whiny PC gamers coming from?

You will actually find that most long time members of these forums are PC gamers,  GTA community is mostly about modding and playing on PC platform.

These forums always get bombarded with Console Kids around every release but give 6 months or till the next call of duty get's released and most of you kids will move on and these forums will clean up a lot.  By then GTA 5 will be released on PC and we can enjoy with better graphics, 32 player or more multiplayer and enough mods to keep us busy till GTA 6 is released.

At which point you and 1000's of more people like yourself will join to entertain us once again with all your crazy posts and comments.

stevean2
  • stevean2

Fast As You Can Fap!

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:33 AM

Where are all these whiny PC gamers coming from?

You will actually find that most long time members of these forums are PC gamers,  GTA community is mostly about modding and playing on PC platform.

These forums always get bombarded with Console Kids around every release but give 6 months or till the next call of duty get's released and most of you kids will move on and these forums will clean up a lot.  By then GTA 5 will be released on PC and we can enjoy with better graphics, 32 player or more multiplayer and enough mods to keep us busy till GTA 6 is released.

At which point you and 1000's of more people like yourself will join to entertain us once again with all your crazy posts and comments.

shame you can't mod on GTA V yet and all it is, is a bunch of you whining that rockstar didnt appeal to all your self-entitlement issues. GTA IV got a GTA V-esque mod recently. Why dont you play that if your longing for V so much?
and hey. I enjoy gaming on PC when I can. Shame I dont have the money to "upgrade it now" but that's what happens when moron's make stupid assumptions I guess.

btw. Ew. COD. and a majority of you are whining cause Rockstar didnt extend the single player's storyline past the point it needed to be, you telling me you cant wait too make a bunch of 100 "drive to point A shoot a bunch of Point B" guy missions GTA IV had? Have fun with that. I'll appricate the story it gave me. Thanks.

Again. Whiny PC gamers who act like brats cause they can't get their own way. Intrested in seeing what mods come out of it though.
The Batman one for IV was quite hilarious.

Romel3
  • Romel3

BEAST COAST 2013

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:47 AM

Nope...it's simply because online is the future of gaming....unfortunately.

As a PC gamer who believes 'The last of us' is this years, "game of the year", i shudder at this.
sorry but the lame zombie theme is getting boring. The story is good but it's meh because of that. Don't think that Rockstar is overlooking Online. They wouldn't waste their time with easter eggs and collectible items.

lol the game is not even about zombies. Play and the game rather than watching playthroughs on youtube, please.

Forzum
  • Forzum

Fossy

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:51 AM

Yeah okey you think that.

leon3789
  • leon3789

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:56 AM

Can someone tell me what is so bad about online gaming?

The people who have a problem with it normally fall into a couple of groups. 

-People who don't like to be social/don't like the idea of being social with people though the internet

-People who see all online gaming as the CoD style gaming

And

-People who seem to think every game that has online puts little to no effort into SP solely so they can make online. 

I'm all for everyone having their own opinion, but I have to say, gamers are some of the people who seem to hate change the most from what I have witnessed.

RuiRuichi
  • RuiRuichi

Snitch

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:01 AM

I don't see how the multiplayer mode which only had like 6 months of development with less than a thousand page script, few dialogues, new interiors, few important NPCs, no storyline, no new side activities, a few game modes that didn't require much effort, and new properties which are only apartments counts as "more effort" compared to the effort put in Single Player. Rockstar made a new world bigger than RDR,GTA IV, and GTA SA combined from scratch, new cars, new modified cars, new planes a new physics engine for the cars and planes, new city layout with LS, tens of thousands of pages of script, a storyline spanning 30+ hours, developing the Tennis, yoga, darts, Golf, Races, properties, mission creativity,  and so much more.

4 and a half years of development from scatch > a few months of late development for multiplayer. GTAO's 700 missions are just going to randomly generated and similarly designed lol with just a few variations in between. Just under the illusion of being "more focused".

behe
  • behe

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:06 AM

You are wrong. GTAIV multiplayer is STILL being played, right at this moment. Even after the release of V and even after GTAO people will still play it, GTAO will be successful, without doubt.

BlackTiger999
  • BlackTiger999

Swedish Police Unit

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:06 AM

Why are these threads always written in a way I can't understand?

Because it's written by people with the same gens.

Tek9blaster
  • Tek9blaster

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:39 AM Edited by Tek9blaster, 28 September 2013 - 08:47 AM.

The only issue I have with online is playing with idiotic and stupid people who will annoy me, obviously most won't but I've met them on gta IV so I'm aware also serious gamers are just as bad giving orders ect ... No

Scooter_Johnson
  • Scooter_Johnson

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:50 AM

i can see it now, people that downloaded gta 5 on torrents or game download sites, and when they try and access the game they get a console banned lol

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:52 AM

Um I dont understand this theory of Rockstar putting more effort in Online at all. GTA V's SP has ALOT of content, it is an upgrade to GTA IV's freeroam in SP in every possible way. Story (this can vary from person to person but IMO V's story is f'n awesome) and missions are unique and action packed unlike half of IV's missions which were about just driving your boss from point A to B, kill some thugs then drive back to the safehouse.

V has less missions than previous GTA titles in numbers only, the length of GTA V's story and IV's story I believe is almost the same. In V you have longer and more interesting missions. I dont have to mention the heists and how detailed they are with most of them giving more than one options to choose from.

GTA Online has more to its freeroam than V, ofcourse there is more to it. If GTAO and SP were the same thing why the hell would people bother playing Online anyways? They had to keep certain things exclusive to GTA Online for it to attract players. No one would bother about playing SP with friends. 

They would have done exactly that I believe IF this was GTA V MP mode, but it isnt. This is something big they are trying to do here, this is here to stay and grow as time goes on, this is their next big project....... but it doesnt mean they did a half-ass job to SP... hell no.. the SP and story mode is awesome as it is.

Wasnt GTA freeroam always all about your own imagination and creativity to enjoy?... 

• QuietJosh likes this

Juzt
  • Juzt

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:00 AM

Saying something is "boring" is nothing more than personal preference/opinion. So it would be a complete waste of time disputing whether or not the game is "garbage" as you put it. Find some game breaking bugs the majority are suffering from. Until then keep it moving with your "opinion".

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:02 AM

GTA V has more story combined with side missions then any other gta to date, stop being a f*cktard.

Juzt
  • Juzt

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:04 AM Edited by Juzt, 28 September 2013 - 09:04 AM.

And as for those saying GTA V will only be played for 6 months. Considering 4 has been played for years (which by the looks of it) is INFINITELY more watered down than the upcoming GTA Online. I can safely say you're  talking out of your anus.

Detained
  • Detained

Peon

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:10 AM Edited by Detained, 28 September 2013 - 10:15 AM.

I have to dissagree i am not for the ONLINE part of V , i brought the game as stand alone single player/open world and we know damn well ( multyplayer isnt even optional at this point in time with selecting online this so called Multyplayer isnt even in the game right now as we speak so i dont want to hear oh they will add more to this feature, meh if there going to add more dlc and extra features do it for the OFFLINE part of the game makes F*cking sence.

• chippy221 likes this

infamousxx09
  • infamousxx09

Trick

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:13 AM

i can see it now, people that downloaded gta 5 on torrents or game download sites, and when they try and access the game they get a console banned lol

lol welcome to mw2,

dewan2000
  • dewan2000

Hustler

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:13 AM

On consoles that is.  Online games on PC stay relevant and more people play them longer on PC. Partly due to mods, but more players stick to one game longer. On Console, players jump ship from one game to another.  Im willing to bet the online community in GTA 5 will drop by like 30-50% once COD comes out.

Morto Matrix
  • Morto Matrix

Sharpshooter

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:33 AM

Even if GTA Online doesn't end up keeping me entertained for very long, I've still got BF4 and all the games coming out this year/early next year :)

smokey__
  • smokey__

High Hopes

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:29 PM

Even if GTA Online doesn't end up keeping me entertained for very long, I've still got BF4 and all the games coming out this year/early next year :)

Yes and I will be glad when you and the rest of your kind move on...

snacker111
  • snacker111

GTA

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:06 PM

Consoles are the future of "gaming".... PCs are the future of "modding".

I mean come on, people have to use a damn console controller to get the full video game experience on their PC. It shows that PCs arent meant for "gaming".

The next generation consoles will have an infinite resource pool with the cloud gaming feature. Graphics will be streamed to the console without even using hardware so it will ultimately beat out PCs. The PC era is over.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users