[TxT] Vigilante need help/info

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic
Aintgottime2bleed
  • Aintgottime2bleed

to weird to live to rare to die

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:47 AM

Hey i started new game and try get some things at begin of the game so im ready for gang wars. I already did ambulance till 12 ( completed ), now im about to do the vigilante missions. I already got all tags sprayed. Now if some1 can tell me the easiest/fastest way to complete vigilante missions. Im thinking i use police bike and the smg gun ( mp5 ). Now my qeustion, is better on bike with 1 recruited member or take car with 3 recruited members ? i think bike best for me but then whats better, a recruit with the smg or desert eagle ? last qeustion, i wanna be 100% sure i complete it in 1 try so how much ammo i need?. Im thinking like 2k till 3k smg ammo to shoot on the cars and then i can always take them out with my ak47. This probally asked more but since i got the tags sprayed i think that gives me an advantage ( guns + recruits ) im wondering whats the best and i need 100% sure i dont run out ammo. Let me know if you remember/know what it takes to complete ( no cheats and only shotgun + smg + ak47 ).

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:18 AM

Use a police bike and an SMG. The targets shoot back, which makes drive-bys in 4 wheel vehicle impractical due to the damage. SMG skill shouldn't matter on the bike, and will probably get close to maxed skill by the time you are done. 2000 rounds of ammo is just about right if you are efficient, but you'd better bring a bit more to be safe. 3000 rounds should be plenty.

The vigilante vehicle will gain a little health at the end of each level so if you can avoid explosions, fire, and close range shotgun blasts, a police bike shouldn't have too much surviving the mission. Try to stay directly behind the targets to limit their field of view. Especially for the last few levels,

I doubt the homie will be much help, but it shouldn't hurt to drag one along. I suggest trying a desert eagle first. I'm curious to learn if you can find a practical method to work him into the mix.

The power move here is to sneak into LV early and stockpile a small cache of mini-gun ammo. Managing the 4-star wanted level can be tough, but many people also find the last 3 levels of vigilante to be pretty difficult. It doesn't take all that much ammo to take out a set of targets if you ambush them at the end of a road.

Aintgottime2bleed
  • Aintgottime2bleed

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:55 AM

Thanks man, im just at doberman mission ( didnt complete ) so i need it done today. Thank for all the info ( i forgot the cops ). So you advice is just keep driving ( only focus vigilante enemy ) or i should take out cops?. I really never did this so i dont know if you got few time or you get plenty time to kill them. My last qeustion ( to verify ) i just keep focus on enemy and dont need fast repaints( lose wanted ), also which area best to do? i think long straight roads some like that. I gotta go soon but ill try tonight and use desert eagle member.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:08 PM

For the Gang Wars... You don't need the extra 50% of body armour. I don't think it's worth the trouble.

BUT:

• 2000 rounds should be enough, check out the 2012 Weapons Guide for FREE weapons and ammo [contains spoilers].
  • Buy all the Safe Houses you can. So you can Change a garment like the shirt (or buy a garment) to lose wanted stars,
  • Know the locations of the Bribe Stars.
  • Do the Firefighting Missions to make CJ fireproof. Use the Molotov Cocktails to wipe out masses of foes. (Makes lots of money too.)
  • Do the Burglary Missions to give CJ the ability to Super-Sprint. And makes some money.

Aintgottime2bleed
  • Aintgottime2bleed

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:58 PM

Thanks for the info, im trying get 100% on gta for first time so i rather have the armor bonus now, i did gangwars before and i dont have trouble winning. If i got ak47 + smg im good ( never used/liked molotovs ) just use your area/surrounding as advantage cuz ak47 pop them before they shoot ( ak47 good range ) and smg for quike reloads ( switch guns ). The savehouse ( change clothes trick ) might be usefull for me. Ill try soon i first need get alot ammo ( i just save and re-enter house to get lots of ammo then change tec 9 to the smg near train/railroad ). All thanks for the info and ill let know if i completed the vigilante missions, after that im trying hood abuse etc. and see if i can turn the map green.

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:00 PM

Getting a tattoo or a new haircut also clears wanted level (and AFAIK is quicker than changing clothes).

There's always a car parked in the lot by the Idlewood PnS, which you can run through the PnS within the time limit.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:08 PM

I usually plan on having a 2 star wanted level for the duration of the vigilante mission. Road blocks start spawning at 3 stars and I prefer to avoid them. The main danger from 2 stars is having a foot cop run up from off screen and suddenly bust CJ, so keep moving. Learn the locations for the bribes hidden around the map and snag one whenever the wanted level gets above 2 stars. Painting, changing clothes, haircut or whatever is a waste of time, early on. After I get to level 10 (hopefully with at least 8 minutes on the clock) I usually clear the stars to make it easier to top off the health and armor. At later levels of vigilante it's pretty difficult to earn additional stars; so it's a bit more worth the effort to clear them.

Aintgottime2bleed
  • Aintgottime2bleed

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:48 PM

Ah thank you, i found out its pretty hard ( i think ill do later but when gangwars still active, bike skill need up first ). I tried with deagle recruit and i think its even harder cuz they dont shoot at enemy vehicle ( as far as i seen ) only when enemy out car ( ofcourse he help kill cops and thats handy ). Problem is he shoot at all enemy gangmembers so you get shot and all npc vehicles start drive insane causing me to fall of bike. I might have found lil terrortory glitch.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users